Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,979 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

My Greatest Regret - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Greatest Regret (2766 Views)

My Greatest Regret / My Greatest Regret / Touching & Kissing A White Man Is My Greatest Achievement - 18-Year-Old Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Greatest Regret by ty4real123: 8:03pm On Jan 06, 2020
DEAR YOUNG GUYS AT AGE 22 TO 28 YEARS OLD

Don't make our mistakes. Marry now with the little you have. Don't wait to be a millionaire. Have kids early so you can grow with them. At my age I don't have kids yet and it's my greatest regret.

Grow with your kids and succeed with your wife. You might still not succeed at your target years, so start your life early and with consistency you will grow.

When I was 22 years, I was thinking about making billions before I marry. Many years later Billions didn't come and No kids, No wife.
I had an opportunity to marry the love of my life when I was 23 years in my Graduation year in school but all I was thinking was "What am I going to feed her with?"

Right now she's married to another guy, she has given birth to two kids and all grown. The guy that married her was still schooling by then but they worked on their success together.

I failed, so please If you can feed yourself 3 or 4 times a day, it means you can feed your wife and you have to believe it. Marry early and don't wait.
Don't make our mistakes because I see my childhood friends play with their kids. Most of them are not doing as well as me but they're happy in their marriage.

Trust me, it isn't about money, though it count but rather your happiness depends entirely on your wisdom.You can be poor and comfortable. With a well planned life they're happy. Trust me it isn't about money.

What was my problem? Build mansion, buy Rolls Royce, marry a Sharon Stone type of lady? Never because I still don't have those things I dreamed of and of course the years I wasted, I can never have them and I mean never.
I can't be 60yrs old and my kids will still be in their 20's. What am I supposed to be? Their grand father or father?

Please young men, take my advice seriously. Let the little you have speak for you. Settle down early because God can change your life in a blink. With a good wife by your side you will succeed.
No matter how hard life is, no matter the situation, no matter what the devil or demons will do, start your life early and stay blessed.
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE IS ENOUGH

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Greatest Regret by Adasun(m): 8:11pm On Jan 06, 2020
To feed three mouths no easy o,just hustle o

2 Likes

Re: My Greatest Regret by czarina(f): 8:38pm On Jan 06, 2020
It is well with you
Re: My Greatest Regret by psalmsmiles(m): 10:38pm On Jan 06, 2020
truer words have never been said. No be everybody go be millionaire. Once you can cater for two and have big dreams and a vision, you're good to settle down.

5 Likes

Re: My Greatest Regret by MycroftHolmes: 10:49pm On Jan 06, 2020
Quite sad, we can't rewind the hand of time.

Thanks for the advice also.. You probably just saved someone else from a life of regrets.

It is well.
Re: My Greatest Regret by biddostandard: 11:28pm On Jan 06, 2020
czarina:
It is well with you
what is well?
Re: My Greatest Regret by good4all40: 5:29am On Jan 07, 2020
Nice advice thanks
Re: My Greatest Regret by farady(m): 5:55am On Jan 07, 2020
It's well brother. I just pray you're able to walk around this. I know t can be pretty difficult and most times lead to mid life crises.

Very good advise to guys in the age bracket but then the country as at now no dey easy. Majority of guys in this age bracket are still in the universities/polytechnics (i.e for those that managed to gain admission for more than four/five attempts). Those who even graduated are either unemployed or underemployed/grossly underpaid. Others outside the education band are in God knows where. Bottomline is the operating conditions for young guys to get married in the country no be am. I can go on and on...

I pray God will see you through.

3 Likes

Re: My Greatest Regret by CAPSLOCKED: 6:06am On Jan 07, 2020
ty4real123:

Don't make our mistakes. Marry now with the little you have. Don't wait to be a millionaire.

