Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,271 members, 7,954,056 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:38 AM

Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video (62838 Views)

The Production Of The Volkswagen Beetle Ends Today / Old 1966 Volkswagen Beetle Transformed By Nigerian Man (Photos) / This Is Not The Regular Volkswagen Beetle; It Has Been Customized For Offroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Ebenezar2020(m): 5:18pm On Jan 04, 2020
Humphrizy:
Nice one.... My dad rocked that car for years grin Boot dey front while engine dey back

Graciously whatsapp or call 0"8"0"9"215'1959 if you need Pure Original Unadulterated Honey....
I sti remember the time wey be say person wey get this kind beetle back then was seen as a rich man

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Edgarated(m): 5:18pm On Jan 04, 2020
This one touch me
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Humphrizy(m): 5:21pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
I sti remember the time wey be say person wey get this kind beetle back then was seen as a rich man

Lwkmd... No be lie bro... The sound from the car na better signal
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by 12inchess: 5:34pm On Jan 04, 2020
Iconic Car. Every family had a Beetle then. So many memories.
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by BilltheDON(m): 5:34pm On Jan 04, 2020
Nice one

Contact me for your plain and pattern materials, senator, brocade etc... Wholesales and retail. PAY ON DELIVERY
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by IduNaOba: 5:36pm On Jan 04, 2020
I saw a driver-less stuff there
Could there be plans to remake this stuff into something better with a new name and stuff?
The ending of thr video too...
Somany things to take away from it
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by tityboi: 5:36pm On Jan 04, 2020
Oh
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by IME1: 5:42pm On Jan 04, 2020
My My first car cry
I will still buy if I see a clean one as a vintage collection
Kai I'll miss you cry cry cry
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Lifewithme: 5:42pm On Jan 04, 2020
foliman:
Who else got emotional?
badly. Migrated from just the car to life

2 Likes

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by IME1: 5:46pm On Jan 04, 2020
mrksquare:

absolutely. There is this Anambra chap I'm following on Instagram who specializes in buying vintage cars like this and pimping it into something cool and elegant.

my grandfather also started doing this before his passing
He was collecting and buying many VW beetle cars
I wish someone continued his vision,
Not i cause then I couldn't
If it's not late I'll like to do so very soon- get many VW beetle cars wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Akuruoulo(m): 5:48pm On Jan 04, 2020
NNABE COAL-TAR is gone
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Mathiasa(m): 5:53pm On Jan 04, 2020
As if they were talking to me, just a reminder that nothing last forever, not even our life's. We should all have that in mind.
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by hopexter(m): 6:10pm On Jan 04, 2020
Na wa o so Volkswagen don give Naija police the means to dey arrest me be that for an expired car, and I just love-vendor my beet cry cry cry
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Starboytwo(m): 6:11pm On Jan 04, 2020
Etizz:

U will get it as long as u want it......
i want it like maad
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by profilemessages: 6:22pm On Jan 04, 2020
Vin diesel used that car in fast and furious to beat one fumbling guy, who doesn't know ijapa, are you from planet earth? Lovely car!!!!
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by profilemessages: 6:25pm On Jan 04, 2020
To me even the old model is even more beautiful than the new one, Volkswagen beetle, bend down let me spit, yerinbeto!!!

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by aylahome: 6:32pm On Jan 04, 2020
My dad's first car, learnt how to drive with ijapa
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by IME1: 6:35pm On Jan 04, 2020
Focusmind:
However, sadly, the United family you laboured to build and sustain is fast crumbling because of enmity and outside influence. In Chinua Achebe's voice, an enemy has entered and used a sharp knife to cut off the rope of love and brotherhood that joined us together.

So sorry about this but it's a sad reality in many families, and even friendships

It's now competition and hate, bitterness and wickedness, lack of contentment and self love undecided
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by akingbatope: 6:49pm On Jan 04, 2020
GeneralPula:

Myself! cool
touching story bye bye ijapa car
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Godsonkemz(m): 6:50pm On Jan 04, 2020
This was once an official car for my dad when i was a baby.
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Uwaeromosele: 6:51pm On Jan 04, 2020
The part where the father of the young man who was driving disappeared brought memories. I love you dad,Continue to rest.
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Ijawwomaninoyo: 7:36pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ykc2:
Who ever wrote this is a tribalist ,how can you say Volkswagen is know as ijapa?so if one get to owerri Enugu onitsha aba calabar ph warri Volkswagen is called ijapa there? angry angry angryplease lagos is not the only state in Nigeria if you come to ph they dont know what is Fuji music but in lagos other southerners might know about it dont use to as a yardstick

Go drink cold water, this is 2020!
The car is called Tortoise because of its shape, Tortoise in Yoruba is Ijapa.
Primary School books always tell Tortoise stories, so the name Ijapa is used more.
Some even know it as Tortis not knowing it is Tortoise.
Volkswagen is clearly written in the title, Ijapa is in bracket but not vice versa.
The year is still new.

2 Likes

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 04, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

If Innoson makes a cheap car like beetle, amidst the prevailing economic conditions, will you buy or you will still prefer toks Camry?
I will gladly buy. That's what my grouse has been with the Nigerian society.... We want to enjoy leading civilization vehicles in a century backwards nation... It's only going to lead to great catastrophe.. do you know that South Africa still produces Toyota Corolla cricket? And even Citi Golf cars?
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 04, 2020
profilemessages:
To me even the old model is even more beautiful than the new one, Volkswagen beetle, bend down let me spit, yerinbeto!!!
Ojo npa oloore
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 04, 2020
Gbemishile1:
This car was dope back in the days
He travelled to England on a course sponsored by the company he was working for back then, leaving mum with two kids.when he came back,he realised my mum hadn't touched a penny of his salary for the 2-3 years he had been away.
He used the large sum of money to buy his first car-beetle Volkswagen
Do you have any sister like your mom? I am interested.
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Ykc2(m): 8:13pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Go drink cold water, this is 2020!
The car is called Tortoise because of its shape, Tortoise in Yoruba is Ijapa.
Primary School books always tell Tortoise stories, so the name Ijapa is used more.
Some even know it as Tortis not knowing it is Tortoise.
Volkswagen is clearly written in the title, Ijapa is in bracket but not vice versa.
The year is still new.
ok in the east is called mbe we dont know what is ijapa ,take this your am better them attitude out of this forum angry angry
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:17pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ykc2:
ok in the east is called mbe we dont know what is ijapa ,take this your am better them attitude out of this forum angry angry

If the writer is from the East, he should have put mbe in the bracket.
Stop looking for issues where there's non.
Take this your sense of marginalization and tribalism out of this forum.
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by UKkev: 8:19pm On Jan 04, 2020
Tortis car grin grin
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by angrykids(m): 8:44pm On Jan 04, 2020
Just like Toyota corrolla of our days
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by samdede(m): 8:47pm On Jan 04, 2020
This is a sweet concept!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Would You Buy This Joystick & Butt-Shaped Car? (Photos) / Best Cars For Transportation Business In Nigeria / Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.