Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners (34297 Views)

Proof Some Nigerian Embassies Issue Passports On The Same Day / Can This Happen At Nigerian Embassies? / Nigerian Embassies In Romania, Hungary Receive Over 200 Nigerians From Ukraine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Xneg: 5:11pm On Jan 02, 2020
LiftedMan:
So I just called the Nigerian Embassy in Qatar, And guess what? It's was Indian Guy that spoke to me, imagine that. Someone informed me that it's not strange to find foreigners working in Nigerian embassies.

All embassies employ locals, goto USA embassy in Lagos, we have several Nigerians working there
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by mrksquare: 5:13pm On Jan 02, 2020
LiftedMan:
So I just called the Nigerian Embassy in Qatar, And guess what? It's was Indian Guy that spoke to me, imagine that. Someone informed me that it's not strange to find foreigners working in Nigerian embassies.

The same way that Nigerians are employed in foreign embassies domicile in Lagos and Abuja that's the same way Nigeria Embassies abroad also enlist the services of Nationals of its host country and others. Is a normal thing. My late grand dad was a staff of America Embassy in Lagos in the 1970's.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 02, 2020
I see nothing wrong here afterall embassies here hire Nigerians.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by CaptainFM1: 5:13pm On Jan 02, 2020
buygala:
But there are a lot of Nigerians working at Christ embassy

Or is that one not a Nigerian embassy?

Not the same. That one is owned by Jesus Christ.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by tycomm(m): 5:14pm On Jan 02, 2020
It's normal
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by helpnigeria: 5:15pm On Jan 02, 2020
Very simple question they don't want Nigerians to see first hand the illegal deals they are doing ...
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by lacade(m): 5:19pm On Jan 02, 2020
Don't let us always 'Nigerianize' everything, Nigeria is not as bad as we always assume that everything is wrong with the government. All foreign embassies in Nigeria use locals, only visas and other decision making roles are carried out by natives of the respective countries. You can call US embassy in Lagos and Abuja to confirm.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by bmdmixer: 5:23pm On Jan 02, 2020
and it will become bribe things un nessary delays other countries employ their nationals because dey are trusted n well trained, not replaces people with nah my brother
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Lexusgs430: 5:23pm On Jan 02, 2020
To show we're not racists, we are only tribalists and ritualists..........
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by DelphiOracle(m): 5:23pm On Jan 02, 2020
buygala:
But there are a lot of Nigerians working at Christ embassy

Or is that one not a Nigerian embassy?
hahahaha.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by FlordFlorez(m): 5:25pm On Jan 02, 2020
frowland:

My first uncle works in Italian Embassy, and currently as a senior staff. Stop making a mountain out of a molehill.
U are the one that's trying to make mountain outta molehill. Also, u are delusional by dragging ur uncle profile into this matter. Hw do u want to explain calling an indian a local (native) in another man's land (QATAR). So since ur uncle is a staff at Italy, automatically u knw it all. Who knows if that ur uncle know u exit sef. If u dont knw, u have sold him out to the public by advertising him. Nonentity!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by pirazo: 5:26pm On Jan 02, 2020
The reason is not far fetched.....Nigeria Leaders
do not just have sense....They copy virtually everything.....I just hope that a foreigner can rule Nigeria for just 2 terms just may be then we will get our acts right

[
quote author=LiftedMan post=85434385]So I just called the Nigerian Embassy in Qatar, And guess what? It's was Indian Guy that spoke to me, imagine that. Someone informed me that it's not strange to find foreigners working in Nigerian embassies.[/quote]
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by kitone: 5:30pm On Jan 02, 2020
That's not true Nigerian own is pathetic

salford1:
Cheaper to employ locals than flying in workers from their native countries I guess.
Same happens at all embassies and not just Nigerian ones.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by gido2017: 5:31pm On Jan 02, 2020
A Nigerian citizen shouldn't be complain of this situation.
This is because you can find Nigerians in almost every country working in all of their institutions.

So let's also accommodate other nationalities
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by lonelydora: 5:33pm On Jan 02, 2020
LiftedMan:

Saving cost.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Aboguede(m): 5:35pm On Jan 02, 2020
Well india has a big stake in the Nigeria foreign mission! Over 80% of Nigeria embassies has Indian staffs
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Originalsly: 5:40pm On Jan 02, 2020
My West Indian neighbour worked at the Nigerian Consulate in New York.... he was the first contact person at the consulate. It made no sense to me since there are thousandsss of Nigerians in NYC that need a job period. But when he explained... it made sense. He has no tribal or religious sentiments nor is afraid of rich or powerful people... and this is a big factor in keeping order. Big boys usually pushed their way to the front and he had no problem chasing them to the back. Most Nigerians would not dare do that. Makes sense to me.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Aboguede(m): 5:40pm On Jan 02, 2020
N.a. you dey buy data for them? Abi you dey feed any body?

