Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,231 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Buhari: No Haste In Withdrawal Of Military From Troubled Communities - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: No Haste In Withdrawal Of Military From Troubled Communities (7797 Views)

Doguwa Denied Entry By Military From Collecting His Certificate Of Return-photo / United States Wants Cameroon To Pull-out Military From Southern Territory / Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: No Haste In Withdrawal Of Military From Troubled Communities by Neoteny(m): 8:19am On Jan 04, 2020
itsme01:

Urban "warefare" is there a warfare going on inside of Nigerian urban cities and centers that i dont know of,? or can the Military man apply a civil law that he doesnt know just has the police would?

What i mean is, they're not just trained for fighting in jungles and "borders" as you said. They're mostly trained for urban warfare. Jungle and mountain units are usually specialized forces.

Most modern wars are fought in urban centers. It's mostly to capture seats of government, critical infrastructure, or decimate command and control.

I'm talking in the context of warfare, not the anomaly of internal security deployment in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari: No Haste In Withdrawal Of Military From Troubled Communities by itsme01: 8:22am On Jan 04, 2020
Neoteny:

What i mean is, they're not just trained for fighting in jungles and "borders" as you said. They're mostly trained for urban warfare. Jungle and mountain units are usually specialized forces.

Most modern wars are fought in urban centers. It's mostly to capture seats of government, critical infrastructure, or decimate command and control.

I'm talking in the context of warfare, not the anomaly of internal security deployment in Nigeria.

ok i get you

1 Like

Re: Buhari: No Haste In Withdrawal Of Military From Troubled Communities by TruthinAction: 8:31am On Jan 04, 2020
Withdrawal of military should not even be an issue of consideration unless the FG wants to deliberately make his people vulnerable. Insecurity will always be there even in increasing measure. There is never going to be a time the Islamic terrorist will stop their attacks. What we should be talking of is how to strengthen the security in those areas. We should be talking about equipping our soldiers and even sending more there. You can't think about sending police to where soldiers couldn't succeed. Nigerians should reason well and never support this evil agenda.

It at all they want to start, they should start with the withdrawal of military in Niger Delta. What are they doing there? Lives are not under threat in that region. Are military supposed to be guarding oil facilities?
Re: Buhari: No Haste In Withdrawal Of Military From Troubled Communities by Nostradamu(m): 8:40am On Jan 04, 2020
“You don’t need to worry. We will not expose our people and their communities to harm or danger,” the president assured. “The withdrawal is to allow the military focus on its primary duty of defending the nation against external aggression. It is the duty of the police to handle internal security since Nigeria is not at war.

Well said, but this is a no-brainer. Good position though.
Re: Buhari: No Haste In Withdrawal Of Military From Troubled Communities by Wisdom5878: 9:13am On Jan 04, 2020
see blew
Re: Buhari: No Haste In Withdrawal Of Military From Troubled Communities by ChristineC: 10:19am On Jan 04, 2020
Bossontop:
undecided
Remove them na.......shebi una do "technically" defeat boko haram.... I no wan dey hear rubbish talk abeg

Mtcheeww

[img]https://media1./images/bca87ed841d622292c51f41676f4894f/tenor.gif?itemid=3542800[/img]
grin grin grin
Re: Buhari: No Haste In Withdrawal Of Military From Troubled Communities by AkidiAma: 12:01pm On Jan 04, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

Urban "warefare" is there a warfare going on inside of Nigerian urban cities and centers that i dont know of,? or can the Military man apply a civil law that he doesnt know just has the police would?
[/s]
Re: Buhari: No Haste In Withdrawal Of Military From Troubled Communities by AkidiAma: 12:07pm On Jan 04, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

ok i get you

[/s]
Re: Buhari: No Haste In Withdrawal Of Military From Troubled Communities by Litmus: 4:58pm On Jan 04, 2020
whytediamond:
Nigeria can only enjoy relative peace and internal security if the government ever decides to focus on improving the standard of education on all levels. This will bring about development and progress in the future. The Military in other developed nations worry mostly about external aggression unlike my dear nation still battling with insurgency, menace of herdsmen, oil bunkering and the rest of them. God help our leaders.

As intuitively right as this may seem it is actually questionable at best but commonly dangerous. It is more helpful to suggest the desirability of education, good health service, infrastructure and all the other indices of development organisations like the WHO and UN regularly advice third world nations. It is unhelpful to use these to blackmail or indirectly threaten governments with unrest. There can never be enough "basic" amenities and subsequently such prescriptions end up holding broad range development hostage.
Re: Buhari: No Haste In Withdrawal Of Military From Troubled Communities by Hallabee1(m): 8:48pm On Jan 04, 2020
ezenwajosh:
Which of the buhari
THE Old-young-younger
Confused here o

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Okrika Is Okrika" Belema Thunders. / Osinabjo To Nigerians: Reject Politicians Using Sentiments To Get Power / DMO Okays FGN Savings Bonds For Transactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.