Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,895 members, 7,814,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. (31235 Views)

I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? / Is It Too Late To Start Looking For A Wife At 36 Years Old ? / My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Peter532: 9:31am On Dec 22, 2023
Don't let peer pressure tension you.
I am 36 entering 37 few month from now and I still live with my mother.
My dad is late and my mum is aged, I see no reason going to rent an apartment when the one I am living can easily be mine.
I just need to refurbished it and I am good with my wives and kids.

I know some negative people will come to catch me witch saying I am for the death of my parents and so my kids Will wished for me too when I am aged.

That's where you are wrong no one is praying for anyone's death.
It's contentment.
I am planning on taking my relationship life serious and bring an offspring next year. Just a mini introduction my fiancee family that should do till we are ready to tie the knot.

Happy new year in advance.

125 Likes 12 Shares

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Bliss52: 9:34am On Dec 22, 2023
cool

Number one reason most Nigerians live away from their parents is fornication...

Indians , Pakistani, Arabs all stay with their parents till they get footings

My area brother, stayed comfortably with his parents even with wife and kids, till he built a small bungalow on one of his dads land

349 Likes 28 Shares

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Fountainofyouth(f): 9:49am On Dec 22, 2023
90% Nigerian men are always entitled to their parents property, they never want to build or have theirs, smh.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by stacyadams: 10:01am On Dec 22, 2023
Fountainofyouth:
90% Nigerian men are always entitled to their parents property, they never want to build or have theirs, smh.
grin grin

So it's pointless having children if parents don't want Thier children inheriting their property...I want to believe after your hard work on earth and your achievements you will want your structure according to wike to be inherited by a stranger?

177 Likes 8 Shares

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:06am On Dec 22, 2023
stacyadams:
grin grin

So it's pointless having children if parents don't want Thier children inheriting their property...I want to believe after your hard work on earth and your achievements you will want your structure according to wike to be inherited by a stranger?

Check out most threads here on inheritance and fighting for properties, it is always created by men which is embarrassing and disgraceful, Op for instance is proud of living in his father's house, if he has any atom of shame, he wouldn't come here to boost about it

My point is, if men are able to toil and make a name for themselves through various achievements, inheriting parents properties will only be seen as an added advantage, not something to fight and scream over.

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by mariahAngel(f): 10:25am On Dec 22, 2023
Op, are you the only child of your parents?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by jmoore(m): 11:41am On Dec 22, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Check out most threads here on inheritance and fighting for properties, it is always created by men which is embarrassing and disgraceful, Op for instance is proud of living in his father's house, if he has any atom of shame, he wouldn't come here to boost about it
What is your number on forbes list?
Are women forbidden from building a house?

215 Likes 18 Shares

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Evolutionism: 11:42am On Dec 22, 2023
Peter532:
My dad is late and my mum is aged, I see no reason going to rent an apartment when the one I am living can easily be mine.

I know some negative people will come to catch me witch saying I am for the death of my parents and so my kids Will wished for me too when I am aged.

It's contentment.
I am planning on taking my relationship life serious and bring an offspring next year. Just a mini introduction my fiancee family that should do till we are ready to tie the knot.

Stay calm, plan your life very well and if possible, Don't give birth in that house and also Move out to your own house when you are Made.

11 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by wiseone28: 11:51am On Dec 22, 2023
Rent dey cost now if you know

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Fountainofyouth(f): 11:52am On Dec 22, 2023
jmoore:

What is your number on forbes list?
Are women forbidden from building a house?

Except you are an illiterate, ignorant, intentionally unenlightened, or chose to live in a cave, a sane grown up adult shouldn't be asking these questions, but then, sound mind usually escape most of you when trying to make baseless points.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by jmoore(m): 11:59am On Dec 22, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Except you are an illiterate, ignorant, intentionally unenlightened, or chose to live in a cave, a sane grown up adult shouldn't be asking these questions, but then, sound mind usually escape most of you when trying to make baseless points.
Epitome of an ignoramus!

You dey mock the op. Show us your mansion.
You are allergic to success?
Log of wood dey your eyes and you want to remove a speck from another person eye.

188 Likes 14 Shares

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Fountainofyouth(f): 12:03pm On Dec 22, 2023
jmoore:

Epitome of an ignoramus!

You dey mock the op. Show us your mansion.
You are allergic to success?
Log of wood dey your eyes and you want to remove a speck from another person eye.

