Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience (41623 Views)

You Met Your Wife Like THIS.. What Would You Do?? / How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? / What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Seebrian(m): 1:52pm On Feb 25, 2020
vizkiz:
Question for people in serious relationships.

Some of us just wanna fuçk and leave. No in-laws shît.
Repent Brother. You need Jesus urgently.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by BabbanBura(m): 1:53pm On Feb 25, 2020
fatymore:
First one...She didn't like me... That was immediately after my secondary school(15yrs ago)

Second one... She didn't like me...I wasn't from their State.

Third one... She loved me...lol...cos her son was getting old....I ran sha....

I can count and count.

I am not a terrible person sha...

FATymore, how many MORE? Ya own FAT, I mean plenty woo!
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by BabbanBura(m): 1:55pm On Feb 25, 2020
pocohantas:

No free delivery for we in Lekki? Okay, I will call @ COB. Be nice to me, I am a small girl. grin

Abi I should WhatsApp ASAP.

You dey Lekki? Order one for me nah, abeg!
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 25, 2020
pocohantas:

No free delivery for we in Lekki? Okay, I will call @ COB. Be nice to me, I am a small girl. grin

Abi I should WhatsApp ASAP.
Poco poco
Sup
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 25, 2020
It was a Lovely experience his dad is funny and his mum is prayerful good combination no love without humor and prayer

4 Likes

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Sehindemi(f): 1:57pm On Feb 25, 2020
Segtobi:
Everything went well. No issue. When it was time to leave, her dad drove because he was going out, and bae and I were heading in the same direction with him, so we had to join him. Five minutes after we left home, I realized I forgot one of my phones at their place. He drove back and we picked the phone. On getting to the bus stop where we were meant to alight, the same phone dropped from my pocket again inside the car, unknowingly. Immediately he zoomed off, I noticed my phone dropped inside the car. Felt so ashamed to even tell bae.
If I were the man I won't even allow my daughter marry you.
You are too careless. undecided

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Angelacruz: 1:59pm On Feb 25, 2020
God bless ur marriage
ybalogs:
I have met her mum prior arranging to go see the dad and her other siblings. So on a faithful Saturday afternoon,I called two of my friends joined by my younger brother to just show once and for all. That wasn't the formal introduction though. Her dad just wanted to meet the man that has taken most of her daughter's time now.
Anyways,we went there and her dad was some Chris Tucker. Made me feel so at home but not asking me unnecessary questions. All in all,we tied the knot November 19 last year. It's been worth it. I can only keep thanking God for giving me my wife and her family.
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Opeade939(f): 2:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
It was a nice experience though. Anyway,story for another day.
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by blesoh(f): 2:03pm On Feb 25, 2020
I met his mom and she's still very good to me 10years after

10 Likes

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by freemi(m): 2:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
Oppy4God:
can't wait to meet the lucky dude this year and meeting my In-laws smileycan't wait to meet the lucky dude this year and meeting my In-laws
so since 2015 u r still single?
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by iamezekwesiri: 2:06pm On Feb 25, 2020
This one strong oh....
Well for me, meeting my inlaws was stressful and one encounter that was capable of parting us...
Father inlaw was cool but you see mother inlaw! Ah, na Wahala she be.

She was totally against my marriage proposal to her daughter why because she felt my presence would stop her Daughter spending spree on her such that would land my wife (now 3years+) into debt.

My mother inlaw fought me real hard and i almost called it quit.. But, i couldn't because i could see beyond her imperfections and again i have got myself the Biggest Deal ever in my wife so letting go wasn't an option.

She hated my guts .... I insisted on going on with the marriage plans..

Gave her money to buy stuffs, guess what guys? She threw it to the floor!!
So i told her, Ma, your actions today will have a great effect on us in the future.. mind what you do before it snowballs into something else....

Well, today she has changed alot....
Forgiveness took place but Forgetting the drama isn't in view yet.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Barbienice(f): 2:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
I was abit nervous but thank God they made me felt comfortable throughout my stay.

2 Likes

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Starhearts: 2:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
I don't plan it just come by accident

Really funny dat day because l was soo drunk nd heavy in smoke of cigarette

At end of d day l didn't mis-yan

According to my wife

4 Likes

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:13pm On Feb 25, 2020
Amanee:

She wasn't terrible per se, she just had strict notions of propriety and then preconceived bias towards my tribe. I'm glad that our relationship is getting better as each day passes.

She's now the one championing wedding 2020/21 wink

This girl, where did you learn to speak beta English like this.

