Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? (21183 Views)

What Can He Study With This JAMB Score? / Can I Study Doctor In OAU With 106 JAMB Score?: Guy Asks; Gets Hilarious Replies / Is This The Highest Score So Far At The Ongoing Jamb?… Checkout This Jamb Score (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Uyi168: 6:44pm On Jan 05, 2020
post=85530180:

DO NOT BE SCARED OR AFRAID.
Face it, read prepare for it and you will come out in flying colors.

Reading strategies differs for an individual....

Some read all nights long.
Some read only in the day time.
Some read under the sound of loud music and it won't disturb them (weird!).
Some do not like any type of sound when they read.
Some read with loads of candies and chocolates while reading (like some of us @[color=#006600][/color] do!)
Some like reading on empty tummy.
Some read only under a reading lamp.

So it really all depends.
It's relative.

All the best to you guys preparing for the examination.
Go and Excel.
Make this guy nor go kolo las las ooo
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Angelfrost(m): 6:44pm On Jan 05, 2020
Just allow secondary school properly pass through you... Be passionate about your studies and education, you will see that jamb is far easier than rumored!!!

Jamb is not setting questions outside basic secondary school curriculum.

1 Like

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by smartbezzy12(m): 6:45pm On Jan 05, 2020
mine was..buy form . do registration head sweet 16,, because I thought it corrupt wait till exam day and scored above my cut off score I can't kill myself because of reading
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by adeiza4u(m): 6:46pm On Jan 05, 2020
16yearsold:
I am yet to write my JAMB but some kind of fear has gotten to me, due to the bad stories I heard from past jamb participants.

I was planning to read through the textbooks but a friend of mine who also Read through His textbook could only archive a score of 183 and he is intelligent, some also said jamb is Hard.

So I Will like advice from old jambites to please give me advice to archive a high jamb score. My school of choice is UNIBEN (Computer Engineering).

Don't be scared of the exam except you want to fail. It's not hard as portrayed by your friends or mates. Just pray to your God. And read through jamb past questions THOROUGHLY. That is exactly what I did in 2015 and got a good score of 244 despite the fact I was devasted by the loss of my mum four days to the exam. God has got your back! Rely on Him and go kill that Exam. Wishing you good luck.
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by miclef86(m): 6:46pm On Jan 05, 2020
The best strategy is to buy jamb past questions paper and the required necessary text books on the subjects that you want to write.

Forget all these extra moral lessons or Jamb classes that most schools undertake. Believe you me I wrote jamb four times and attended the jamb extra moral lessons but believe you me...while I was attending the lessons I wasn't focusing on their teaching but behaving like I was on Campus already.

The best is past questions papers make sure you go through it thoroughly and mark yourself...compare the answers be doing it repeatedly. Eventually I was even correcting some of the answers with the help of the text books because their answers is not 100% all correct.
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by redpencil: 6:47pm On Jan 05, 2020
montumonami:
Is prayer a reading technique?
Yes o

1 Like

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Cocao(f): 6:48pm On Jan 05, 2020
If you can finish at least 10 years worth of past questions, over and over again, you will do very fine.

Jamb is an exam of strategy.

You need to be able to understand how to crack it
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by eitsei(m): 6:50pm On Jan 05, 2020
everyone has different reading techniques that works for them.. what I did during my time was reading summary textbooks like lamlad series for each subjects, I called them summary textbooks because they treated only the important parts of every topic, very concise and straightforward and I made sure I practiced all the questions under each topic in the textbooks and also made use of jamb past questions.. and with the grace of God I got 221, this was in 2013 and there was mass failure this year and it was the first time CBT was used
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by anochuko01(m): 6:52pm On Jan 05, 2020
Na you go know wetin dey best for you.

As for me, I study on empty stomach. But I sometimes take Lipton tea.
I take short breaks at intervals.
If I want to commit things to memory, I do that while walking around the room. I could go hours doing that, with breaks in between though. That's when I enter gear 5.

