Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,965 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1107910 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by IOladiplenty: 10:48am On Jul 10, 2020
His guys, anyone here applied to University of Bremen for Masters in Neurosciences or any medical related courses? Thanks.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by leo2sexy: 10:55am On Jul 10, 2020
Stiflersammy:
Have posted let us try and post to then retweet and like eachothers post.
I will suggest we get a blog to write about this with the Twitter buzz going on, referencing the tweets then we create a thread and try to push it to front page, then its global.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Megatronn(m): 11:14am On Jul 10, 2020
We're doing good job on twitter... Let's not stop please
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Acuna91: 11:20am On Jul 10, 2020
Please when you are tweeting, tweet something sensible, reasonable and readable. Germany will never want this type of person. Please let's do this with caution because of the obvious implications....

This is not acceptable.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by olig(m): 11:34am On Jul 10, 2020
Thank you bro, and thank you all.

I will sit down as recommend by Stiflersammy.

It's not my problem.

All am just saying is not to use your over desperation ruin the hope/chance of subsequent applicants.

As educated fellow, one would understand higher level of understanding from people of this category. We are in an unprecedented situation now all over the world. However, situation differs from one country to another.

If I may now ask, (1) why don't you ask them to open border to Nigerians because they opened to some other African countries? If your claim is right that they must interview Nigerians because there are doing same in other countries (2) initial visa will expire from 2 weeks to 6 months depending on categories) and from your interview it takes average of 6 weeks to a couple of months to process your visa. If they issue 3 months visa to you in March, you will still be on twitter complaining again. (3) how do you intend to attend visa interview during the lock down? Or you think they break every rules like us?
(4) how do you intend to travel even when it is not know when your own country will allow international travel?
(5) why is Nigerian embassy in Berlin not opened to her own citizens, even when all other embassy have opened?
(6) why did Nigeria not relax the curfew and lock down when Ghana and all other countries you are comparing with did?
(7) why not take to tweeter when Ghana relax curfew for Nigeria to relax too? Since we must be the same.
(cool why is traveling to France still possible from Benin Republic till today and Nigeria is internationally locked?
(9) if you ask for the reason why Ghana can chose their own date for interview and Nigerians can not, I will also like to know why visa was not required for a Nigerian citizens traveling to UK at a time in history but now a requirement?
(10) why is Nigerian part of those that can not apply for lottery to US for instance whereas some other Africans can still apply?
(11) what is the population of Ghanaian in Germany compare to Nigerians, and how many applications do they receive in each country?
(12) what percentage of Ghanaian return to their country after studies compared to Nigerians?
(13) what is the abuse of system rate in Ghana compare to Nigeria?
(14) why are Nigerians (including myself) always desperate to leave their country compared to Ghana?

Note; all this desperattions will only worsen the situation over time.
Before now, no blocked account was required.
Before now, to book interview require only half page of paper; name, passport number, travel date, destination, signature and date.
Before now, they allow us to do interview without funding.
Before now, they issue visa to some even without funding blocked account.

This is diplomatic issue, there is nothing your tweet can do about it. They have their reasons and valid data; even the one you don't have on your own country.
We can only deceive ourselves.

Are Nigerians more important to Germany than US? Or is Ghana even more important? Why are they interviewing and will soon allow Ghanaian to enter as against US?

All I will say again is please and please, don't cut the ladder by the way you handle things.

Is UK even undertaking visa process at the moment? Don't we have better link/ history with UK than Germany ?

Are we the only student in the world in this category?

The truth is, Nigerians just like most other African countries always look for who to blame. Whereas, we are the cause of our own problems, including racism.

Good luck all.

Stiflersammy:

Sorry if I may ask did you check what we posted on the twitter before you say what you are saying?

To me I just think people want us to see they drop something here.

Other country they interview did they say dey gave them visa instantly?

Do you even know you fate after spending alot on admission processes and even tuition fee.

Am not sure you are even reading news of the travel ban a bit.

Let me make sometin clear to you, its not the day you do interview dey give visa and its not the dat they give visa dey travel.

