Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,299 members, 7,954,192 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:54 PM

Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video (62839 Views)

The Production Of The Volkswagen Beetle Ends Today / Old 1966 Volkswagen Beetle Transformed By Nigerian Man (Photos) / This Is Not The Regular Volkswagen Beetle; It Has Been Customized For Offroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by calabaman(m): 8:59pm On Jan 04, 2020
Who put onions in my eyes!

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by dfrost: 9:05pm On Jan 04, 2020
WildChild00:
In the year 1982 I could remember driving that makinna grin

shocked shocked tongue '82... Jeez
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by tosyne2much(m): 9:06pm On Jan 04, 2020
This car is a legend!

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Ykc2(m): 9:21pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ijawwomaninoyo:

If the writer is from the East, he should have put mbe in the bracket.
Stop looking for issues where there's non.
Take this your sense of marginalization and tribalism out of this forum.
200 million nigerians call beetle car ijapa? may you continue to lie till the world end angry angry angry angry
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Neddyogu(m): 9:23pm On Jan 04, 2020
Good bye to Adolf Hitler's car. Peoples' wagon Volkswagen.
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by easytalking23(m): 10:10pm On Jan 04, 2020
gone are those days that I pray to acquire this ijapa car but now glory be to God ....
my prayers is now Benz
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by damosky12(m): 10:56pm On Jan 04, 2020
sLentlover7778:
Hope EFE (Aki) of The Johnson will finally sell his own beetle car... grin grin grin

He has sold it for crap since. That's what he sold to get himself into the hostel.

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Toni19: 11:23pm On Jan 04, 2020
And Nigeria is still struggling with electricity, water and good governance.
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Akachestores(m): 11:53pm On Jan 04, 2020
That ride don te ooo, legendary
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by TruthinAction: 1:12am On Jan 05, 2020
tck2000:
Innoson over to you.Give us a cheap beetle car and we would gladly buy especially for first time drivers!

Innosun beetle will be be cheaper than 5 million naira. This is the problem with made in Nigeria products including rice. Nigerians are too greedy of gains. We should learn how to produce things at affordable prices. I don't see any reason why imported products of much higher quality will still be cheaper than that produced on Nigeria even after the import duties.
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by samteebiz3: 1:51am On Jan 05, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Do people still use it?

Should I get you one?
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Kyllahmc(m): 1:55am On Jan 05, 2020
A305:
Old news, All thanks to the late Adolf Hitler, He was the brain behind this car. But today, That CHEAP 09 corrolla on my page is the beetle of today.
lol love your marketing strategy... God bless your hustle man

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by englishmart(m): 4:34am On Jan 05, 2020
tosyne2much:
This car is a legend!
My man, Tosyne. Longest time

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by A305: 6:05am On Jan 05, 2020
Kyllahmc:
lol love your marketing strategy... God bless your hustle man
Thanks sir. Happy New Year.
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by jjlala: 7:11am On Jan 05, 2020
I love this video
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Kakamorufu(m): 7:20am On Jan 05, 2020
Chai. we rocked this car that year
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Andrewkinggg: 7:49am On Jan 05, 2020
This car brings back old memories...
I remember sleeping in the back seat of his car whenever he is driving..
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 05, 2020
Smartchoiice:

I will gladly buy. That's what my grouse has been with the Nigerian society.... We want to enjoy leading civilization vehicles in a century backwards nation... It's only going to lead to great catastrophe.. do you know that South Africa still produces Toyota Corolla cricket? And even Citi Golf cars?

Thats not true

In 12 Nov 2009 Volkswagen South Africa has ended production of the Golf Mk I model in South Africa and announced that a limited edition of 1,000 Citi Mk1's (based on the Golf I) will be made as a commemorative series for 1 year.

South africa last produced that Toyota in the 90s

Who's giving you this false information
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 05, 2020
Austine1213:

Thats not true

In 12 Nov 2009 Volkswagen South Africa has ended production of the Golf Mk I model in South Africa and announced that a limited edition of 1,000 Citi Mk1's (based on the Golf I) will be made as a commemorative series for 1 year.

South africa last produced that Toyota in the 90s

Who's giving you this false information
Oga you don't live in their townships to see the kind of cars they drive in mint conditions.
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 05, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Oga you don't live in their townships to see the kind of cars they drive in mint conditions.

Thats attributed to the maintenance culture in SA, most people who drive those are part of a certain club

I live in a village though it had all the developments and infrastructure of a town smiley

N people drive the the golf 6, golf 7, the polo, Mercedes, New BMWs, Kia etc
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 05, 2020
Austine1213:

Thats attributed to the maintenance culture in SA, most people who drive those are part of a certain club

I live in a village though it had all the developments and infrastructure of a town smiley

N people drive the the golf 6, golf 7, the polo, Mercedes, New BMWs, Kia etc
Yeah you're right...I also wonder what reckless maintenance culture we have..... Drive the 1990 Corolla and watch people come for you here.... Meanwhile we can't really afford the kind of cars we buy....
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 05, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Yeah you're right...I also wonder what reckless maintenance culture we have..... Drive the 1990 Corolla and watch people come for you here.... Meanwhile we can't really afford the kind of cars we buy....

People come for you?

Where do you live
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by dederocs(m): 10:04am On Jan 05, 2020
Classic
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 05, 2020
Austine1213:

People come for you?

Where do you live
Simple English. Not German. Quote me with understanding and humility. Or else you'd be ignored
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by midform(m): 10:44am On Jan 05, 2020
foliman:
Who else got emotional?
I almost cry

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by xcommando(m): 11:03am On Jan 05, 2020
[quote author=tosyne2much post=85505335]This car is a legend!

Longest time boss
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Crochet: 11:10am On Jan 05, 2020
This was my first car Early 80's , I still have it packed in my garage and sometimes I drive it around town occasionally though.
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by PHIPEX(m): 12:11pm On Jan 05, 2020
Laaaooolu:
Almost every family used the car in the 1990s
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by fisherboy: 12:27pm On Jan 05, 2020
Y0rubaPrince:
They will still build it someday in future and sell it very costly

trust oyibo na if it will not make the most costly car for that year
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by mechanics(m): 12:33pm On Jan 05, 2020
The vehicle has really tried.
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Ijawwomaninoyo: 1:06pm On Jan 05, 2020
Ykc2:
200 million nigerians call beetle car ijapa? may you continue to lie till the world end angry angry angry angry

You don't understand English Language or you have problems with comprehension?
The car looks like a Tortoise which means Ijapa in Yoruba language so a lot of people in Yoruba land call it Ijapa or Tortis.
200 million people live in Yoruba land? Did I quote figures? Did I quote Nigerian s or Yoruba land?
Did you not read it that the writer is probably from Yoruba land?
What does it mean to put a word in a bracket?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Would You Buy This Joystick & Butt-Shaped Car? (Photos) / Best Cars For Transportation Business In Nigeria / Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.