Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) (72780 Views)

Couple, Their 3 Children Die As Car Rams Into Truck On Lagos-Badagry Expressway / Oyebode Oyenuga: Nigerian Man Missing In Canada (Photo) / Man's Wife And 3 Children Die In Fatal Accident In Benue (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by Enemyofpeace: 5:46am On Jan 09, 2020
bjbjbj:
Oga you don come Canada before
Yes now. I live in Canada, iyana Ontario to be precised

1 Like

Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by Enemyofpeace: 5:47am On Jan 09, 2020
shiwex:

Is it not?
no mind that guy, what does he know
Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by Enemyofpeace: 5:48am On Jan 09, 2020
paulos4me50kano:

Says who. I have been there and I still return to my country Nigeria. There is no home like ur home.
We should all learn to migrate legally or remain in your country. Nigeria is difficult yes but we can all work to make it better individually.
yinmu
Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by Enemyofpeace: 5:51am On Jan 09, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
Must they stay in onitario
The place is casted
Why can’t they move to sackastian in canada
iyana Ontario is even better than where they are living. Course of living is also very ship there, especially african foods
Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by Enemyofpeace: 5:52am On Jan 09, 2020
Segeshow:

You sir are quite the idiot. Ode because you live in lekki and drive tokunboh you think you are balling. De day robbers shoot at your tokunboh when you are coming from quilox and hospitals reject you from lekki till you reach luth,the delusion that is doing you will clear for your eye like paul on the road to Damascus.
God bless you my brother
Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by bjbjbj: 6:13am On Jan 09, 2020
Where in Ontario
Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by DexterousOne(m): 8:29am On Jan 09, 2020
wonder233:
C'mon Nigerians! You guys should stop this needless desperation to stay abroad.
Imagine the avoidable waste of lives. Already indoctrinating young ones to be uttering statements like "they will rather die in Canada than go back to Nigeria". What does that little kid know? Does he know he may perhaps had ended up having a better life in Nigeria than the rag-tag cut throat life they live abroad? Where all they have to show for success is winter coats in the snow?

You have no idea my man
You really don't

You tHimk kids of today are not watching the news?

Or eavesdropping on conversations made by adults?

By age 6, many youngsters today already know NIGERIA is FVCKED

IT'S not something you can hide from them

Especially when they have been to different places
Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by nonix22(m): 9:43am On Jan 09, 2020
you forget to mention Syria,
hisexcellency34:
Some people be doing as if Nigeria is Somalia or Lesotho
Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by Passionate1(m): 9:56am On Jan 09, 2020
I no dey visit cold destinations. .
I hate cold Countries. .
Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by abujaafar18: 11:14am On Jan 09, 2020
Hope she didn't do permanent birth control.
A big lesson to all here
Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by Farki: 4:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
adonainana:

Fam its so bad oooo, like some people even prefer to go to Iraq than Nigeria.

Reminds me what one lady was saying in Punch the other day like, this bad road una dey complain about everyday.
If tommorrow now "all the roads, electricity, hospital was working well," Do u think u will all of a sudden become rich

But cant blame all these foreign families tho, they often avoid coming to nigeria because they cant afford anything in Nigeria tbh, some whilst even working abroad wasnt thinking of building a home or buying a car in nigeria.

So in essence, most people never return to nigeria because they dont have any single thing in nigeria to boast of.

Plus the normal hardship that requires money, so perhaps sometimes someone can understand why they would rather go to iran and die there than come to nigeria

It seems you have misplaced priorities, roads electricity and hospitals are the perquisites to building a functioning nation.When we have these amenities people will have an easier time carrying out business which increases everyone's standard of living. If we can't even provide the basics then don't be surprised when people risk their lives for a brighter future somewhere else.
Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by adonainana: 4:30pm On Jan 09, 2020
Farki:

It seems you have misplaced priorities, roads electricity and hospitals are the perquisites to building a functioning nation.When we have these amenities people will have an easier time carrying out business which increases [b]everyone's standard of living. [/b]If we can't even provide the basics then don't be surprised when people risk their lives for a brighter future somewhere else.

