Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,041 members, 7,821,585 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me (28799 Views)

Jamb Says No Admission For 2020 UTME Candidates / No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C / Lasu Change Of Course Form For Lagos Indigenes With The Status “no Admission Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by ayennungette: 7:54am On Jan 08, 2020
[b]Keep trying, keep trying....[b][/b][/b] cool cool

1 Like

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by stanliwise(m): 8:11am On Jan 08, 2020
miracood:
Hello @all

In other not to bore u all with long talks I will be brief.

I left secondary sch in 2016 and ever since I've been trying my luck to get in pharmacy school.

I've written jamb four times, over the years I've applied

Delsu, Abu, Delsu, and Udus

I don't consider myself as a brilliant student but I am above average.

Although I am currently studying S.L.T but i am not and never satisfied with the course.. infact I don't even pay attention in class and I hardly attend class all I think of is pharmacy

it's affecting my life.. now I don't even Know how to proceed with my life.

Mods pls I need your help
Let me ask you one question. what is wrong with SLT?

1 Like

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Cousin9999: 8:40am On Jan 08, 2020
Keep your head up. It could be worse. You could have the face of an Indian.
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by gentlegenius(m): 9:33am On Jan 08, 2020
miracood:
Hello @all

I left secondary sch in 2016 and ever since I've been trying my luck to get in pharmacy school.

Although I am currently studying S.L.T but i am not and never satisfied with the course.. infact I don't even pay attention in class and I hardly attend class all I think of is pharmacy

60% of the poverty we face in this country is caused by this mindset: Go to school, get a certificate and use it to look for a job.

Forget all what people are telling you here.
Since you have deep passion for Pharmacy, stop wasting your time on SLT, withdraw from that Poly, look for a good Pharmacy or drug store in your area, enroll there as an apprentice. Humble yourself and learn. By the time you are done learning, you will be better than a Pharmacy graduate.
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by DEKOL: 9:41am On Jan 08, 2020
I went thru this experience many years ago . was at home for 5 years looking forward admission to study pharmacy . To the glory of God not only have bsc but two masters .Am an HR consultant today . pray to God for direction . he will surely direct you . Never , never , never ever give up .All will be well

2 Likes

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by ashewoboy(m): 11:02am On Jan 08, 2020
hmmmm
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by iaamxavier(m): 12:20pm On Jan 08, 2020
miracood:
by God's grace

Delta

Is that a yes or no?
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by MrRemedy(m): 1:16pm On Jan 08, 2020
DEKOL:
I went thru this experience many years ago . was at home for 5 years looking forward admission to study pharmacy . To the glory of God not only have bsc but two masters .Am an HR consultant today . pray to God for direction . he will surely direct you . Never , never , never ever give up .All will be well
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by MrRemedy(m): 1:18pm On Jan 08, 2020
gentlegenius:

60% of the poverty we face in this country is caused by this mindset: Go to school, get a certificate and use it to look for a job.

Forget all what people are telling you here.
Since you have deep passion for Pharmacy, stop wasting your time on SLT, withdraw from that Poly, look for a good Pharmacy or drug store in your area, enroll there as an apprentice. Humble yourself and learn. By the time you are done learning, you will be better than a Pharmacy graduate.

Shut up!

I know you're just trying to help, but Pharmacist ain't glorified sales rep, and Community Pharmacy practice is not all about Pharmacy.

You need to get hold of that degree to know it's worth.
Ask yourself have you ever seen a Pharmacist who is a pauper?
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Dvd4: 1:22pm On Jan 08, 2020
soberdrunk:
"I left secondary school in 2016", how is that 5 years no admission? angry
Na this one vex me pass oh!!!!
2016? That is not far? counting from 2017, it is 3 years now because 2020 is just started.
Plus the fact that he is already in school.
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 08, 2020
iaamxavier:

Is that a yes or no?
yes
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by gentlegenius(m): 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2020
MrRemedy:

Shut up!

I know you're just trying to help, but Pharmacist ain't glorified sales rep, and Community Pharmacy practice is not all about Pharmacy.

You need to get hold of that degree to know it's worth.
Ask yourself have you ever seen a Pharmacist who is a pauper?
Senseless people like you make me always stay away from Nairaland.
Stop quoting me until you are sensible enough to notice that Education in this country is a huge scam and that what a person know is now more valuable than the size of his/her degree.
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by MrRemedy(m): 8:12pm On Jan 08, 2020
[quote author=gentlegenius post=85623465]
Stop quoting me until you are sensible enough to notice that Education in this country is a huge scam and that what a person know is now more valuable than the size of his/her degree.[/quote

Fool!!!

How do you know things without being educated?

“Education is a scam"--- a clause for failures to console themselves.
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by brolanre: 8:15pm On Jan 08, 2020
you are getting your admission this year,my brother.I am 100% certain.

