Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,216 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US (41233 Views)

SA President Cyril Ramaphosa Wears Palestinian Scarf, Pledges Solidarity (PICS) / Exclusive: U.S. Warns Ukraine Not To Strike Deep Into Russia To Avoid Escalation / Jens Stoltenberg Warns Russia That Attack On Arms Convoys Will Be An Escalation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 06, 2020
temmypotter:
Iran will definitely strike, that's a no-brainer. Their pride is at stake. Of course, they will be dealt heavier blows from the superior military might of the US.

But whatever call to reason for Iran not to de escalate is impractical. That ship has sailed.

Iran were making subtle attacks on the US, which were downplayed (the enemy teases to gauge your response, before dealing you a big blow) Obama would have offered more billions to pacify them. But this is Trump! A true American leader who actually stands by the maxim "the US doesn't negotiate with terrorists". I Stan this man everyday, twice on Sundays.

You know what's most exciting about Trump is that he's a hot blood, you can never really predict that man and believe me, that a big concern for worry for the Persians, Iran's major advantage is that they can go into war disregarding all rules of engagement and diplomacy, You would expect Trump and the US to be diplomatic on attacks which might box them in, but with Trump, boy you never know!
Insightful!
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by dayoyak: 7:59am On Jan 06, 2020
dawnomike:
Everyone should just stand down for now!!!
Russian spy was killed on british soil - No war
Kashoggi was killed in Turkey - No war
Bin laden was killed in pakistan - No war

This case can be resolves wit no war if everyone suing for it could just stand down
God bless you brother..
More wisdom
U have said it all

1 Like

Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by Ebenezar2020(m): 8:03am On Jan 06, 2020
crownwealth:
Iran should try nonsense and get nonsense from Trump.

Btw: when will Major General Buharin make his usual statement on the death of Sulaiman?
leave Buhari out of your stupidity this early morning.
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 06, 2020
kareemkamil:
American also afraid the repercussions of what they have done.
Be honest with yourself, forgetting you're a Muslim. Iran is a problem to the world and the only reason U.S still lets them exist is their consideration for innocent citizens and global observation. As a Muslim please don't have a soft spot for radical Islamic terrorists, just support peace which is what Islam should be about.
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by Tamkurou: 8:04am On Jan 06, 2020
AFONJAPIG:
Ally freeworld are America south and North, 2/3 of Africa continent, Australia, Japan, south Korea, I knw north Korea will side America or reman neutral, NATO will keep Russia busy and the like of Ukraine Romania and east Europe will like to take a chunk from Rusiay, while America will arm Hong kung , Macau, and Taiwanese who are eager to take over Chinese mainland, we have isreal who will keep the middle east busy with their IDD , in Nigeria we have Biafra that will chase Fulani terrorist back to Sahara desert and their afonja Muslims slaves will be prisoners of war... Abeg when are they starting this war, I can't wait to take over Tinubu ikoyi mansion as abandon property

Sense we not kee you grin grin
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by akan102: 8:11am On Jan 06, 2020
Qadaffi2idiamin:
All these wahala I know who is responsible.

Buhari grin

My brother you just make me laugh this morning
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by Truckpusher(m): 8:14am On Jan 06, 2020
The unpredictable nature of Mr Trump is a clear sign that anything can happen.

Unlike the gay pacifist Obama.

I am comfortably waiting for Iran to do shit, the chest beating is enough.
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by drakeli: 8:15am On Jan 06, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

Russia sided with Syria.. Please get your facts right

It’s all international politics. Russia is using Syria to further her own interests. Use your head man. Russia will never go to war killing another white nation because of any black or brown nation. Islamic nation for that matter. I don’t know why black people are so dumb about this reality especially Nigerians.

Russian and American troops have crossed each other’s paths in Syria time without number. They never fired a single shot at each other. Use your common sense. Why should I exterminate my race because of another race we both consider inferior? Uh?

Unfortunately these Arab countries too are so dumb to realize this too that they are just tools in the hands of these imperialists to play international politics and further their individual interests.

White supremacy and dominance are a global agenda
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by crownwealth: 8:16am On Jan 06, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
leave Buhari out of your stupidity this early morning.

