Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy (57912 Views)

Should I Arrest & Sue My Brother-in-law For This? I Need Advice / Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time / Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by LINTUNE(m): 11:30am On Jan 05, 2020
pocohantas:

Abia grin grin

Glad I took you home. Never knew you are Nigerian sef.
christ! So this feminist is from.my state angry
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by babyfaceafrica: 11:33am On Jan 05, 2020
All these questions are for poor men.. Will chioma parents ask Davido any of these questions?

1 Like

Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by Ernesthugo(m): 11:42am On Jan 05, 2020
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by lexy2014: 11:59am On Jan 05, 2020
darediamond:
The questions applies if you do not appear RICH.

Appear Rich and those questions would disappear forever!!

Most Nigerian girls are well baked depreciating Liabilities by there Parents!

Beyond that, d questions d OP talked about are questions which d couple are supposed to ask themselves while dating in order to get to no each other. So I don't see y it should be a big deal if d parents-in-law to be ask such questions
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by Liftedhands(f): 12:04pm On Jan 05, 2020
Pavore9:

"Not umu Remigius mere nka, ha me nka"....You are certainly from either Imo or Abia as you just took me back home......De Hyginus kwuru si..... cheesy
grin grin funny i have a dede Remijus, Hyginus, Romanus and Livinus. Imo and abia can like those names.
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by Churchill01(m): 12:09pm On Jan 05, 2020
ValCon888:
Nonsense and ingredient questions. Money changes situations. Just drop your Range Rover or Bentley key on the sitting room table and you'll be the one questioning her father.

In fact, he'll be giving you answers without you asking any question.

� � answers like my daughter is a good girl... just come with your ppl so you can take her.
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by hardbody: 12:32pm On Jan 05, 2020
Craig24:

Una own Igbo self be as e get.
Wetin be igbaliala?

No lie, onye isi-alangwa north

It means you have tried, a variant of inwago or igbaligo, or inwaka

All meaning you have tried or weldone
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by hardbody: 12:33pm On Jan 05, 2020
Liftedhands:
grin grin funny i have a dede Remijus, Hyginus, Romanus and Livinus. Imo and abia can like those names.

You are either owerri or mbaise

1 Like

Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by 21savages: 12:38pm On Jan 05, 2020
i married my cousin, was not asked all this qstns.
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by Louisananda7(m): 1:21pm On Jan 05, 2020
Finally before all these questions, I don give their daughter belle, so who dem go do?
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by Louisananda7(m): 1:22pm On Jan 05, 2020
jidamsel43:
The first question that her mother asked me was, ' what are you doing for a living' .
I was just a private school teacher with a monthly salary #25k . I told her that I was teaching in a school and also had a side business ( Clothing). The father then interrupted her to avoid more puzzling question.
That was the only question that her mother asked. other questions were from father.
Then I came to conclusion that women's orientation is monetary inclined
happy New year
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by millionboi2: 1:23pm On Jan 05, 2020
Pavore9:

Even in this era of materialism over character and good name, not all families will get carried away by your Range Rover.
but most if not all
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by jodoh: 1:25pm On Jan 05, 2020
Dehindepgenius:

My first meeting with my wife's parents was funny as hell. Thank God the old man has a sense of humor. I mistook him for the gardener, he was wearing gloves and trimming flowers when I arrived. I was like 'is your oga around?' He looked me over and said 'are you a clown or you just lack manners?' I realised who he was at that point. Then to worsen thing, at dinner I accidentally knocked a pitcher of water into his soup. My wife looked like she would faint. Today we are best buds. Inside life grin
grin[quote author=Dehindepgenius post=8k
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by Pavore9: 1:37pm On Jan 05, 2020
Liftedhands:

We like those names die! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by Adaowerri111: 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2020
Gettreadyy:

what if he insists ?

when I'm ready to visit my in-laws to be for the first time, I will go with an expensive alcoholic and non alcoholic wine as gifts with an average size cake.

my appearance alone will wow them and they will remove the thought that he is broke.

I Will be prepared, I will charm them with my words and actions.

while leaving i will give her siblings in the house some money and maybe her mother too defending (if I deem it fit) they may love me instantly.

But I ain't doing any of the things mentioned above because i want a baby mama. don't ask me why

Unwise Move, Before involving Money or Gifts, Make sure Both parents have met, Don't do that on your first visit, You don't have to impress anyone Just be yourself and if they think you are broke such thought won't last if you aren't, Time is a good teacher.

