Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets (54819 Views)

Kayleigh McEnany Tweets Sinach’s Song'Way Maker' Over Trump, US Election Result / Netanyahu Warns Of ‘resounding Blow’ If Iran Attacks Israel / Iran Attacks US Base, Kills 40 US military ,injure 200.World War 3 just Started (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by Ofemmanu1: 8:56am On Jan 05, 2020
shakaZuIlu:
God bless United States of America God bless POTUS terrorists are scared Buhari is scared yeroba Muslims are not happy
but the children of God are very happy the world is with US #istandwithUnitedStatesofAmerica
Headslamers won't like your comment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by Babacele: 8:57am On Jan 05, 2020
This is not good at all especially when two mad leaders are taking the shots whereas diplomacy,tact and sanctions should have been employed in an already bad situation like the US-Iran present relationship. Well, maybe our petrol go sell better as it did during the Gulf war only for the proceeds to disappear into thin air under IBB. But this war is not good and may get out of hands as there are hawks by the both sides waiting to unleash mayhem.

1 Like

Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by easytalking23(m): 8:58am On Jan 05, 2020
ArmaniUhuru:
Dear Donald Trump.
Are you aware that a Nigerian called Femi Adesina said America is not the police of the world? He is somewhere in the villa.
Thanks
grin
ArmaniUhuru:
Dear Donald Trump.
Are you aware that a Nigerian called Femi Adesina said America is not the police of the world? He is somewhere in the villa.
Thanks
aaaaah please adesina don hide under the villa
Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by Alladinn14(m): 8:58am On Jan 05, 2020
NwokoloOwa:
I thought America was disparaging Nigeria for not obeying laws; which law of the UN is Ameriaca obeying in killing someone so brazenly in another sovereign nation's land against their national laws and against international laws. People abusing Buhari for holding El Zakzaky against the laws are now hailing USA for disobeying laws. Its so crazy.

All this ones that don't know anything about foreign news coming here to spill trash ..

If you don't know the man have been a wanted terrorist for long , he has killed thousands of people including his people .

And before the strick the american still seek permission from other tiger county cause the man was a common enemy to the whole world , have you heard any reasonable country condemning the Americana for what they did??

Your freedom today depends on the Americans , if not them you might be dead by now .

Make research before you talk

1 Like

Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by Alladinn14(m): 9:06am On Jan 05, 2020
Jo UK
Crispels:

Even all of those people comparing the Chinese or Iranian military might to the U.S are ill-informed. Do you guys even know the amount the Americans spend on their military every year? No nation is even close to spending what the Americans invest in military hardware. Google it - a country that spends over 750billion dollars on its military per year is no joke! No other country in the world even spends half of that.

Even in terms of economy, the economy of California alone(just a state in the United States) is bigger than the economy of the whole of Russia's(California's economy is bigger than U.K and France economy as well). You people should go online and read about the military and economic might of the United States in comparison with other superpowers. China is just rebuilding its military and because the Chinese do display their weapons every year does not mean they are better than the Americans. Americans don't have time for annual military exhibitions - they don't need to show the world the kinds of Drones they have - you will only know about it after they must have used it - like the one they used last night in Iraq. Abeg!

Bros me too I tire for this folks oooh,

They really don't know all this , they just believe too much on media hypes .

Remember the soundless helicopter used in killing osama bin ladin .....Obama and 99% of Americans never knew that kind of machine was ever made .