You just show ur self make them think say u go school

Busy body

1mrprolific7:
Welcome to Year 2020.

If you wake up to log in to NL to learn about the bad news about the country or for tribal masochism, and spend the next 1 hour on facebook or twitter looking at the latest news or trends, then spend another 1 hour on whatsapp looking at peoples' status and personal lifestyle, then spend the evenings to go watch how Chelsea should win or how Barcelona should fail...then keep logging off and on NL to see how many likes or mentions you have had...

then I put it to you that if you continue this trend for the next 2-3 years, especially if you are a youth that has a bright future ahead, the likelihood that you'll end up as a failure in life is high.

If you put all the minutes you spend on unproductive things online, it's enough to find a bearing for your life and loved ones even in the midst of the hardship all around.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by mekyno777(m): 5:43pm On Jan 02, 2020
Most of u ppl are getting it wrong.
An INDIAN guy working in Nigerian embassy in qatar, not a qatar citizen oh.
If an indian can do the work with the pay, a educated nigeria roaming the street/doing menial jobs can as well.
We are doomed as a nation.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by EverestdeBliu(m): 5:46pm On Jan 02, 2020
LiftedMan:

Oga, we have many unemployed Nigerians seeking for jobs here but the foreigners get the jobs at the Embassy.
even right there in Qatar, I'm pretty sure they are unemployed Nigerians who would have filled that space.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 02, 2020
Those are outsourced call center agents. They don't actually work directly for the embasy! It's a cheap labor, no benefits, no health insurance etc!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by pavoda: 5:55pm On Jan 02, 2020
grin that’s a giving
nlPoster:
Are people implying there are data breaches in Nigerian passport processing?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by koning: 5:58pm On Jan 02, 2020
Yankee101:
Why does the American Embassy in Nigeria employ Nigerians?

Because they cannot and will never find an American in Nigeria that will do the same job for the salary they pay Nigerians living in Nigeria.
Why is it difficult for Nigerians to have a deep and insightful analysis of issues.

There is no job in any Nigerian embassy in Europe, USA or Canada in which you cannot find Nigerians legally resident in those countries that are willing to do the job. Why employ an Indian driver or receptionist in a Nigerian embassy in London, The Hague, New-York, berlin etc. when there are local resident Nigerians with work permits willing to do the job.

There lies the difference and that is what Op is talking about.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by dallyemmy: 5:58pm On Jan 02, 2020
... because foreign embassies employ Nigerians...
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by LiftedMan: 5:59pm On Jan 02, 2020
Yankee101:
Why does the American Embassy in Nigeria employ Nigerians?

Bro, if you come to Qatar and you see the number of jobless Nigerians, you will get my point.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by LiftedMan: 6:00pm On Jan 02, 2020
koning:

Because they cannot and will never find an American in Nigeria that will do the same job for the salary they pay Nigerians living in Nigeria.
Why is it difficult for Nigerians to have a deep and insightful analysis of issues.

There is no job in any Nigerian embassy in Europe, USA or Canada in which you cannot find Nigerians legally resident in those countries that are willing to do the job. Why employ an Indian driver or receptionist in a Nigerian embassy in London, The Hague, New-York, berlin etc. when there are local resident Nigerians with work permits willing to do the job.

You got my point bro.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by JONSYN7154: 6:01pm On Jan 02, 2020
LiftedMan:
I work with American embassy here in abuja and they employed Nigerians as FSN staff.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by madjune(m): 6:02pm On Jan 02, 2020
Unserious country.

Why can't they put Naira Marley there?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by nlPoster: 6:14pm On Jan 02, 2020
koning:

They employ foreigners because that's who they reserve the positions for, not they cant find Nigerians who would want to work there. They simply would not hire any who applied (assuming they heard of a vacancy), that's all.

And some of the posts are security related so they wouldn't just pick anybody to put there unless something is off and they have been compromised.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Embassies Employ Foreigners by endy69: 6:16pm On Jan 02, 2020
salford1:
Cheaper to employ locals than flying in workers from their native countries I guess.
Same happens at all embassies and not just Nigerian ones.
The OP said Qatar and an Indian National answered the call. He's not Qatar local

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bus Catches Fire On Motion In Osogbo, Burns Completely As Eyewitnesses Sob / Yankari 3M Suite Palaver: See The Official Tariffs/Rates / Toyota Hilux And Sienna Tumble Into A Gutter In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.