Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,447 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? (21386 Views)

Highest JAMB Score In History Of Nigeria And 2018 / Can I Study Doctor In OAU With 106 JAMB Score?: Guy Asks; Gets Hilarious Replies / Is This The Highest Score So Far At The Ongoing Jamb?… Checkout This Jamb Score (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by 16yearsold: 9:15pm On Jan 04, 2020
I am yet to write my JAMB but some kind of fear has gotten to me, due to the bad stories I heard from past jamb participants.

I was planning to read through the textbooks but a friend of mine who also Read through His textbook could only archive a score of 183 and he is intelligent, some also said jamb is Hard.

So I Will like advice from old jambites to please give me advice to archive a high jamb score. My school of choice is UNIBEN (Computer Engineering).

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by shilenji(m): 9:45pm On Jan 04, 2020
he glanced through textbook is different from he read through textbook

you meant glanced there is no way you READ and you get below 250
during my time I was only able to read chemistry ND biology through and I negleted eng ND physics due to laziness but reading those two alone got me above 280, so my bro read to understand and ask questions, if you are writing biology ND chemistry, I am willing to help you, not expo o I mean if you have any topic you don't understand ask me I will explain and I will also teach you how to answer jamb questions reach me 09073004838

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by FlordFlorez(m): 10:21pm On Jan 04, 2020
Well both aren't strong enough. Glancing through a textbook is not exam friendly. Reading is meant for genius or those that had studied hard before. They just want to update their head and in the process they might get new things or new way to get what they already had. Finally, studying is met for those that practically have no knowledge about the subject matter or those that want high score/result of the subject matter at the end of the exam. Me as an example, i started my reading on 02/01/2020 with Biology. I made sure i read atleast 3-4 topics per day. Today, im at topic 11, Cell and its structure. I plan to finish Biology by next week. Remember, i read and not study cause i already know what im reading. I'm only undating them.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by flames007(m): 1:36am On Jan 05, 2020
16yearsold:
I am yet to write my jamb but some kind of fear has gotten to me, due to the bad stories I heard from past jamb participants.
I was planning to read through the textbooks but a friend of mine who also Read through His textbook could only archive a score of 183 and he is intelligent, some also said jamb is hard .
So I Will like advice from old jambite to please give me advice to archive a high jamb score. My school of choice is uniben(computer engineering).

Lalasticlala
Richiez
ok,so I 277 and the technique I used was simple and stressless.Don't just read textbooks, STUDY PAST QUESTIONS very very well.the more the better because at this point you can't gain much from reading textbooks again because of the closeness of the exam so the only purpose a textbook should serve should be as a guide and reference to what you've read/known.
Goodluck!!

20 Likes

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by lilbarracuda(m): 4:12pm On Jan 05, 2020
it's best you use a text book ,any of the recommended ones for jamb and read according to the jamb syllabus. if you have enough time test yourself with the past questions.

9 Likes

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 05, 2020
Study your textbooks (especially the ones recommended by JAMB) intensively and after studying any topic, go through a good JAMB past questions booklet and try to find and solve (or learn) all or most questions under the topic and any other type of questions which might come in that form.

If you do this for all topics in all your JAMB subjects, the exam would be very easy and that's how I scaled through. wink

DON'T TRY TO CRAM PAST QUESTIONS ELSE IT WOULD END IN TEARS. DON'T.

5 Likes

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:37pm On Jan 05, 2020
I am yet to write my JAMB but some kind of fear has gotten to me, due to the bad stories I heard from past jamb participants.
DO NOT BE SCARED OR AFRAID.
Face it, read prepare for it and you will come out in flying colors.

Reading strategies differs for an individual....

Some read all nights long.
Some read only in the day time.
Some read under the sound of loud music and it won't disturb them (weird!).
Some do not like any type of sound when they read.
Some read with loads of candies and chocolates while reading (like some of us @[color=#006600][/color] do!)
Some like reading on empty tummy.
Some read only under a reading lamp.

So it really all depends.
It's relative.

All the best to you guys preparing for the examination.
Go and Excel.

The below image will help you a great deal also.......

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 05, 2020
16yearsold:

I was planning to read through the textbooks but a friend of mine who also Read through His textbook could only archive a score of 183 and he is intelligent, some also said jamb is Hard.

So I Will like advice from old jambites to please give me advice to archive a high jamb score. My school of choice is UNIBEN (Computer Engineering).

I dont think at this point reading only textbooks will help

Jamb is about speed and problem questions

Most times you will know the answer to the question but you might fail it.

My advice to you is that practice past questions. Get a tutorial app and keep on improving on your speed in answering tricky questions. Textbook helps but reduce reading textbooks to 40%

Practice more!

After you have answered everything, if theres time go through all the answers you can go through with the remaining time. Do not be in a hurry to leave the exam hall. Most times we fail questions we know because we fail to calm down and understand.

1 Like

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by OKOATA(m): 6:37pm On Jan 05, 2020
grin when I did mine didn't bother to read, there was no CBT center so It was very easy for me to carry expo. I got 240 Sha.

