Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? (21186 Views)

What Can He Study With This JAMB Score? / Can I Study Doctor In OAU With 106 JAMB Score?: Guy Asks; Gets Hilarious Replies / Is This The Highest Score So Far At The Ongoing Jamb?… Checkout This Jamb Score (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by OvaSabi1(f): 7:25pm On Jan 05, 2020
abdullkabar:
Praying to God and
A consistent reading from 2-5pm and 12-4am.
Read my textbooks kpali to kpali, finishing it like 5 different times.
Buying a textbook of mainly calculations and finishing that one too, kpali to kpali like 5 times.
Buying and finishing my past questions kpali to kpali like 5 times
And finally praying to God again
I also did a lot of googling too
I scored 295 DT year, got 234 in Oau post utme
Unfortunately, wasn't given admission.

Note: life doesn't revolve around book
Las las, na money we all need
(Folo my style with caution)

That's a very high score that went to waste. What course and university were you seeking? What did you later study?
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by TerryMcGinis(m): 7:26pm On Jan 05, 2020
shilenji:
he glanced through textbook is different from he read through textbook

you meant glanced there is no way you READ and you get below 250
during my time I was only able to read chemistry ND biology through and I negleted eng ND physics due to laziness but reading those two alone got me above 280, so my bro read to understand and ask questions, if you are writing biology ND chemistry, I am willing to help you, not expo o I mean if you have any topic you don't understand ask me I will explain and I will also teach you how to answer jamb questions reach me 09073004838
bros I fit reach you self biko? cry
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by stone350(m): 7:27pm On Jan 05, 2020

2 Likes

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 05, 2020
• Textbooks / Google / many jamb preparation websites too for the possible questions to come out.
• I reviewed the past questions of the 4 subjects I was to do from year 2003 till the year I was writing the exam. Each page of the subjects and every questions in the years.

A night before jamb. I reviewed the 4 subjects past questions again from year 2003_Exam year.
6pm - 5am exam day.
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by gowonmaharajah(m): 7:36pm On Jan 05, 2020
Had 265 in my first jamb.and what served as help was the tutorial I enrolled in.my teachers were all good so due to that effect it really helped me. And one other thing is that,leave no stone unturned.I.e cover all aspects in ur subjects.

Buh as regards ur friend that got below 200,I guess he didn't read at all.he only skimmed through the book.
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by shilenji(m): 7:36pm On Jan 05, 2020
TerryMcGinis:
bros I fit reach you self biko? cry
I am open to all me myself I am learning through it
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Alexaonfleek: 7:38pm On Jan 05, 2020
post=85530180:

DO NOT BE SCARED OR AFRAID.
Face it, read prepare for it and you will come out in flying colors.

Reading strategies differs for an individual....

Some read all nights long.
Some read only in the day time.
Some read under the sound of loud music and it won't disturb them (weird!).
Some do not like any type of sound when they read.
[/b]Some read with loads of candies and chocolates while reading (like some of us @[b][color=#006600][/color] do!)[b][/b]
Some like reading on empty tummy.
Some read only under a reading lamp.

So it really all depends.
It's relative.

All the best to you guys preparing for the examination.
Go and Excel.

The below image will help you a great deal also.......
wtf dude
Are u going on a date or what?
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by abdullkabar(m): 7:38pm On Jan 05, 2020
OvaSabi1:

That's a very high score that went to waste. What course and university were you seeking? What did you later study?
I was seeking medicine then, in Obafemi Awolowo university
Later studied microbiology in the same university.

2 Likes

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by ScienceIncarnate: 7:42pm On Jan 05, 2020
The best way is to attend Ultimate Science Academy (USA)
The tutorial centre is located at Mayfair, Ile Ife.
There is accommodation for distant students and their tutors are hot like hell, especially the founder.
You may contact USA on 08146190148

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by ComradeShegs(m): 7:44pm On Jan 05, 2020
Past Q did it for me. 255
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by div111(m): 7:44pm On Jan 05, 2020
Dude I strongly recommend that u study past questions very well especially English because u can score higher in English.

look for a good tutorial center and enroll in it.
That was what helped me. Also read very well and pray ooooo.