Pls send a message to any uncle you have that lives here the standard of living is higher i.e europe etc and ask him to send you $ 45 and ask another uncle that lives in Nigeria to send you the same amount. Note down the differences of the two as times goes on.

Come and see fire in the country where there are good roads etc, people living paycheck to paycheck, people stuck in europe and cant even afford flight back to Nigeria where they came from.

All the Nigerian millionaires in Nigeria presently is it not in in within that bad road they made thier money, the ones that left 30 years ago, what exalctly do you think they have except a mortgaged house that even doesnt fit being described as a Security boys quarter house in Nigeria

Pls wake up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by Farki: 7:18am On Jan 10, 2020
adonainana:

Pls send a message to any uncle you have that lives here the standard of living is higher i.e europe etc and ask him to send you $ 45 and ask another uncle that lives in Nigeria to send you the same amount. Note down the differences of the two as times goes on.

Come and see fire in the country where there are good roads etc, people living paycheck to paycheck, people stuck in europe and cant even afford flight back to Nigeria where they came from.

All the Nigerian millionaires in Nigeria presently is it not in in within that bad road they made thier money, the ones that left 30 years ago, what exalctly do you think they have except a mortgaged house that even doesnt fit being described as a Security boys quarter house in Nigeria

Pls wake up

It's like you enjoy poverty, have you even left the country before? undecided If you did I don't think you will be saying things like this.

You are bringing up fire in Australia, a naturally dry and arid place which fires love and saying living there is bad. Is it not in Oyo that there was market fire and the fire service next to it didn't have functioning equipment? Or the other 2 market fires in the East? At least there people are doing something about it can you say the same for Nigeria?

You are bragging about big house but how many people in Nigeria are renting that same house? House where you need 10 ft tall fence and 24/7 security so someone doesn't cart away your belongings. grin.

I know people that left, they don't want to come back, my aunt that lives abroad earns more than her relatives back home.

You are bringing up Nigerian millionaire when 1 million naira is 2200 euros, don't make me laugh. grin Even abroad where people struggle can you compare it to Nigeria where we don't pay civil servants for months and even at that we can't still give 30k minimum wage. Why do you think so many Nigerian doctors leave?

This Nigerian mentality where rotten infrastructure is not just normal but a thing of pride is why other countries have left us behind. It's only recently that people are slowly getting sense.
Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by adonainana: 7:29am On Jan 10, 2020
Farki:

It's like you enjoy poverty, have you even left the country before? undecided If you did I don't think you will be saying things like this.

You are bringing up fire in Australia, a naturally dry and arid place which fires love and saying living there is bad. Is it not in Oyo that there was market fire and the fire service next to it didn't have functioning equipment? Or the other 2 market fires in the East? At least there people are doing something about it can you say the same for Nigeria?

You are bragging about big house but how many people in Nigeria are renting that same house? House where you need 10 ft tall fence and 24/7 security so someone doesn't cart away your belongings. grin.

I know people that left, they don't want to come back, my aunt that lives abroad earns more than her relatives back home.

You are bringing up Nigerian millionaire when 1 million naira is 2200 euros, don't make me laugh. grin Even abroad where people struggle can you compare it to Nigeria where we don't pay civil servants for months and even at that we can't still give 30k minimum wage. Why do you think so many Nigerian doctors leave?

This Nigerian mentality where rotten infrastructure is not just normal but a thing of pride is why other countries have left us behind. It's only recently that people are slowly getting sense.

Yes i have left this country spent many years abroad, people are suffering and smiling there, is shame that cant make some come homw.
The bush fire in australia, so the fire service was able to put an end to it in the end abi?
Which country do you not see people breaking into people homes to steal what belongs to them?
Which country do you not murderers and thieves ?
I dare you to ask your aunt and lie that you need 2200 euros for kidney surgery for instance God forbid, o boi na sa you go comot this world be that
2200 Euros is not small money for anyone living in the West. That amount has made some people bankrupt

So you even made my argument stronger, if today now all the roads in nigeria looks good, light doesnt go, nothing will change for people like you.
Honestly it has nothing to do with wages because the higher wages your aunt or whoever is being paid abroad means her responsibility such as compulsory expenses takes up the whole chunk and the rest is more like nothing.