If you can't support the movement sit down,

We are not abusing them on the tweet we posting rather we are begging them to at least allow us to come for our interview so we can know that's off the road.

6 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by precious225: 11:41am On Jul 10, 2020
You guys should take it easy
Even the Polish embassy and some other EU embassies in Nigeria have not started accepting Visa applications...let you guys don't do what will ruin your chances and force them in implementing stronger criteria policies...Visa is not a right but a privilege..... Thanks
leo2sexy:
I will suggest we get a blog to write about this with the Twitter buzz going on, referencing the tweets then we create a thread and try to push it to front page, then its global.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 11:55am On Jul 10, 2020
Acuna91:
Please when you are tweeting, tweet something sensible, reasonable and readable. Germany will never want this type of person. Please let's do this with caution because of the obvious implications....

This is not acceptable.

Sorry what is actually wrong with the tweet aside the mistake of the person using hears instead of heard?

Some people are accusing people because they think they are doing the wrong thing.

What did you actually do, we are divided and this won't help that's the issue we have here, I don't have any issue if you want me to shut it down, in few days people won't tweet about it and its gone, but what will happen if we stay idle and nothing actually happened as a result of your silence.

Most of you don't read news, fine its by privilege, but people fight for their right to it, have u heard #loveisnottourism its people campaign even Indian did theirs, at the moment other are fighting for their right for visa.

No problem I drop it.

I wish everyone all the best.

4 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by olig(m): 11:58am On Jul 10, 2020
Sincerely, its amazing how we think, especially we that called ourselves graduates.
For God sake stop the tweet. I have not seen your tweets and I will not check, because it will be annoying to me that is even a Nigerian.

This is part of the "eyes with which Germans look at Nigerians" we are always in hurry (especially when you tell them you live in Lagos) and desperate. Desperation could also be a sign that one can do anything; including fraud.
Stop sending the wrong signal.
Did Ghanaian tweet before they start interviewing them?
If you are a German, will you consider a Nigerian ahead of a Ghanaian on moral basis? Let us be sincere to ourselves and not be blindfolded by our emotions.

Am forced to now mention this, I am a DAAD, PhD scholar. I returned to Nigeria with a valid residence permit in February for my field work. Unfortunately my return flight was cancelled in Marco by the airline due to the pandemic, and I could not travel back. Unfortunately again my residence permit expired at the end of March and I couldn't travel before they because of the lock down and travel restrictions both in Nigeria and Germany. Unfortunately again I couldn't book for a new visa because embassy is closed. Both my supervisor and DAAD wrote to the embassy but nothing could be done because even with a valid visa I can't even travel because of the restrictions in place. Or would have have chattered a plane from Nigeria to Germany?

I am even permitted to apply to another certificate (by the virtue of my residency and the situation on ground) that entitle me to travel without a visa. But I didn't apply for that until last week when interstate lock down was lifted, and I hope international restrictions will be lifted by Nigerian Government in two months..

Al am saying is that; I am more willing that visa procedures resume soon than anyone here. But we must show some level of literacy, understanding and calmness.

All "we" do on tweeter only indicates that we lack proper understanding of the current situation.

That is why I don't blame those criticizing WHO and the leader been and African because of the way they handled the issue when it first started.

If you are a CEO of a "company name Germany", is what you are telly Germany to do now because you are a Nigeriam what you all do?

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Acuna91: 12:06pm On Jul 10, 2020
Stiflersammy:

Sorry what is actually wrong with the tweet aside the mistake of the person using hears instead of heard?

Some people are accusing people because they think they are doing the wrong thing.

What did you actually do, we are divided and this won't help that's the issue we have here, I don't have any issue if you want me to shut it down, in few days people won't tweet about it and its gone, but what will happen if we stay idle and nothing actually happened as a result of your silence.

Most of you don't read news, fine its by privilege, but people fight for their right to it, have u heard #loveisnottourism its people campaign even Indian did theirs, at the moment other are fighting for their right for visa.

No problem I drop it.

You are not getting me man. I twitted and retweeted too.

