Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out (72816 Views)

Two US Army Helicopters Crash During Training, Several Feared Dead / Man Cries, Tries To Resist Deportation (Photos) / Bumi Thomas, Nigerian, Faces Deportation In UK. Given 14 Days To Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out by AllNews1: 4:45am On Jan 04, 2020
US Betrayed Me For Deporting My Mom, Says US Army Officer

(CNN) A US Army officer got a call he was dreading on Thursday.

His mom had been deported to Mexico. She called her family from the other side of the border to let them know.

"I feel betrayed, to be honest," 2nd Lt. Gibram Cruz told CNN affiliate KSWB. "A country that I'm serving, which I've served proudly... These policies that are put in place to keep my family safe have let me severely down."

Cruz and his family had been trying for months to convince officials to let his mother, Rocio Rebollar Gomez, remain in the United States.

The case drew national attention last month when the US Army officer flew home for the holidays and told the San Diego Union-Tribune he feared it would be their last Christmas together. Traveling to see her in Mexico wouldn't be possible due to military restrictions, he told reporters Thursday.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement said Rebollar Gomez was deported Thursday after exhausting all legal avenues for appeal.

A spokeswoman for the agency noted that Rebollar Gomez had been deported previously and that a judge had ordered her removal.

Reentering the United States after deportation is a felony under federal law, she said.

"The prioritization of immigration fugitives since the inception of ICE emphasizes their arrest and removal because they deliberately ignored a federal judge's order," ICE spokeswoman Paige D. Hughes said. "Intentionally failing to carry out final orders of removal is negligence and undermines the entire framework of immigration enforcement, as established by Congress, and renders federal law useless."

Family members rallied behind her
Cruz previously applied to a program that protects relatives of active US military members from deportation, but the request was denied, family members said. CNN is working to confirm the reason for the denial.

Rebollar Gomez had lived in San Diego for more than 30 years, family members said. She'd been deported three times previously. Each time, she returned to the United States to be with her children, family members told reporters.

"Yes, she has a deportation record, but she came back for us," daughter Karla Cruz said Thursday. "Everything that she's done is for us to keep us here, to give us an opportunity. She's the heart of our family. She's taught us everything we know."

With Rebollar Gomez at their side, family members held a press conference outside the ICE office where she was heading for a check-in Thursday. Once again, they asked officials to block her deportation, waving signs that said, "Don't separate our family" and "Military moms deserve to stay" as TV cameras rolled.

But shortly after the press conference, family members got word that Rebollar Gomez had been deported.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/01/03/us/army-officer-mom-deported/index.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out by SFSNIPER(m): 4:47am On Jan 04, 2020
Unfortunate

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out by Nobody: 4:49am On Jan 04, 2020
This one is serious o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out by Afamed: 5:04am On Jan 04, 2020
There is always a price. But this one looks more severe.
Cc : Potus

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out by Amazingman(m): 5:27am On Jan 04, 2020
Something ain't right

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out by Zaheertyler(m): 5:47am On Jan 04, 2020
Go and become a drug lord bro

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out by Ahmed0336(m): 5:50am On Jan 04, 2020
Zaheertyler:
Go and become a drug lord bro
SMH

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out by DSoj(m): 5:53am On Jan 04, 2020
Simple.. leave their useless army. Sell whatever Intel you know to their enemies

Ungrateful country.

133 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out by sparog(m): 5:56am On Jan 04, 2020
Resign and go back to your country...After all, they say no place like home

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out by Dedetwo(m): 6:05am On Jan 04, 2020
AllNews1:
A US Army officer got a call he was dreading on Thursday.

His mom had been deported to Mexico. She called her family from the other side of the border to let them know.

"I feel betrayed, to be honest," 2nd Lt. Gibram Cruz told newsmen "A country that I'm serving, which I've served proudly... These policies that are put in place to keep my family safe have let me severely down."

Cruz and his family had been trying for months to convince officials to let his mother, Rocio Rebollar Gomez, remain in the United States.

READ MORE: https://www.thewatchngr.com/2020/01/us-betrayed-me-for-deporting-my-mom.html

Arrant nonsense!!! USA armed forces is a volunteer force. You should have joined Mexican armed forces. Or resign from your commission in USA armed forces and join the Mexican armed forces. USA is country of law and order.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out by itsme01: 6:12am On Jan 04, 2020
cool

lets stop making silly excuses.. lets start developing our own country

If Mexico or Nigeria spends all its drug money or crude oil money on asphalt all our roads would be tarred, if we spend it on Powerplant, we would have stable electricity to attract investors that can create jobs, and if it is steel plant like ajaokuta, we would soon become a developed nation

US built its country by plunging it self into heavy debt and serious borrowing, There roads where built on loans same as there train and other infrastructure... citizens pay as high as 30% of there income as tax to refund their debts..