7 Likes

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by OrjiAlex(m): 2:15pm On Feb 25, 2020
My galfrd just told me dat her dad want 2 see me and honestly am not ready 4 such step now so I will explain 2 my bae then if she don't get it den I guess dat is it we might take a rest here because a not just ready now.....�

2 Likes

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by fatymore(f): 2:17pm On Feb 25, 2020
BabbanBura:

FATymore, how many MORE? Ya own FAT, I mean plenty woo!
grin angry
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:18pm On Feb 25, 2020
kaybaba25:
The first time I went to my in-laws house for brief introduction the man being a chief in d community asked them to go and buy me trophy me as a guy man I quickly added that I don't take beers except only malt drink which he later order for me.God saved me that day that I did not drink the beer what type of eye will they use to look at me that day I sharperly settle for the malt.
Lesson when ever u visit your to be in-laws pls and pls when they order for alcoholic drinks for you especially beer don't drink o so that u will at least look responsible my 50 cent for you.

Doesn't make sense.

1 Like

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Nn3muka(f): 2:22pm On Feb 25, 2020
I have met two inlaws and didn't end up with any of their sons.
First one, I was a teenager. 16 or 17yrs old then, seeking admission in the university, he came with his entire family to come seek my hands in marriage promising that he would train me in the university since he was gainfully employed and in his early 30's.
I ran away for days, and never came home till the paedophile finally stopped coming to see my people.

second dude, topic for another day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Premiumwriter: 2:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
Oppy4God:
can't wait to meet the lucky dude this year and meeting my In-laws smileycan't wait to meet the lucky dude this year and meeting my In-laws
if anything you're the lucky one undecided

1 Like

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Isoduwa(m): 2:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
Obinnau:
I already knew the pop on a personal level before. So when I got serious with the daughter, I called him over the phone and said 'sir I love your daughter and she is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with" pop said "and you've discussed this with her and she is OK with it? I said yes sir. He said we can go ahead insofar his daughter and I have an agreement.
We are still together and planning marriage next year

She must be from poor home
So you don't have respeck?

2 Likes

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by ybalogs(m): 2:29pm On Feb 25, 2020
Angelacruz:
God bless ur marriage
Amen. Thanks boss
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Ingodwetrust15(m): 2:33pm On Feb 25, 2020
Architectben34:

Why? Dunno why people feel when you have a nice car, good job and nice apartment automatically you must be seeing someone. Ladies are distraction

This is what shy and boring people say
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Ingodwetrust15(m): 2:34pm On Feb 25, 2020
Isoduwa:

She must be from poor home
So you don't have respeck?

Look how you came online to disrespect yourself, 10MB geng it will soon finish so you can STFU

7 Likes

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 25, 2020
Sehindemi:
Here to read comments.

Wow. Is that your name? Never heard it before. Unusual but very lovely name.

Not hitting on you though. smiley
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by CarlosTheJackal: 2:41pm On Feb 25, 2020
Mine is coming up next month and I've got no lines to present rather to just be myself and talk the way I talk.

Thank goodness I can discuss on any subject matter so I will focus on both of our cultural patterns and how it's affecting our society. I got the best lady so I'm getting the best inlaw

2 Likes

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by lucky4west: 2:47pm On Feb 25, 2020
my in-laws are based abroad, so all the while we were running the show from Uniben till graduation no meeting, when i finally met them, her Dad was thrilled that i work in a company he was associated with in the past in his younger days something his daughter was not even aware of, we clicked instantly, and when he knew i got a 2.1 and was on my M.Sc the man was elated and took me aside for a heart-to-heart chat and of course some some bottles( we were on same brand Star!)....the mom was so cool and had a surprise in store for me, my wife-to-be had confided in her mom that she was some weeks gone and one of the reasons for the rush to tie the knot...the mom gave her some cash to prepare pounded yam for me that i was a real man! she kept that pattern even after the marriage any time she return home and discovered we had scored another goal she will call my wife aside and give her specific financial instructions to give me pounded yam...so i had this special treat on four occasions!..best inlaws ever if u ask me..i hope i can be this good to my future in laws-both daughters and sons in-law

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Samuels90: 3:03pm On Feb 25, 2020
proclinician:

Time is running out sir. Buhari and amotekun may send everyone to their graves before 2023. Better start getting married now.
grin grin grin very funny
Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 25, 2020
Better have a job, have a car, look good and bring gifts. It will soften the questions they bombard you with.

Taking from experience

Look calm and 'religious' too. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience by Nicoddemus(m): 3:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
Oppy4God:

Lucky like how

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Baby Boy Born Without Limbs (missing Arms & Legs) In Bauchi / "My Husband Agreed I Date Our Labourer" - Wife / See What This Woman Did To Her Child (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.