Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,564 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke (54656 Views)

One Reason You're Still Broke As Young Person / 20 Uncommon Reasons You Are Still Broke - Akpe Emmanuel / The Number One Cause Of Business Failure And How To Avoid It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by candidbabe(f): 12:56pm On Jan 04, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by LtChisom: 12:58pm On Jan 04, 2020
pentazocine is the reason am always broke. any helo
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by Abalado(f): 12:58pm On Jan 04, 2020
This OP don't even know what his,just like one of my E. N.T lecturers when I was in school in 2009,he always told us in class that we can turn waste to wealth, but he took bike to the school, does that means he doesn't like to be rich or what? Why can't he teach himself turn waste time wealth,, lol,, exactly like this OP

3 Likes

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by Omega9: 12:59pm On Jan 04, 2020
hisgrace090:
It made me to remember the book "think and grow rich" by Napoleon Bonaparte.

Napoleon Hill and not Bonaparte
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by posty56: 1:00pm On Jan 04, 2020
oga all this ones na talk,i have seen pple with poor mindset yet they have money due to their outgoing ways

everybody has their pattern just because it works for no mean say e go work for me

3 Likes

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by BluntBoy(m): 1:00pm On Jan 04, 2020
helinues:
grin

A friend who wrote a book on how to be rich but still asking for money to publish the same books.. No be to read his own books from pali to pali..

grin
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by jodoh: 1:02pm On Jan 04, 2020
hisgrace090:
Lol. It's Napoleon Hill...
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by Viking007(m): 1:02pm On Jan 04, 2020
TinyHacker:
Poverty rate drops to 0%

rubbish thread
Very rubbish thread. The op himself is probably wallowing in poverty somewhere. In all you do, leave this country and your life will never remain the same again.

13 Likes

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by fatymore(f): 1:04pm On Jan 04, 2020
I am still broke because you refused to patronise what I sell.
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by philipstanley(m): 1:04pm On Jan 04, 2020
pansophist:
1. Where the rich see opportunity, the poor see problems.

2. Where the rich invest, the poor spend.

3. The rich want to be impressed, the poor try to impress.

4. The rich read and are aware of global trend and affairs, the poor do not read and is cognitively limited.

5. The rich buy appreciating assets (properties, business, stocks), the poor buy depreciating assets (newest iPhones, designer clothes)

6. Where the rich invest in themselves through coaching, classes, the poor invest in their ego through material stuff to feel better

7. The rich pay themselves before spending, the poor spend before paying themselves

8. The rich weaponize their body with healthy foods and exercise, the poor eat and drink irresponsibly regardless of the effect on the body

9. The rich think of expanding, entering and breaking into new market, the poor is comfortable and satisfied with his merger state. (Think of uber, or domino pizza without thousands of operations in cities worldwide).

10. The rich think and plan ahead, update himself with technology automate and willing to change, the poor don't even think of such in the first place.

11. The rich employs you, you work for the rich.

Yes! you've said it all

1 Like

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by Amsickindahead: 1:05pm On Jan 04, 2020
Its all bout opportunity and how wise we make use of it.Am not a believer in reading books to become rich.

3 Likes

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by emmydiamon(m): 1:06pm On Jan 04, 2020
I think i will advice every nairalander who havnt read Think and grow rich and The rich dad and poor dad should do so this year, it will help you go a long way.
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by Asad6ixty9: 1:07pm On Jan 04, 2020
hisgrace090:
you got to be kidding me........ Napoleon Hill or Napoleon Bonaparte??
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by NoLotty7(m): 1:08pm On Jan 04, 2020
Have streams of income from different investments.Be prayerful and stay awake.Be mindful of how you spend your income.Be careful of girls.Stay away from gambling.Above all be DISCIPLINE and once more be PRAYERFUL because it's not by might .Time and chances plus be at the right place =LUCKY TO BE RICH.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by FrankAkowe: 1:08pm On Jan 04, 2020
How do you make a rich decision and not a poor one? Here, I think the uses of hindsights and foresights will help.
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by rollboy: 1:08pm On Jan 04, 2020
Bagboii:
It was a decision you took to open this thread out of numerous threads.. Decisions can either lead you into a lifetime of happiness or regrets..

You can never get rich in life through making POOR DECISIONS. Staying broke is a reflection of your POOR DECISIONS .Becoming rich is a reflection of your RICH DECISIONS..

You graduated with one of the best grades but still no job yet after a long while and u keep on saying that, u want to work in a well paying company or nothing else, That is is a POOR DECISION. Why don't u think of how to source for capital and invest it in an idea that can give u a source of income while still aiming for that job. That is a RICH DECISION

Because u are a graduate and you have a Nysc certificate, Then u start feeling like some menial jobs, are not meant to be done by u, even if it could be a steady source of income for u ? That is a POOR DECISION .

