Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor (3337 Views)

I’m Working With Other Elder Statesmen To Enthrone New Nigeria – Obasanjo / Fayose To Dino: ‘Political Hushpuppi’ Who Teamed Up To Enthrone Calamity In 2015 / Governor Obiano, Catholic Church Want To Take Our Land - Anglicans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 8:27pm On Jan 02, 2020
chy101:

Odenigbo it will be safe to say it is 60-40.

No I disagree.

It is simply 50:50.

I don't fall to propaganda. If Catholic is 80% why running around to pick an Anglican as deputy since they have the whole voting block to win.

Obi and Obiano simply won on APGA terms as Igbo party not as Catholic.

But if they want it to be Catholic versus Anglican.

I trust my Diocese everybody will now take the campaign right to the church and altar.

No more Sunday service but political campaign as usual.

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by OMANBALA1: 8:28pm On Jan 02, 2020
chy101:

No , it's not. For instance, Umuoji is 95% Catholic same with Oba, Ogidi, Ojoto and all Idenmili town including Obosi and Nkpor....And , we all know for you to win Anambra you must win Idenmili North
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by OMANBALA1: 8:29pm On Jan 02, 2020
LegendHer0:

Lol, so the Anglican and Catholic issue is real like this?

So both divide are fighting on who to assume the mantle of leadership?

Don't continue to dine with hatred this year.
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by OMANBALA1: 8:31pm On Jan 02, 2020
Ndibunna:

No I disagree.

I don't fall to propaganda. If Catholic is 80% why running around to pick an Anglican as deputy since they have the whole voting block to win.

I trust my Diocese everybody will now take the campaign right to the church and altar.

Its not a matter of trying to,source for Anglican running mate but just that its not an issue. It was the meagre Anglican population that is fanning this sentiment.
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by LegendHer0: 8:33pm On Jan 02, 2020
OMANBALA1:

Don't continue to dine with hatred this year.

Okay got you
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by chy101: 8:34pm On Jan 02, 2020
You are in order. Though Anglican was the first to arrive Onitsha before spreading to other parts of southeast, but Catholic came and spread faster and dominated most places.

So it will be safe to say that Catholic is 60, while Anglican is 40.

Ndibunna:

No I disagree.

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by chy101: 8:36pm On Jan 02, 2020
OMANBALA1:

No , it's not. For instance, Umuoji is 95% Catholic same with Oba, Ogidi, Ojoto and all Idenmili town including Obosi and Nkpor....And , we all know for you to win Anambra you must win Idenmili North

There's no statistics supporting that figure, but all I know is the Catholics are more. But if you say that Catholic is 80%, remember that anywhere Catholic has presence, you must see Anglican there too.

60-40 is the most ideal figure
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 8:37pm On Jan 02, 2020
OMANBALA1:

Why not 101%.

95% is too small for Idenmili north....

Maybe you think you talking to small children that doesn't know about voting block.

I don't like selling propaganda but will not allow one slide by.
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Kingspin(m): 8:37pm On Jan 02, 2020
This one tire me..

Be leaders must be fair to all not some
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Stanweezy(m): 8:38pm On Jan 02, 2020
Ndibunna:

You went to Catholic seminary school or should I say Catholic controlled school and automatically everybody in anambra state is now Catholic.

What is the Nne father gibberish and voting blocks of Catholic because if such battle is fought Catholic won't win it

Peter Obi started that politics of Catholic because clearly before he assumed power nobody has that mindset. It is always who rules and nobody cares where you from before Obi introduced such Catholic tendencies to an equal population.

Brag of Nne father meaning what? Such language is only inherent to Romans afterall others don't use and if you draw such rubbish conclusion my own uncle retired as an Archdeacon and one currently a Canon. So don't bring up so rubbish.

If you argue further that is to formally prove this un-ordained bishop right.

Maybe Obiano will formally bury apga if he fields another Catholic candidate.

I will urge APC to field Anglican candidate and let everyone take their campaign to the church and see who wins.

Afterall vote won't count but propaganda will.

I don't have your time Mr. Man and stop quoting me upanda
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Osaze007: 8:42pm On Jan 02, 2020
LegendHer0:

Lol, so the Anglican and Catholic issue is real like this?

So both divide are fighting on who to assume the mantle of leadership?

99% of the tribe is practicing Christainity and human eating and they still divide themselves
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 8:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
chy101:
You are in order. Though Anglican was the first to arrive Onitsha before spreading to other parts of southeast, but Catholic came and spread faster and dominated most places.

So it will be safe to say that Catholic is 60, while Anglican is 40.