Your past question and recommended text books. And stay away from phone.
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Topmaike007(m): 6:53pm On Jan 05, 2020
16yearsold:
I am yet to write my JAMB but some kind of fear has gotten to me, due to the bad stories I heard from past jamb participants.

I was planning to read through the textbooks but a friend of mine who also Read through His textbook could only archive a score of 183 and he is intelligent, some also said jamb is Hard.

So I Will like advice from old jambites to please give me advice to archive a high jamb score. My school of choice is UNIBEN (Computer Engineering).

just make sure you solve past questions to the point if you see any repeated question you can say the year it was first set and the answer,.. Make sure you memorise them well 3 months will do

You can try from 2004-2017 in all your 4 subjects
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Loris576(m): 6:53pm On Jan 05, 2020
I really read those subjects i was not too good in and paid attention to my strongholds too.I did some cbt practice to make myself familiar with the environment . Also one other thing is i detached myself from the result when doing this as it makes one more tense( dont be under pressure) .I thank God it paid off
scored 313

7 Likes

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by HMZi: 6:56pm On Jan 05, 2020
I made sure I never went to bed without reading for at least an hour.Past questions are really helpful,they guide and ease the tension of exams...I scored 287

1 Like

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by backtalkG(m): 6:57pm On Jan 05, 2020
check my signature, contact me on WhatsApp let me send u a software that contains all jamb CBT based exam since inception plus waec
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Brunosamel(m): 6:58pm On Jan 05, 2020
Introduction to CBT was the best thing to happen to me after 3 foiled attempt..... I bought a CBT software and start practising every morning and night.... That was how I conquered jamb with 250.... Gaining admission that year....

1 Like

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Parablesonmarble: 6:59pm On Jan 05, 2020
Apart from good study plan you adopt, discipline and dedication plus grace are key to good grades in all and every exam. Restrict your social time strictly to alloted few hours per day and make your study your best friend that you dedicate a minimum of 4 hours per day to, giving it all the concentration you'll give a woman you just fell in love with. You'll be surprised how your books will fall in love with you too and a minimum of 300 will be waiting for you.

1 Like

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by MeLissa74: 7:00pm On Jan 05, 2020
Hmmmm...So people actually read for Jamb? lol. Me that hated reading then. I can't kill myself. Don't even know how I passed and secured admission

1 Like

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Edoziesmart(m): 7:01pm On Jan 05, 2020
I aggressive read my book like there is no tomorrow only for post utme to humble me.
I wrote jamb twice just to study professional course in one of the best universities in Nigeria yet post utme humble me.

So my third time of writing jamb, I didn't bother reading anything. I Just glared through my textbook once in a week and pass well. Though I later settle for state university of tech. And they gave me admission on merit.

Last last I'm a graduate.
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Godi25(m): 7:04pm On Jan 05, 2020
It took me 5 years to overcome jamb but one of the tools I used was registering with www.myschool.ng site... That site will help you a lot in achieving high score in jamb.
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by MeLissa74: 7:06pm On Jan 05, 2020
MeLissa74:
Hmmmm...So people actually read for Jamb? lol. Me that hated reading then. I can't kill myself. Don't even know how I passed and secured admission
My lowest post utme score was even when I read like my life depended on it. I gave up.
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by jovialswag(m): 7:11pm On Jan 05, 2020
I'm the type that loves pressing phone so one faithful day i saw a site myschool.ng and I registered (paid 1k then) to God be the glory I scored 222.
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 05, 2020
Buy past questions for all the subjects you will do and try solving like 10 yrs or 15. yrs. Use textbooks with the past questions so that if you fail a particular question you will read up about it from the textbooks.
In My Opinion lessons are really necessary cos most times they distract you rather you learning
I didn't use lessons and I got 278 and 282 both times I wrote jamb so just have the right mindset and study hard.
I wish you best of luck

1 Like

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by worldclass68(m): 7:12pm On Jan 05, 2020
BABA DADA CAC.....if you know u know cool
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Stan2330(m): 7:13pm On Jan 05, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Well both aren't strong enough. Glancing through a textbook is not exam friendly. Reading is meant for genius or those that had studied hard before. They just want to update their head and in the process they might get new things or new way to get what they already had. Finally, studying is met for those that practically have no knowledge about the subject matter or those that want high score/result of the subject matter at the end of the exam. Me as an example, i started my reading on 02/01/2020 with Biology. I made sure i read atleast 3-4 topics per day. Today, im at topic 11, Cell and its structure. I plan to finish Biology by next week. Remember, i read and not study cause i already know what im reading. I'm only undating them.