You are born and raised in a poor home and u keep telling yourself that if your parents were wealthy, you would have had a better life.. That is a POOR DECISION instead tell yourself this, I grew up in a poor home but my own children must not grow up in a poor home. That is a RICH DECISION.

Your parents are finding it hard to send u to school and even to feed u as their child is hard for them and u are silently asking yourself why God decided to put u in that family, That is a POOR DECISION Instead tell yourself this, GOD put me in this family so that i can change the story of my parents for good, That is a RICH DECISION.

In Summary.. your mind is the engine, The decisions u make is the fuel that would either power the engine through the destination to a Life u dream of..

Please here is an illustration below and please using Lagos and Akwaibom is just an illustration not that I mean u re in Lagos going to Akwa Ibom :

You are in Lagos YOUR PRESENT SITUATION) and your destination is Akwa Ibom (THE LUXURY KIND OF LIFE YOU WANT TO LIVE) ,Ur Life is the Car, Your mind is the engine, your decisions is the fuel that would power the engine which is your life to your destination. if u buy just 2 litres of fuel (POOR DECISIONS) It can never take your car (YOUR LIFE) to reach your destination Akwa Ibom (THE LUXURY KIND OF LIFE U WANT TO LIVE)

fight for your dream and it will fight for you

1 Like

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by lucky4west: 1:08pm On Jan 04, 2020
nice one, thank you for the motivation
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by adeoba2008(m): 1:08pm On Jan 04, 2020
hisgrace090:

Bonaparte ke?
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by mrsfavour(f): 1:09pm On Jan 04, 2020
Good write up to spike up 2020
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by tck2000(m): 1:10pm On Jan 04, 2020
[quote author=pansophist post=85492588]1. Where the rich see opportunity, the poor see problems.

4. The rich read and are aware of global trend and affairs, the poor do not read and is cognitively limited.

5. The rich buy appreciating assets (properties, business, stocks), the poor buy depreciating assets (newest iPhones, designer clothes)

6. Where the rich invest in themselves through coaching, classes, the poor invest in their ego through material stuff to feel better

7. The rich pay themselves before spending, the poor spend before paying themselves

8. The rich weaponize their body with healthy foods and exercise, the poor eat and drink irresponsibly regardless of the effect on the body

9. The rich think of expanding, entering and breaking into new market, the poor is comfortable and satisfied with his merger state. (Think of uber, or domino pizza without thousands of operations
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by IduNaOba: 1:10pm On Jan 04, 2020
Bagboii:
It was a decision you took to open this thread out of numerous threads.. Decisions can either lead you into a lifetime of happiness or regrets..

You can never get rich in life through making POOR DECISIONS. Staying broke is a reflection of your POOR DECISIONS .Becoming rich is a reflection of your RICH DECISIONS..

You graduated with one of the best grades but still no job yet after a long while and u keep on saying that, u want to work in a well paying company or nothing else, That is is a POOR DECISION. Why don't u think of how to source for capital and invest it in an idea that can give u a source of income while still aiming for that job. That is a RICH DECISION

Because u are a graduate and you have a Nysc certificate, Then u start feeling like some menial jobs, are not meant to be done by u, even if it could be a steady source of income for u ? That is a POOR DECISION .

You are born and raised in a poor home and u keep telling yourself that if your parents were wealthy, you would have had a better life.. That is a POOR DECISION instead tell yourself this, I grew up in a poor home but my own children must not grow up in a poor home. That is a RICH DECISION.

Your parents are finding it hard to send u to school and even to feed u as their child is hard for them and u are silently asking yourself why God decided to put u in that family, That is a POOR DECISION Instead tell yourself this, GOD put me in this family so that i can change the story of my parents for good, That is a RICH DECISION.

In Summary.. your mind is the engine, The decisions u make is the fuel that would either power the engine through the destination to a Life u dream of..

Please here is an illustration below and please using Lagos and Akwaibom is just an illustration not that I mean u re in Lagos going to Akwa Ibom :

You are in Lagos YOUR PRESENT SITUATION) and your destination is Akwa Ibom (THE LUXURY KIND OF LIFE YOU WANT TO LIVE) ,Ur Life is the Car, Your mind is the engine, your decisions is the fuel that would power the engine which is your life to your destination. if u buy just 2 litres of fuel (POOR DECISIONS) It can never take your car (YOUR LIFE) to reach your destination Akwa Ibom (THE LUXURY KIND OF LIFE U WANT TO LIVE)

The average Igbo man even without oyibo education thinks like this.
Great post
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by Gettreadyy(m): 1:12pm On Jan 04, 2020
pansophist:

9. The rich think of expanding, entering and breaking into new market, the poor is comfortable and satisfied with his merger state. (Think of uber, or domino pizza without thousands of operations in cities worldwide).

