Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke (54655 Views)

One Reason You're Still Broke As Young Person / 20 Uncommon Reasons You Are Still Broke - Akpe Emmanuel / The Number One Cause Of Business Failure And How To Avoid It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by kenkel: 1:24pm On Jan 04, 2020
Nice write up, especially no 15
pansophist:
1. Where the rich see opportunity, the poor see problems.

2. Where the rich invest, the poor spend.

3. The rich want to be impressed, the poor try to impress.

4. The rich read and are aware of global trend and affairs, the poor do not read and is cognitively limited.

5. The rich buy appreciating assets (properties, business, stocks), the poor buy depreciating assets (newest iPhones, designer clothes)

6. Where the rich invest in themselves through coaching, classes, the poor invest in their ego through material stuff to feel better

7. The rich pay themselves before spending, the poor spend before paying themselves

8. The rich weaponize their body with healthy foods and exercise, the poor eat and drink irresponsibly regardless of the effect on the body

9. The rich think of expanding, entering and breaking into new market, the poor is comfortable and satisfied with his merger state. (Think of uber, or domino pizza without thousands of operations in cities worldwide).

10. The rich think and plan ahead, update himself with technology automate and willing to change, the poor don't even think of such in the first place.

11. The rich employs you, you work for the rich.

12. The rich are responsible, accept failures, and are in full control of their life and circumstsnces. They choose what happen in their life. The poor just let life happens to them.

13. The rich see money as a tool, their money works for them. The poor see money as a goal, they work for the money.

14. The rich has cash producing assets (eg factories), the poor are the factory workers themselves.

15. The rich are adaptable and formless, the poor are stiff and get irrelevant with time.

3 Likes

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by KakiP(m): 1:24pm On Jan 04, 2020
Elove1:
Riches is from the lord

If I land you back hand!
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by IMASTEX: 1:25pm On Jan 04, 2020
Frankyboy1:
I am not broke,but a lot of Nigeria youths are broke because opportunity abounds less in this nation, the value of human labor is so poor, the recompense for labor is so competitive, that people take home can barely take them anywhere, a lot of ideas but no support system to help the youths, I have a brother who stayed broke in naija for years,but immediately he migrated to a caring and sane society like Australia, he is constantly boxed up and has alot of investment here to shoe for it, a society that enforces equality promotes labor rights,have a well structured wage pattern and income level, where millions are not poor at the expense of a few corrupt individuals, where the govermnent puts the interst of its people first genuinely,where you don't need to work as an elephant and eat as a ant, except for just a few privileged ones in this country, most people are broke due to reasons beyond immediate control, but last last just keep hustling, you might be lucky,and get a big break
Very nice analogy, you unconsciously mentioned the problems & solutions at the same time. Referencing your brother, he had an idea that couldn't manifest until he relocated, that is the right decision. And the article is more concerned on taking the right decision. There are people who's plan can work here yet haven't done anything about. While others who also need to relocate still haven't work towards it.

6 Likes

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by BiiDii(m): 1:25pm On Jan 04, 2020
hisgrace090:
It made me to remember the book "think and grow rich" by Napoleon Bonaparte.
Jesus Napoleon Bonaparte
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by BluntBoy(m): 1:26pm On Jan 04, 2020
Abalado:
This OP don't even know what his,just like one of my E. N.T lecturers when I was in school in 2009,he always told us in class that we can turn waste to wealth, but he took bike to the school, does that means he doesn't like to be rich or what? Why can't he teach himself turn waste time wealth,, lol,, exactly like this OP

That is what happens when you read motivational books.

I remembered reading Rich Dad Poor Dad in my desperation to be rich. But then, I realized that there was nothing new in what the author wrote.

Moreover, many of the motivational speakers and writers did not become rich by following their own ideas. They became rich by selling their books and giving motivational speeches for fees.

9 Likes

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:27pm On Jan 04, 2020
Hedonisco:
How rich are you, oh ye Mr Rich Decision?
Help me ask am o. Some are just good at talking.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 04, 2020
Frankyboy1:
I am not broke,but a lot of Nigeria youths are broke because opportunity abounds less in this nation, the value of human labor is so poor, the recompense for labor is so competitive, that people take home can barely take them anywhere, a lot of ideas but no support system to help the youths, I have a brother who stayed broke in naija for years,but immediately he migrated to a caring and sane society like Australia, he is constantly boxed up and has alot of investment here to shoe for it, a society that enforces equality promotes labor rights,have a well structured wage pattern and income level, where millions are not poor at the expense of a few corrupt individuals, where the govermnent puts the interst of its people first genuinely,where you don't need to work as an elephant and eat as a ant, except for just a few privileged ones in this country, most people are broke due to reasons beyond immediate control, but last last just keep hustling, you might be lucky,and get a big break

Nigerians are cashing out in Australia but it's very far.