3 Likes

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by redpencil: 6:37pm On Jan 05, 2020
1.) I make sure I read what is within the Syllabus.
2.) I read consistently and thoroughly, without omitting detail
3.) I used CBT App. (Download link in Bio, It is not free)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by DigitalLogic: 6:37pm On Jan 05, 2020
the best strategy to win the WWIII against JAMB is by prayer and fasting backed up with intense study.

1 Like

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by printmediaonlin: 6:37pm On Jan 05, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

shocked

Your friend wasn't destined for education, d major reason he scored low in JAMB.
And they say show me ur friend nd I will tell u who u ar cos birds a feather flocks together.
I will advise u nd ur friend should start selling vegetables nd garri at Uselu market or Oba market.
No need wasting ur money in education that u were not meant for

1 Like

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by MJBOLT: 6:38pm On Jan 05, 2020
solve past questions repeatedly,each year JAMB repeat questions.

1 Like

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by czarina(f): 6:38pm On Jan 05, 2020
Mjbolt said it all. They repeat questions like their lives depends on it.

3 Likes

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by GeneralPula: 6:38pm On Jan 05, 2020
I didn’t even bother to read for jamb!

We don know wetin we wan go write before entering the hall! wink
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Bobbystanley(m): 6:38pm On Jan 05, 2020
Go register at a Miracle centre and thank me Later.

Jamb really Dealt with some of us oo
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Richdad50(m): 6:38pm On Jan 05, 2020
shocked

Jambites make the loudest noise on this forum.
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Loaner: 6:38pm On Jan 05, 2020
GET STARTED TODAY , WE ARE AVAILABLE 24HRS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by stevenson007: 6:39pm On Jan 05, 2020
Me read keh,

I was just lucky to sit near a brainy boy..

So he was trying to be smart and I was smarter I only looked once onto his system and grabbed the answers.

Although that was in Physics alone...

I just used common sense to answer all the questions Jamb is not difficult naah! Just pass at once.

I didn't even open one literature jamb said we should read.

I just go to the exam hall to click on the answer and pass. No time at all..
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by lonelydora: 6:39pm On Jan 05, 2020
Cram all the past questions especially in English Language
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by chicoMX(m): 6:39pm On Jan 05, 2020
Texts I used during my time.
Essential, comprehensive and New school physics (I finished all 3 before my exams). I would recommend New school physics (because it is JAMB's standard).
For chemistry I used New school chemistry, For mathematics I used New general Mathematics 1,2,3. Project 1 only.
For English I read newspapers, the recommended novels etc.

I registered for tutorial classes , and every night from 11-4am I would open my textbook and study. I practice with jamb past questions too, I time myself when practicing.

4 Likes

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Onnasucs1(m): 6:39pm On Jan 05, 2020
I didn't read.

A night to the exam, I glanced through past questions. That was all

In the morning, I rubbed anointing oil on my pen and hands. Paid the bus fare of an old woman sitting beside me in the bus while I was going for the exam.

And whooops, I got 236 and it gave me the admission.

PS: I was going through alot at that time of my life(toughest moment of my life). I couldn't just concentrate on reading. I just had to lean on God and he showed up.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Ayoswit(f): 6:39pm On Jan 05, 2020
K
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Ayoswit(f): 6:39pm On Jan 05, 2020
Key point cool
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by redpencil: 6:40pm On Jan 05, 2020
Reading at night
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Pavore9: 6:40pm On Jan 05, 2020
Follow the Jamb syllabus and revise with the past questions.

1 Like

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by BambiBliss(f): 6:42pm On Jan 05, 2020
[s]
post=85530180:

DO NOT BE SCARED OR AFRAID.
Face it, read prepare for it and you will come out in flying colors.

Reading strategies differs for an individual....

Some read all nights long.
Some read only in the day time.
Some read under the sound of loud music and it won't disturb them (weird!).
Some do not like any type of sound when they read.
Some read with loads of candies and chocolates while reading (like some of us @[color=#006600][/color] do!)
Some like reading on empty tummy.
Some read only under a reading lamp.

So it really all depends.
It's relative.

All the best to you guys preparing for the examination.
Go and Excel.
[/s]
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Flexzy360(m): 6:42pm On Jan 05, 2020
Read and watch ur timing dats all
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by donbrowser(m): 6:42pm On Jan 05, 2020
Check the syllabus

Read everything about the topic from the textbook

Attempt all questions related to the topic in the past questions

Work more on the areas I failed.

Move to the next topic.
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by MedicH: 6:42pm On Jan 05, 2020
Aggressive reading. 2 diff textbooks for physics, back to back solve all problems at end of chapter then solve all past questions in my subjects and score 279. God admitted in 2012 grad in 2019.

P.s. for my English i read 2 new York times best sellers which taught me the real use of English.

3 Likes

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by montumonami(m): 6:42pm On Jan 05, 2020
Is prayer a reading technique?
redpencil:
Check Signature for CBT App

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Preparing For Gmat And Graduate School in The US / John Momoh Appointed Interim Chairman UNILAG Governing Council / JAMB Effectively Scraps Scratch Cards, Redesigns Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.