Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

How Can I Explain To Someone That I Can't Stay With Them. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Explain To Someone That I Can't Stay With Them. (1327 Views)

At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. / My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us / Should I Stay With My Parents And Invest Or Should I Leave? Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Explain To Someone That I Can't Stay With Them. by Florenccce: 9:15pm On Jan 06, 2020
I intend relocating to ibadan so I got an apartment. But I didn't have the money for rent. Today I reluctantly moved in with my aunt. She was too nice and she tried to make everywhere comfortable for me. Now this evening I got a call from the owner of the apartment that since the place is sublet he will first rent out the place for 3months to me to see if I can live with him. Now I can afford the 3months and I am eager to move to the place. But the problem now is how I will tell my aunt and leaving. Any advice please?
Re: How Can I Explain To Someone That I Can't Stay With Them. by czarina(f): 9:25pm On Jan 06, 2020
Let her know you finally got a place then simply appreciate her for her kindness.

No too read thoughts abeg.

And before you leave, hope you made sure you can adequately afford the rent after the 3-month probation?

If you don't mind me asking, do they accept 3 months rent in Ibadan or it's just your landlord making an exception? Never heard of that. I'd really appreciate an answer.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Explain To Someone That I Can't Stay With Them. by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:31pm On Jan 06, 2020
just sit down and explain the matter to your aunt just like you would to a friend/parent.....but you have to be sure about that because what if it doesnt work after 3 months? would you now go back to the same aunt that you told you didnt want to stay with?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Explain To Someone That I Can't Stay With Them. by Florenccce: 9:41pm On Jan 06, 2020
czarina:
Let her know you finally got a place then simply appreciate her for her kindness.

No too read thoughts abeg.

And before you leave, hope you made sure you can adequately afford the rent after the 3-month probation?

If you don't mind me asking, do they accept 3 months rent in Ibadan or it's just your landlord making an exception? Never heard of that. I'd really appreciate an answer.
Nooo. It's a sublet. I will be sharing the house with the person. So that's why he wanted to know the kind of person I am.
Re: How Can I Explain To Someone That I Can't Stay With Them. by Florenccce: 9:43pm On Jan 06, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
just sit down and explain the matter to your aunt just like you would to a friend/parent.....but you have to be sure about that because what if it doesnt work after 3 months? would you now go back to the same aunt that you told you didnt want to stay with?
Mmmm you are right but in the 3months I should be able to have found another place
Re: How Can I Explain To Someone That I Can't Stay With Them. by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:46pm On Jan 06, 2020
Florenccce:
Mmmm you are right but in the 3months I should be able to have found another place

3months is not a long time but, if you are sure about the fact that you will never need the help of your aunt for accommodation then, by all means, move to that flat.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Explain To Someone That I Can't Stay With Them. by czarina(f): 9:46pm On Jan 06, 2020
Florenccce:

Nooo. It's a sublet. I will be sharing the house with the person. So that's why he wanted to know the kind of person I am.
Alright.

Be careful though.
Re: How Can I Explain To Someone That I Can't Stay With Them. by bukatyne(f): 10:03pm On Jan 06, 2020
Florenccce:
I intend relocating to ibadan so I got an apartment. But I didn't have the money for rent. Today I reluctantly moved in with my aunt. She was too nice and she tried to make everywhere comfortable for me. Now this evening I got a call from the owner of the apartment that since the place is sublet he will first rent out the place for 3months to me to see if I can live with him. Now I can afford the 3months and I am eager to move to the place. But the problem now is how I will tell my aunt and leaving. Any advice please?

You want to leave your nice aunt who has made 'everywhere comfortable for you' so you can stay with a strange guy you are subletting from.

You are concerned because your aunt and/or parents expect you to stay with your aunt for a longer period. Secondly, you don't know how to tell them that you are living in with a man.

Why are you in a hurry to move out from your aunt's when you just struggled to gather three month's rent?

Tell us, this three months trial, what exactly does the guy want to determine? The ability to cook? Clean house? Fu*k?

What exactly is this guy judging for the three months trial?

We ALWAYS need to make decisions with foresight and common sense.

15 Likes

Re: How Can I Explain To Someone That I Can't Stay With Them. by yomi007k(m): 11:43pm On Jan 06, 2020
bukatyne:

You want to leave your nice aunt who has made 'everywhere comfortable for you' so you can stay with a strange guy you are subletting from.

You are concerned because your aunt and/or parents expect you to stay with your aunt for a longer period. Secondly, you don't know how to tell them that you are living in with a man.

Why are you in a hurry to move out from your aunt's when you just struggled to gather three month's rent?

Tell us, this three months trial, what exactly does the guy want to determine? The ability to cook? Clean house? Fu*k?