Pele! Take your drug! grin
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by persius555(m): 8:17am On Jan 06, 2020
It's simple. EU, China, Russia and America are not comfortable with Iran's overwhelming influence in the entire middle East.
From Lebanon, Syria, Palestine,Yemen to Iraq, they seem to have the ultimate agenda to call the shots as far as the middle East is concerned.
All the countries mentioned above bear a bit of resentment for power shift in any Islamic nation. No Islamic super power really has a 100% backing from those countries(super powers).
Egypt, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Turkey all know this. I'll give it to the Iranians.
Of all countries in the middle East, they seem to be the only one commited to ridding Islamic of its bloodthirsty ideologies but the global politics that has emerged in the last 40-50years has not been favourable to it.
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by babyfaceafrica: 8:23am On Jan 06, 2020
drakeli:

It’s all international politics. Russia is using Syria to further her own interests. Use your head man. Russia will never go to war killing another white nation because of any black or brown nation. Islamic nation for that matter. I don’t know why black people are so dumb about this reality especially Nigerians.

Russian and American troops have crossed each other’s paths in Syria time without number. They never fired a single shot at each other. Use your common sense. Why should I exterminate my race because of another race we both consider inferior? Uh?

Unfortunately these Arab countries too are so dumb to realize this too that they are just tools in the hands of these imperialists to play international politics and further their individual interests.

You are so rude and uncouth.. Bye!
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by joyandfaith: 8:24am On Jan 06, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

Like they did with ghadaffi.... Is Libya better now?.. US has issues.. Serious issues!!
it is not about getting better but control. lesson is do not bark if you cannot bite. you can even bite without barking.
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by babyfaceafrica: 8:26am On Jan 06, 2020
joyandfaith:

it is not about getting better but control. lesson is do not bark if you cannot bite. you can even bite without barking.

Lolz.. If you cannot bite.. Isn't it better to bark?
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by brashear: 8:26am On Jan 06, 2020
Most people only settle for what is being delineated to them by the powers that be as to what constitutes terrorism or who the real terrorist is.

US had carried out so many covert operations across the world, Afghan, Libya, Iraq, Yemen, Kuwait, Sudan, Cuba, name it, assailing and killing people who it saw fit as terrorists or threat to the west, through its specially trained forces and mercenaries and the CIA. Unfortunately, they control the internet and news outlets. So what you get are distorted views and lies resulting in to warping people's mentality of who actually are the transgressors.

The middle east crisis has lingered for decades and it is so entangled I had never seen anything close to it. The Jews perceive both the Arabs and the Persians as existential threats while Arabs see the persians as an existential threat. Severed ties in the region keeps paving the way for a meddlesome US to metastasize its imperialist agenda across the continent. I hope they see the light very soon. No, scratch that, because the crisis is never ending soon.
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by Ebenezar2020(m): 8:27am On Jan 06, 2020
lilprinze:
Trump is not Obama, Trump is a man of action and a man of his words. If Iran tries nonsense they would be giving trump an opportunity to trun Iran in to wasteland .
I stand with America but this your mouth is too much like see your mouth like u don too trust USA forgetting that if God decides to stand with Iran then it'll be a different story
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by Truckpusher(m): 8:28am On Jan 06, 2020
One4me:

That is the problem with the Europeans and that is why trump called them Weaklings! (sic).
Just like the UK that has no foreign policy of its own other than to stat a whooping cough when America sneezes grin , the Euro peans know th truth but fear of America will not allow them to tow the path of honor, which is to tell America it is wrong, when it is wrong.

The Europeans where the KEY PRINCIPALS (with the USA, China, Russia) who negotiated and gurrantteed the Nuclear deal and the agreements stipulates that sanctions should be lifted against iran while Iran stops Nuclear enrichment.

Iran kept its part of the agreement and America did until this Trump came in and messed-up the relative peace!
Instead of the Europeans to forcefully ensure that Iran does not suffer the punitive actions of America, they balked and started genuflecting.
Now, it is the same Europeans who are asking Iran to keep to the Nuclear deal agreement when they cant tell Americans to keep to their own part of the Nuclear deal agreement! What a bunch of hypocrites.
Imagine if it was an European or American General or Sec. of State of Vice President that was assasinated by Iran?
By now, you will be hearing of "coalition of the willing, the unwilling and outright LIARS" all willing to bomb Iran to smithereens.

