Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace (71399 Views)

NATO Member Slovakia Gives S-300 Air Defense System To Ukraine: Prime Minister / Provocation - Ukraine In Talks With NATO To Protect Airspace From Russia / Russia Tests S-400 Missiles In Crimea Amid Tensions With Ukraine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by PETUK(m): 10:56am On Jan 08, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:
Saying the truth does not mean anyone hates the US. The truth is that Trump made a very bad choice that is capable of hurting Americans and their interests very badly. The Russians will never be on the side of America in the event of any war in the middle east. The on going civil war in Syria is a pointer to that.

Trump is unfit to rule and lacks the wherewithal to occupy the white house. Iran will definitely hit back at US and no amount of threats made on twitter by Trump can discourage them. It is just a matter of time.

Americans please watch your back as the Persians are coming !
like i told someone, all the US need to do is offer the same to Ukraine then watch Russia backs down
Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by OfficiaCheftobi(m): 11:05am On Jan 08, 2020
FreebiesGRAM:
Russia for the money! cheesy
wetin concern Russia other than to sell weapons they sold weapons to Assad someone the nato was fighting. The biggest gainers of the so called rift is Russia
Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by OyinO: 11:09am On Jan 08, 2020
psychologist:
Now this is getting messier
The Russian are gradually coming to the mix, I arnt a warmonger But brothers and sister
The end is near cry
End of What?
Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by oluwaahmed: 11:13am On Jan 08, 2020
Kantanka:
Oya Business don start,

China and German will soon offer to sell weapon to them

If I be Iraq, I will be neutral like the Switzerland did in WW11,
I will shoot down both the US and Iranian objects flying over our airspace.

Probably US and Russia wants to test their new weapons.

Bros u don't really understand. The Iraq parliament wch consist of mostly shia Muslims voted to expel us troops in Iraq so that their country won't be the theatre of warfare. Their prime minister is yet to sign but the US is saying that their Parliament was not complete during the voting and that the shia parliamentarian were coerced to vote for their expulsion. In other words they ain't going nowhere. The real reason that soleimani was killed is because Iranian backed shia politicians were taking over Iraq democratically with military backing from IRAN. This destroys the essence of the american war in iraq because upon their exit Iran would have a proxy nation in Iraq. Russia is indirectly telling IRAQ PM to go ahead and assent to the bill that they have their full support. Mad oo. America will have no option but to leave Iraq, failure to do so will most likely get trump out of the white house because america cannot risk being openly seen as a human right abuser.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by ivolt: 11:14am On Jan 08, 2020
itsme01:

US violated that with the killing of Suliemani.. didnt you read the last report of Iraqi parliament summon of its prime minister ?

anyways to break it down, Trump asked Iraqi prime minister to summon Suliemani for a peace meeting in Iraq(since Suliemani is very respected in Iraq for fighting ISIS) on arrival after checking customs at the airport and entering Iraqi provided convoy, he was murdered by a US drone , this made Iraqi feel betrayed
Stop lying.
Trump didn't ask for Suliemani.
Suliemani is a military man not a diplomat or negotiator.
Even if that were true Suliemani is not a fool that would have responded to a US-sponsored summon.
This is not the first time Suliemani is entering Iraq to coordinate the activities of Shiite militias.
He just happened to have visited at the wrong time the last time around.
Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by Horus(m): 11:15am On Jan 08, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tffh3CIjgT8

Russia’s S-400 air defense system in action

1 Like

Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by Neoteny(m): 11:16am On Jan 08, 2020
It can bring down all the known US aircraft, including the F22 Raptor and F35 Lightning, the F16 Fighting Falcon, F18 Hornet, B2 Bomber, the MQ9 UAV, etc.

Range, 2 to 400km. Speed, 17,000 kilometers per hour

2 Likes

Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by abdullkabar(m): 11:20am On Jan 08, 2020
Let me see its effects on USD
Bro should be falling now
Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by calabardick(m): 11:22am On Jan 08, 2020
The war lords were waiting for this opportunity.
Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by calabardick(m): 11:23am On Jan 08, 2020
Neoteny:
It can bring down all the known US aircraft, including the F22 Raptor and F35 Lightning, the F16 Fighting Falcon, F18 Hornet, B2 Bomber, the MQ9 UAV, etc.

