Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather (58658 Views)

Rain Of Worms Falls Down The Sky In China, Residents Panic (Photos) / Doomsday UN report says global warming is ALREADY causing extreme weather(Pix) / Cow With Two Heads In Gombe Causes Panic Among Residents. See Shocking Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by Nowenuse: 3:26am On Jan 06, 2020
johnpablo541:

No where in Nigeria went as low as 4°C.

Pankshin shares similar weather with Jos. Below are both towns current weather conditions.

That forecast for Pankshin is not correct. See one thing, weather forecasts normally do not take winds into consideration hence are known not to be precise. If a place is Windy, it makes the temperature lower and Pankshin is very windy and so foggy that people close to each other do not see themselves.
Well, I am very sure you have never experienced the weather first hand in all these places, if not you will not even argue about it. You can see that other people commenting from the first page have been saying the same thing about Mangu.

Any weather forecast claiming that Jos is colder than Pankshin or Mangu cannot be taken seriously. This is something that every single Plateau indigene or citizen will confirm to you.

The highest point on the Plateau is in Kuru town and that place is naturally supposed to be colder. It is very windy too. I just googled and it's showing same temperature with Jos, that is actually impossible in the real sense.

Point of correction, the lowest temperature ever recorded in Nigeria was 2°C in Yobe state, Google it. ....While the lowest in Jos was 3°C, I think sometime in the 80s...There are tales of that period and how so many of the newborn infants did not survive that year... I am from this place and was given firsthand info by my parents who experienced it.

1 Like

Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by bigfrancis21: 4:13am On Jan 06, 2020
Nowenuse:

I must warn u, it is not funny if u have never experienced it before. We have to boil water to wash plates cos if your hand touches cold water it starts feeling numb like it's freezing. As I am speaking to you, I am wearing 5 shirts and a sweater and I am even inside the house with all the windows locked. Dem nor born u well to sleep with your window open here.
It's even warmer now at 10°C low unlike last week when we experienced 7°C low.

If u want to experience the strongest cold bros, then pls go to Pankshin town 2 hours away from Jos... If u can survive that town, Europe will not be a problem cos that place is always at least 5° colder than Jos.

grin grin grin I'm cracking up here reading y'all's comment about the cold. This is nothing compared to winter time in America where the temperature falls to -5c or less depending on the state (mostly Northern US). My first winter here was crazy and I almost went back to Nigeria! grin I caught a really bad cold the following week (the flu viral strain here is different from Nigeria's and being new my body's immunity was totally defenseless), however I have not fallen sick to cold ever since till today. After a while you get used to it. It is 3c right now in Washington DC, and just two hours ago I wore a shirt and sports shorts to the gym and came back and I didn't feel the cold! Earlier this afternoon it was 15c and it was just perfect for me. Infact, I prefer colder weathers now to summers (OMG reminds me of when I served in Nasarawa cry ) and anything above 20c is quite hot for me. My favorite seasons are Spring (rainy season, right after winter, kinda still cold) and Fall/Autum (right after summer and ushers in winter). Some male Americans here even jog with boxers alone in the snow!

5 Likes

Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by livebyday(m): 5:55am On Jan 06, 2020
Nowenuse:

Jos gets as low as 7°C at night, while at daytime it gets warmer because of the sunlight. But this warmth is only outside ooo, inside your house is still around like 11°C.
Pankshin should be around 4°C if Jos is at that temperature.

My goodness

That means one day it will snow in that pankshin
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by ffo(m): 7:19am On Jan 06, 2020
Nowenuse:

No, Pankshin is the coldest place on the Plateau followed by Mangu before Jos! ....I am from Plateau state.
Google the average temperature of both cities
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by ffo(m): 7:20am On Jan 06, 2020
TUANKU:

I have lived in both places so i don't need Google to tell me. Normally sef the country side is always colder than cities due to population density.
Why don't google the average temperature of both cities
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by johnpablo541(m): 8:21am On Jan 06, 2020
Nowenuse:

That forecast for Pankshin is not correct. See one thing, weather forecasts normally do not take winds into consideration hence are known not to be precise. If a place is Windy, it makes the temperature lower and Pankshin is very windy and so foggy that people close to each other do not see themselves.
Well, I am very sure you have never experienced the weather first hand in all these places, if not you will not even argue about it. You can see that other people commenting from the first page have been saying the same thing about Mangu.

Any weather forecast claiming that Jos is colder than Pankshin or Mangu cannot be taken seriously. This is something that every single Plateau indigene or citizen will confirm to you.

The highest point on the Plateau is in Kuru town and that place is naturally supposed to be colder. It is very windy too. I just googled and it's showing same temperature with Jos, that is actually impossible in the real sense.