Iran should just continue its enrichment and develop the Nuclear weapon, just so it can be given some respect, just like North Korea.
Infact, Russia needs to step-up and assist countries like Iran to develop Nuclear weapon (and stop being selfish!) so that it can have its own "coalition" with China, Iran, etc, to counter the US/European coalition, that way, there would be "balance of terror" which is what has ensure a peaceful world in the times of the East Vs. West Socviet era.
It was this same France, and later America, that assisted Israel to build its own Nuclear weapons, back in the early 1970's.

The E.U is a real disappointment and it has shown that it is a toothless dog that can only bark at others but not at America.
Even as we speak, the Iraqis have asked the ALL foreign forces to leave its country, including Americans but guess what?
The Americans are already threatening them with "Sanctions that would make that of Iran look like child's play"!
Imagine o! Someone you invited to your house to help you, now kills your family memebers and is threatening you when you ask them to leave?
shocked angry
Is there another definition of the Word TERRORIST-BULLY?

Aboslute Power corrupts Absolutely
And you have forgotten that immediately the sanctions were lifted , Iran under the Ayatollah's instead of using the economic windfall to better the lots of their country , they went haywire trying to destabilized the entire region with their proxies running amok.

Iran brought this on themselves , The moment they failed woefully to gain regional influence which they wanted badly and ended up gaining regional notoriety - They took it further to attack the US embassy to provoke America into mass murder of ordinary Iraqis. America knew the plan ,what they were planning and decided to use him as an example for the Atyatollah's as a message that you can't mess around with the US and go scot free.

Iran can't do jack and you know why ? They are dealing with a mad American President who won't bart an eye to set the record straight.
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by OyinO: 8:29am On Jan 06, 2020
dawnomike:
Everyone should just stand down for now!!!
Russian spy was killed on british soil - No war
Kashoggi was killed in Turkey - No war
Bin laden was killed in pakistan - No war

This case can be resolves wit no war if everyone suing for it could just stand down

Nonsense biased quote. Would you have said the same thing if it was a US citizen that got killed by Iran? Has the USA ever failed to avenge her murdered citizens? The case can be resolved with no war but you never called the US to stand down so as to avoid war by not killing an Iran top commander and resolving issues through dialogue and diplomatic negotiations. How dumb?
What dumb Nizoorian citizens don't know is that each US president is commissioned and assigned with a role to take down one perceived enemy state/leader on the planet. If you know your recent history, you'll know which of the US presidents that invaded Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, etc. And lastly, when war erupts in that region, ripple effects would be felt very hard in Africa and elsewhere. A liter of fuel may sell as much as N1,000.
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by Ebenezar2020(m): 8:30am On Jan 06, 2020
kareemkamil:
American also afraid the repercussions of what they have done.
oh shut it mr Muslim terrorist
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:30am On Jan 06, 2020
alexola20:
And do you know what happened next that took President Erdogan to took a quick flight to Moscow and apologized publicly for that event even when he had boasted that Turkey won't apologize for it.
Terrorist hit at Istanbul airport,coup plot that could have topple his govt and Turkey will be quickly turned to Syria or Libya or worse.
Nobody dares the Russians.
The history has taught us.

which history? have you heard of "russo-japanese war*??
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by Ebenezar2020(m): 8:34am On Jan 06, 2020
Carlyboi:
Who dem go support before no be only if them
They egg each other one world bullies!well they also got their dose of the Libya crisis tho with the number of terrorist attacks they got!
exactly France was the worst hit
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by Ebenezar2020(m): 8:36am On Jan 06, 2020
madjune:
See Macron already dey fear because Trump figured out his two faced nature at the last summit where he was busy gossiping Trump.

Trump will need to make a bold, active statement this year to win re-election and levelling Iran could be topmost on the list.

It's a Republican govt folks.
They are known for fighting.
abeg that gossiping video. how do I get the link to watch it?
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by Ebenezar2020(m): 8:38am On Jan 06, 2020
RealMrNigerD:

Be honest with yourself, forgetting you're a Muslim. Iran is a problem to the world and the only reason U.S still lets them exist is their consideration for innocent citizens and global observation. As a Muslim please don't have a soft spot for radical Islamic terrorists, just support peace which is what Islam should be about.
I wanted to diss that guy and serve him hot this morning but I saw your reply to him and backed off.
you're so absolutely right
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by teepain: 8:39am On Jan 06, 2020
godbless120:
This is what the world needed especially north korea..
Iran were busy holding up oil tankers, proving stubborn head with their nuclear program, making noise about attack on american soil.. now the blow has been strike, let them retaliate.
For nigerian police (that malam) and nigerians crying fouls, let me ask you, did nig. fought in world war 1 & 2?.
If no then why are you crying
?