Hence the reason wny your aunt cant return home, cos she wont have really made or acquired anything in the years and decades that she has been living there
Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by Farki: 9:47am On Jan 10, 2020
adonainana:

Yes i have left this country spent many years abroad, people are suffering and smiling there, is shame that cant make some come homw.
The bush fire in australia, so the fire service was able to put an end to it in the end abi?
Which country do you not see people breaking into people homes to steal what belongs to them?
Which country do you not murderers and thieves ?
I dare you to ask your aunt and lie that you need 2200 euros for kidney surgery for instance God forbid, o boi na sa you go comot this world be that
2200 Euros is not small money for anyone living in the West. That amount has made some people bankrupt

So you even made my argument stronger, if today now all the roads in nigeria looks good, light doesnt go, nothing will change for people like you.
Honestly it has nothing to do with wages because the higher wages your aunt or whoever is being paid abroad means her responsibility such as compulsory expenses takes up the whole chunk and the rest is more like nothing.

Hence the reason wny your aunt cant return home, cos she wont have really made or acquired anything in the years and decades that she has been living there

The 2200 pounds is the salary of the average UK resident in a month. Money that we are boasting about being millionaires with in is someone's monthly salary somewhere else. Can most Nigerians even say they have 1 million in their account comfortably?

The fire in Australia is burning 27000 kilometres of bush, that's almost the whole of Oyo state on fire. Yet ordinary market fire in Oyo state we can't stop when the fire service is right next to it.

You are a real joker, my aunt has already moved to a new house. grin She is not coming back because she doesn't want her children to experience unnecessary Nigerian hardship. I know people who left Nigeria for the UK then came back to start business but were frustrated by the state government's favoritism in handling the contract and constantly asking for bribes.

Remember when apapa road was undergoing repairs and hundreds of trucks were just sitting around on bridges and motorways. When business owners were lamenting about lost revenue from their products not arriving on time or at all. Just think about all the collapsed tankers and trucks on Ogun state roads.
If you can't see the importance of roads electricity and health care to a functioning nation then I can't help you.
Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by adonainana: 11:20am On Jan 10, 2020
[/b]
Farki:

[b]The 2200 pounds is the salary of the average UK resident in a month
. Money that we are boasting about being millionaires with in is someone's monthly salary somewhere else. Can most Nigerians even say they have 1 million in their account comfortably?

The fire in Australia is burning 27000 kilometres of bush, that's almost the whole of Oyo state on fire. Yet ordinary market fire in Oyo state we can't stop when the fire service is right next to it.

You are a real joker, my aunt has already moved to a new house. grin She is not coming back because she doesn't want her children to experience unnecessary Nigerian hardship. I know people who left Nigeria for the UK then came back to start business but were frustrated by the state government's favoritism in handling the contract and constantly asking for bribes.

Remember when apapa road was undergoing repairs and hundreds of trucks were just sitting around on bridges and motorways. When business owners were lamenting about lost revenue from their products not arriving on time or at all. Just think about all the collapsed tankers and trucks on Ogun state roads.
If you can't see the[b] importance of roads electricity and health care [/b]to a functioning nation then I can't help you.

£2200 salary is the uk is an ignorant statement to make, a very ignorant and arrogant one
Your aunt moved to a new house, a house she is renting just like everyone on the planet renting a house or
she got a mortgaged to be paying for the rest of her life a house not even big even Housemaids in Nigeria cant live in. And throughout that mortgage period they dare her not fall sick or leave any job, its a loan to be paid till death
You have answered the question if the road , electricity and health care was fixed overnight, are you going to be richer m if the answer is no then both of your aunty and yourself are doomed if i am being honest with both of you. Cos of what you saying all these while the answer is definitely No.