1 Like

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by MrRemedy(m): 8:19pm On Jan 08, 2020
gentlegenius:

Stop quoting me until you are sensible enough to notice that Education in this country is a huge scam and that what a person know is now more valuable than the size of his/her degree.

You still don't know what you are talking about, because Pharmacy is a professional course and there's no way you pass through the system without knowing everything about drugs.
Well, he can just follow ur way and end up being a sales boy to educated pharmacist.
Studying some courses here in Nigeria is a scam, but not Pharmacy.
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by wetdspace(m): 10:11pm On Jan 08, 2020
Full time!

It’s also the best, cos you’ll get to mix with the young mind and act maturely.

You can still work and establish yourself while schooling.

Omoluabi9:
Nice comment. Sir did you do full time or part time?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Frenzy01(m): 10:12pm On Jan 08, 2020
Monetize your social media account by joining LPV forum today... With just 1500 one time registration..
You get paid on daily basis for simple tasks you do online like liking, comments and sharing.. Whatsapp only 08101079819 to get more info
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by uchechefaith(f): 2:50pm On Jan 09, 2020
okorotalkative:
Which kain help you con need? Is it only via Jamb that you can study pharmacy?
which other way please
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by uchechefaith(f): 2:56pm On Jan 09, 2020
only 2016 and u are depressed already mine is more than 5yrs now coupled with financial issues.
if am a guy I won't really bother myself abt going to higher institution but make good money first then go for partime

1 Like

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Abyus(m): 8:24pm On Dec 24, 2020
miracood:
Hello @all

just incase u still interestd in studying pharmacy in one of the fed uni in nigeria send me a msg
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 25, 2020
Abyus:

just incase u still interestd in studying pharmacy in one of the fed uni in nigeria send me a msg
I've emailed u
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Abyus(m): 10:21am On Dec 25, 2020
miracood:
I've emailed u
trying to reply ur email hv proven abortive, kindly msg this nu,

MODIFIED- Number taken down due to unsolicited msgs
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Sachigas: 10:54am On Dec 25, 2020
Do you need university admissions?
Work study scholarship is available for limited courses
Accounting
Mass com
Business administration
Computer science etc
Message me for more info
Find me on Google, search for Sachi cooking gas online, visit the website and click on WhatsApp to message me. Offer ends 30/12/2020

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by kabiruDK(m): 12:21pm On Dec 25, 2020
miracood:
I've emailed u
I just went through this thread, its really heart touching.
I'm a Pharmacy student of A.B.U Zaria,message me :07080761220(whatsapp)
I may be of help.
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by MikeofKd(m): 8:33am On Dec 27, 2020
I still don't understand why people would tell others not to go to school ,say make dem go hustle for street ,everyone is different what works for Peter might not work for Paul .
Education is to gain knowledge ,it not a determinant of your success ,alot of people think cause they are educated they deserve all the best and finest things of life ,I laugh .Education would only open your eyes to more opportunities make u think about certain things from diff angles and sides ,it not a guarantee to make you fortune,so people should stop saying school na scam and all that.
If you know where you are headed ,u don't even need a degree ,u can soar above ur friends that went to school sef. Just believe in yourself ,pray God shows you the way to ur true path ,cause everyone has a path in life .

1 Like

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 27, 2020
hardeshynor:
Oga go and learn something joor!, sad do you know how many graduates without jobs are there roaming the street of Nigeria? Dude, learn something then you can study later. This country is messed up! I repeat it's messed up! �

Only for first choice?
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by divinemichael(m): 12:18pm On Dec 27, 2020
miracood:
Hello @all

I understand your plight,man.
I was once in a similar situation, three years no admission, I always wanted to study law, but I had to start in the department of mass communication at a polytechnic, I wrote jamb from there and now am studying law at unizik 200level. The issue is that from your claims, you don't pay attention and hardly attends SLT class, that's really bad if I would submit. Whilst a masscommunication student, I was keen on the course, though it was at the back of my mind I didn't belong there, but I still enjoyed and appreciated the course for its professional nature. From there I learnt alot, my mental horizon widened, and it aided me smashed my jamb unlike before. My jamb score was 279, I knew unizik will admit me. If your issue has been a lower jamb score, you need to focus in class,read effectively, study past questions and believe. You will be there in Christ name... Amen.

1 Like

Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by PolymathAdeoye(m): 10:15am On Jan 06, 2021
The simple answer,you don't read. 5years? Forget,you no read.
Re: 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me by Makavelli25: 4:17pm On Jan 06, 2021
miracood:
Hello @all

we are in the same boat. Left since 2016 also

If you wrote Jamb last year and you scored above 180 just got and change institution to Nigeria maritime University

Admission is certain for us this year

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History + Beliefs [MUST SEE] / Chinaza Asiegbu Accepted Into 8 Ivy League Schools In US. Photos / Iran To Build Universities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.