Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather (58659 Views)

Rain Of Worms Falls Down The Sky In China, Residents Panic (Photos) / Doomsday UN report says global warming is ALREADY causing extreme weather(Pix) / Cow With Two Heads In Gombe Causes Panic Among Residents. See Shocking Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by 0monnak0da: 1:16pm On Jan 05, 2020
Kylekent59:
Belarus- Minsk and Munich-Germany are at -1 degree c

I wonder how it would feel like being in a country with a temperature at -5 degree sad sad

Cold oOoo
December 2010 Edinburgh
Minus 12 degrees Celsius
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by mechanics(m): 1:19pm On Jan 05, 2020
Wow, 7 degree Celsius, that's extremely cold o, God will see them through.
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by Starhearts: 1:39pm On Jan 05, 2020
Cold war everywhere
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by shadelek(m): 1:50pm On Jan 05, 2020
0monnak0da:

What has God be magnified Got to with this if you like castrate God or put makeup on God ir share your midd pics with God
It is ya business
This is not a a mosque or church

Abeg

God be mimimized

He's to be magnified coz He's the creator of every seasons.

1 Like

Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by iSlayer: 2:09pm On Jan 05, 2020
lishman1010:
interestingly the weather fluctuates between 8-19 degrees I leave there. and pankshin LGC happens to be the most coldest part dropped to 0 degrees you can confirm that.thank you.

If it did there'll be snow.
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by ffo(m): 2:17pm On Jan 05, 2020
TUANKU:
If jos is this cold i wonder how places like pankshin and mangu would be.
Jos is colder than all these places, you can google it to confirm
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by Nmezor(f): 2:40pm On Jan 05, 2020
Gosh, this brings back memories...I experienced all these @_KD n Kastina way back.... Harmattan in the north no be beans...my lips n feet cracked too coupled with the cold weather... We had heaters in our rooms. Had to wear gloves, double / triple sweaters , socks etc..When we finally relocated to the East n I experienced the harmattan there I told my dad that people here are really enjoying, that this ain't harmattan abeg n my dad just cracked up.

1 Like

Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by Segeshow: 2:43pm On Jan 05, 2020
cliqtips:
Pankshin should be minus (-) by now because of a norms, that one is always cold.
Mangu too, at a point I was coughing blood during my service year when this cold start. Thanks to God

Served in general hospital pankshin in 2009, i have asthma. Some other doctor on his way to the hinterlands had to crash at my place one night. I had been having attacks for the past 3 nights due to extreme weather conditions. Guy woke up early the next morning to hit the road, first thing he says when he sees me is that he noticed i slept upright throughout the night,lying flat was impossible due to difficulty breathing. He says in yoruba, oga redeploy or you will certainly die in this place. The cold was mad. But i stayed though, na vodka and kai kai last last pursue d cold.

1 Like

Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by babamadiba(m): 2:51pm On Jan 05, 2020
Sirwallace:

you cannot boil water and add to the cold water?
I lodged in one small hotel then, n was in a hurry to hit the road back to kogi state.
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by rupeelicious(f): 3:52pm On Jan 05, 2020
They should all get glycerin and use as their body creams henceforth....
They'd feel like they are in October.

Thank me later
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by divineappo(m): 4:00pm On Jan 05, 2020
jesus247alive:
Live reporting from Kano.... The cold na die
I dey kano too

the weather gets a little better in the afternoon, but early morning na die
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by divineappo(m): 4:10pm On Jan 05, 2020
rupeelicious:
They should all get glycerin and use as their body creams henceforth....
They'd feel like they are in October.

Thank me later
really?

glycerin oil is of two types

Vegetable glycerin & Whitening glycerin

which one pls??
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by joliecouer: 4:12pm On Jan 05, 2020
jesus247alive:
Live reporting from Kano.... The cold na die
Looks like law school mammy market in Bagauda
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by ehissi(m): 4:33pm On Jan 05, 2020
TUANKU:
If jos is this cold i wonder how places like pankshin and mangu would be.

When John snow told the northern brother winter was coming, he was talking about what is dealing with pankshin people.

Na only white walkers na E remain to balance the equation........ undecided
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by 0monnak0da: 5:04pm On Jan 05, 2020
shadelek:

He's to be magnified coz He's the creator of every seasons.
You keep saying that

How do you know this?
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by Legendguru: 5:45pm On Jan 05, 2020
Winter in naija
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by Ayobami7(m): 6:23pm On Jan 05, 2020
无聊的
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by dgitrader(m): 6:48pm On Jan 05, 2020
mansakhalifa:
Why bother about jackets or charcoal fires when you can simply organize three big bottles of dry gin or aromatic schnapps to keep the "cold" away, depending on your choice?

Just asking. Alcohol is a sure fix. 99.999999%. Trust me on that one.

Alcohol makes u feel warm temporarily, but in real sense it lowers ur body temperature. If u try shak for Jos now, u go just die. Joints are empty here.

