Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1107425 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OtunbaBlack(m): 10:41pm On Jul 11, 2020
Justwise please come and delete all this post. They are derailing the thread. We that come here to read updates can’t read.. it’s insults and bants all over.. please help us remove them . Thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nania: 11:49pm On Jul 11, 2020
@justwise allow this to tarry for a while... It is interesting to note how the human mind works. I really don't know how long everyone on this forum have been following this thread, but it should be a moment of reflection for us all on how we got to this point in the first place. No doubt their is COVID-19 and whether we like it or not their will definitely be a second wave of this pandemic before we finally get hold of it. Alas,the world can't come to a stand still because of it. People have a right to their opinions and how they see themselves living through this phase. Countries, governments, organizations owe it to their subjects on dotting the i's and crossing the t's. As for the tweets, what is it that we v not bantered on in this forum since part 1 till date, right or wrong, whether a black or white man's life matters or doesn't , never expect people to see things from the same perspective. M.K.O Abiola may he soul rest in peace... I was a kid then when a single man's fight for what he believed in was his right and mandate spiralled this country to the brink of a second civil war... Lives where lost maybe you people have forgotten. But today he is being eulogized as having died for the democracy we all for the past twenty years are said to be enjoying, ( enjoying or not, check which side of the divide you are) the longest ever in our history as a nation. Not everyone liked his actions, some called him a selfish and self centered man who wouldn't let sleeping dogs lie, but would rather be indifferent, carefree and watch the country burn. Today "nko"after all that dust, where we "de" now. Ascribe that to this whole palavar now. Please, don't insult each other here, but rather brainstorm on a way forward for the good of all. Long live Nigeria and may our heroes efforts not be in vain, likewise this German Waka for all.
OtunbaBlack:
Justwise please come and delete all this post. They are derailing the thread. We that come here to read updates can’t read.. it’s insults and bants all over.. please help us remove them . Thanks

9 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Angelovic96: 1:03am On Jul 12, 2020
Nania:
@justwise allow this to tarry for a while... It is interesting to note how the human mind works. I really don't know how long everyone on this forum have been following this thread, but it should be a moment of reflection for us all on how we got to this point in the first place. No doubt their is COVID-19 and whether we like it or not their will definitely be a second wave of this pandemic before we finally get hold of it. Alas,the world can't come to a stand still because of it. People have a right to their opinions and how they see themselves living through this phase. Countries, governments, organizations owe it to their subjects on dotting the i's and crossing the t's. As for the tweets, what is it that we v not bantered on in this forum since part 1 till date, right or wrong, whether a black or white man's life matters or doesn't , never expect people to see things from the same perspective. M.K.O Abiola may he soul rest in peace... I was a kid then when a single man's fight for what he believed in was his right and mandate spiralled this country to the brink of a second civil war... Lives where lost maybe you people have forgotten. But today he is being eulogized as having died for the democracy we all for the past twenty years are said to be enjoying, ( enjoying or not, check which side of the divide you are) the longest ever in our history as a nation. Not everyone liked his actions, some called him a selfish and self centered man who wouldn't let sleeping dogs lie, but would rather be indifferent, carefree and watch the country burn. Today "nko"after all that dust, where we "de" now. Ascribe that to this whole palavar now. Please, don't insult each other here, but rather brainstorm on a way forward for the good of all. Long live Nigeria and may our heroes efforts not be in vain, likewise this German Waka for all.

God bless you my dear !!!!

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by evergreen9: 5:33am On Jul 12, 2020
Stiflersammy:

Is this person saying we can enter in for an appointment in cotonou or what?

Because for Cotonou all you need to do is just to bring all the document and enter for an appointment no booking.

Am not sure if that will work.

From what I have heard You would need to show proof that you have been in Cotonou for about 6 months. Obviously everybody's case is different but there are certain criterias the embassy would require.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ogagaejay: 5:45am On Jul 12, 2020
My naija people.
I know you all are patiently waiting for appointment. While you are waiting, take a closer look at German laws for students coming to Germany with a scholarship.
Please be aware so you dont start making noise on social media when this happens to you.
In the attached file is a law which prevents
extension of resident permit for [/b]work purpose if you [b]studied in Germany on a scholarship, and the condition of the scholarship is that you must return to your home country after your study

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by handello: 5:56am On Jul 12, 2020
[quote author=segzysexy post=91600383]For DAAD EPOS scholarship the 2 years post working experience is mandatory (NYSC experience inclusive) but for the DAAD PPGG program it is not really relevant.
2. I don't have much idea on this.

Pls Is this DAAD EPOS for 2021 intake ?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ifwal: 8:32am On Jul 12, 2020
ogagaejay:
My naija people.
I know you all are patiently waiting for appointment. While you are waiting, take a closer look at German laws for students coming to Germany with a scholarship.
Please be aware so you dont start making noise on social media when this happens to you.
In the attached file is a law which prevents
extension of resident permit for [/b]work purpose if you [b]studied in Germany on a scholarship, and the condition of the scholarship is that you must return to your home country after your study

I think it's not all scholarships!
Only for those scholarships that require you to return to your home country.
Some scholarships in Germany does not have such criteria.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by haykays(m): 8:46am On Jul 12, 2020
I wasn't the one that share that bros...and the person that shared it already admitted his or her mistake.