Mexicans cant just breeze in and out to take Americans Jobs or enjoy American infrastructures while Americans pay back the Debt

46 Likes

Re: Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out by APOPTOSIS: 6:58am On Jan 04, 2020
NO MATTER whose HEAD is involved, the RULE OF LAW must be abided in the US.
They Make LAWS to keep Everybody, including the PRESIDENCY in Check.
SOLDIER, the issue here is that ur MOM got into the US illegally and the RULE OF LAW is supreme and same LAW is interpreted for everyone.
However, Cry no more for she can always visit and possibly start up the genuine Process

However, in NIGERIA, LAWS are made for the PAUPERS.
In Nigeria, you Find the SENATE, ARMY, JUDICIARY, DSS and the POLICE pledging allegiance to the ASO ROCK rather than the CONSTITUTION that protects Everyone.

Imagine SENTOR OMO-AGEGE who should be a FORCE on his own, to checkmate the excesses of the Presidency, now being the one to KNEEL before the President because he was offered the seat of the deputy senate President who happens to be FLOOR MEMBER only waiting to act on the directive of the senate President.

IMAGINE what would have happened if he was made the senate President, may be he would have BELLY-WALKED or ROLLED into ASO ROCK to be felicitated with the president.

Imagine the KANO HISBA POLICE, arresting a NIGERIAN POLICE OFFICER for an ISLAMIC OFFENCE rather than a Constitution offence.

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out by Kingrexyl(m): 7:13am On Jan 04, 2020
I can feel his pain

3 Likes

Re: Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out by mu2sa2: 7:20am On Jan 04, 2020
He's latino, so i'm not surprised. Racism is real in yankee land.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 04, 2020
APOPTOSIS:
NO MATTER whose HEAD is involved, the RULE OF LAW must be abided in the US.
They Make LAWS to keep Everybody, including the PRESIDENCY in Check.
SOLDIER, the issue here is that ur MOM got into the US illegally and the RULE OF LAW is supreme and same LAW is interpreted for everyone.
However, Cry no more for she can always visit and possibly start up the genuine Process

But LAWS are made for the PAUPERS in Nigeria.
In Nigeria, you Find the SENATE, ARMY, JUDICIARY, DSS and the POLICE pledging allegiance to ASO ROCK rather than the CONSTITUTION that protects Everyone.

Imagine SENTOR OMOAGEGE that should be a FORCE on his own, checkmating the excesses of the Presidency, now being the one to KNEEL before the Presidency because he was offered the seat of the deputy senate President who happens to be FLOOR MEMBER only waiting to act on the directive of the senate President.

IMAGINE what would have happened if he was made the senate President, may be he would have BELLY-WALKED or ROLLED into ASO ROCK to be felicitated with the president.

Imagine the KANO POLICE HISBA, arresting a NIGERIAN POLICE OFFICER for an ISLAMIC OFFENCE rather than a Constitution offence.
sir I read everything you said and I cried.

One thing I regret in this life is being a Nigerian

I keep praying everyday for God to answer my prayers with a visa, I prefer being a US citizen dish washer than a being a Nigerian doctor

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out by Lovelies1: 7:55am On Jan 04, 2020
Check My signature ���� 9 year old Laurent Simons drops out from university couldn't continue again during to unforeseen ..,...

Incase the link changes log on to nevoon..com
Re: Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out by Dpharisee: 7:56am On Jan 04, 2020
And here the Major General has given Visa free entry to all Fulanis from every part of Africa undecided

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out by superlanny(m): 7:57am On Jan 04, 2020
This is very sad, but rules are rules, no matter how crappy they are, a woman that gave birth to one of the soldiers protecting USA gets deported, this is the real definition of inside life.
Am I the only one suffering from the severe harmattan.

4 Likes

Re: Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out by naijazee2: 7:57am On Jan 04, 2020
Eeya sorry about that
Re: Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out by bro4u: 7:57am On Jan 04, 2020
DSoj:
Simple.. leave their useless army. Sell whatever Intel you know to their enemies
That'll be suicidal man... Highly suicidal.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out by assortlistads: 7:58am On Jan 04, 2020
Both plant and animal life endemic to snow-bound areas develop ways to adapt. Among the adaptive mechanisms for plants are dormancy, seasonal dieback, survival of seeds; and for animals are hibernation, insulation, anti-freeze chemistry, storing food, drawing on reserves from within the body, and clustering for mutual heat

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out by Ndibunna: 7:58am On Jan 04, 2020
Manage Mexico
Re: Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out by Pavore9: 7:59am On Jan 04, 2020
Hmm....While some mothers I know went for omugwo in the US and yet to return after so many years! cheesy cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out by dalass(f): 7:59am On Jan 04, 2020
grin
Re: Gibram Cruz Mother's Deportation To Mexico By US: Army Officer Cries Out by Nthrone(m): 7:59am On Jan 04, 2020
Oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

₦467.4Billion, A City On The Ocean, World's Largest Cruise Ship(Photos) / Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? / Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.