Range, 2 to 400km. Speed, 17,000 kilometers per hour

The speed is scary, nothing can escape this one

1 Like

Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by APCNig: 11:24am On Jan 08, 2020
frankmoney:
How Nigerians living in Nigeria love Trump more than Americans is a mystery to me i

Biafrans living in Nigeria you mean. No Nigerian love Trump, only Biafrans do.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by Clefayomide: 11:33am On Jan 08, 2020
Talk more about "the enemy of my friend is also my enemy"
Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by Neoteny(m): 11:37am On Jan 08, 2020
calabardick:

The speed is scary, nothing can escape this one

Yeah.

At Mach 14, no aircraft can.

But the speed is not as crazy as a rocket on escape velocity at 40,270 kilometers per hour.

1 Like

Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by ibietela2(m): 11:48am On Jan 08, 2020
Blindersoff:

There is more to all this than meets the eye. In 2015 Russia committed to share intelligence with Iraq, iran, Lebanon and Syria and this was aimed at fighting ISIS as a team.

Russia was an ally based on this and they presented this to the UN security council and at the same meeting U.S. Central Command confirmed that a Syrian rebel commander who recently completed the U.S. train-and-equip program did in fact turn over U.S. supplied equipment to Jabhat al-Nusra, al-Qaeda’s Syrian affiliate. The equipment included six trucks and ammunition supplies approximately 25 percent of the equipment provided by the coalition to the group of rebels. The rebel commander said it was given to an intermediary for Jabhat al-Nusra in exchange for safe passage and that the rebels still possess their U.S.provided weapons.

US has been the weapon sponsor of terrorism in the middle east and this excuse above was just a cover up for what they actually did. They did it knowingly and not in error.

You can read up

https://foreignpolicy.com/2015/09/28/russia-iran-iraq-and-syria-to-share-intelligence-on-islamic-state/

USA is a criminally minded country who only thrive off conflict and wars. Without wars USA cannot grow. What was a rebel doing being trained by USA and for what purpose?

Is it not one of those rebels Obama abi their house members gave $500M to enable them fight the government?
Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by Xisnin(m): 11:49am On Jan 08, 2020
Trapping:
Buying this weapon will be the wisest decision the Iraqi govt will make till date.

With this weapon no one can export democracy to Iraq again and her people can have peace once again.
You are not informed.
Iraq can never have permanent peace at least with its current government.
There are 2 diametrically opposed group in Iraq who would never trust each other.
Shiite and Sunni.
Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by tunary(m): 11:49am On Jan 08, 2020
Officialgarri:
Russia will always openly declare their support for US enemies grin
Russia will never acknowledge US as world power and would do anything to ensure their downfall
Russia will do anything to ensure the downfall of the US. Nothing to argue here, Russia knows that the US is world power. envy is the reason for their altitude
Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by Deepthoughts: 12:08pm On Jan 08, 2020
Blindersoff:

BEIRUT, LEBANON (10:00 A.M.) – Russia has offered Iraq their S-400 air defense system to protect their airspace, RIA Novosti reported this week, citing the Russian Ministry of Defense.

According to the report, the Iraqi military may purchase the Russian S-400 system after it was offered to them to “ensure the country’s sovereignty and reliable protection of airspace.”

“Iraq is a partner of Russia in the field of military-technical cooperation, and the Russian Federation can supply the necessary funds to ensure the sovereignty of the country and reliable protection of airspace, including the supply of S-400 missiles and other components of the air defense system, such as Buk-M3, Tor -M2 “and so on,” a member of the Public Council for the Russian Ministry of Defense said, as quoted by Avia.Pro.

Experts reportedly drew attention to the fact that a few months ago, Iraq was seriously mulling the possibility of acquiring the Russian air defense system; however, they reportedly backed off after pressure from the U.S.

If Iraq were to acquire the S-400 system, however, they would be the second country in the Middle East to have this air defense equipment in their arsenal

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/russia-offers-iraq-s-400-air-defense-system-to-protect-airspace/
This is what the Russians want,the opportunity to do business n people are giving Iran false courage,hahahaah! I just laughed.
Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by One4me: 12:14pm On Jan 08, 2020
Kantanka:
Oya Business don start,

China and German will soon offer to sell weapon to them

If I be Iraq, I will be neutral like the Switzerland did in WW11,
I will shoot down both the US and Iranian objects flying over our airspace.

