Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market (13733 Views)

Gowon Estate Lagos Market Fire Destroys Properties Worth Millions (Photos) / Onitsha:Traders Count Losses As Fire Destroys Goods Worth N50m / Fire Destroys 50 Shops In Watt Market, Calabar (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by jamesversion: 7:38am On Jan 04, 2020
na wah, fire seemingly burning every market. ndi ogwu ego!
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by Lachynos2k2(m): 7:42am On Jan 04, 2020
That fire incident was totally avoidable but thanks to the non chalant attitude on the part of the timber dealers. I was there sometime in November and I told my friend that I visited there that there was going to be a fire outbreak here soon if drastic action wasn't taken. I saw heaps( I mean up to 2 storey building high ) of saw dusts packed very very close to saw mill buildings and shelters. Funny thing was that some part of the dust heaps were already burning.. and they all turned blind eyes..
Sorry for their losses though.
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by Farki: 7:54am On Jan 04, 2020
Princedapace:

Aswear, it is horrible. It is a black man thing. Black men hate one another. Whites noticed this long time ago and used it to defeat black race till date. The average black man is extremely wicked against his fellow black.

The guy talking this trash forgot that Nigeria is ruined from east to west to south to north.

Yesterday, there was a story about a woman in Kaduna who was bitten by snake and she died. She died becus there was no good health care in Kaduna. The brother lamented about the bad road that made it difficult for them to get to hospital and how no hospital, even the big ones could attend to them. They all claimed there was no drug. The sister died.

Now, tell me, is that south east? Northerners and westerners have been ruling this country and have nothing to show for it since over 50 years. I dont know why these rats like blaming igbos.

Nigeria runs a unitary federalism and not fiscal federalism. The states are perfect reflection of the entire federation. Only smart people will understand this.

You complain about tribalism yet call northerners and westerners rats. You sir are part of the problem.

1 Like

Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by Dulcinea(f): 8:03am On Jan 04, 2020
dukeprince50:
brace ur self, by February, we may not have market again

lol God for bid, we will. The outbreaks can be managed and prevented if the state governments will equip their various fire service departments and keep them at alert.

People should also be careful when dealing with fire and electricity.
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by Princedapace(m): 8:16am On Jan 04, 2020
Farki:

You complain about tribalism yet call northerners and westerners rats. You sir are part of the problem.

I called the ones who always go about calling out easterners instead of calling out the failed Nigerian system and leaders..

The system is the issue. Igbos have never ruled Nigeria. Nigeria has been ruled by yorubas and nrotherners. They should be blamed and not calling out igbos for no reason.

And Nigeria runs a unitary federalism and not true federalism. So States are basically influenced by FG govt.
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by Edu3Again: 8:26am On Jan 04, 2020
Fire again

Buhari dem wan finish Nija
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by Farki: 12:07pm On Jan 04, 2020
Princedapace:

I called the ones who always go about calling out easterners instead of calling out the failed Nigerian system and leaders..

The system is the issue. Igbos have never ruled Nigeria. Nigeria has been ruled by yorubas and nrotherners. They should be blamed and not calling out igbos for no reason.

And Nigeria runs a unitary federalism and not true federalism. So States are basically influenced by FG govt.

You have graduated from tribalism to lying. Nigerians criticise the government almost every second but when an igbo person is under scrutiny you start screaming marginalisation. So Nnamdi Azikiwe and Aguiyi-Ironsi were from where? So when democracy was first subverted by a coup who was responsible? I so hate when Nairaland igbos act as if their ethnic group did not contribute to Nigeria's current wahala.
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by Princedapace(m): 12:23pm On Jan 04, 2020
Farki:

You have graduated from tribalism to lying. Nigerians criticise the government almost every second but when an igbo person is under scrutiny you start screaming marginalisation. So Nnamdi Azikiwe and Aguiyi-Ironsi were from where? So when democracy was first subverted by a coup who was responsible? I so hate when Nairaland igbos act as if their ethnic group did not contribute to Nigeria's current wahala.

we dont act like we didnt contribute. Go and read my first comment, maybe u will understand better. I dont have strength for this drama.
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by Farki: 1:10pm On Jan 04, 2020
Princedapace:

we dont act like we didnt contribute. Go and read my first comment, maybe u will understand better. I dont have strength for this drama.

You started mentioning Kaduna in a thread about Abia then lied that Igbos never ruled Nigeria then started ranting about other tribes. Are the other tribes responsible for starting the fire? If you didn't want drama then you shouldn't have come here telling lies and spreading tribalism. Typical for you to run when you have been exposed.
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by Princedapace(m): 2:51pm On Jan 04, 2020
Farki:

You started mentioning Kaduna in a thread about Abia then lied that Igbos never ruled Nigeria then started ranting about other tribes. Are the other tribes responsible for starting the fire? If you didn't want drama then you shouldn't have come here telling lies and spreading tribalism. Typical for you to run when you have been exposed.

Oga, go and check the comment I replied. Pls get off my mention. I don't have time for this. It doesn't pay my bill. Some of u derive so much joy here.