That was same way someone said last time that my town was fully Catholic but was busted here and he ran away. Even all traditional rulers from my side A-Z are Anglicans and can be see in most part of Anambra state.

I don't encourage propaganda or lies but I won't allow one slide.

Roman Catholic do have mass for instance 2 or 3 times while Anglican simply conduct 2 services: English and Igbo all with their population.

So you don't use because some holds mass 3 times or so automatically their population is high . What's the number in each mass service as compared to single service conducted by other in English or Igbo.

These are two distinctive issues to sort out. If they have the number then let them field Catholic candidate entirely and stop disturbing the peace of others during their normal service.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 8:48pm On Jan 02, 2020
OMANBALA1:

Its not a matter of trying to,source for Anglican running mate but just that its not an issue. It was the meagre Anglican population that is fanning this sentiment.

Maybe because the propaganda by meagre Catholics couldn't sell. When your propaganda doesn't sell you try to boast your number by lies.

Who propounds and listens to such lie these days.

But it is still good Obiano is raising the dichotomy to the bar because even knows well if he has carried his re-election on Catholic mandate he will lose flat.
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 8:50pm On Jan 02, 2020
Stanweezy:

I don't have your time Mr. Man and stop quoting me upanda

That's how you will go to one radio station and declare everyone Catholic because of propaganda.

Maybe those that went to Anglican seminary will come and tell their story how everybody was Anglican.

Nonsense.
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by OMANBALA1: 8:50pm On Jan 02, 2020
Osaze007:

99% of the tribe is practicing Christainity and human eating and they still divide themselves

You can be banned for this because it's false... and why are you always bitter ?
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 8:58pm On Jan 02, 2020
chy101:

There's no statistics supporting that figure, but all I know is the Catholics are more. But if you say that Catholic is 80%, remember that anywhere Catholic has presence, you must see Anglican there too.

60-40 is the most ideal figure

Someone with that 95% doesn't need anybody to win election let like Kano doesn't need anybody to return 1.9 million vote (both dead , buried and resurrected) for Buhari...grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Kapeter(m): 9:01pm On Jan 02, 2020
Rekhina:
So no more voting base on rotation from anambra south _ north to central ?

A Moslem should rule then grin
gandollar, won't you deny this efulefu laidis?
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Kapeter(m): 9:05pm On Jan 02, 2020
grin smh. This is even a fight between christians. Catholic vs protestant. Yet they'll come here and tell us how Yoruba are divided between islam and christianity. Despite the difference in religion, we are so united that we eat both ileya and xmas food together without sentiments.

But look at them, same religion. Catholic holding them to ransome. grin

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Area4Area: 9:20pm On Jan 02, 2020
chy101:

I think the person you quoted was right and going by simple observation, the Catholics are close or even more than that, I'm Anglican anyway and I really don't believe all this denomination shish, makes no sense.

Virtually all radio stations all over the state will pray "Hail Mary" by 12, 3 and 6pm everyday, most of these stations are not Catholic owned but secular. Since the majority wants it, you definitely have no option than to broadcast it.

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by OneNigerianist: 9:23pm On Jan 02, 2020
only a fool will think politics is a simple. Generally Anglicanism is inherently liberal and all embracing and progressive while catholicism is relatively more divisive and conservative. It follows that an Anglican can be a fanatic and yet more acceptable to his community than a catholic who is a fanatic.

let me give you an example, if you called a fanatical Anglican to lead a prayer in a Christian gathering, he'll likely start with singing a lot of hymns and making bible quotations before prayer all of which the people will have no reason to reject but a fanatical catholic will likely start with "hail mary" or any such prayer that will be greeted with resentment. it follows that Anglicanism with its liberal and progressive values plays more role in driving development than Catholicism which encourages dogma and discourages "openness". This is why developed western countries are founded on liberal/protestant and progressive values. This is also why Latin america with strong Catholic influence is still struggling to catch up despite being peopled with same Caucasians. were the US to be colonized by the Portuguese or Spain, she wouldn't be different from mexico.
Checkout anywhere you have the two denominations in substantial number there are more influential people who are Anglicans-at-heart than there are Catholics, even in the US.
This is also true in Anambra. find out those who put Chinweoke mbadinuju, find the person who put Ngige or obi's second tenure, you'll know the Catholic dominance is a ruse. those godfathers and politicians don't have religions in mind except obi who Changed apga to a religious party. most developed Anambra towns are dominated by anglicans.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Osaze007: 9:25pm On Jan 02, 2020
Kapeter:
grin smh. This is even a fight between christians. Catholic vs protestant. Yet they'll come here and tell us how Yoruba are divided between islam and christianity. Despite the difference in religion, we are so united that we eat both ileya and xmas food together without sentiments.