Probably US and Russia wants to test their new weapons.

Shoot it down with what?
Does Iraq produce any Missile or cant it defend its own airspace, by itself?
Did you not hear Trump boast that he would cripple the Irqi economy like never before, if they try to send them out of Iraq?
Iraq don buy market! This US is an enemy within. grin grin
Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by One4me: 12:17pm On Jan 08, 2020
tunary:
Russia will do anything to ensure the downfall of the US. Nothing to argue here, Russia knows that the US is world power. envy is the reason for their altitude

Sharrap dea!
Russia is also a World Power.
Power-projection has nothing to do with envy, it is all about control and influence

Why do you think the US cannot attack Russia but resorts to economic sanctions?
Think before you respond, please.
Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by Microwhy: 12:18pm On Jan 08, 2020
caracas:

America is the only reason we’ve not had a Third World War.
They are the reason we enjoy peace in the world today.
You're truly a learner.
Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:21pm On Jan 08, 2020
POLITICS, The true father of all crimes, Evil and Terrorism.
Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:22pm On Jan 08, 2020
caracas:
America is the only reason we’ve not had a Third World War. They are the reason we enjoy peace in the world today.

You say wetin?
Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 08, 2020
psychologist:
Now this is getting messier

The Russian are gradually coming to the mix,
I arnt a warmonger
But brothers and sister

The end is near cry

End of what?
Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by WarriAproko: 12:30pm On Jan 08, 2020
Ewedegubbler:
They should say sell it to Iran now. I think say dem be allies.
Iran already have.
Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by Cherez: 12:47pm On Jan 08, 2020
itsme01:
grin

Trump wont like this at all, at all, Iraq wants US troops out of their country and Russia is already offering Air Defense system to shoot down any stupid over priced US drone

Isreal President just issued out a statement that it has no intrest in going to war, and barred its information minister on issuing statement on Suliemani's murder

Lol
You think this is Nigerian sentimental wars?
Oga, Iran better be careful
Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by Splendor27: 12:49pm On Jan 08, 2020
China and Russia won't fight a war for iran....all this is just politics and business.... Or u forget that Iran oil is number one in middle east.
Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by TheFearless(f): 12:50pm On Jan 08, 2020
rottennaija:

I keep wondering, why didn't the US strike the general on Iranian soil? Why wait for him to enter Iraq? Because US has Iraqi airspace in their pocket...

In as much as the US can do it right in Iran, trust me, it won't be as easy as it was in Iraqi air space.

Remember too, Iran has Russia S-400 which makes her airspace not too safe for US drone.
Trump knows this fact. Hence, the need to get Soleimani off Iranian space before the attack.

Hope you have also not forgotten Iran shot down US drone some time in 2019.
Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by rottennaija(m): 1:08pm On Jan 08, 2020
TheFearless:

In as much as the US can do it right in Iran, trust me, it won't be as easy as it was in Iraqi air space.

Remember too, Iran has Russia S-400 which makes her airspace not too safe for US drone.
Trump knows this fact. Hence, the need to get Soleimani off Iranian space before the attack.

Hope you have also not forgotten Iran shot down US drone some time in 2019.

Thats why the waited for him in Iraq airspace that's why they don't want Iraq to protect themselves

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by Ayobami7(m): 1:09pm On Jan 08, 2020
无聊的
Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 08, 2020
urahara:

Russia is selling them the weapons to protect their airspace from Iran.
It doesn't mean o. You see deception, it is one of the deadliest weapons even hydrogen bomb is a child's play to it. Remember that Russia and US have been flexing nuclear muscles for each other. If Iran lays US to waste imagine the gain they would get man it is so much compared to what they would gain from Iran. So Russia could switch sides or may have switched sides already as for me make them no come here dey kidnap us maka war. This should be a warning to Nigeria to build up our selves and prepare for independence.
Re: Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 08, 2020
caracas:

America is the only reason we’ve not had a Third World War.
They are the reason we enjoy peace in the world today.
Ehhn rubbish which peace those rumourmongers and selfish beasts. If they want to suck from Nigeria they would cause the same chaos they caused in Libya wicked fools.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial / Pics: Kenya Man Masturbates Publicly While Watching University Girls In Schl Bus / Barack & Michelle Obama Buy Martha's Vineyard Mansion For $11.75 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.