1 Like

Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by Bruno3000(m): 7:27pm On Jan 05, 2020
Pedrotina11:

So make he die nah...becos he dey study...he shld die...cold shld kee him..pneumonia shld kee him..he shld hold book and freeze..u r wicked..he shld die in the cold, the certificate shld freeze. Wicked
grin guy u funny o. No mind dat guy. Me dat is living in Jos sef no find d cold easy at 5°c not talk of -10°c in Canada.
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by JGirl20(f): 8:25pm On Jan 05, 2020
[quote author=Pedrotina11 post=85512077][/quote] You're really funny
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by Goalnaldo(m): 9:16pm On Jan 05, 2020
This 2020 cold is something else. I was wondering how places like gembu, pankshin and mangu will feel like. I rarely bath hot water. In fact in the last 6 years, I didn't Bath hot water more than 5 times. But starting from on the 2nd, I have been bathing hot water. See the way I was shivering this evening. God help us all.
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by Goalnaldo(m): 9:26pm On Jan 05, 2020
Beetobee:

Please there is nothing like 'cousin brother' in English. Rather, use 'male cousin or female cousin'.
People make this mistake a lot.
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by Pinzhongfc: 10:12pm On Jan 05, 2020
Abeg how much is the transport fair from Cotonou to Jos
I wan witness the #cold
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by TUANKU(m): 10:38pm On Jan 05, 2020
ffo:

I have lived in both places so i don't need Google to tell me. Normally sef the country side is always colder than cities due to population density.
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by Nowenuse: 10:51pm On Jan 05, 2020
livebyday:

What's the temperature there in figures at night and day

In pankshin precisely

Jos gets as low as 7°C at night, while at daytime it gets warmer because of the sunlight. But this warmth is only outside ooo, inside your house is still around like 11°C.
Pankshin should be around 4°C if Jos is at that temperature.
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by Nowenuse: 10:54pm On Jan 05, 2020
johnpablo541:

I wonder why people compare the cold in nigeria to winter when it doesn't even get to freezing temperatures in Nigeria. And the harmattan cold is not only cold but too dry.

The coldest place in nigeria right now is about 11 degrees somewhere in Canada it is about -40 degrees.

Wrong! Jos & Kano went as low as 7°C....
Other rural parts of Plateau which are usually colder than Jos, ike Pankshin should have gotten to like 4°C.

Canadians usually have insulated houses and room warmers in their houses, Cars, Buses, Offices, Schools and Hospitals. ....We in Jos have nothing!

1 Like

Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by Nowenuse: 10:59pm On Jan 05, 2020
ffo:

No, Pankshin is the coldest place on the Plateau followed by Mangu before Jos! ....I am from Plateau state.
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by Nowenuse: 11:04pm On Jan 05, 2020
Goalnaldo:
This 2020 cold is something else. I was wondering how places like gembu, pankshin and mangu will feel like. I rarely bath hot water. In fact in the last 6 years, I didn't Bath hot water more than 5 times. But starting from on the 2nd, I have been bathing hot water. See the way I was shivering this evening. God help us all.

Jos gets as low as 7°C. I wear 5 shirts on top each other and a sweater inside the house and all the windows have been locked since ages. I still cover 2 blankets at night... It's crazy grin.
If u try bathing cold water in Jos, you can die.

Pankshin and Mangu should be like 4°C.
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by Goalnaldo(m): 11:06pm On Jan 05, 2020
Nowenuse:

Jos gets as low as 7°C. I wear 5 shirts on top each other and a sweater inside the house and all the windows have been locked since ages. I still cover 2 blankets at night... It's crazy grin.
If u try bathing cold water in Jos, you can die.

Pankshin and Mangu should be like 4°C.
Wow thanks for the info. Happy new year.

1 Like

Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by Nowenuse: 11:21pm On Jan 05, 2020
Pinzhongfc:
Abeg how much is the transport fair from Cotonou to Jos
I wan witness the #cold

I must warn u, it is not funny if u have never experienced it before. We have to boil water to wash plates cos if your hand touches cold water it starts feeling numb like it's freezing. As I am speaking to you, I am wearing 5 shirts and a sweater and I am even inside the house with all the windows locked. Dem nor born u well to sleep with your window open here.
It's even warmer now at 10°C low unlike last week when we experienced 7°C low.

If u want to experience the strongest cold bros, then pls go to Pankshin town 2 hours away from Jos... If u can survive that town, Europe will not be a problem cos that place is always at least 5° colder than Jos.
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by BabbanBura(m): 11:28pm On Jan 05, 2020
Joystark:
Our population will definitely triple this year.

How many are you contributing?
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by johnpablo541(m): 1:39am On Jan 06, 2020
Nowenuse:

Wrong! Jos & Kano went as low as 7°C....
Other rural parts of Plateau which are usually colder than Jos, ike Pankshin should have gotten to like 4°C.

Canadians usually have insulated houses and room warmers in their houses, Cars, Buses, Offices, Schools and Hospitals. ....We in Jos have nothing!

No where in Nigeria went as low as 4°C.

Pankshin shares similar weather with Jos. Below are both towns current weather conditions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work / Lioness Goes In For A HUG With Her Human Best Friend ( Pics, Video) / Cobra Found Inside A Toilet In Yola, Adamawa State(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.