This guys own so much hardware that are well hidden , no carry them joke oooh
Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by TRUEBLOOD59(m): 9:06am On Jan 05, 2020
cucumbae:
I don remember say na this slain Iran commander dey hack and bring down and seize all the drones wey America dey take spy on Iran.Even the invisible drone,the commander go shot am down from heaven.I no think say America get drones again because all their drones dey the commander backyard.
russia and north korea sef can even help iran with some supplies
Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by itsme01: 9:07am On Jan 05, 2020
shakaZuIlu:

lol
tell that to yeroba Muslims like itsme01

who might have thought that a whole so called mighty Iran did not see a strike coming to their domot to eliminate their top general cheesy

which means that even their president is not safe
and some illiterates from glorified secondary school will even have the gut to compare US military might to that of Iran.
America don't even need to go to any war with Iran na to destroy their facilities and oil reserves with drones cheesy

Now that i have your time... welcome back from the ban.. hope you are now better....

stop making noise about America that couldnt wipe out Taliban after they killed them 9/11 attack and still wasted US army like pure water

stop watching american film and read history una no go hear
Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by crackhouse(m): 9:07am On Jan 05, 2020
post=85511469:
..........to before warned is to before harmed
I thought u are educated?
....ohh I just remembered you are the suya seller. Sorry bro.
Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by Slynation(m): 9:08am On Jan 05, 2020
anochuko01:
War flag hoisted on the most important MOSQUE.
Oh I see, meaning the Mosque is among the 52 target.....

1 Like

Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by nubianwarrior: 9:08am On Jan 05, 2020
i stand with american fck Iran
Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by yetunsbay(m): 9:08am On Jan 05, 2020
shakaZuIlu:
anything that affects US affects the world

if US fall where will terrorist buhari and co get grants and aid to sustain their people in North East of Nigeria?

so you can't hate US and at the same time depend on them for almost everything.

God bless United States of America
God bless Donald Trump
but you're aware it ur country b4 USA
Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by m4goodlife: 9:11am On Jan 05, 2020
Rosskii:

Speak for yourself. You are a liar. America ''destroyed the prosperity and happinnes of Persia'' by its deposition of the elected Iranian leader in the 1970s which led to the Iranian revolution and the rise of the Ayatollahs.
Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by shakaZuIlu: 9:11am On Jan 05, 2020
itsme01:

Now that i have your time... welcome back from the ban.. hope you are now better....

stop making noise about America that couldnt wipe out Taliban after they killed them 9/11 attack and still wasted US army like pure water

lol
I never went to any ban
no dey fool yourself mr man tongue

lol e pain am well well say America dey deal with terrorists
chaiii yeroba Muslims sef
Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by Ikpu1: 9:11am On Jan 05, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

[/s]
Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by itsme01: 9:13am On Jan 05, 2020
shakaZuIlu:
lol
I never went to any ban
no dey fool yourself mr man tongue

lol e pain am well well say America dey deal with terrorists
chaiii yeroba Muslims sef

Na first half you watch, Iran go play second leg just dey watch
Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by Alladinn14(m): 9:14am On Jan 05, 2020
itsme01:

You don't knw shiit ...

Do you know how long they needed an excuse to invade afgan ? So they created one .

4get that 9/11 tin, bush masterminded everything ...they never ever wanted to finish any war , they want to be there for long ..

Why do you think CIA agent disguis as taliban to cause havoc and pressure odas to join the Taliban fight ?? ... Oga use ur head , Americana are fuccking cunning .

They create and feed you history and news they want you to know
Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by kayjay69(m): 9:14am On Jan 05, 2020
Yes the US is the #1 military power in the world but spending does not necessarily make you the strongest and give you a true advantage. A case in point, the US spends billions to build stealth fighter jets, littoral class warships, the aegis system and so on, these are supposed to be state of the art equipments that are not supposed to fail and should give them an edge in the event of a war. Well unless they are dealing with some 3rd world country without basic defenses.

Russia spends millions to develop missile defense systems such as the S-300 and S-400 that have proven capable at intercepting such cutting edge technology that the US parades all around the world.