On the record, I stated that bad governance is not peculiar to east alone. Someone was making fun of South East in respect to the fire.

I made it clear that Nigeria generally has failed. That there was a thread about a snake that killed a woman. The brother of the woman lamented about bad road and poor health care with led to her death. I countered the guy who was making a mockery of South East that bad government is not peculiar to east but a Nigerian problem. The states are just perfect reflection of the entire federation. And that states are not completely free from the central govt. That Nigeria runs a unitary federalism and the condition of the central govt affects the states. So the entire post was to counter the guy.

In respect to ruling, wtf are u talking about? Has igbos ruled this country up to two years sef? ZIK was a ceremonial head. The igbo military leader is part of our current structural problems. Yes, but accusing someone who ruled for less than a year like we accuse the people who have been ruling for decades doesnt make sense.
I was trying to make it clear that South West and North have ruled this country and yet none of the regions is different from others in terms of condition of things. We see people fight over presidency for their region as if that has helped to make the region developed like others in the world.

My point was what we need is not to fight over presidency, we need to accept that the current system doesn't work.

U may still choose not to understand me. It is left for u. Not replying again.
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by Farki: 3:53pm On Jan 04, 2020
Princedapace:

Oga, go and check the comment I replied. Pls get off my mention. I don't have time for this. It doesn't pay my bill. Some of u derive so much joy here.

On the record, I stated that bad governance is not peculiar to east alone. Someone was making fun of South East in respect to the fire.

I made it clear that Nigeria generally has failed. That there was a thread about a snake that killed a woman. The brother of the woman lamented about bad road and poor health care with led to her death. I countered the guy who was making a mockery of South East that bad government is not peculiar to east but a Nigerian problem. The states are just perfect reflection of the entire federation. And that states are not completely free from the central govt. That Nigeria runs a unitary federalism and the condition of the central govt affects the states. So the entire post was to counter the guy.

In respect to ruling, wtf are u talking about? Has igbos ruled this country up to two years sef? ZIK was a ceremonial head. The igbo military leader is part of our current structural problems. Yes, but accusing someone who ruled for less than a year like we accuse the people who have been ruling for decades doesnt make sense.
I was trying to make it clear that South West and North have ruled this country and yet none of the regions is different from others in terms of condition of things. We see people fight over presidency for their region as if that has helped to make the region developed like others in the world.

My point was what we need is not to fight over presidency, we need to accept that the current system doesn't work.

U may still choose not to understand me. It is left for u. Not replying again.

We all know the country is bad but the truth is that people like you can't accept responsibility but will instead blame others for your own faults. If there is a fire in a Lagos market the blame should be on the Lagos state government and the people in the market for allowing the situation to exist.

Honestly I don't care about the previous comments I just called out the comment about calling other ethic groups rats but instead of stopping there you proceeded to lie with confidence that Igbos never ruled Nigeria so they can't be at fault. Now you are changing the story to 'oh it's less than 2 years so others are to blame'. Tell me who started the military rule that got us into this mess why not hand over and protect the democracy? When you were posting it I'm sure you felt very confident now you're not doing again. undecided.

If like don't respond, I just hope others reading this will not follow you in spreading divisive lies and misinformation.
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by Princedapace(m): 4:04pm On Jan 04, 2020
Farki:

We all know the country is bad but the truth is that people like you can't accept responsibility but will instead blame others for your own faults. If there is a fire in a Lagos market the blame should be on the Lagos state government and the people in the market for allowing the situation to exist.

Honestly I don't care about the previous comments I just called out the comment about calling other ethic groups rats but instead of stopping there you proceeded to lie with confidence that Igbos never ruled Nigeria so they can't be at fault. Now you are changing the story to 'oh it's less than 2 years so others are to blame'. Tell me who started the military rule that got us into this mess why not hand over and protect the democracy? When you were posting it I'm sure you felt very confident now you're not doing again. undecided.

If like don't respond, I just hope others reading this will not follow you in spreading divisive lies and misinformation.

u are really funny. if u dont care to read the previous comment, then forget it. u already have myopic view about the whole thing. every issue has a root. so, if u cant understand the initial comment, then forget it. i didnt call other ethnic groups 'rats'. i called those who bring tribalism into everything rats. so, oga, there is nothing i can say that will change ur view, so forget this talk. i even calmed down to explain everything to u yet u dont want to understand. i know ur type.

and what do u mean by people like u dont want to take responsibilities? u see why should never jump into issue without understanding the root cause? i tire for ur matter abeg. pls, leave me.

like i said, since u dont care about the comments that warranted my post, forget this talk.
Re: Fire Destroys Umuahia Industrial Market by phyya(f): 5:29pm On Jan 04, 2020
Okay let's say it's because of harmattan, why only markets?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Convert Airtime To Cash with ipayairtime / How To Start A Lucrative Phone Maintenance/repair Business In Nigeria / Bulk Buyers Connect Unveils Brand Ambassadors In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.