Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners (34295 Views)

Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day / Can This Happen At Nigerian Embassies? / Nigerian Embassies In Romania, Hungary Receive Over 200 Nigerians From Ukraine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by saajus: 6:19pm On Jan 02, 2020
Why do foreign embassies in Nigeria employ Nigerians?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by LiftedMan: 6:20pm On Jan 02, 2020
JONSYN7154:
I work with American embassy here in abuja and they employed Nigerians as FSN staff.

There are no jobless educated Americans in Nigeria in large quantity, are they? My point is, there are lots of educated Nigerian here in Qatar that don't have jobs, don't they deserve a chance, I have nothing against the Indian guy I spoke with, but remembering the stories of people I've spoken with who where jobless for months makes me wonder. We need to take care of our own first.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by chuggy(m): 6:27pm On Jan 02, 2020
buygala:
But there are a lot of Nigerians working at Christ embassy

Or is that one not a Nigerian embassy?
hahahaha it's not a nigerian embassy but a love world
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by OlaPhils(m): 6:35pm On Jan 02, 2020
Even the one in Abu Dhabi, they got some stupid Indians working for them. You will never go to an Indian own organization outside and see a Nigerian working there. Indian Hates black with passion
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by splashbaby(m): 6:39pm On Jan 02, 2020
nlPoster:
Are people implying there are data breaches in Nigerian passport processing?
hmmm interesting
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by frowland(m): 6:41pm On Jan 02, 2020
FlordFlorez:
U are the one that's trying to make mountain outta molehill. Also, u are delusional by dragging ur uncle profile into this matter. Hw do u want to explain calling an indian a local (native) in another man's land (QATAR). So since ur uncle is a staff at Italy, automatically u knw it all. Who knows if that ur uncle know u exit sef. If u dont knw, u have sold him out to the public by advertising him. Nonentity!

There you go, making no sense at all. What uncle profile are you talking about?? My uncle (Nigerian) works with an Italian embassy in a European country. I know a German lady who works with Ukranian Embassy. So what point are you trying to prove?
Secondly, let's assume my uncle does not know me, or otherwise, does that negate the point that a Nigerian citizen, works in a foreign Italian embassy just as you stated above??
If you have problem with all these, then go out and protest, making useless post about it here makes no sense.
Moreover, NG Embassy in your so called Qatar does not attend to ONLY nigerians BUT all nationals who have business to do with Nigeria. You wont have ONLY Nigerians working in a foreign embassy just as you wont see ALL US citizens in their Embassy here in Nigeria.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Yankee101: 6:42pm On Jan 02, 2020
koning:

Because they cannot and will never find an American in Nigeria that will do the same job for the salary they pay Nigerians living in Nigeria.
Why is it difficult for Nigerians to have a deep and insightful analysis of issues.

There is no job in any Nigerian embassy in Europe, USA or Canada in which you cannot find Nigerians legally resident in those countries that are willing to do the job. Why employ an Indian driver or receptionist in a Nigerian embassy in London, The Hague, New-York, berlin etc. when there are local resident Nigerians with work permits willing to do the job.

There lies the difference and that is what Op is talking about.

What of Niger, Benin Republic and other so called poorer countries that still employ Nigerians?

All embassies employ locals as non essential staff. While all the consular officers are from the home country.

It's not because they can't get Americans to work there if they wanted to

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Yankee101: 6:43pm On Jan 02, 2020
LiftedMan:

Bro, if you come to Qatar and you see the number of jobless Nigerians, you will get my point.

Non essential staff are usually locals for most embassies
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by assavin: 7:03pm On Jan 02, 2020
Do you need tutorial for your ward?
We offer extra school coaching for primary and secondary school students, preparatory classes for WAEC, NECO, JAMB, POST JAMB
We also offer intensive coaching for adults who wants to learn how to read and write effectively
Do you stay around lekki/eti-osa lg or Lagos island?
Why not reach us on
08138642956 (WhatsApp activated)
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Klington: 7:05pm On Jan 02, 2020
buygala:
But there are a lot of Nigerians working at Christ embassy

Or is that one not a Nigerian embassy?

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by oglalasioux(m): 7:05pm On Jan 02, 2020
All embassies employ local people as staff. Nigerians are working in all foreign missions in Nigeria.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Kris907(m): 7:14pm On Jan 02, 2020
As if Nigerians are not working in the foreign embassy in Nigeria.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Rebsy(f): 7:19pm On Jan 02, 2020
LiftedMan:
So I just called the Nigerian Embassy in Qatar, And guess what? It's was Indian Guy that spoke to me, imagine that. Someone informed me that it's not strange to find foreigners working in Nigerian embassies.