That was what helped me. I wrote jamb last yr and I scored 294. I also scored 320 in p.utme.

my sincere advice: study past questions. thanks

1 Like

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 05, 2020
16yearsold:
I am yet to write my JAMB but some kind of fear has gotten to me, due to the bad stories I heard from past jamb participants.

I was planning to read through the textbooks but a friend of mine who also Read through His textbook could only archive a score of 183 and he is intelligent, some also said jamb is Hard.

So I Will like advice from old jambites to please give me advice to archive a high jamb score. My school of choice is UNIBEN (Computer Engineering).

Be consistent in reading that's all . Another secret is writing mathematics . Mathematics is the simplest subject . I scored 89 during my time .you can easily score high mark in mathematics without much reading unlike other courses . My colleague scored 94 back then.
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Clinghton: 7:54pm On Jan 05, 2020
they develop chicken heart when it comes to education, but are confident when it comes to slay and sex. Lol
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Oyerinde16(m): 8:03pm On Jan 05, 2020
Read past questions from 2015 to 2019 for your 3 subjects excluding English which is compulsory... If you are an average student you can make BTW 55-65 in English, then hit high scores like 65-80 in the other 3 subjects which will put you around 280-300... You will later discover the past questions are the same but recycled, by the time you read and answer through 3 years, you will read an question and already know the answer before going through the options, during my time I read more than 8 years past Q n A later on as soon as I start reading the question I already know the answer, I will just browse the the options for the correct answer... I scored 298... It pained me I did not hot 300...
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 05, 2020
OoniOfIfe:
shocked sometimes I wonder if you are a human or just an idol

Your friend wasn't destined for education, d major reason he scored low in JAMB.
And they say show me ur friend nd I will tell u who u ar cos birds a feather flocks together.
I will advise u nd ur friend should start selling vegetables nd garri at Uselu market or Oba market.
No need wasting ur money in education that u were not meant for
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by wiseGD: 8:15pm On Jan 05, 2020
Reading strategy?
By the time one has written both WASSCE and SSCE, you have already covered your scheme/everything you've been taught for exam purposes.

My strategy?
I attended JAMB classes.
But the most important....Read past question papers- not just one year or two but year by year by year.
On exam day? Got a very pleasant shock- you wouldn't believe I was writing an exam...smiling from the beginning till the end.
Why?
Saw a good number of the past questions I studied... I mean up to 15-20 EXACTLY as they were in the past question paper for each subject.
My success?
I did not disregard the importance of past questions solving/running through as many as I could.

What JAMB is after isn't how intelligent you are BUT how fast you are with your brain in limited time.
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by naijaschoolguru(m): 8:21pm On Jan 05, 2020
Richdad50:
shocked

Jambites make the loudest noise on this forum.
That's not the bone of contention
Richdad, you of all people?
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by cavendishbaba(m): 8:30pm On Jan 05, 2020
Try this tutorial center, they can work magic, with high scores guaranteed. Though, your own effort is also required.

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by chicoMX(m): 8:38pm On Jan 05, 2020
OvaSabi1:

What was your score?
I had 257 cbt

1 Like

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Nooneonline(m): 8:48pm On Jan 05, 2020
OK with the Help of God and some time and self discipline I read from 7 in the morning till 1pm then from 4 to 7 every day. I figured if jamb has been setting questions from the 1970s till date there is nothing new they can set in exams anymore so I read each past question booklet from beginning to the very last year. Two months of preparation. Read one subject a week. Four weeks in a month four subjects. 5 to 7 years a day per subject. And prayers of course. No lectures or tutor, No curriculum to guide me still managed 274 as my jamb score. I did all this cos i left the school system for long( from 2012 till last year i no open one book ) one thing u need to know which is my mantra is SUCCESS IS predictable, If u have no idea about something study it. Studying it and having a little knowledge about it reduces guessing and most importantly failure. So goodluck man.