Which kids are you talking about, the same kids that when they grow up they will end up meeting Nigerian kids at uk universities paying for thier fees in cash whilst you aunty kids will still be waiting to apply for government funding, yet she her kids are better than Nigerian kids

Developed economies are an illusion, i spent decades there myself, it is nothing and doesnt offer you anything except where to hide, You can only go there and hide for decades then start lying that Nigeria didnt give you this give you that
Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by Segeshow: 12:03pm On Jan 10, 2020
adonainana:
[b][/b]

£2200 salary is the uk is an ignorant statement to make, a very ignorant and arrogant one
Your aunt moved to a new house, a house she is renting just like everyone on the planet renting a house or
she got a mortgaged to be paying for the rest of her life a house not even big even Housemaids in Nigeria cant live in. And throughout that mortgage period they dare her not fall sick or leave any job, its a loan to be paid till death
You have answered the question if the road , electricity and health care was fixed overnight, are you going to be richer m if the answer is no then both of your aunty and yourself are doomed if i am being honest with both of you. Cos of what you saying all these while the answer is definitely No.

Which kids are you talking about, the same kids that when they grow up they will end up meeting Nigerian kids at uk universities paying for thier fees in cash whilst you aunty kids will still be waiting to apply for government funding, yet she her kids are better than Nigerian kids

Developed economies are an illusion, i spent decades there myself, it is nothing and doesnt offer you anything except where to hide, You can only go there and hide for decades then start lying that Nigeria didnt give you this give you that

Your level of delusion sir is quite astonishing. For someone who claims to have lived abroad for years, your repartee states otherwise. I don't think you have any idea how really poor the average Nigerian on the street is. The xenophobia riots last year was just a taste of the iceberg to see how the poor will eat the rich when Nigeria finally stops getting loans to pay workers and the country is broke. You live in your Lekki condo and avoid mainland to stay away from people you deem as the dregs of society. People are poor and angry and if you cant see that things will definitely not improve with the kind of leadership we have, you sir must be a nincompoop. I really don't blame you, its because you've never needed the system to help you in a dire situation. Come down from your high horse and think about the guy living in mushin that earns 30k minimum wage, if he falls ill l, he will most likely die like a dog. What social amenities does the average Nigerian enjoy? I rather pay mortgage in the UK for a tiny flat where if i am ill ,i call an ambulance, than live in Lekki where even the water from my borehole pipes i cant drink. I really doubt you have lived abroad and if you did, you obviously couldn't fit in so you came home to the land of suffering and smiling.

1 Like

Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by Farki: 12:15pm On Jan 10, 2020
adonainana:
[b][/b]

Please tell me what's the salary of the average Brit and compare it to the average Nigerian salary?

Also you are still bringing up house size when a lot of Nigerians live in slums, shack, face me I face you and and tiny rented apartments. How many Nigerians can even open their mouth and say they can use their salary alone to buy house and still go to school?

It's like you can't read, infrastructure development won't immediately make everyone millionaires but it will increase the ease of doing business or at the very least make life less hellish. Go to Ogun state border towns and see federal roads completly destroyed and turned to mud pits. Please not everywhere is Lekki phase 1.

Also I want to ask you personally, if Nigeria isn't better than other countries why did you leave? Why did you stay abroad for years instead of coming back? Why are ministers senators and elites take their kids abroad like you said? grin

Country with HDI worse than Syria.
Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by adonainana: 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2020
Segeshow:

Yeah okay go and get your mortgaged then and be calling your ambulance, but try not to go to the US ooo cos ambulance costs there per call. Then after your rat race as finished, you can look back and see if you learnt anything,

Come and see people just paying bills and dying with no trace whatssoever, the kids they born abroad only have the home country accent, absolutely nothing to show for it.