Yes Nigeria fought in the 2nd world war, on the side of the British.
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:39am On Jan 06, 2020
OhBiafra:
Afraid of what? This Soliemani they took out like Christmas chicken threatened them more than any other Iranian had done, but see how easily he was taken out. The same Soleimani that said Trump will start the war but they (Soleimani and his fighters) will be the ones to determine how it ends, was taken out even before the war starts.

hahahahahahaha
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by Sterope(f): 8:42am On Jan 06, 2020
People supporting the West despite everything they have put us through and despite all they are still doing to keep us dependant.

Very interesting! Stockholm Syndrome is real
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by AdegbiteAdemola(m): 8:53am On Jan 06, 2020
One4me:

I wont argue with you but will just ask you to provide any CREDIBLE EVIDENCE to back up that your claim, apart from just quoting Faux News of CNN or some other CIA mouth-piece.
I am waiting.

But in the meantime, recall that America invaded Iraq of FALSE PRETEXES, MANUFACTURED LIES and DECIET of even its own people.
The Iraqi people resented this and fought back but America over-powered them, killed their President, looted their Gold and has been stealing their Oil since then.
They want America out of their country but are powerless to fight back hence their resort to "hit and run tactics", using crude means like roadside bombs.
The people formed themselves into resistance groups and America labelled such groups as "terrorists" when infact, we know who the invader and actaul terrorists is!
Just because this assassinated man "gives training to Iraqi Soldeirs" and was also the one that leads the force that fought ISIS in Iraq, this is the silly excuse that the Americans are mouthing, that you are quoting!

Infact, a lot of American generals said, on the first day of his assasination, that they are shocked that America will kill the person that has assisted the whole world in defeating ISIS in Iraq and the Levant. (though, as expected, most of them are towing the "official line" now, since everyone has to rally round the flag, as we say).

The anger of America was that attack on their green Zone embassy in Iraq and that was done by native Iraqis and the iraqi PMF, not Suleiman.
But like in the attack on iraq, when America wants to get you, they just use any excuse to do their evil job.
They killed him because they see it as a blow to Iran, for the downing of their Drone that they were using to spy on Iran, in Iranian space.

And dont forget, elelction is this year, like all American President, war is seen as a plus to win an election (weird and stupid American public!).
Add to that mix, Israel that uses America to weaken its neighbours and do its dirty job, while it builds itself as the sole super power of the middle east. undecided undecided

Make l nor talk everything wey l know, make them nor come Drone my Kunnu Shinkafi grin grin

Broz you must really be an insider to know this much o. In your view, every crime the general is said to have committed is not true. I ll say everyone just choose to believe what they want to believe.

But the main truth is Iran should thread sofly as they are no match for america and it seems no real force is behind them on this one.
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by Sterope(f): 8:57am On Jan 06, 2020
So you would rather support a nation that has consistently destabilised other regions, supported militias who turned to terrorists, funded coups in other countries because their economic policies were unfavourable. Nations that are somehow responsible for the sad state of African countries.

Because you hate Muslims or what?

It is weirdly funny that a man who complains of marginalisation of his minority group do not have problem supporting nations that bully smaller nations because of their oil and other economic gains they wish to enjoy.

Have you ever pondered on what US has done against Iran? It started when they funded a coup because Iran decided to use their OIL for their own benefit and they continued to interfere till the present day. Yet you from an oil rich region thinks Iran standing for itself is wrong?

FYI, these countries also own oil companies causing environmental damages in your regions. I read they are already leaving because Buhari decided the leeching was too much. Now you are going to be left with all those damages.

I am not pro-Iran. It has done really bad things but it has not done as much damage to the world like your western countries.

Sir, you are a hypocrite. Let me see you complain about marginalisation of the Niger Delta.

Truckpusher:
The unpredictable nature of Mr Trump is a clear sign that anything can happen.