THIS MEANS YOUNG MEN WILL START MARRYING THEMSELVES BECAUSE WE LADIES ARE NOT READY TO MARRY POOR NON-MILLIONAIRES.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Greatest Regret by uthlaw: 6:35am On Jan 07, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

THIS MEANS YOUNG MEN WILL START MARRYING THEMSELVES BECAUSE WE LADIES ARE NOT READY TO MARRY POOR NON-MILLIONAIRES.
me don't even understand what is special about getting married...

1 Like

Re: My Greatest Regret by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 07, 2020
One of the reasons many families live in abject poverty is what the OP has just said. You regret but thousands of your age mates do not regret.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Greatest Regret by DNSPro: 7:49am On Jan 07, 2020
psalmsmiles:
truer words have never been said. No be everybody go be millionaire. Once you can cater for two and have big dreams and a vision, you're good to settle down.

The problem I personally have is the selfishness among Nigerian ladies. Only a few understand the true meaning of relationship.

They want to take without giving... Also, most of them are lazy and not even willing to improve themselves. I can't marry a lady who is not even striving on her own... Cos I don't believe in House Wife crap. We both must work to bring something to the table and If I don't see you as someone with such potential, that relationship will not go anywhere.

4 Likes

Re: My Greatest Regret by DNSPro: 7:54am On Jan 07, 2020
uthlaw:
me don't even understand what is special about getting married...
nothing too special bro. It's just Nigerians with their mentality. One of my bros, despite being rich and well educated as a Medical Doctor in the US, he didn't marry until he was well above 40 years. Now that is a guy in a country where things works but here with poverty capital, they are not even thinking.

Part of the unavailability of jobs is because of mindless childbirth by the poor among us, some of whom end up as political tools in causing mayhem.

Anyway, to each his own

3 Likes

Re: My Greatest Regret by herzernIsHere: 9:52am On Jan 07, 2020
Up to this time. . .

I don't still see the need for this marriage everyone is talking about.

1 Like

Re: My Greatest Regret by Omar09(m): 12:21pm On Jan 07, 2020
ty4real123:
Don't make our mistakes. Marry now with the little you have. Don't wait to be a millionaire. Have kids early so you can grow with them. At my age I don't have kids yet and it's my greatest regret.

You can not detect for people what they should and shouldn't do.
That you are at your age whatever it is and don't have kids, you should check the medics to know what is wrong.
Yes not everyone will be a millionaire or a billionaire, you should not advice people to enter something as risky as marriage without a plan. And a plan without capital is like words spoken into air expecting it to move a stone.

Right now she's married to another guy, she has given birth to two kids and all grown. The guy that married her was still schooling by then but they worked on their success together.

You should never compare yourself with anyone let alone women. A girl who is 5yrs younger than you has gone 10yrs further than you into achieving her career.

I failed, so please If you can feed yourself 3 or 4 times a day, it means you can feed your wife and you have to believe it. Marry early and don't wait.
Don't make our mistakes because I see my childhood friends play with their kids. Most of them are not doing as well as me but they're happy in their marriage.

This analogy is very wrong @bolded. If you can afford to feed yourself 3 times a day does not mean you can feed an extra mouth. Mathematically you will half your meal per square which will leave you both hungry. And when a baby comes in, you will half both her meal and yours to make up for the baby. I just don't want to go into the mathematics of this.

Trust me, it isn't about money, though it count but rather your happiness depends entirely on your wisdom.
Please young men, take my advice seriously. Let the little you have speak for you. Settle down early because God can change your life in a blink. With a good wife by your side you will succeed.
No matter how hard life is, no matter the situation, no matter what the devil or demons will do, start your life early and stay blessed.
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE IS ENOUGH

It isn't about money yes, but it's better going through all that in your mansion without anybody disturbing you for rent and using your car to ply any route without asking for petrol.

In all, there's no wisdom in all you said. It would have had a little wisdom if the proposed women want to marry poor men and I don't blame them, cause I don't like being poor and wouldn't marry poor. And you shouldn't because you are privileged to have a smart phone spill your foolishness on the internet. The internet never forgets.