If you think the US will lose say 2 or 3 B-2 stealth bombers, or an aircraft carrier or a bunch of destroyers in the event of a war with Iran and they'll keep on coming, then you do not know what you are talking about. And believe me, the Iranians can, if the Syrians using an S-200 Soviet Era missile battery could shoot at and damage the Israeli F-35I over Syrian airspace, then I think the Iranians can do better with help from Russian Voronezh radars. (Israel did deny this ever happened and claimed it was a bird strike). There is something called the cost of war. Just like in Vietnam, if the US sees they are losing they'll just pack up their bags and leave. And this is why other countries have picked and chosen the type of technology to invest in order to deter the US of ever thinking of going to war with it. Think of Hypersonic Weapons, Nuclear Weapons, Submarines et al, they are all weapons of deterrence so that if the war mongering USA thinks it can, they'll be forced to think again.

The US may be able to defeat any conventional army head to head (without use of nuclear weapons) BUT there is a cost to everything. Is it a cost they will be willing to pay knowing fully well if they commit all their resources and lose they become weakened leaving a power vacuum for others such as China to fill.

Iran has an arsenal of short to medium range ballistic missiles that will give the US some trouble especially their bases across the middle east. And Iran will fight dirty through asymmetric means which means this war will only be protracted and the casualties on both sides will be heavier than in any recent wars. And please be reminded as well, WARS ARE FOUGHT AND WON ON THE GROUND AND IN THE HEARTS AND MINDS OF PEOPLE. The Iranians are about 80-90% United behind their leaders. They may protest economic hardships within the country but that does not mean they want a Western imposed democracy, they are doing just fine under their Islamic rule and despite a truckload of sanctions. And eventually, they'll just become more creative and be forced to create from within rather than depend on the outside world. Also just imagine this, the US were never fully able to occupy Afghanistan and Iraq both of which even when combined are not equal in size to Iran. The US is still fighting in Afghanistan till this day. And that is Afghanistan, fighting the Taliban, a bunch of rag tying tribal warlords. How much more a fully motivated Iranian army who are experienced at war and are ready to die to defend their country.

The US is not stupid, if they get lured into a full out war with Iran, it will drag on over another 10 years atleast. The end result will be more deficit to the American economy thereby making America weaker and China stronger in the longer term. Don't forget Iran is a major partner with China when it comes its belt and road initiative. Iran is a Russian ally, in the event of war same as Syria the Russians will limit American Airpower, that means they must put boots on the ground and I guarantee you that will be the undoing of America cos the Iranians know their topography better than anyone else and they have been defending it for the past 2000 years.

I do not like wars and I do not wish for both countries to go to war but if they do, believe me it will not be the outcome everyone thinks. If Iran is wise they'll sit this one out and respond later down the road. If the USA is wise they'll focus on building their domestic issues at home and avoid unnecessary wars.
Crispels:

Even all of those people comparing the Chinese or Iranian military might to the U.S are ill-informed. Do you guys even know the amount the Americans spend on their military every year? No nation is even close to spending what the Americans invest in military hardware. Google it - a country that spends over 750billion dollars on its military per year is no joke! No other country in the world even spends half of that.

Even in terms of economy, the economy of California alone(just a state in the United States) is bigger than the economy of the whole of Russia's(California's economy is bigger than U.K and France economy as well). You people should go online and read about the military and economic might of the United States in comparison with other superpowers. China is just rebuilding its military and because the Chinese do display their weapons every year does not mean they are better than the Americans. Americans don't have time for annual military exhibitions - they don't need to show the world the kinds of Drones they have - you will only know about it after they must have used it - like the one they used last night in Iraq. Abeg!

2 Likes

Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by positive11: 9:14am On Jan 05, 2020
shakaZuIlu:
God bless POTUS
terrorists are scared
Buhari is scared
yeroba Muslims are not happy

but the children of God are very happy
the world is with US
#istandwithUnitedStatesofAmerica