Comprehension failed you

Women nor dey build house for your village?

Have you ever seen women create a thread here about fighting for properties or inheritance?

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by fidelmarshal199: 12:06pm On Dec 22, 2023
Evolutionism:

Stay calm, plan your life very well and if possible, Don't give birth in that house amd also Move out to your own house when you make it.

What's wrong if he gives birth in the house? Please no superstitions.

15 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by jmoore(m): 12:08pm On Dec 22, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Comprehension failed you

Women nor dey build house for your village?

Have you ever seen women create a thread here about fighting for properties or inheritance?
Prof of misunderstanding!
Is the op fighting for property?

You shamed the op. Show us your mansion! You dey yarn babablu bulabu.

146 Likes 12 Shares

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by ahmedio2017(m): 12:12pm On Dec 22, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

My point is, if men are able to toil and make a name for themselves through various achievements, inheriting parents properties will only be seen as an added advantage, not something to fight and scream over.

Is there any area the op talks about fighting?

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Fountainofyouth(f): 12:15pm On Dec 22, 2023
ahmedio2017:

Is there any area the op talks about fighting?

Read to understand,

Does me saying "most threads" refer to Op alone?

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by ahmedio2017(m): 12:19pm On Dec 22, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Read to understand,

Does me saying "most threads" refer to Op alone?

Always try to comprehend before you make comment, someone like you and the society has caused the youth a lot to the extent that some people are no more. All in the name of I don't want to stay with my parents, I want to build house when they are not financially buoyant.

85 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Fountainofyouth(f): 12:19pm On Dec 22, 2023
jmoore:

Prof of misunderstanding!
Is the op fighting for property?

You shamed the op. Show us your mansion! You dey yarn babablu bulabu.

I shamed most men not only Op, and I'll continue to shame you all if you don't stop creating threads about arguments and fightings on inheritance and properties.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Fountainofyouth(f): 12:32pm On Dec 22, 2023
ahmedio2017:

Always try to comprehend before you make comment, someone like you and the society has caused the youth a lot to the extent that some people are no more. All in the name of I don't want to stay with my parents, I want to build house when they are not financially buoyant.

I'm starting to understand that most male monikers are educated illiterates,

How is it that you people fail to reason well? There are so many cases of men killing their brothers because of inheritance, selling off their dead brothers properties or claiming it as their own while sending wives and kids out on the streets, so many men here creating threads regarding having disputes on properties and inheritance thereby causing irreparable damages in the family and irreconcilable rift, yet this your comment is all you could come up with?

Op came to boost about living in his parents house, someone up there asked if he's the only child, he is yet to reply, meaning he isn't the only child, meaning there is a likelihood that there will be disputes in the nearest future on that property, yet you see that as some sort of achievement? No wonder Nigeria is the way it is today, if you can keep destroying the country , of course the family and home front will be child's play.

18 Likes 8 Shares

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by EmperorCaesar(m): 1:14pm On Dec 22, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

I used to think u were smarter than this but seeing u pull out such a huge figure from nowhere and still trying to wrap this false claims around men(In a world where men tend to leave bigger structures, in houses and legacies, far more than women) shows u arent even a fair logical person

U attack men and say unreasonable things about them just for the sake of it

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Jayboi(m): 1:15pm On Dec 22, 2023
It's a Nigerian mentality. Independence. It's necessary as it will make one grow up and be respected. That's why no matter how wealthy I become, I won't subscribe to building mansions because at the end of it all, na cobwebs go full am.
Build apartments. U can even give it out to Ur children to live in with their families. Mansions are good for young families having kids but sadly most can't afford it

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by EmperorCaesar(m): 1:21pm On Dec 22, 2023
As for the OP, see ehn

We have been dead for many millions of years and when we are here, we wont even live up to 2 centuries before we return to another millions of dead years...So life is too short to live it following one stupid manual by a mad author

Life has no manual, do whatever that makes u happy as in 100 years to this time, How u choose to live now wont bother anyone

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Natbrowny: 1:26pm On Dec 22, 2023
E normal.

Some Left the parents at 24. Went for hustle, got married and came back at 35.

If una leave parents.. Who wan take care of them

Enjoy jare. No let anyone tell u shit
Nigerians be giving foolish definitions to Comfort Zone..