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by Elove1: 1:28pm On Jan 04, 2020
IMASTEX:

Certainly without your input right?! Even pastors study & develop themselves to be able to convince you to pay without you knowing you're making them rich.

Must you call pastors in this case
Don't be too religious boy. Pastors don't need to tell me b4 i know that riches is from the lord
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by opribo(m): 1:29pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ok fine it's in the mind but I ask where is the place of God in all these permutations.

Suppose you make the right decisions and one sickness doesn't allow you or problems don't allow you to see the clear path.

For me it is watch and pray. For you never know.
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by DexterousOne(m): 1:30pm On Jan 04, 2020
Frankyboy1:

You have said it all.

Nigeria is FVCKED

The economy cannot support a lot of people
That's the truth

It's not an excuse to br lazy tho
But so many people who are striving here with little to show will be better off abroad

3 Likes

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by Dulcinea(f): 1:30pm On Jan 04, 2020
You're right. Our decisions affect our lives. You decide whether to make it in life or not, you decide whether to eat healthy or not, you decide whether to stay broke or try to tackle things through, you decide whether to put your mind and brain into brainstorming about an idea or not.

We live by our decisions.
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 04, 2020
pansophist:
1. Where the rich see opportunity, the poor see problems.

2. Where the rich invest, the poor spend.

3. The rich want to be impressed, the poor try to impress.

4. The rich read and are aware of global trend and affairs, the poor do not read and is cognitively limited.

5. The rich buy appreciating assets (properties, business, stocks), the poor buy depreciating assets (newest iPhones, designer clothes)

6. Where the rich invest in themselves through coaching, classes, the poor invest in their ego through material stuff to feel better

7. The rich pay themselves before spending, the poor spend before paying themselves

8. The rich weaponize their body with healthy foods and exercise, the poor eat and drink irresponsibly regardless of the effect on the body

9. The rich think of expanding, entering and breaking into new market, the poor is comfortable and satisfied with his merger state. (Think of uber, or domino pizza without thousands of operations in cities worldwide).

10. The rich think and plan ahead, update himself with technology automate and willing to change, the poor don't even think of such in the first place.

11. The rich employs you, you work for the rich.

12. The rich are responsible, accept failures, and are in full control of their life and circumstsnces. They choose what happen in their life. The poor just let life happens to them.

13. The rich see money as a tool, their money works for them. The poor see money as a goal, they work for the money.

14. The rich has cash producing assets (eg factories), the poor are the factory workers themselves.

15. The rich are adaptable and formless, the poor are stiff and get irrelevant with time.

@11. How would the rich become rich if there's no one to employ?
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 04, 2020
fatymore:
I am still broke because you refused to patronise what I sell.

Is your product a necessity, is it what one will yearn for? We should stop this patronize me mentality when you are not offering what is desired, remember garri no get advert.
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by BluntBoy(m): 1:33pm On Jan 04, 2020
Dulcinea:
You're right. Our decisions affect our lives. You decide whether to make it in life or not, you decide whether to eat healthy or not, you decide whether to stay broke or try to tackle things through, you decide whether to put your mind and brain into brainstorming about an idea or not.

We live by our decisions.

Yes, our decisions are important. But there are other factors which are just as important.

So, while our decisions affect our lives, there are many other factors that affect our decisions.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by chigoizie7(m): 1:33pm On Jan 04, 2020
Bagboii:
Yes that's it, you are on point. The mindset is majorly for one purpose and it is for the purpose of decision making.. and decisions we make its a reflection of our upbringing and environment find ourselves..

You said it all
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by DexterousOne(m): 1:36pm On Jan 04, 2020
Stillthebest:
kiss

So some people are actually broke and think they are rich!

You can feed yourself can you feed a family if you have one?

You drive a car, can you buy another one in 2 months if they steal the current one.

You pay your rent, if eventualities come that require you to leave immediately, can you afford to rent a new one?

There's a need for a urgent surgery on your loved one or you, can u foot the bill without calling family n friends or checking paylater app?

Most people are broke in Nigeria. They are just growing not really developing.

It could be decisions but most times it is the system. Backgrounds Play major roles in whatever decisions one make.

Environmental factors too.

Truth
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by fatymore(f): 1:37pm On Jan 04, 2020
Fvckmoderators:

Is your product a necessity, is it what one will yearn for? We should stop this patronize me mentality when you are not offering what is desired, remember garri no get advert.