You are happy some innocent people are going to die right? Cause of your stupid believe check of your love ones die in the war
Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by tundess: 9:16am On Jan 05, 2020
The US will be forced out of the ME. Soulemani death was the tribute. First Iraq by being asked by the Iraqi govt to leave, then Syria.
Soulemani had been rallying Iraqi parliamentarians to put together legislation calling for US removal from Iraq. In other words, he was an "imminent threat" to US continuation in Iraq.
If you're interested, read below. If not, wave Old Glory.
Clausewitz wrote that war also exists on a moral plane. If the US strikes as Trump has boasted, it is the sure sign of its decline, much like Suez was for Britain and France. There are many conservatives in the US who are appalled by Trump being co-opted to do Israeli and Saudi foreign policy. And it's not a stretch to imagine a false flag attack on a Saudi installation being blamed on Iran. Trump would therefore have to react. Interesting times.....
https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/iranian-revenge-will-be-a-dish-best-served-cold/

1 Like

Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by Tonyosas101(m): 9:17am On Jan 05, 2020
shakaZuIlu:
God bless POTUS
terrorists are scared
Buhari is scared
yeroba Muslims are not happy

but the children of God are very happy
the world is with US
#istandwithUnitedStatesofAmerica
Just like your bloodthirsty God
Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by efemena5050(m): 9:18am On Jan 05, 2020
GentleYoung:

You might be the one crying before them.
mallam Pls go for ur sabulution ND pray for. I ran
Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by itsme01: 9:19am On Jan 05, 2020
Alladinn14:

You don't knw shiit ...

Do you know how long they needed an excuse to invade afgan ? So they created one .

4get that 9/11 tin, bush masterminded everything ...they never ever wanted to finish any war , they want to be there for long ..

Why do you think CIA agent disguis as taliban to cause havoc and pressure odas to join the Taliban fight ?? ... Oga use ur head , Americana are fuccking cunning .

They create and feed you history and news they want you to know

well they trained and financed alqeada and taliban till Osama turned rogue.. even Osama's Saudi family are quite respectable in Saudi and US so i cant write out any conspiracy theory
Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by paparazi1(m): 9:20am On Jan 05, 2020
Lucid1:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50996602
I stand with USA on this one, all jihadist world over
should be crushed, their own dont too much, just imagine what is even happening in 9ja on daily basis.
Terrorist my nyash.
Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by yetunsbay(m): 9:20am On Jan 05, 2020
tiwiex:

Thanks my broda. We have zero foreign policy experience to make useful points. Ordinary street armed robbery, all of us go piss for pant. Even house robbery sef. Na war we just dey talk like Iran no get any neighbors and allies. It's not as simple as that. This is not about Iran. What did they even do? They have been calling them bad names for the past 3 years. Now u see the outcome. Can any of the people defending this give one good reason why Iran is being attacked? Just one.
Seriously be looking to an answer to the question too
Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by charles009(m): 9:20am On Jan 05, 2020
cybertron88:
Iran should better thread with caution. Trump is not Obama o. Someone who promised to build a wall around Mexican border and also cut China to size. as stupid as those campaign promises sounded back then, Trump has already achieved them. He is no politician, he comes from a successful business background. Talk and do. Iran has emotionally talked itself into trouble. Saudi Arabia won't mind attacking US facility codedely and tag it on Iran as any attack on US in the middle East would be deemed an Iranian attack. The mumu egoistic ayetollah won't even want to deny it. Isreal is standing by the corner waiting for the slightest reason to go all out against iran. It's a terrible situation for Iran, they were over pampered by the Obama administration. When Sadam Hussain was alive who know Iran. Democrats made Iran feel like a world power by allowing them access to their frozen funds in exchange for halting nuclear advancement. Iran has been using those funds to fund terrorist organizations like Hezbollah and hamas and fight proxy wars against the US and Isreal. Thank God Trump has shredded d deal and impose heavy sanctions. Let's see where Iran will get d funds to prosecute a full scale war.

You see, uninformed folks like yourself is reason why the world has gone bad. If you think iran has enemies, then America has twice as more. Listen, Even Americans are scared of a possible retaliation, and travelling to some parts of middle east and europe have been hit with a massive decline. Yes america might have both the resources and manpower that dwarfs Iran's.
But as a student of history you may have to read further to fully understand the power play and vested interests.