So the choice is yours, there is no compulsion in anything in this life, so off you go with your rat race till death

Your level of delusion sir is quite astonishing. For someone who claims to have lived abroad for years, your repartee states otherwise. I don't think you have any idea how really poor the average Nigerian on the street is. The xenophobia riots last year was just a taste of the iceberg to see how the poor will eat the rich when Nigeria finally stops getting loans to pay workers and the country is broke. You live in your Lekki condo and avoid mainland to stay away from people you deem as the dregs of society. People are poor and angry and if you cant see that things will definitely not improve with the kind of leadership we have, you sir must be a nincompoop. I really don't blame you, its because you've never needed the system to help you in a dire situation. Come down from your high horse and think about the guy living in mushin that earns 30k minimum wage, if he falls ill l, he will most likely die like a dog. What social amenities does the average Nigerian enjoy? I rather pay mortgage in the UK for a tiny flat where if i am ill ,i call an ambulance, than live in Lekki where even the water from my borehole pipes i cant drink. I really doubt you have lived abroad and if you did, you obviously couldn't fit in so you came home to the land of suffering and smiling.
Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by wonder233: 6:58pm On Jan 10, 2020
Everywhere in the world is fvked. The way it works is that if you can't make a good life for yourself in Nigeria,
you can't also make a good life abroad. A testament to this is even in the migration process itself:Applying for asylum is the poor way to migrate, when if the asylum is granted, you would never be anything over there - forget what you see in movies. If you have money here, you migrate big i.e as a professional applying for direct immigration. When you get there, you have a chance of getting something a bit decent.
Let's stop feeding the false narratives about migrations
DexterousOne:

You have no idea my man
You really don't

You tHimk kids of today are not watching the news?

Or eavesdropping on conversations made by adults?

By age 6, many youngsters today already know NIGERIA is FVCKED

IT'S not something you can hide from them

Especially when they have been to different places
Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by DexterousOne(m): 7:49pm On Jan 10, 2020
wonder233:
Everywhere in the world is fvked. The way it works is that if you can't make a good life for yourself in Nigeria,
you can't also make a good life abroad
A testament to this is even in the migration process itself:Applying for asylum is the poor way to migrate, when if the asylum is granted, you would never be anything over there - forget what you see in movies. If you have money here, you migrate big i.e as a professional applying for direct immigration. When you get there, you have a chance of getting something a bit decent.
Let's stop feeding the false narratives about migrations

I agree with the bolded 75% cheesy

That is because while an efulefu in naija will most likely be an efulefu abroad
Sometimes, and I said sometimes, very skilled workers who are paid peanut in Nigeria and are struggling will make it much more abroad

The entrepreneurs and the highly skilled are the ones better positioned to succeed out there

You get me?
Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by wonder233: 7:11pm On Jan 12, 2020
Of course I do agree with you that some underpaid skilled workers here can go abroad and earn a bit more.
My disdain is with the larger majority of people with misplaced obsessions for going abroad. In this category are both efulefus and even skilled well-to-do folks who give it all up and go abroad and start living in penury - I've seen quite a lot of these kinds of people
DexterousOne:

I agree with the bolded 75% cheesy

That is because while an efulefu in naija will most likely be an efulefu abroad
Sometimes, and I said sometimes, very skilled workers who are paid peanut in Nigeria and are struggling will make it much more abroad

The entrepreneurs and the highly skilled are the ones better positioned to succeed out there

You get me?
Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by DexterousOne(m): 8:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
wonder233:
Of course I do agree with you that some underpaid skilled workers here can go abroad and earn a bit more.
My disdain is with the larger majority of people with misplaced obsessions for going abroad. In this category are both efulefus and even skilled well-to-do folks who give it all up and go abroad and start living in penury - I've seen quite a lot of these kinds of people

With the state and shape of Nigeria
I don't blame them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

China Constructs World's Longest Glass Walkway On A Mountain (Photos) / Lagos Passenger Sleeping Refused To Wake Up After Reaching Last Bus Stop (Video) / Hummer Crashed Into Oba Of Benin's Palace Wall, Gets Destroyed, But Not The Wall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.