Just my thought...but you harsh small o tongue

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Explain To Someone That I Can't Stay With Them. by Sanchez01: 3:52am On Jan 07, 2020
Florenccce:

Why go through the stress of moving around when you can conveniently stay at your aunt's when she isn't making life unbearable for you in any way? If what essence is moving to an apartment where you'll likely cohabit with a total stranger just so he could sublet the place to you after three months? What happens after three months and he suspects you are not fit to manage the place and you can't get an apartment in time?

I understand people desire to move for 'privacy reasons' but this... Well, bukatyne already said it as is.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Explain To Someone That I Can't Stay With Them. by finest0007(m): 8:27am On Jan 07, 2020
People have given their opinion. I hope you arrive at something that'll be favourable to you eventually.

PS: I sent you a mail. Kindly check. Thanks
Re: How Can I Explain To Someone That I Can't Stay With Them. by Triniti(m): 8:45am On Jan 07, 2020
Stay with your aunt. Save money for rent, instead of moving in with a total stranger whom you might find hard to cope with.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Explain To Someone That I Can't Stay With Them. by Greatzeus(m): 10:33am On Jan 07, 2020
bukatyne:

You have sense, unlike many like the Op
Re: How Can I Explain To Someone That I Can't Stay With Them. by rain21(f): 11:10am On Jan 07, 2020
op please stay with ur aunt since she's nice to you and save the money for something else. it will be cheaper and better for you that way
Re: How Can I Explain To Someone That I Can't Stay With Them. by Kelechi009: 11:35am On Jan 07, 2020
Harsh Harsh Aunty, na wa oh!

Baby things are not that expensive, let her go & enjoy herself please

bukatyne:

Re: How Can I Explain To Someone That I Can't Stay With Them. by Graxie(f): 12:44pm On Jan 07, 2020
When this guy pregnant you tomorrow, you will open thread to blackmail others into thinking you didn't see it coming. How can you go and live with a total stranger, man that is not your relationship, claiming it's just for three months. Please while you are there, use condom. Don't let him turn you to Toby the virgin harvester.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Explain To Someone That I Can't Stay With Them. by Saintmary(f): 1:00pm On Jan 07, 2020
Graxie:
When this guy pregnant you tomorrow, you will open thread to blackmail others into thinking you didn't see it coming. How can you go and live with a total stranger, man that is not your relationship, claiming it's just for three months. Please while you are there, use condom. Don't let him turn you to Toby the virgin harvester.
Chai, Toby has suffered, virgin has suffered ooo
Virgin harvester!!!!

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Explain To Someone That I Can't Stay With Them. by bukatyne(f): 3:18pm On Jan 07, 2020
yomi007k:

Just my thought...but you harsh small o tongue

It is called tough love.

Omo Yoruba ni yin.

To eyan ba wawakuwa, irikuri lo maan ri.

How can a babe put herself in such a position? Even a landlord sef would not ask a tenant for three months POC. If he wanted to test her ability to pay, he would have requested for her to pay a month upfront.

If he was concerned about her way of life, he would have given rules like 'no male visitors', ' no more than two visitors per time' etc.

Three months trial? After three months, bobo doesn't want her again, what next?
Re: How Can I Explain To Someone That I Can't Stay With Them. by bukatyne(f): 3:19pm On Jan 07, 2020
Greatzeus:

You have sense, unlike many like the Op

Funny at 'many like the OP'.
Re: How Can I Explain To Someone That I Can't Stay With Them. by yomi007k(m): 3:39pm On Jan 07, 2020
bukatyne:

It is called tough love.

Omo Yoruba ni yin.

To eyan ba wawakuwa, irikuri lo maan ri.

How can a babe put herself in such a position? Even a landlord sef would not ask a tenant for three months POC. If he wanted to test her ability to pay, he would have requested for her to pay a month upfront.

If he was concerned about her way of life, he would have given rules like 'no male visitors', ' no more than two visitors per time' etc.

Three months trial? After three months, bobo doesn't want her again, what next?

True. I hope she listens.
Re: How Can I Explain To Someone That I Can't Stay With Them. by bukatyne(f): 5:09pm On Jan 07, 2020
Kelechi009:
Harsh Harsh Aunty, na wa oh!

Baby things are not that expensive, let her go & enjoy herself please

Hahahahahahahaha!

Now you are worse than I am.

(1) (Reply)

My Husband Has Cheated On Me But I Do Not Believe In Divorce-please Advise / Many Women Are Married To Men Who Engaged In Homosexual Acts In Boarding School / After 33 Years Of Marriage, None Of The 4 Children Belongs To Him. (must Read).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.