Cheers!

5 Likes

Re: My Greatest Regret by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 07, 2020
[quote author=ty4real123 post=85563307]DEAR YOUNG GUYS AT AGE 22 TO 28 YEARS OLD

Grow with your kids and succeed with your wife. You might still not succeed at your target years, so start your life early and with consistency you will grow.

When I was 22 years, I was thinking about making billions before I marry. Many years later Billions didn't come and No kids, No wife.
I had an opportunity to marry the love of my life when I was 23 years in my Graduation year in school but all I was thinking was "What am I going to feed her with?"

Trust me, it isn't about money, though it count but rather your happiness depends entirely on your wisdom.You can be poor and comfortable. With a well planned life they're happy. Trust me it isn't about money.

What was my problem? Build mansion, buy Rolls Royce, marry a Sharon Stone type of lady? Never because I still don't have those things I dreamed of and of course the years I wasted, I can never have them and I mean never.
I can't be 60yrs old and my kids will still be in their 20's. What am I supposed to be? Their grand father or father?

A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE IS ENOUGH[/quote ]bro how old are u now?

1 Like

Re: My Greatest Regret by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 07, 2020
[quote author=ty4real123 post=85563307]DEAR YOUNG GUYS AT AGE 22 TO 28 YEARS OLD

No matter how hard life is, no matter the situation, no matter what the devil or demons will do, start your life early and stay bless)bro how old are u now?
Re: My Greatest Regret by Tessie01(f): 1:28pm On Jan 07, 2020
Well said op. May God help us to make the right choice with the right person. Amen

1 Like

Re: My Greatest Regret by Offpoint: 1:30pm On Jan 07, 2020
I'm glad I'm not married.
Re: My Greatest Regret by millionboi2: 1:35pm On Jan 07, 2020
Nonsenses

Make such u have a source of income b4 marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Greatest Regret by referandum(m): 2:58pm On Jan 07, 2020
Sometimes, it's the right woman that can help you get there. And some will bring down from where you are. Its dicey.
Re: My Greatest Regret by oceanized25(m): 3:28pm On Jan 07, 2020
What is wrong if you are 60,in your 60's and you child is 28,op?
The point is, we want to make a better future for our kids, the kind our parents didn't give us, so if a brother decides to wait till his 30's before getting married, by all means, ride on soldier...you are not walking alone!
Re: My Greatest Regret by Liposure: 3:55pm On Jan 07, 2020
Offpoint:
I'm glad I'm not married.
y do u say dat
Re: My Greatest Regret by ITbomb(m): 4:08pm On Jan 07, 2020
Adasun:
To feed three mouths no easy o,just hustle o
Na old school thinking be that, better wife now dey earn money and use it for the family.
Personally, my wife takes care of monthly stocking of house provisions (beverages, toiletries and small food stuff from nearby stores) from her salary while I focus on money for market, school and clothing
Re: My Greatest Regret by Powersurge: 7:58pm On Jan 07, 2020
Firstly as Laudable as your advice might be, it makes sense to allow people to discover their path by themselves. For one, it's not a sin to marry late.

Though I don't buy the idea of having everything b4 marriage. But it makes sense to be financially bouyant B4 bringing a child to this world.

If you give yourself a particular standard before getting married, and it doesn't come, you must not crucify yourself. It was a risk you took. That it didn't come doesn't mean you have failed.

We CANNOT all move in the same direction. Abraham had his son at over 90 years. God gave him 70 years to enjoy the child. Haven't you see people that married early but did not have issue till their 50s?

Learn to run your own race. If you fail in that path, so be it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

OMG.! Guess Who Finally Said YES.!! This Girl Is Crazy Lol. / I Flog My Girl -is True That You Have To Beat Some Girls, Before Their Head Corr / Nigerian Lady Reveals The Number Of People She Has Infected With HIV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.