Please...I wasn't begging anyone to patronise me...I actually went with the flow. You should learn to mind your business in this new year. Thanks
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by IMASTEX: 1:37pm On Jan 04, 2020
Hedonisco:
How rich are you, oh ye Mr Rich Decision?
On the cross, one said: If you're the Lord why not save yourself. And the other said, Lord remember me in your kingdom. You know the rest of the story. Anthony Joshua had a coach that he takes instructions from.
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by Arkmanbuddy(m): 1:39pm On Jan 04, 2020
hisgrace090:
It made me to remember the book "think and grow rich" by Napoleon Bonaparte.

Hill

1 Like

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by pansophist(m): 1:40pm On Jan 04, 2020
GeniusWannabe:

@11. How would the rich become rich if there's no one to employ?

That's the point. There will always be people who are stuck in the lower mentality, and the rich will use them to accomplish their aim. The pool doesn't end. Also if you observe global trends, you'll see a pattern, that many employment contract are switching to freelancing (think of uber, Airbnb, oride etc), and automation, because as global literacy increases, people will not be putting up with this form of slavery anymore.

For example in Europe where I live, all the big cloth brands (no exceptions), such as HM, primark, Nike etc all make their clothes and wears in poorer countries like Vietnam and Cambodia, as those region are still poor, with a high level of illiteracy. Your average westerners will never work there. Also the cleaners at train stations around me are from the third world. So there you have it, it's a predator and prey world, and the earlier people wake up to this depressing fact, the better it will be for them.

5 Likes

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by IMASTEX: 1:41pm On Jan 04, 2020
Elove1:

Must you call pastors in this case
Don't be too religious boy. Pastors don't need to tell me b4 i know that riches is from the lord
Sorry advance man, I should have checked your profile before mentioning. It is obvious in the section you're most active in.
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by pansophist(m): 1:42pm On Jan 04, 2020
BluntBoy:

All this are just motivational stuffs that are put in books and used to deceive people. The problem with them is that they are vague.

For instance, sample some civil servants on the same salary scale and you would find that there are wealthy civil servants as well as struggling ones. Then dig further, and you might find that the wealthy civil servants became wealthy from receiving bribes and aiding in the diversion of funds and even assisting with budget padding. The poor ones might be the honest civil servants who don't have the courage to engage in shady businesses.

Look at all those billionaires that made money through Ponzi schemes. Of course, Ponzi scheme is an opportunity to get rich. But it is a fraud. Yet, some people saw opportunity in Ponzi schemes and became rich. Some people saw problems with defrauding people and refused to be billionaires from creating Ponzi schemes.

You will be more convincing if you explain specifically how the write up doesn't work. Because motivational speakers makes money off it doesn't makes it less true.
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by Passionate1(m): 1:42pm On Jan 04, 2020
Mindset is everything. . your life is as good as your mindset. .
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by BafanaBafana: 1:42pm On Jan 04, 2020
Viking007:
Very rubbish thread. The op himself is probably wallowing in poverty somewhere. In all you do, leave this country and your life will never remain the same again.
On point you are.
You might have everything but Nigeria will still hold you down

1 Like

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by Passionate1(m): 1:44pm On Jan 04, 2020
If u play small, u stay small . . .
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by Brendaniel: 1:45pm On Jan 04, 2020
Abalado:
This OP don't even know what his,just like one of my E. N.T lecturers when I was in school in 2009,he always told us in class that we can turn waste to wealth, but he took bike to the school, does that means he doesn't like to be rich or what? Why can't he teach himself turn waste time wealth,, lol,, exactly like this OP

There is a difference in knowing how to make something and knowing how to sell it....

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by BluntBoy(m): 1:48pm On Jan 04, 2020
pansophist:

You will be more convincing if you explain specifically how the write up doesn't work. Because motivational speakers makes money off it doesn't makes it less true.

Decision making is not as straightforward as you and those dubious motivational speakers make it.

Moreover, you make a vague point when you say the rich see opportunities while the poor see problems.

Opportunities can be anything from legit to illegitimate.

But this motivational writers are not interested in educating anyone. They are just interested in making money.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by Passionate1(m): 1:49pm On Jan 04, 2020
When d WHY is clear, D HOW is easy. .
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by Buyerscity(m): 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2020
Thanks for this OP.....Poverty is bad oooo.

Enrich your mindset with good motivation books below at a cheaper rate.

Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2020
fatymore:

Please...I wasn't begging anyone to patronise me...I actually went with the flow. You should learn to mind your business in this new year. Thanks

Sorry o
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by fatymore(f): 2:10pm On Jan 04, 2020
tongue tongue
Fvckmoderators:

Sorry o
Re: This Is The Number One Reason You Are Still Broke by Buyerscity(m): 2:16pm On Jan 04, 2020
fatymore:
tongue tongue

Sorry for yourself bro. They will be never be new you, you are the same yesterday, today and forever.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Newly Updated Price List Of DSTV And GOTV Packages And Available Channels. / See Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro / Picture Of Bill Gates And Dangote At A Table

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.