But let's make our tweets constructive.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ghettonews: 12:11pm On Jul 10, 2020
[Guys now I found the reason why the embassy isn't open now, many people claimed yesterday that it due to the international flight and I was doubting if that could be the truely reason what of other African countries that haven't resumed international flight but are still getting ADs.

British commission in Nigeria announced that they will resume visa processing again soon immediately Nigeria resumes international flight just recently and some other embassies also said the same, which also might be equal reason applicable to germany.
But now since the Nigerian embassy in Germany isn't open to its citizen I wonder if germany will even resume as soon as international flight starts.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Acuna91: 12:12pm On Jul 10, 2020
olig:
Sincerely, its amazing how we think, especially we that called ourselves graduates.
For God sake stop the tweet. I have not seen your tweets and I will not check, because it will be annoying to me that is even a Nigerian.

This is part of the "eyes with which Germans look at Nigerians" we are always in hurry (especially when you tell them you live in Lagos) and desperate. Desperation could also be a sign that one can do anything; including fraud.
If you are a German, will you consider a Nigerian ahead of a Ghanaian on moral basis? Let us be sincere to ourselves and not be blindfolded by our emotions.

Am forced to now mention this, I am a DAAD, PhD scholar. I returned to Nigeria with a valid residence permit in February for my field work. Unfortunately my return flight was cancelled in Marco by the airline due to the pandemic, and I could not travel back. Unfortunately again my residence permit expired at the end of March and I couldn't travel before they because of the lock down and travel restrictions both in Nigeria and Germany. Unfortunately again I couldn't book for a new visa because embassy is closed. Both my supervisor and DAAD wrote to the embassy but nothing could be done because even with a valid visa I can't even travel because of the restrictions in place. Or would have have chattered a plane from Nigeria to Germany?

I am even permitted to apply to another certificate (by the virtue of my residency and the situation on ground) that entitle me to travel without a visa. But I didn't apply for that until last week when interstate lock down was lifted, and I hope international restrictions will be lifted by Nigerian Government in two months..

Al am saying is that; I am more willing that visa procedures resume soon than anyone here. But we must show some level of literacy, understanding and calmness.

All "we" do on tweeter only indicates that we lack proper understanding of the current situation.

That is why I don't blame those criticizing WHO and the leader been and African because of the way they handled the issue when it first started.

If you are a CEO of a "company name Germany", is what you are telly Germany to do now because you are a Nigeriam what you all do?
We are just too desperate. That's is how German's see us.

Let's just be calm and wait for things to resume normal the way it resumed in other African countries.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Acuna91: 12:18pm On Jul 10, 2020
Stiflersammy:

No problem I drop it.

I suggest you are the one that tweeted this. Your handles both correspond.

I suggest you delete the tweet and make proper corrections. Then, tweet again.

Thanks.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Chukskala022: 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2020
I think the problem we are facing now is from our useless leaders, what's holding them from lifting the international flights. Even Contonou is open for flights, a friend just left to Germany from there.

They careless to the welfare of the citizens.

Anyway, as I said before an insider said they will start on Monday..

Let's be prayerful guys!!!

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by olig(m): 12:29pm On Jul 10, 2020
Obviously they don't know that.
And at some level embassy, school or your supervisor google randomly to check some candidates. What you are doing many not be literally wrong, but their desperation and lack of proper understanding of the situation many cause serious concern.

"Even at this time that some students are are even going or travelling any more due to the fear of the pandemic, some are saying it doesn't mater let us go, even if we die there"

Even your own government is cancelling local exams due to the risk. So you think they are so foolish?

You can't go to school in your own country, you can't even write exams like waec in your own country, no international flight from your own country and you want to convince them with your tweet? Even PTDF interview was not concluded because of the pandemic. That is in your own country o, no need to travel for that.

If Anything, you should have tweeted at ministry on interior and ministry of foreign affairs. That is more sensible. Because no embassy can start visa process except with their Permian and consent. Since they owe the keys to borders and diplomatic issues.