Let me assist you with this information
You cannot say you have read, if u can't answer past questions...so what you will do is take ur textbook, write down the topics in a book then bring jamb past questions and arrange the questions according to their topics...when u are done reading and can answer the questions then you have read
It has been helping me for ages... success to you
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by stanliwise(m): 7:16pm On Jan 05, 2020
16yearsold:

There is nothing like strategy... Think of it deeply... if you fail a question in jamb it is because you somehow didn't understand the question or you haven't seen that kind of question, or you forgot how to solve it, or you made a small error or worst of all you lack the background knowledge to answer such question.
Aside this there is hardly anything that make anyone fail a question.

so get all your textbooks for the four subject, study every topic you sincerely don't understand. pick up your past question and see how much you understand the questions and how to solve them.

Preparation is all about understanding.and perfecting your knowledge and skillset for what comes your way. the easy strategy is to understand how things work. avoid cramming at all cost except when it is time for exams.

prepare months and months before your exams so as to allow you digest all sort of understanding you need. Read things slowly and deeply until you can visualize what every concept is saying.
if you can't explain something to a six years old, it means you don't understand it yourself.

1 Like

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by ManuelMount(m): 7:17pm On Jan 05, 2020
16yearsold:

I

I READ the subjects I knew well bio and chem and glanced the rest .English is easier normally

Now am resuming uniben 2moro

God's grace
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by abdullkabar(m): 7:19pm On Jan 05, 2020
Praying to God and
A consistent reading from 2-5pm and 12-4am.
Read my textbooks kpali to kpali, finishing it like 5 different times.
Buying a textbook of mainly calculations and finishing that one too, kpali to kpali like 5 times.
Buying and finishing my past questions kpali to kpali like 5 times
And finally praying to God again
I also did a lot of googling too
I read for over 4 months.
I scored 295 DT year, got 234 in Oau post utme
Unfortunately, wasn't given admission.

Note: life doesn't revolve around book
Las las, na money we all need
(Folo my style with caution)
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by ManuelMount(m): 7:19pm On Jan 05, 2020
16yearsold:

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by BambiBliss(f): 7:21pm On Jan 05, 2020
[s]
Edoziesmart:
I aggressive read my book like there is no tomorrow only for post utme to humble me.
I wrote jamb twice just to study professional course in one of the best universities in Nigeria yet post utme humble me.

So my third time of writing jamb, I didn't bother reading anything. I Just glared through my textbook once in a week and pass well. Though I later settle for state university of tech. And they gave me admission on merit.

Last last I'm a graduate.
[/s]
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by OvaSabi1(f): 7:23pm On Jan 05, 2020
chicoMX:
Texts I used during my time.
Essential, comprehensive and New school physics (I finished all 3 before my exams). I would recommend New school physics (because it is JAMB's standard).
For chemistry I used New school chemistry, For mathematics I used New general Mathematics 1,2,3. Project 1 only.
For English I read newspapers, the recommended novels etc.

I registered for tutorial classes , and every night from 11-4am I would open my textbook and study. I practice with jamb past questions too, I time myself when practicing.

What was your score?
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by nairaarea: 7:23pm On Jan 05, 2020
Get a JAMB Practice App and be rest assured of high grades.

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by bindukwe(m): 7:24pm On Jan 05, 2020
2 strategies.

Read and understand the various textbooks.

Or...

Study the past questions for patterns.
Find recurring questions and read about them.

Put yourself under a speed test with the past questions.
You can target 30secs per question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2016 Lasu Post-utme Screeening Problem : Latest Official Update By The Mgt / Sexual Misconduct: OAU, UNIABUJA Dismiss Four Profs, 14 Others / Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.