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by ahmedio2017(m): 1:37pm On Dec 22, 2023
Natbrowny:
E normal.

Some Left the parents at 24. Went for hustle, got married and came back at 35.

If una leave parents.. Who wan take care of them

Enjoy jare. No let anyone tell u shit
Nigerians be giving foolish definitions to Comfort Zone..

Honestly you said it all, come and see many abandoned houses here, parents are no more children has also vanished all in the name of I don't want to stay with my parents. Eventually somebody else will inherit the properties what a rubbish the parents efforts are already in vain. Wasted efforts.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Apus: 1:47pm On Dec 22, 2023
ahmedio2017:

Honestly you said it all, come and see many abandoned houses here, parents are no more children has also vanished all in the name of I don't want to stay with my parents. Eventually somebody else will inherit the properties what a rubbish the parents efforts are already in vain. Wasted efforts.

I pity old parents who built big houses thinking their children will inherit them.
My dad's compound is so big, It can accommodate our families. I just dey pity dem as they've grown old and everyone don dey japa. Even our kids don't even want to stay with our grandparents. I stay most times with them to keep them company as I'm the only male child. My dad hates the idea of hiring maids. I have a landed property too and sometimes wonder if the same fate as my parent awaits me. I got the property so others won't see me as a failure. You know our mentality/culture here frowns at you raising a family in your parents house especially after reaching a certain age.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:18pm On Dec 22, 2023
Peter532:

It's contentment.

enjoy yourself,you have no reason to move.forget stupid pressure abeg.do you have siblings?I am the first son,my dad get 2 houses,my mama get 1 big house.when I dey 28,my guys dey build small small house, mostly because they come from polygamous home and house na prob.i go buy heavy ride dey cruise because in this life house can never be my prob.Na now I wan even build mine sef.i no pressure myself because house yakpa.

18 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Beverlyjean(f): 2:49pm On Dec 22, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Who should now be entitled to the property??

32 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Beverlyjean(f): 2:51pm On Dec 22, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

Only people that grew in struggling homes and rented apartments all their lives have ur mentality.... rich folks don't think like u ...

49 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Beverlyjean(f): 2:56pm On Dec 22, 2023
Fountainofyouth:

I shamed most men not only Op, and I'll continue to shame you all if you don't stop creating threads about arguments and fightings on inheritance and properties.

I don't understand u...so whats the problem with a man wanting to inherit his father's property...Abi u expect it to be given to charity ?? I really don't understand y a man will leave his father's mansion to go and rent a flat in same city , especially if he isn't buoyant enough... that mentality is very foolish... even in America, some of very rich homes have their son married with his wife living in same house...it happens all over the world...

55 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Fountainofyouth(f): 4:04pm On Dec 22, 2023
Beverlyjean:

I don't understand u...so whats the problem with a man wanting to inherit his father's property...Abi u expect it to be given to charity ?? I really don't understand y a man will leave his father's mansion to go and rent a flat in same city , especially if he isn't buoyant enough... that mentality is very foolish... even in America, some of very rich homes have their son married with his wife living in same house...it happens all over the world...

Beverlyjean:

Only people that grew in struggling homes and rented apartments all their lives have ur mentality.... rich folks don't think like u ...

Beverlyjean:

Who should now be entitled to the property??

You quoted me 3 times yet lack basic comprehension and understanding of my comments

What has riches got to do with dragging
and having disputes over inheritances? It's a mentality, a crass mentality

Poor people don't kill family members for properties? I hate repeating myself but are there not countless cases of men killing themselves over fathers properties from the rich to the poor? Countless threads on here by men over disputes on properties? Why drag and create enemies or kill each other over land and house when you can make something for yourselves? And they are mostly by men, very disgusting behaviour, even Op couldn't reply a comment that asked if he's an only child which means he isn't, so there will be a property and inheritance issue between him and his siblings in the nearest future

So many slow people on nairaland, very annoying, since you lack understanding, resist the urge to quote me, I can't be repeating myself countless times.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Klass99(f): 5:29pm On Dec 22, 2023

4 Likes

Re: At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. by Klass99(f): 5:41pm On Dec 22, 2023

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Many Kids Would You Love To Have In Future? Name Them / She Caught Her Husband Red Handed, Cheating. / “my Husband’s Girlfriend Took My Pant, Bra From Our Home,’’ Wife Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.