Am sure those ministry are have constant meetings with the relevant ministries, and they must be on the same page before they can resume.

Your government is threatening fresh lock down. Your data is can't even be used for any statistical purposes, yet they are saying the curve is not yet flattening. How will they know with their inconsistent data/sapling?
Our own government is even confused.

The problem is not the increasing number of cases from Nigeria. The problems is the government can not even come out and tell us facts and their projections with which foreign missions can prepare. They will just wake up one day and say A and wake up another day another day and say its B.

Look at what happened on the issue of announcement of dates for waec from the PTF and nullification of it by ministry of education, AMD a lot more contradictions from our own government

Acuna91:

This is not acceptable.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Paul94(m): 12:41pm On Jul 10, 2020
Olaidecool:

Bros please if you wouldn't mind can you share me your copy of motivation letter....I applied to Bremen and I'm to submit a motivation letter.

I would be glad if you can assist me with copy of yours so I would have a clue on how to write it. Most schools have been rejecting me because of poor motivation letter..

Course: Electrical Engineering and information technology

Olaideabimbola2@gmail.com

Thank boss

Hello,

I also want to apply to Bremen too. can I send you a private message?

I have some questions to ask.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Georgy12: 1:16pm On Jul 10, 2020
Hello everyone, please I want trying to find a german university that doesn't uni-assist which I can get an admission for computer science msc.thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Miscellaneous(m): 1:21pm On Jul 10, 2020
walexies:

Almost all schools have the caveat stating "you can send in your bachelor certificate later, so far you have your transcript".......

Thanks man
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Miscellaneous(m): 1:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
Georgy12:
Hello everyone, please I want trying to find a german university that doesn't uni-assist which I can get an admission for computer science msc.thanks

Sorry to ask but why dont u want a uni-assist school?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Georgy12: 1:38pm On Jul 10, 2020
Miscellaneous:

Because it is late for uni-assist process now.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by leo2sexy: 1:43pm On Jul 10, 2020
olig:

sorry all this your epistle makes zero sense.

4 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kyrian5: 1:47pm On Jul 10, 2020
Please I want to known if I can apply for visa now at German embassy?? Pls I need reply
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Vlibray: 1:47pm On Jul 10, 2020
olig:

Baba .
They should tell us to stop applying if they don’t want us in their country ..
I have 2 admission letters from last summer application plus 3 admission letters for this winter .
No one want their efforts (time and money) wasted ..
Why apply and make money for uniassist or DHL if they won’t give us A D .

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Mrchippychappy(m): 2:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
UNA LEAVE BUHARI AND APC WEY UNA SUPPOSE DEY BLAME, COME DEY BLAME GERMANY! NA DEM DO U? IF U LIKE NO START PROTEST AGAINST BUHARI, THE MAN IS TOTALLY CLUELESS AND OUT TO DESTROY THE FUTURE OF EVERY NIGERIAN YOUTH!

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by olig(m): 2:31pm On Jul 10, 2020
Thank you sir. God bless.

It's typical of Nigerians, you just struggle to enter the room and shut the doors.

You think it's about me?

I wouldn't have talked ordinarily, but it will affect our image as a nation and the chances of upcoming students, that is why am concerned.

Have you seen my post or comment here before? Because am sure you are recent here.

I have been following this page since 2015 and I been following German education and international students matter since 2012.

Things are not done this way for God's sake.

No matter your tweet, it can't achieve anything good, it can only worsen matter for some.

Even embassy open tomorrow now, you think it's your tweet that achieve that?

They have their plans and will only follow that.

Since this pandemic, I have spoken to them at the emergency more than 3 times and send emails twice. Any reasonable person will not blame them or be super desperate.

This is an unprepared event.

Did people not pay waec fees? Why did your own government say no waec? You talk as if you dash to the money, Did they force to to apply?

Why not go to another county then; UK, US etc.
Or are people getting visas to those country.

If you are now part of international students in US what will you do due to Trump recent statement?

Be reasonable please.

Am sure it's people like you that is painting blacks evil over there. You will see some of them and even be ashamed to be black. Because of all sort of things they do.

