Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,428 members, 7,836,722 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor (3335 Views)

I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo / Fayose To Dino: ‘Political Hushpuppi’ Who Teamed Up To Enthrone Calamity In 2015 / Governor Obiano, Catholic Church Want To Take Our Land - Anglicans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 7:08am On Jan 03, 2020
OneNigerianist:
only a fool will think politics is a simple. Generally Anglicanism is inherently liberal and all embracing and progressive while catholicism is relatively more divisive and conservative. It follows that an Anglican can be a fanatic and yet more acceptable to his community than a catholic who is a fanatic.

let me give you an example, if you called a fanatical Anglican to lead a prayer in a Christian gathering, he'll likely start with singing a lot of hymns and making bible quotations before prayer all of which the people will have no reason to reject but a fanatical catholic will likely start with "hail mary" or any such prayer that will be greeted with resentment. it follows that Anglicanism with its liberal and progressive values plays more role in driving development than Catholicism which encourages dogma and discourages "openness". This is why developed western countries are founded on liberal/protestant and progressive values. This is also why Latin america with strong Catholic influence is still struggling to catch up despite being peopled with same Caucasians. were the US to be colonized by the Portuguese or Spain, she wouldn't be different from mexico.
Checkout anywhere you have the two denominations in substantial number there are more influential people who are Anglicans-at-heart than there are Catholics, even in the US.
This is also true in Anambra. find out those who put Chinweoke mbadinuju, find the person who put Ngige or obi's second tenure, you'll know the Catholic dominance is a ruse. those godfathers and politicians don't have religions in mind except obi who Changed apga to a religious party. most developed Anambra towns are dominated by anglicans.

Enough said and apt. Hope they now understand clearly.
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by delawal: 11:50am On Jan 03, 2020
chy101:
You are in order. Though Anglican was the first to arrive Onitsha before spreading to other parts of southeast, but Catholic came and spread faster and dominated most places.

So it will be safe to say that Catholic is 60, while Anglican is 40.

in d anambra I come from BC am not sure u re from anambra. catholics are up to 80%. in my hometown in njikoka LGA, we have 5 catholic parishes and one Anglican parish . in my village we don't have any Anglican family.
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by delawal: 11:52am On Jan 03, 2020
Ndibunna:

No I disagree.

It is simply 50:50.

I don't fall to propaganda. If Catholic is 80% why running around to pick an Anglican as deputy since they have the whole voting block to win.

Obi and Obiano simply won on APGA terms as Igbo party not as Catholic.

But if they want it to be Catholic versus Anglican.

I trust my Diocese everybody will now take the campaign right to the church and altar.

No more Sunday service but political campaign as usual.
how many parishes does Anglicans have in Onitsha. how many people attend each services on Sunday, let me tell u, d population DT attends a particular mass in a catholic parish exceeds d while number of people DT attends all d services in a Sunday in any Anglican church. u can't compare both in population
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by delawal: 11:53am On Jan 03, 2020
chy101:

There's no statistics supporting that figure, but all I know is the Catholics are more. But if you say that Catholic is 80%, remember that anywhere Catholic has presence, you must see Anglican there too.

60-40 is the most ideal figure
its not true. in my street alone in Onitsha we have 3 catholic parishes with no Anglican parish
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by delawal: 11:54am On Jan 03, 2020
PaChukwudi44:

you know more than me? are you kidding me? Do I look like someone from Osun state? Some towns in Anambra including mine are almost 100% catholic.Please quit been stupid.Its too early in 2020
very very true
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by delawal: 11:57am On Jan 03, 2020
OneNigerianist:
only a fool will think politics is a simple. Generally Anglicanism is inherently liberal and all embracing and progressive while catholicism is relatively more divisive and conservative. It follows that an Anglican can be a fanatic and yet more acceptable to his community than a catholic who is a fanatic.