Point of correction, the lowest temperature ever recorded in Nigeria was 2°C in Yobe state, Google it. ....While the lowest in Jos was 3°C, I think sometime in the 80s...There are tales of that period and how so many of the newborn infants did not survive that year... I am from this place and was given firsthand info by my parents who experienced it.

like I said earlier, nowhere in Nigeria Gets as cold as 4°C, you measure temperatures with thermometers and not speculation, a lot of people just speculate just because the weather dropped. So if you say the forecast for Pankshin ain't correct can you kindly give us the correct forecast for Pankshin, in pictures, not speculation. I can sit down in my house and just say the weather for Warri today is 3°C but that is just speculation
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by Joystark(f): 10:56am On Jan 06, 2020
BabbanBura:

How many are you contributing?

I'm still waiting for you o
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by ffo(m): 11:19am On Jan 06, 2020
Nowenuse:

No, Pankshin is the coldest place on the Plateau followed by Mangu before Jos! ....I am from Plateau state.
Bring out your fact, reference,link not by words of mouth
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by BabbanBura(m): 2:38pm On Jan 06, 2020
Joystark:

I'm still waiting for you o

Sure? As per breeding? Answer quick quick abeg, harmattan don dey less so we can join the September / October batch
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by 0monnak0da: 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2020
johnpablo541:

like I said earlier, nowhere in Nigeria Gets as cold as 4°C, you measure temperatures with thermometers and not speculation, a lot of people just speculate just because the weather dropped. So if you say the forecast for Pankshin ain't correct can you kindly give us the correct forecast for Pankshin, in pictures, not speculation. I can sit down in my house and just say the weather for Warri today is 3°C but that is just speculation
How do you know this.
You assert with so much authority based on what?
That you believe it doesn't make it true.
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by johnpablo541(m): 6:03pm On Jan 06, 2020
0monnak0da:

How do you know this.
You assert with so much authority based on what?
That you believe it doesn't make it true.

So someone that doesn't own a thermometer will just quote a temperature and you accept. I agree the weather dropped across the country but not to those temperatures people are speculating. Tell them to show you proof.

Like i said i can just sit in my house and speculate that the temperature in Abuja was as low as 1 degrees today. Will you just accept my word of mouth.
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by 0monnak0da: 8:54pm On Jan 06, 2020
johnpablo541:

So someone that doesn't own a thermometer will just quote a temperature and you accept. I agree the weather dropped across the country but not to those temperatures people are speculating. Tell them to show you proof.

Like i said i can just sit in my house and speculate that the temperature in Abuja was as low as 1 degrees today. Will you just accept my word of mouth.
I
No I am not accepting.
Silence does not equate acquiescence
I am interested in the methodology
You are doing exactly what you complain about
Manufacturing your own facts

The assertion you made about temperature ever recorded requires substantiation.
A source.

At best we can say it is unknown or doubtful.

But to say temperature in Nigeria never reaches 4 degrees is such a sweeping statement to make . You must have some basis for that claim
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by johnpablo541(m): 1:47am On Jan 07, 2020
0monnak0da:
I
No I am not accepting.
Silence does not equate acquiescence
I am interested in the methodology
You are doing exactly what you complain about
Manufacturing your own facts

The assertion you made about temperature ever recorded requires substantiation.
A source.

At best we can say it is unknown or doubtful.

But to say temperature in Nigeria never reaches 4 degrees is such a sweeping statement to make . You must have some basis for that claim

I don't seem to understand you.

Are you not the one saying the weather in Nigeria falls that low. And now you are saying i should show you evidences it doesn't.

It's just like me saying HIV doesn't have a cure in Nigeria. And you are saying i should show you proof that states there is no cure for HIV in Nigeria.
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by Yellowgarri: 10:27am On Jan 07, 2020
Sisqoman:
This cold sef, no be small thing for Ilorin ooo
hi, please kindly check my thread, God can use you for me.

https://www.nairaland.com/5617804/need-loan-50k-repay-55k
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by 0monnak0da: 11:21pm On Jan 07, 2020
johnpablo541:

I don't seem to understand you.

Are you not the one saying the weather in Nigeria falls that low. And now you are saying i should show you evidences it doesn't.

It's just like me saying HIV doesn't have a cure in Nigeria. And you are saying i should show you proof that states there is no cure for HIV in Nigeria.
Where did I talk about weather in Nigeria falling low?
What has HIV got to do with this?
In your eye that is reasoning
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by johnpablo541(m): 3:50am On Jan 08, 2020
0monnak0da:

Where did I talk about weather in Nigeria falling low?
What has HIV got to do with this?
In your eye that is reasoning
I was replying someone that said the lowest recorded temperature in Nigeria was 2 degrees, then you quoted my response to the person.

i used the HIV analysis to simplify the explanation to you.
Read your previous reply again.
Re: Jos, Kano Residents Stay Indoors Due To Biting Cold Weather by Nowenuse: 5:43pm On Jan 12, 2020
Hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work / Lioness Goes In For A HUG With Her Human Best Friend ( Pics, Video) / Cobra Found Inside A Toilet In Yola, Adamawa State(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.