10. The rich think and plan ahead, update himself with technology automate and willing to change, the poor don't even think of such in the first place.

11. The rich employs you, you work for the rich.

12. The rich are responsible, accept failures, and are in full control of their life and circumstsnces. They choose what happen in their life. The poor just let life happens to them.

13. The rich see money as a tool, their money works doe them. The poor see money as a goal, they work for the money.

14. The rich has cash producing assets (eg factories), the poor are the factory workers themselves.

15. The rich are adaptable and formless, the poor are stiff and get irrelevant with time.

leave all these long talk...
do you have plenty money, are you rich ?

4 Likes

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by emmydiamon(m): 1:12pm On Jan 04, 2020
Abalado:
This OP don't even know what his,just like one of my E. N.T lecturers when I was in school in 2009,he always told us in class that we can turn waste to wealth, but he took bike to the school, does that means he doesn't like to be rich or what? Why can't he teach himself turn waste time wealth,, lol,, exactly like this OP
2020 and you still de reason like this? Every body mind set is Diffrent, some people drive joy when showing you the way to achieve something in life and then seeing you succide.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by IMASTEX: 1:13pm On Jan 04, 2020
Elove1:
Riches is from the lord
Certainly without your input right?! Even pastors study & develop themselves to be able to convince you to pay without you knowing you're making them rich.
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by Rockyrascal(m): 1:14pm On Jan 04, 2020
Frankyboy1:
I am not broke,but a lot of Nigeria youths are broke because opportunity abounds less in this nation, the value of human labor is so poor, the recompense for labor is so competitive, that people take home can barely take them anywhere, a lot of ideas but no support system to help the youths, I have a brother who stayed broke in naija for years,but immediately he migrated to a caring and sane society like Australia, he is constantly boxed up and has alot of investment here to shoe for it, a society that enforces equality promotes labor rights,have a well structured wage pattern and income level, where millions are not poor at the expense of a few corrupt individuals, where the govermnent puts the interst of its people first genuinely,where you don't need to work as an elephant and eat as a ant, except for just a few privileged ones in this country, most people are broke due to reasons beyond immediate control, but last last just keep hustling, you might be lucky,and get a big break
i was about to contribute a short piece related to your opinions, but am glad you did.

5 Likes

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by pansophist(m): 1:16pm On Jan 04, 2020
Gettreadyy:

leave all these long talk...
do you have plenty money, are you rich ?

The poor never takes advice, but attack the advisers. How does if I'm rich or not invalidate the truism in my submission?

4 Likes

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by Stillthebest: 1:17pm On Jan 04, 2020
kiss

So some people are actually broke and think they are rich!

You can feed yourself can you feed a family if you have one?

You drive a car, can you buy another one in 2 months if they steal the current one.

You pay your rent, if eventualities come that require you to leave immediately, can you afford to rent a new one?

There's a need for a urgent surgery on your loved one or you, can u foot the bill without calling family n friends or checking paylater app?

Most people are broke in Nigeria. They are just growing not really developing.

It could be decisions but most times it is the system. Backgrounds Play major roles in whatever decisions one make.

Environmental factors too.

5 Likes

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by BluntBoy(m): 1:20pm On Jan 04, 2020
pansophist:

All this are just motivational stuffs that are put in books and used to deceive people. The problem with them is that they are vague.

For instance, sample some civil servants on the same salary scale and you would find that there are wealthy civil servants as well as struggling ones. Then dig further, and you might find that the wealthy civil servants became wealthy from receiving bribes and aiding in the diversion of funds and even assisting with budget padding. The poor ones might be the honest civil servants who don't have the courage to engage in shady businesses.

Look at all those billionaires that made money through Ponzi schemes. Of course, Ponzi scheme is an opportunity to get rich. But it is a fraud. Yet, some people saw opportunity in Ponzi schemes and became rich. Some people saw problems with defrauding people and refused to be billionaires from creating Ponzi schemes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by joobseekar: 1:21pm On Jan 04, 2020
Abalado:
Just like Napoleon Hill himself, the greatest self-help scammer of all time. cheesy cheesy
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by arcdone(m): 1:23pm On Jan 04, 2020
Viking007:
Very rubbish thread. The op himself is probably wallowing in poverty somewhere. In all you do, leave this country and your life will never remain the same again.
Haha broda... This man write up has meaning to some extent now.. He has done a good job, because it doesn't work for you.. Doesn't make the thread invalid, just the way you portrayed it..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Newly Updated Price List Of DSTV And GOTV Packages And Available Channels. / See Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro / Picture Of Bill Gates And Dangote At A Table

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.