let me give you an example, if you called a fanatical Anglican to lead a prayer in a Christian gathering, he'll likely start with singing a lot of hymns and making bible quotations before prayer all of which the people will have no reason to reject but a fanatical catholic will likely start with "hail mary" or any such prayer that will be greeted with resentment. it follows that Anglicanism with its liberal and progressive values plays more role in driving development than Catholicism which encourages dogma and discourages "openness". This is why developed western countries are founded on liberal/protestant and progressive values. This is also why Latin america with strong Catholic influence is still struggling to catch up despite being peopled with same Caucasians. were the US to be colonized by the Portuguese or Spain, she wouldn't be different from mexico.
Checkout anywhere you have the two denominations in substantial number there are more influential people who are Anglicans-at-heart than there are Catholics, even in the US.
This is also true in Anambra. find out those who put Chinweoke mbadinuju, find the person who put Ngige or obi's second tenure, you'll know the Catholic dominance is a ruse. those godfathers and politicians don't have religions in mind except obi who Changed apga to a religious party. most developed Anambra towns are dominated by anglicans.
before it was Anglicans and pentecostal who rule d state. and d catholics never cared. now almost all d popular and knowledgeable candidates are catholics probably BC catholics are more in population.
the problem with Anglicans is DT they re too politica and sentimental. let me tell u ,I don't think it will ever be easy for an Anglican to ever rule anambra again considering d people who are qualified in each senatorial districts
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by delawal: 11:58am On Jan 03, 2020
Ndibunna:
Though the Bishop speaking is not an ordained one but he is right.

Well, we know Obiano won't be fielding a Roman catholic as his successor unless he has full arsenal to embark on such.

But if he tries that, I will only advise APC to field an Anglican candidate and leave the rest for the church, the priest, the Bishops and the Archbishops.

No need going to campaign ground. Na church the campaign go finish.
how many church will u do d campaign in. seems u re from Oshogbo local government
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 12:03pm On Jan 03, 2020
delawal:

how many parishes does Anglicans have in Onitsha. how many people attend each services on Sunday, let me tell u, d population DT attends a particular mass in a catholic parish exceeds d while number of people DT attends all d services in a Sunday in any Anglican church. u can't compare both in population

By even mentioning how many parishes do Anglican have in onitsha killed your argument immediately....

Anyway you are one of those that goes about creating MONIKERS with Yoruba names.

Very shameful.

God have mercy on you.
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 12:05pm On Jan 03, 2020
delawal:

how many church will u do d campaign in. seems u re from Oshogbo local government

Sorry for you.

I don't involve in children's play with Impersonating Monikers.
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 12:08pm On Jan 03, 2020
delawal:

before it was Anglicans and pentecostal who rule d state. and d catholics never cared. now almost all d popular and knowledgeable candidates are catholics probably BC catholics are more in population.
the problem with Anglicans is DT they re too politica and sentimental. let me tell u ,I don't think it will ever be easy for an Anglican to ever rule anambra again considering d people who are qualified in each senatorial districts

Those who are qualified should advise Catholics to vote for them so that they will win. Let's know how they will pull so magic.

I am happy the way the news will spread and de-market Peter Obi and Catholics further.

Such will kill his future ambition further.
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 12:10pm On Jan 03, 2020
delawal:

in d anambra I come from BC am not sure u re from anambra. catholics are up to 80%. in my hometown in njikoka LGA, we have 5 catholic parishes and one Anglican parish . in my village we don't have any Anglican family.

2020 and many entered it with lies.

Last time I checked these are towns in njikoka lga Abagana, Enugwu-Agidi, Enugwu-ukwu, Nawfia, Etitie Nimo, Abba town, and Umuriam-Nawfia and there exist one church in your community
I hate pathological liars.

Meanwhile create a Moniker not one use in trolling or spamming another ethnic group.
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by delawal: 12:41pm On Jan 03, 2020
Ndibunna:

2020 and many entered it with lies.

Last time I checked these are towns in njikoka lga Abagana, Enugwu-Agidi, Enugwu-ukwu, Nawfia, Etitie Nimo, Abba town, and Umuriam-Nawfia and there exist one church in your community
I hate pathological liars.

Meanwhile create a Moniker not one use in trolling or spamming another ethnic group.
I said it u re from oshogbo. where did u get d names of towns in njiokoka like etiti Nimo and umuriam nawfia. its Nimo and nawfia
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by delawal: 12:43pm On Jan 03, 2020
Ndibunna:

Those who are qualified should advise Catholics to vote for them so that they will win. Let's know how they will pull so magic.

I am happy the way the news will spread and de-market Peter Obi and Catholics further.