2 Likes

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Originalsly: 8:52pm On Jan 05, 2020
With exams so near.... you should be revising now.... reading to refresh your memory. What worked for me is group study.... have a group of maybe 6 to 10 others... and discuss various topics. You may have a different understanding of a topic than others... but by everybody giving their views in the discussions as a group.... the correct understanding would be reached. It is wayyyy easier for you to understand something discussed and argued over from sooo many angles than reading it on your own. At the exam there is nothing on the topic they can ask you that wasn't discussed. After JAMB..... please contact me privately for us to financially settle this my life changing advice.
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by exco90(m): 8:54pm On Jan 05, 2020
Onnasucs1:
I didn't read.

A night to the exam, I glanced through past questions. That was all

In the morning, I rubbed anointing oil on my pen and hands. Paid the bus fare of an old woman sitting beside me in the bus while I was going for the exam.

And whooops, I got 236 and it gave me the admission.

PS: I was going through alot at that time of my life(toughest moment of my life). I couldn't just concentrate on reading. I just had to lean on God and he showed up.

a very delicate and dangerous advice..
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by aminusodiq(m): 8:58pm On Jan 05, 2020
Know wat is best fr u!!!
I will read d textbook all through,
Jot down the textbook,
Treat past questions,
Revise my jottings bfor exams!!!
With dis tecnique i had alot of 'A' s
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by erjo: 8:59pm On Jan 05, 2020
16yearsold:
I am yet to write my JAMB but some kind of fear has gotten to me, due to the bad stories I heard from past jamb participants.

I was planning to read through the textbooks but a friend of mine who also Read through His textbook could only archive a score of 183 and he is intelligent, some also said jamb is Hard.

So I Will like advice from old jambites to please give me advice to archive a high jamb score. My school of choice is UNIBEN (Computer Engineering).

welcome to my school...Great Uniben.... during my time, I didn't have time to read textbooks because I was working..I even went to work in d morning because my exam was scheduled for 12pm.. center was every close to where I live...all I did was to practice past questions on www.myschool.com.ng once in a while with my phone....thank God I scaled thru.....
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by themaestro08(m): 9:16pm On Jan 05, 2020
shilenji:
he glanced through textbook is different from he read through textbook

you meant glanced there is no way you READ and you get below 250
during my time I was only able to read chemistry ND biology through and I negleted eng ND physics due to laziness but reading those two alone got me above 280, so my bro read to understand and ask questions, if you are writing biology ND chemistry, I am willing to help you, not expo o I mean if you have any topic you don't understand ask me I will explain and I will also teach you how to answer jamb questions reach me 09073004838

This kind gesture is outstanding.

You deserve a standing ovation.
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Godwin5766(m): 9:21pm On Jan 05, 2020
DigitalLogic:
the best strategy to win the WWIII against JAMB is by prayer and fasting backed up with intense study.
bro pls wats d stipulated time for jamb exam
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by DigitalLogic: 9:30pm On Jan 05, 2020
Godwin5766:
bro pls wats d stipulated time for jamb exam

I don't think there is a definite date yet. I hope you have your NIMC?
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by ABCthings: 9:35pm On Jan 05, 2020
Richdad50:
shocked

Jambites make the loudest noise on this forum.
Will you keep kwayet?
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by ABCthings: 9:40pm On Jan 05, 2020
Loris576:
I really read those subjects i was not too good in and paid attention to my strongholds too.I did some cbt practice to make myself familiar with the environment . Also one other thing is i detached myself from the result when doing this as it makes one more tense( dont be under pressure) .I thank God it paid off
scored 313
Were you the best in your school?cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by kolaa007(m): 9:41pm On Jan 05, 2020
Have you gotten your National identification Number (NIN)? Importance of NIN
*International passport
*Jamb Registration
*Government Jobs
*Valid means of ID
*ETC
We help with NIN registration for schools,Organisations Etc.We can come and register and capture Your staffs, students Etc.
Call and whats app on 0 8 0 5 5 3 6 1 5 8 3
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by slimhomiequan(m): 10:10pm On Jan 05, 2020
I swear I no read anything. Just studied few past questions... Computer engineering, final year.
Re: What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? by Nickymichy(m): 10:16pm On Jan 05, 2020
Study past questions very well...u are good to go... Read by studying past questions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sexual Misconduct: OAU, UNIABUJA Dismiss Four Profs, 14 Others / Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? / Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.