But look at them, same religion. Catholic holding them to ransome. grin

Did I not say Iboz are primitive
No difference between them and Hausa

Hausa is Sunni vs Shia
Igbo is Catholic vs Anglican / Pentecostal

The Catholics have subjugated the entire igbo population and are loyal to the pope in Vatican

While Yoruba Muslims have a leader in Ibadan and Christains have Pentecostal base

The Iboz are loyal to a white man how Hausas are loyal to the arabs

What a shame

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Kapeter(m): 9:29pm On Jan 02, 2020
Osaze007:

Did I not say Iboz are primitive
No difference between them and Hausa

Hausa is Sunni vs Shia
Igbo is Catholic vs Anglican / Pentecostal

The Catholics have subjugated the entire igbo population and are loyal to the pope in Vatican

While Yoruba Muslims have a leader in Ibadan and Christains have Pentecostal base

The Iboz are loyal to a white man how Hausas are loyal to the arabs

What a shame
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin chocho54 come and see something.
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by ChoCho54(f): 10:07pm On Jan 02, 2020
Kapeter:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin chocho54 come and see something.
Oga Peteru, I'm sure by now you know who's talking to you.

In the other thread, you appealed to SW govs to pls look in housing for your people.

So I asked you a simple question whether you were tired of brown roof.

Rather a simple yes or no, you have been running upandan like a headless chicken.

Answer my question or stop trolling.
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by AstroG: 10:14pm On Jan 02, 2020
Ndibunna:

So because your family has two priest others doesn't have Rev and the rest.

Sense is not easy and common.

Which Anglican or Protestants Owned School is Bigger than CKC undecided undecided??
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by tricksters: 10:17pm On Jan 02, 2020
You can see how foolish your people became practicing the bigotry of the devilish PDP. I weep for your soul n that of your unborn.

Rekhina:
So no more voting base on rotation from anambra south _ north to central ?

A Moslem should rule then grin
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Kapeter(m): 10:20pm On Jan 02, 2020
ChoCho54:
Oga Peteru, I'm sure by now you know who's talking to you.

In the other thread, you appealed to SW govs to pls look in housing for your people.

So I asked you a simple question whether you were tired of brown roof.

Rather a simple yes or no, you have been running upandan like a headless chicken.

Answer my question or stop trolling.
this one doesn't concern you?
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by AstroG: 10:21pm On Jan 02, 2020
Can you Compare Catholic Archdiocese of Onitsha and Anglican Diocese of Onitsha??
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Osaze007: 10:35pm On Jan 02, 2020
AtikuNetwork:
The fight will be brutal. Though I think there are more catholics in Anambra, the rivalry between Anglicans and Catholics in the state is fierce. They (the Catholics and Anglicans) don't even marry one another from what I heard.

Loooool
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by UnimkeAk(m): 11:00pm On Jan 02, 2020
Ndibunna:
Though the Bishop speaking is not an ordained one but he is right.

Well, we know Obiano won't be fielding a Roman catholic as his successor unless he has full arsenal to embark on such.

But if he tries that, I will only advise APC to field an Anglican candidate and leave the rest for the church, the priest, the Bishops and the Archbishops.

No need going to campaign ground. Na church the campaign go finish.
Igbo people, una too get problem...
Anglican, Catholic or Pentecostal, are they not all Christians?

Imagine the level of pettiness....
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Rekhina(f): 7:00am On Jan 03, 2020
tricksters:
You can see how foolish your people became practicing the bigotry of the devilish PDP. I weep for your soul n that of your unborn.

But Apc is 100times worse cheesy
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Rekhina(f): 7:03am On Jan 03, 2020
Kapeter:
gandollar, won't you deny this efulefu laidis?
She definitely don't know me wella , look at my blur photo cool
Re: Anambra 2021: Anglicans, Pentecostals Team Up To Enthrone Obiano’s Successor by Ndibunna: 7:05am On Jan 03, 2020
AstroG:

Which Anglican or Protestants Owned School is Bigger than CKC undecided undecided??
Ask those in onitsha not someone outside question.
Ojugo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ganduje Unite With Sanusi As Osinbajo Commission Projects In Kano (Photo/Video) / The Aboh Are The Most Powerful People In The Middle And Lower Niger / Prof Yakubu & Bola Tinubu Messed With The Wrong Guy: See Reason (s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.