Such will kill his future ambition further.
ur hatred for obi will make u get high bp while obi keeps waxing strong. am sure u re an Anglican. DTS part of una characteristics . hate hate hate
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by delawal: 1:13pm On Jan 03, 2020
Ndibunna:

By even mentioning how many parishes do Anglican have in onitsha killed your argument immediately....

Anyway you are one of those that goes about creating MONIKERS with Yoruba names.

Very shameful.

God have mercy on you.
OK. let's come down to facts and evidence. will mention d cath churches in Onitsha while u come up wit d Anglican churches.

1. basilica of holy trinity.
2. st Marys
3. st Joseph
4. Christ d king
5. our lady of Fatima.
6. st Jude
7. sacred heart.
8 st Michael
9. immaculate heart
10. ICC
11. st john d baptist
12. d one around Agofure park upper Iweka. can't remember d name.
13. and other few ones I can remember their names.

NB: these re d ones located only inside Onitsha north and south LGA. I didn't include d ones in Awada, nkpor, 33 etc.

oya give us d Anglican churches.
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 2:19pm On Jan 03, 2020
delawal:

ur hatred for obi will make u get high bp while obi keeps waxing strong. am sure u re an Anglican. DTS part of una characteristics . hate hate hate

Waxing stronger indeed as if those who supported him aren't anglicans that even made his first term a reality.

By the way are you guys not hypocrites if I may put it this way. The same thing and characteristics you accuse buhari of, appointing Muslims in all political positions is the same characteristics you exhibiting right in this thread.

Because you clearly said on no account should another denomination win any political post or appointment is the same thing you just exhibited.

Rightly put you guys aren't different from mohammed buhari pattern of governance.
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 2:23pm On Jan 03, 2020
delawal:

I said it u re from oshogbo. where did u get d names of towns in njiokoka like etiti Nimo and umuriam nawfia. its Nimo and nawfia

Oga you no different from buhari you run around the whole thread castigating.

Obi and obiano didn't win on catholic agenda but clearly on APGA terms of nke a bu nke anyi and the interest. Though it seems Obi has now turned APGA to catholic party same way he will bury pdp with catholicism if the others didn't control him.

Many pioneers of APGA who won election in APGA left because of such nonsense and still retained their. Seat in the parties they defected.

So you clearly stating that Peter Obi is a catholic championist and Obiano is following his footstep.
Ndo.
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by delawal: 2:24pm On Jan 03, 2020
Ndibunna:

Waxing stronger indeed as if those who supported him aren't anglicans that even made his first term a reality.

By the way are you guys not hypocrites if I may put it this way. The same thing and characteristics you accuse buhari of, appointing Muslims in all political positions is the same characteristics you exhibiting right in this thread.

Because you clearly said on no account should another denomination win any political post or appointment is the same thing you just exhibited.

Rightly put you guys aren't different from mohammed buhari pattern of governance.
no be una be d first to dey hold meeting so DT anambra next governor will come from ur church. is DT not d subject matter of this thread. they have zoned it to anambra south, una no go go FINA competent hand in DT region from ur church and present. when competent catholics come up now and win una go start crying marginalization
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by delawal: 2:31pm On Jan 03, 2020
Ndibunna:

Oga you no different from buhari you run around the whole thread castigating.

Obi and obiano didn't win on catholic agenda but clearly on APGA terms of nke a bu nke anyi and the interest. Though it seems Obi has now turned APGA to catholic party same way he will bury pdp with catholicism if the others didn't control him.

Many pioneers of APGA who won election in APGA left because of such nonsense and still retained their. Seat in the parties they defected.

So you clearly stating that Peter Obi is a catholic championist and Obiano is following his footstep.
Ndo.
what re u saying. most eligible candidates in anambra elections at most levels are catholics. they re voted for BC they are capable not BC they re catholics. why are d Anglicans starting to play religious politics now, d 3 senators in anambra are all catholics. even most of d runners up in those elections are still catholics
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 2:33pm On Jan 03, 2020
delawal:

no be una be d first to dey hold meeting so DT anambra next governor will come from ur church. is DT not d subject matter of this thread. they have zoned it to anambra south, una no go go FINA competent hand in DT region from ur church and present. when competent catholics come up now and win una go start crying marginalization

Sometimes people talk rubbish if not for. Chris Uba and Emeka offor will Peter Obi ever dream of becoming Governor of Anambra state.