Unlike the gay pacifist Obama.

I am comfortably waiting for Iran to do shit, the chest beating is enough.
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by Sterope(f): 9:03am On Jan 06, 2020
The dunderheads also forgot that America supported Iraq before eventually invaded Iraq.

But no, every other country because they are majorly Muslims are the bad guys. Lets not forget that Islamic Terrorism was born because of America too.

One4me:

I wont argue with you but will just ask you to provide any CREDIBLE EVIDENCE to back up that your claim, apart from just quoting Faux News of CNN or some other CIA mouth-piece.
I am waiting.

But in the meantime, recall that America invaded Iraq of FALSE PRETEXES, MANUFACTURED LIES and DECIET of even its own people.
The Iraqi people resented this and fought back but America over-powered them, killed their President, looted their Gold and has been stealing their Oil since then.
They want America out of their country but are powerless to fight back hence their resort to "hit and run tactics", using crude means like roadside bombs.
The people formed themselves into resistance groups and America labelled such groups as "terrorists" when infact, we know who the invader and actaul terrorists is!
Just because this assassinated man "gives training to Iraqi Soldeirs" and was also the one that leads the force that fought ISIS in Iraq, this is the silly excuse that the Americans are mouthing, that you are quoting!

Infact, a lot of American generals said, on the first day of his assasination, that they are shocked that America will kill the person that has assisted the whole world in defeating ISIS in Iraq and the Levant. (though, as expected, most of them are towing the "official line" now, since everyone has to rally round the flag, as we say).

The anger of America was that attack on their green Zone embassy in Iraq and that was done by native Iraqis and the iraqi PMF, not Suleiman.
But like in the attack on iraq, when America wants to get you, they just use any excuse to do their evil job.
They killed him because they see it as a blow to Iran, for the downing of their Drone that they were using to spy on Iran, in Iranian space.

And dont forget, elelction is this year, like all American President, war is seen as a plus to win an election (weird and stupid American public!).
Add to that mix, Israel that uses America to weaken its neighbours and do its dirty job, while it builds itself as the sole super power of the middle east. undecided undecided

Make l nor talk everything wey l know, make them nor come Drone my Kunnu Shinkafi grin grin
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by ibietela2(m): 9:04am On Jan 06, 2020
quickly:

World war 3 has technically happened or ongoing -- Nations ( US, EU, Nigeria, Kenya, Cameron etc vs Islamic Terrorrism)

The only difference is that the "world war" is between nations state vs islamic jihadists (who want to create their khalifate)

All these idiot journalist itching for world war but when it starts them go no say no be play play

World war 2 - hundred of Millions of people died- human life is as valuable as chicken life

When war starts death is a great escape and easy way out- alot of suicidal ppl

Iran wil huff and puff and continue sponsoring terrorism. Unless them no get sense and pride over take them. they should just take this death of general and let know their place.

Just like a barking chihuahua vs a bulldog

If Iran is sponsoring terrorism what is US sponsoring? Peace keeping?

I dislike people who accuse Iran but hails the US (the chief architect of all the unrest in the world) as Angel.

In your mind killing a general in another country is good because they told you he is evil and without proof you swallowed it.
Re: Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US by lucky4west: 9:13am On Jan 06, 2020
the death of the general will still pass...like Osama and others...this should not lead to war because every one suffer in a war situation and as for Iran they will just get wiped off by the US, the US has been gathering and stockpiling arms for years and are becoming impatient with lack of usage and action akin to the Hiroshima case,make Iran no let US unleash terror Trump is not a docile president like mallam Bubu...as you have all observed mallam Bubu has not made an official statement regarding the death of the Iranian General it is obvious he is scared of the US and also does not want to procure the hatred of his felllow muslim brothers in Iran...right now mallam Bubu is sitting on a keg of gun powder...if he back the US Iran will see him as a weakling and traitor to the islamic faith and if he support Iran Trump will blast him and label him enemy of America...my take is mallam Bubu abeg hold your peace it is not a must to make an official statement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Joe Biden Takes 5,587-vote Lead Over Donald Trump In Pennsylvania / People Gather Outside Buckingham, Windsor, And Balmoral To Mourn The Queen(Pics) / China Military ‘drove Away’ US Warship In South China Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.