They're called 'local staff & it's not just Nigerians that do that!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by AdujaZik(m): 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2020
LiftedMan:
So I just called the Nigerian Embassy in Qatar, And guess what? It's was Indian Guy that spoke to me, imagine that. Someone informed me that it's not strange to find foreigners working in Nigerian embassies.
The same way Nigerians are working in foreign embassies.
My brother works in Vietnam embassy.
His friend who is also a Nigerian works in Us embassy.
It's 50/50 bro

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Itopsin(m): 7:33pm On Jan 02, 2020
You just displayed your level of exposure, even in US embassy (situate in Abuja), we have Nigerians working there. From a reliable source, Nigerian Embassy in Qatar have Nigerians working there as well.
francisbarrack:
Nigeria isn't a country.... set of unserious n disgraceful people

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by mailemy(m): 7:52pm On Jan 02, 2020
francisbarrack:
Nigeria isn't a country.... set of unserious n disgraceful people
you are the one disgracing yourself. Ignorance is not an excuse. Try to find out why it is like that in all embassies and not just Nigeria. It's a law and routine for all embassies. Try make a research on that before concluding and using every opportunity to discredit or tarnish the image of Nigeria.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by GorkoDimo: 7:58pm On Jan 02, 2020
This is normal, there are hundreds of Nigerians working in foreign embassies in Nigeria. My cousin was an employee of Kuwait Embassy as a student in Europe. So calm down this is 2020
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by thatigboman: 8:03pm On Jan 02, 2020
LiftedMan:

Oga, we have many unemployed Nigerians seeking for jobs here but the foreigners get the jobs at the Embassy.
so all embassies in nigeria should chase away nigerians working with them and import staff from their home countries

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by thatigboman: 8:04pm On Jan 02, 2020
GorkoDimo:
This is normal, there are hundreds of Nigerians working in foreign embassies in Nigeria. My cousin was an employee of Kuwait Embassy as a student in Europe. So calm down this is 2020
exactly. Nigerians and pettiness
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by babapressy(m): 8:06pm On Jan 02, 2020
surprised
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Amanda4life: 8:07pm On Jan 02, 2020
Because we cannot hear English very well
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Iko5000: 8:25pm On Jan 02, 2020
Not true period
OgunLaakaye:

Is it only Americans that work in US embassies?

Let's start from there.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by uvie66: 8:30pm On Jan 02, 2020
salford1:
Cheaper to employ locals than flying in workers from their native countries I guess.
Same happens at all embassies and not just Nigerian ones.
Nonsense talk, even in England where we have a high population of Nigerians they still employ foreigners.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by antibullshit: 8:36pm On Jan 02, 2020
Most people here dont know about the foreign service ...not their fault. However, I am the son of a diplomat who grew up in diplomatic circles.
I know for a fact that some of the staff in the embassy are always locals. I remember our Austrian driver named Robert...only the embassy officials were Nigerian Foreign embassies in nigeria also have nigerians working there...I know someone who works in the Singapore embassy in Abuja and another who works in the American embassy. Hiring locals for some jobs at embassies is not only a nigerian practice.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by richPHAROAH: 8:37pm On Jan 02, 2020
LiftedMan:
bro if you go to any embassy in nigeria , u will find nigerians working there. nothing strange about that
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by 4gunners(m): 8:37pm On Jan 02, 2020
helpnigeria:
Very simple question they don't want Nigerians to see first hand the illegal deals they are doing ...
And you think you can actually help Nigeria with this your mentality. Embassies of foreign nations also employ their host citizens. Have u been to any embassy before?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Bashir75: 8:38pm On Jan 02, 2020
salford1:
Cheaper to employ locals than flying in workers from their native countries I guess.
Same happens at all embassies and not just Nigerian ones.

That’s just a vague and unjustifiable reason. There are Nigerians in every country of the world and they can be hired to project the image of the country which foreign affairs ministry (embassies) was established to do. Even in some embassies, the Nigerians hired are seconded to the foreign uneducated employees to hide the corrupt tendencies of the ambassadors. Also, the perceived inferiority complex of Nigerians to white skinned people is second to none. [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
Nigerians compromise easily
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by hinograce: 9:06pm On Jan 02, 2020
I see it as a good thing. Some Nigerians working in our embassies are not so nice. The Nigerian factor will be obvious. Some will delay you unnecessarily, some will ask for bribe some will be unnecessarily sarcastic. Trust me you will be happier speaking to a foreigner. That is what it is.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by ttmacoy: 9:07pm On Jan 02, 2020
Aren’t there Nigerian working in some roles at the US and British embassies in Nigeria?

LiftedMan:
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by MrCork: 9:35pm On Jan 02, 2020
LiftedMan:

foreriners spek good English & they don't take bribe....pirrriod
...Nigerians spek pigeon English & guess wot...they take bribe!!!(No oofeense)
angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bus Catches Fire On Motion In Osogbo, Burns Completely As Eyewitnesses Sob / Yankari 3M Suite Palaver: See The Official Tariffs/Rates / Toyota Hilux And Sienna Tumble Into A Gutter In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.