When are we going to have since in this part of the world.

Is Nigeria only the country that are not given date?

In your own country, you can't talk, but you want to dictate to the whites how to run their own country.
If we know how to do it better, why are we this backward then?

What some can not do in their own country is what they do over there. Later you will be complaining about racism. Because there is freedom and they give everyone chance.

If you are in their situation, what will you do?

It's just a pity that we are having this kind of argument in an educated group like this.

How do you intend to win this kind of debate.

Or if you are an ambassador, you will rather interview because students say time is going or you will do the right thing?

[qquote author=leo2sexy post=91574247] sorry all this your epistle makes zero sense.[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by GreatMage: 2:50pm On Jul 10, 2020
Pls we should learn to be guided and maintain a level of moderation...
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Miscellaneous(m): 2:56pm On Jul 10, 2020
Georgy12:

Because it is late for uni-assist process now.

Okay I get. thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by CooKeed(m): 3:17pm On Jul 10, 2020
Miscellaneous:

Okay I get. thanks
Try potsdam. You are required to upload documents on Uni-assist but you don't need to send physical documents by courier. Also, no processing fee is charged. Application deadline should be July 15th.

Leuphana Univ of Lüneburg too. Same as above. But you will have to pay processing fee
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ifwal: 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2020
Vlibray:

Baba .
They should tell us to stop applying if they don’t want us in their country ..
I have 2 admission letters from last summer application plus 3 admission letters for this winter .
No one want their efforts (time and money) wasted ..
Why apply and make money for uniassist or DHL if they won’t give us A D .

� This is so sad bro..

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 3:47pm On Jul 10, 2020
Let us all calm down.

We should not exchange words here, I understand the fear of some people and I understand the fact that sometimes things can go the other way, but at the look of things we are not abusing anybody we are only making them see things from our point of view.

But if things are going to continue like this I think we should just lay low because I don't want us to fight here, all we need is to join hand and pray they reopen.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by walexies: 4:01pm On Jul 10, 2020
Miscellaneous:

Bro/babe, no be everybody get that 75/30 euro; 11 applications implies 375 euro; this no be small money.

So, you may just try to help him/her even with just a school that uses its online portal, rather than uni-assist, it will go a long way; to him/her, it is just like say u give an 75 euro.

I am in no way attacking you.

@Georgy12: Try to read this page, the last page or last 2 pages, you would see my explanation on how to get all the schools with no uni-assist as mediator.

Goethe, Postdam and 6 other schools make use of uni-assist but you won't pay as the schools are paying for the uni-assist handling fee. Later when I am less busy, I will post how to navigate; better still, I will post the direct link on how to get the schools on uni-assist; also for some of these schools, not all the courses are are being paid for, while some schools only paid for EU/EEA prospective students.

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 4:02pm On Jul 10, 2020
Acuna91:

We are just too desperate. That's is how German's see us.

Let's just be calm and wait for things to resume normal the way it resumed in other African countries.

Do you work for Germany consulate?
Lets know o

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by abdquadr: 4:07pm On Jul 10, 2020
I understand that people are tired and fed up of all of these things but do not forget that there are a lot of situations that’s not making the German embassy fulfill their responsibility at the moment. The COVID-19 cases keep rising by the day, FG threatening to embark on another lockdown, WAEC is not holding and so on. Even the FG is not sure about the status of the virus in Nigeria, how do we now expect any embassy in Nigeria to start working. We have to be patient for real.

Those tweets will not do anything. Consulates work with draw out plans. Nobody can force them to work if it’s not aligning with their draw out plans.

I live in Istanbul and I know german embassy started working on 1st of July. They started with sending appointment dates to those who already had theirs before the lockdown and then new dates followed. This is possible because the virus cases has been subdued to the minimum level.

I think this energy should be channeled to the appropriate authorities in Nigeria. These ppl aren’t working. They aren’t helping Nigerian citizens.

May God ease our affairs and I pray we all get to the greener pastures that we so desire.
Bless!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (708) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.