Those are. Anglicans who. Supported and enthroned him but Immediately he entered he feel maybe he is intimidated and started championing his catholicism course.

Same nonsense Obiano did and Chris Azubuogu left apga for him and still won his house of reps seat.

Maybe you think those ones would have made it if not for others strong support.
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 2:37pm On Jan 03, 2020
delawal:

what re u saying. most eligible candidates in anambra elections at most levels are catholics. they re voted for BC they are capable not BC they re catholics. why are d Anglicans starting to play religious politics now, d 3 senators in anambra are all catholics. even most of d runners up in those elections are still catholics

The senators are all catholics. Nobody considered that in first Instance.

Firstly for Ifeanyi Ubah it was because of obiano not keeping agreement that he left. Mind you Ifeanyi visited the entire catholic and Anglicans churches and made clear reason of what transpired.

Maybe Andy Ubah who stayed in senate for 8 years Chris Ubah who also was a senator, Nicholas ukachukwu.. are all catholics abi?

Which eligibility are you talking about?
It seems you love propaganda.
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by OMANBALA1: 5:02pm On Jan 03, 2020
I can count 5 Catholic church in Umuoji and I don't even remember where an Anglican church is located. Cc. Ndibunna, una go lose if you go that route. Don't bring senseless religious conflict into Anambra sane political atmosphere
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 5:19pm On Jan 03, 2020
OMANBALA1:
I can count 5 Catholic church in Umuoji and I don't even remember where an Anglican church is located. Cc. Ndibunna, una go lose if you go that route. Don't bring senseless religious conflict into Anambra sane political atmosphere

No-one has loosed before and u here claiming una go lose.

Don't make mouth because those who put Obi there were majorly anglicans.

Don't over massage your ego.

Because it will dwindle una political misfortune.
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by OMANBALA1: 6:26pm On Jan 03, 2020
Ndibunna:

No-one has loosed before and u here claiming una go lose.

Don't make mouth because those who put Obi there were majorly anglicans.

Don't over massage your ego.

Because it will dwindle una political misfortune.

Anglican has no weight in Anambra...Emeka Offor and Eselu family have been rendered powerless. This is Anambra we are talking about. You can't play godfather in my own Anambra...Anambra is too mighty for that nonsense.
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 6:39pm On Jan 03, 2020
OMANBALA1:

Anglican has no weight in Anambra...Emeka Offor and Eselu family have been rendered powerless. This is Anambra we are talking about. You can't play godfather in my own Anambra...Anambra is too mighty for that nonsense.

I am done with these because even obi said who brought him to limelight.

So I don't argue facts that are glare. That's how APGA fortune dwindled because of catholicism politics.

Catholic weight is a ruse and propaganda to deceive the public.

They are only trying to create such dominance in their minds.
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by AstroG: 6:43pm On Jan 03, 2020
Ndibunna:

I am done with these because even obi said who brought him to limelight.

So I don't argue facts that are glare. That's how APGA fortune dwindled because of catholicism politics.

Catholic weight is a ruse and propaganda to deceive the public.

They are only trying to create such dominance in their minds.

Guy,your just attacking everybody without any Valid points undecided undecided

Ah asked two questions and your yet to answer them,which means ur delusional
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 6:45pm On Jan 03, 2020
AstroG:

Guy,your just attacking everybody without any Valid points undecided undecided

Ah asked two questions and your yet to answer them,which means ur delusional

Stop propaganda.

That's all.

If you have all it takes field the cath-cath candidate and let others have peace.
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by AstroG: 6:48pm On Jan 03, 2020
Ndibunna:

Stop propaganda.

That's all.

If you have all it takes field the cath-cath candidate and let others have peace.

When the Emeka offors and the Ubah brothers wea at the helm of power,the catholic church no disturb Una ooh.

Now wea E reach Catholic Church time,Una don begin dy nag about.

E GO PEPPER ALL OF UNA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Terrorism: The World Has Changed, Moslems Need To Abandon Jihad Now- Seun Osewa / DEJI Adeyanju Exposed Himself as gun runner On Twitter / Something is Not Right With Apc presidential Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.