1 Like

Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by blessingsonflee(f): 2:29pm On Jan 05, 2020
cheesy grin
Gettreadyy:

let them keep testing... by the time she (their daughter) clock 30yrs and above sense will finally fall on them.

are your parents the type of in-laws that will frustrate their prospective son inlaw? I know why I'm asking.
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by Liftedhands(f): 3:25pm On Jan 05, 2020
hardbody:

You are either owerri or mbaise
Lolzzz mbano o.
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by Gettreadyy(m): 4:14pm On Jan 05, 2020
Adaowerri111:

Unwise Move, Before involving Money or Gifts, Make sure Both parents have met, Don't do that on your first visit, You don't have to impress anyone Just be yourself and if they think you are broke such thought won't last if you aren't, Time is a good teacher.

if you read to the end, you'll see the part where I said I ain't doing any of that with a reason
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by Samsonklin(m): 4:16pm On Jan 05, 2020
Give her belle to and see as many questions go seize. Who get time Mitchew
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by xcelentattitude(m): 4:29pm On Jan 05, 2020
jidamsel43:
Her father asked if I was staying with parents or alone. I told him that I was staying alone though a room and parlour apartment. He nodded which suggested confirmation and affirmation. He asked if I smoked or drink . my answer was negative. He said he wouldn't have rejected me if I used to drink but he needed to be ascertain . So that if there would be any disagreement or misunderstood , the cause of disagreement will be easily detected. He then asked the mother to entertain me . In conclusion, he gave his consent and asked me to await the 'list' from them because their daughter is not for free. More so that they have also paid to many families too

Wow! I asked because I am a teacher too, and I am not far behind. grin
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by Legendguru: 5:50pm On Jan 05, 2020
I don’t meet in laws
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by akaahs(m): 5:57pm On Jan 05, 2020
Me I went there alone, I met her mother only (her dad is late) while my bae was inside the kitchen, I draw the attention of the mother and made my intentions known toward her daughter.
She only encourage us to be prayerful and let the will of God prevail over us since we saw and love each other. No any of those questions oo
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by yinkbell: 6:31pm On Jan 05, 2020
Dehindepgenius:

My first meeting with my wife's parents was funny as hell. Thank God the old man has a sense of humor. I mistook him for the gardener, he was wearing gloves and trimming flowers when I arrived. I was like 'is your oga around?' He looked me over and said 'are you a clown or you just lack manners?' I realised who he was at that point. Then to worsen thing, at dinner I accidentally knocked a pitcher of water into his soup. My wife looked like she would faint. Today we are best buds. Inside life grin
g

you are first grade clown. Do you mean those incidents took place or you just frame it up to crack our ribs?
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by Adaowerri111: 7:08pm On Jan 05, 2020
Gettreadyy:

if you read to the end, you'll see the part where I said I ain't doing any of that with a reason

I saw it, I'm writing just incase you change your mind.
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by franksunny(m): 8:57pm On Jan 05, 2020
Ok, alot of truth and alot of lies, when you finally marry you will know what I mean. I'm not married but I have embark on that journey
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by Innomama7(m): 9:12pm On Jan 05, 2020
thank you noted
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by Gettreadyy(m): 10:19pm On Jan 05, 2020
Adaowerri111:

I saw it, I'm writing just incase you change your mind.
Point noted. I checked ur profile picture, you are cute.
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by Adaowerri111: 6:49am On Jan 06, 2020
Gettreadyy:

Point noted. I checked ur profile picture, you are cute.

Thanks
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by Gettreadyy(m): 9:41am On Jan 06, 2020
Adaowerri111:

Thanks
You welcome, can i get ur whatsapp number ? let's chat
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by larrypourl(m): 6:15pm On Jan 06, 2020
Greatzeus:
All these questions won't be necessary if you are rich and successful. Your in laws to be will respect you,even if they will ask these questions at all their tone will be different, compared to a average earner or broke guy grin
" Being poor is the root of all evil, get money my ni ggas"...Rick Ross

Very correct. Especially a young comfortable guy with a secured good job and you came over with your car. They won't bore you with questions honestly but you still have to prove your worth in your conversations. Exposed and literate family will discuss, world politics, academics, life generally with you and her father will pick things up from your conversation. One needs to be careful so man won't miss yarn oo, and again don't forget to buy fruits along for the family and probably wine for her dad.....ask her daughter for his brand, but it wasn't easy as a first timer grin
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by blank(f): 9:19pm On Jan 06, 2020
ValCon888:
Nonsense and ingredient questions. Money changes situations. Just drop your Range Rover or Bentley key on the sitting room table and you'll be the one questioning her father.

In fact, he'll be giving you answers without you asking any question.

After my father has dropped the key to his private jet, you will carry your own key waka far.
Re: Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy by skedy1(m): 7:48am On Jan 07, 2020
This Year, we go see and meet them all.
E no get as e wan be!

In-laws or out-laws!
✌✌✌

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? / I've Had 170 Children And I'm Not Going To Stop - British Man / Kid Looking At His Parents Kissing: Caption This Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.