During the invasion and uprising in libya, america, Britain, france immediately became friend of libya and acted as the defacto air support team for the rebels. Russia, china would not hesitate to take sides, and trust me, it won't be for the Americans.

Whatever happens will have far reaching consequences, every side suffers in times of war. you all should condemn the violating of the airspace of a sovereign state, its a clear act and intent of war. Soulemani, you can brand a terrorist but certainly loved by his people...

1 Like

Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by yetunsbay(m): 9:23am On Jan 05, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Those of u supporting Iran must be a muslim. Thats ur way. Terrorists everywhere. Only if u read and watch news, u will know what Iran stand for. They have commited gruesome humanitarian crimes since BC. I can't wait for ther fall. Russia & China are only deceiving them. They only want to sell their ammo to raise more money.
bro that listen to news , pls can u abreast us of single reason why USA killed the man.

Just a single detailed info
Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by greggng: 9:24am On Jan 05, 2020
Pedrotina11:
Stupid comments....i stand with the united state of america mumu...do u knw wat the citizens would suffer in the advent of war..u r here picking sides likes its joke to u...Any state that is been attacked the casualty would be immensed, lives lost, property gone, businesses gone, economy crippled, peace lost, rest of mind taken away..u r here with ur mum android fone and cheap data typing i stand with USA...u have never experienced war before go ask someone that has that is if u can see and let them tell u tale abt war....stupid generation of Nigerian youths..

I don't support war but when it became inevitable what do you do? Iran cannot be threaten America and u expect America to keep quiet...are they suppose to beg Iran?
One thing is certain they don't 've monopoly of violence ...whatever they did to America, they should expect 10 times....Japan tried it in hawai ....that brought the down fall of Japan....America is not a giant for mouth....they will match force with force. Let's see what Iran has on the table apart from terrorism which is their trade mark
Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by efemena5050(m): 9:25am On Jan 05, 2020
Oches4me:
the way ur parent will cry for ur death . I wish i can slap u.
mallam be careful......
Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by jaxxy(m): 9:26am On Jan 05, 2020
Cantonese:
Hopefully this threat of war between the USA and Iran will fizzle out. There is no point taking sides as all parties in it will be affected and it will also affect proxies in the middle east, Asia, Europe and America.

Truthfully the American foreign policy with seems to be too meddlesome. If Saddam Hussein and Muammar Ghaddafi were left alone the world would not be seeing the kind of crisis facing the middle east and parts of Africa today.
The spill over effect of the American destruction of the Ghaddafi regime is what we even feel now in Nigeria with ISWAP.

We also hope that this attack will not fast track the impeachment of Donald Trump with the House of reps claiming that he did not see authorization to launch that attack.

The us is doing the world a huge favor bt u guys don’t have any idea. The us is and has only been checking the powers of terror prone countries so it doesn’t get out of hand. Saddam was a menace and a ticking time bomb, Iran is one also. They need to be checked.

What happens if u live such countries alone and unchecked? They will become too difficult to put in order, terror groups will increase and they don’t follow acceptable conventions. The world will not be safe with such people.
Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by Ikpu1: 9:28am On Jan 05, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

[/s]
Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by shakaZuIlu: 9:29am On Jan 05, 2020
itsme01:

hahahahahaha keep giving yourself false hope
keep deceiving yourself
yeroba Muslims are something else cheesy
Re: Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets by toluene1234: 9:29am On Jan 05, 2020
ITbomb:
angry
Buhari can't even support Iran because of Iran terrorist tendencies in Nigeria. Iran funds the activities of Shites in Nigeria causing chaos in our dear country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

91-Year-Old Queen Elizabeth Driving Herself In Her Jaguar (Photos) / Boris Johnson's Scandals That Led To His Resignation As British Prime Minister / South Sudan President Peeing In His Trousers (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.