Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market (13736 Views)

Gowon Estate Lagos Market Fire Destroys Properties Worth Millions (Photos) / Onitsha:Traders Count Losses As Fire Destroys Goods Worth N50m / Fire Destroys 50 Shops In Watt Market, Calabar (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by Osaze007: 10:13pm On Jan 03, 2020
Goods and property worth millions of naira were destroyed by fire at the timber section of the Industrial Market, Umuahia, Abia State, on New Year’s Day.

However, the timely intervention of the men of the state fire service extinguished inferno saved what could have been a catastrophe in the market.

One of the firefighters, Mr John Ogbonna, said they responded immediately on getting information about the inferno, whose cause he said had yet to be ascertained.

The Chairman of the Industrial Market, Mr Ndubuisi Nworgu, described the incident as unfortunate, adding that machines for cutting wood worth over N10m were consumed by the inferno, and appealed to the state government for assistance for the victims.

Efforts to get the Commissioner for Information, John Kalu, proved abortive.
https://punchng.com/fire-destroys-umuahia-industrial-market/amp/

Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by leofab(f): 2:09am On Jan 04, 2020
Is it an American drone strike

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by Kingspin(m): 2:34am On Jan 04, 2020
Osaze007:
One would have thought after the first fiasco they would have gotten their acts together

Today another market has gone up in flames
They spend their time attacking everyone else while their territory blows up

No single fire service in all of Igbo land that’s the size of Oyo state

https://punchng.com/fire-destroys-umuahia-industrial-market/amp/

Curse be upon any leader that brought tribalism in Nigeria.

13 Likes

Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by Osaze007: 3:15am On Jan 04, 2020
Yeye
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by Ayoswit(f): 7:04am On Jan 04, 2020
Its the harmattan season, and the fire service should be alert for incidents like this but trust naija, nothing ever works angry

3 Likes

Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by Cryomancer: 7:05am On Jan 04, 2020
Davido and Daddy Showkey should be arrested for singing about fire.... We know they are the cause and they must be brought to justice.

We all should ensure to be very careful and observant with our properties..... This period of the year is always a very delicate period when it comes to fire issues because of the harmattan...

May God keep protecting us all... Amen.
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by Astark: 7:05am On Jan 04, 2020
Global warming is real
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by tunjijones(m): 7:05am On Jan 04, 2020
Na fire season we dey o.

What a way to start the new year.
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by dukeprince50: 7:06am On Jan 04, 2020
Doctors protest, lecturers protest, youths protest, workers protest, markets now protesting.
By this time next week, Nigerians may not have any market again.
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by uncleck: 7:06am On Jan 04, 2020
Who else is surprise that Abia, of all States, had a fire service that could contain inferno? There's hope after all .

1 Like

Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by philip0906(m): 7:06am On Jan 04, 2020
Which market come remain like this?

2 Likes

Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by Echo50(m): 7:06am On Jan 04, 2020
Chai.....what about our indi-eche goods?
let Gods grace rest on us o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by pennywys(m): 7:07am On Jan 04, 2020
Nawaooooo
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by Tonymegabush1(m): 7:07am On Jan 04, 2020
Chai 2day alone i have read 3 different incidence of fire outbreak on 3 different state ... What exactly is happening some of them might still be in their village celebrating yuletide not knowing that "oku na agba n' ozalla" as a nation we need to be proactive and not the other way round don't wait for something to happen before you do something....

NB.. Pls this should be the last fire incidence am tired of seeing such things are hard already make person means of livelihood dnt be consume by fire...
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by sylve11: 7:08am On Jan 04, 2020
To those who lost their properties during the fire outbreak, i want to say i'm sorry. I pray the state government responds to your plight.This harmattan period, we should be more careful sad cool

1 Like

Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by itsme01: 7:09am On Jan 04, 2020
with the wicked harmattan we should prepare our firefighters for a busy months
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by Dulcinea(f): 7:10am On Jan 04, 2020
Nawa oh shocked

All these fire outbreaks in January, I'm not understanding o

1 Like

Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by dukeprince50: 7:11am On Jan 04, 2020
Dulcinea:
Nawa oh shocked

All these fire outbreaks in January, I'm not understanding o
brace ur self, by February, we may not have market again
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by mjabdulk: 7:11am On Jan 04, 2020
Allah ya kiyaye nan gaba. May the Almighty Allah protect them from it in future.
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by Princedapace(m): 7:11am On Jan 04, 2020
Kingspin:

Curse be upon any leader that brought tribalism in Nigeria.

Aswear, it is horrible. It is a black man thing. Black men hate one another. Whites noticed this long time ago and used it to defeat black race till date. The average black man is extremely wicked against his fellow black.

The guy talking this trash forgot that Nigeria is ruined from east to west to south to north.

Yesterday, there was a story about a woman in Kaduna who was bitten by snake and she died. She died becus there was no good health care in Kaduna. The brother lamented about the bad road that made it difficult for them to get to hospital and how no hospital, even the big ones could attend to them. They all claimed there was no drug. The sister died.

Now, tell me, is that south east? Northerners and westerners have been ruling this country and have nothing to show for it since over 50 years. I dont know why these rats like blaming igbos.

Nigeria runs a unitary federalism and not fiscal federalism. The states are perfect reflection of the entire federation. Only smart people will understand this.

8 Likes

Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by lyriclekidd(m): 7:12am On Jan 04, 2020
Nawa oh
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 04, 2020
This 2020 again.
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by DWJOBScom(m): 7:16am On Jan 04, 2020
It’s the harmattan
Everyone should be careful
Everywhere is dry and sparks can become huge flames.
Put off all electrical appliances when not at work
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by CzarChris(m): 7:16am On Jan 04, 2020
Hold up.

In the last two months, different markets all over the east and other parts of the country are being razed to the ground by fire.

What is going on? Is there a group of people somewhere going around lighting fire on people's properties? To what end?

Not that I'm a conspiracy theorist, but this is no longer a coincidence.

2 Likes

Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by Randy100: 7:16am On Jan 04, 2020
Fire everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by lightheart(m): 7:17am On Jan 04, 2020
Sad.
Let's all be careful this period please.
My heart goes out to the victims
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by leofab(f): 7:20am On Jan 04, 2020
Useless country ; building a market with no fire control unit..
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by vanjos: 7:20am On Jan 04, 2020
I don't trust Nigerian politicians, they could be the culprits of these fire outbreaks of late.
Their wars aren't pure at all.
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by techie(m): 7:31am On Jan 04, 2020
Ayoswit:
Its the harmattan season, and the fire service should be alert for incidents like this but trust naija, nothing ever works angry

The occupants of the market should stop burning saw dust especially in the dry volatile season

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 04, 2020
Fire service cannot get to the fire as fast as 400 of 10kg fire extinguishers would... fire extinguishers should be mandatory for shop rentals and provided by shop owners aswell supervised by the LGA.
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by blowjohn(m): 7:32am On Jan 04, 2020
Am waiting for anti trump haters to come preach about climate change, thatvits the cause of the fire
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by bigfrancis21: 7:33am On Jan 04, 2020
CzarChris:
Hold up.

In the last two months, different markets all over the east and other parts of the country are being razed to the ground by fire.

What is going on? Is there a group of people somewhere going around lighting fire on people's properties? To what end?

Not that I'm a conspiracy theorist, but this is no longer a coincidence.

I second this. It is becoming more than a coincidence.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Suggest A Business That Can Generate #3000/day / Nigeria Central Bank Clears 14 Banks' FX Backlog, Turns To Airlines / Bulk Buyers Connect Unveils Brand Ambassadors In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.