MachineLearning:

Be sure of information before you post it here, Unlversities in North Rhine Westphalia do not charge tuition fee
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 12, 2020
nixymax:
Hi family, this post was copied from a WhatsApp group and I think it may be useful here concerning the German visa palava.

*INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP FORUM (ISF)*�
ISF, we are moving✈.....

Dear erudite scholars,

*INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP FORUM (ISF)*�
ISF, we are moving✈....

*TRAVELLING TO EUROPE AND OTHER CONTINENTS DURING THE ONGOING LOCKDOWN AND INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL BAN*

Obtaining a first class degree in biochemistry and graduating as one of the best in the class of 2017, Chukwemeka Odumegwu motivated me towards searching for a greener pasture abroad.

At first, I thought it was all about having a good result, but experiences have made me realize that, although good results can give you an edge towards achieving your goal, they are not close to being the ultimate requirement.

I did my first application in 2018, to Australian universities using a study agent, I was able to get two admission with both 50% scholarships.

I lost interest in them because the remaining 50% I was to pay was above 8 million naira.

Fast forward to 2019, I did several applications to US universities, got 3 admission letters and one came with a partial scholarship of about 75 percent but was denied visa twice on weekly intervals��. I was depressed, local man wanted to give up.

In march, 2019, after US visa denial even on scholarship, I had to think about Germany.
My first application to Germany, was to three schools, I got only one admission that year for winter semester at Rhein Waal, received two rejection letters. I was happy cos one admission letter is enough to get me a visa.
I applied for visa, no interview date�‍♂️�‍♂️ then U got demoralised. Early 2019 bleeped me up.

Afterwards, I started my admission/scholarship hunt with no preference to a particular country. I applied to any country I see a notification of their scholarship in my email with most of my applications going to UK and Germany.

I got a total of above 20 admission letters in UK with some as partial scholarships. 7 admission letters in Germany ( got three admission letters for winter 2020 even when I applied for summer�), I also received offers in China, Saudi Arabia and Italy. I had to go with my Germany cos of the free tuition.

I applied for an interview date for summer in August 16 2019, waited for 3 months, got my visa interview date on 31 December 2019.

I was meant to be interviewed on Feb 4 2020, I prepared well, got to the German embassy that day, they said they they don't have light, that all interviews are cancelled and automatically rescheduled for the next day, depending on an individual consent.
That was when I know that village people dey vex�.

A whole German embassy Lagos doesn't have light��, the first to have been witnessed since 7years of their existence here.

I left, came back the next day. On 5th, ready to pour my long crammed practiced interview transcripts.� But luckily for her, my interview was not up to 5 mins. I left with full conviction that visa is certain.

Fast forward to 3rd march, while coming back from Frau Jennifer's Deutsch class, I got my AM. Sent my doc n passport on 5th, got my visa on 11th march, all in my birth month�, but my visa stamp came with 18th march as the starting date, meaning that I cannot come to Germany unless it is 18th of march.

I booked my flight to travel by 18th march, came to Lagos on 16 to fly on 18, Germany locked down on 17th march�‍♂️�‍♂️.

Ever since then, I was stuck in Lagos and watching my hard earned visa expire in my presence while I do nothing. I waited for 3 months and 18 days until on Monday dis week when I have decided to take a bold step.

I have seen many people give reasons why you and I can't enter Germany because of the pandemic. Some said Nigerians are not allowed to come in forgetting that students are exempted.

I was looking for that one person to give me reason why I should look for a way and get out of this country but couldn't. I got an information that Cotonou airport has been functional with out any form of lockdown ever since the conception of the lock down. I looked for a way to confirm the info, and on validating it, I had to go to Cotonou by fire by force��

I booked my ticket to travel on 8th, being yesterday. Just arrived here today, and I was not convinced yet until I had to enter the wrong train to my house and spend another money...�

Wen I was checked in today at Frankfurt by immigration, I had to come back to the officer to ask him if it is only the stamp that I require because I was afraid for the point that students are not allowed to come in, but it is a lie.

As a student, if u can get a good letter from your school indicating that your presence is needed, you are good to go, or an enrollment letter can do.

*PS*
Note:. 99.9% of the passengers I saw in Cotonou yesterday are Nigerians with my igbo brethrens dominating. So act fast

✍️
For: Theorem
haykays:
I wasn't the one that share that bros...and the person that shared it already admitted his or her mistake.

HI, good day all, please can anyone let me in on how to apply to Ghana embassy or Kotonu as a Nigerian. What do I need, how do I go about it please? Cos I already blocked and got a date which was canceled due to the pandemic.

I'm meant to resume school in October and the embassy asked me to call the back when our international flights are open. God knows I don't know when.
So what's the process of getting a permit in these countries and applying for Visa please?
Help a sister... Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SusanDaves069(f): 10:19am On Jul 12, 2020
Good morning guys. Please when is the best time to apply to public schools in Germany. Everybody is talking about waiting for AD, AL, AP. Abeg someone should help a sister o. I want to apply too but seems the deadline has passed or something.
Awaiting different response. Thanks and God bless
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ghettonews: 10:46am On Jul 12, 2020
GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY IM THE HOUSE, I CONFIRMED THAT THE REAL READON FOR THE DELAYING OF THE EMBASSY REOPENING IS DUE TO THE INTL FLIGHT.

GUYS DO REMEMBER THAT WHEN U ARE BOOKING YOUR APPLICATION, U WILL HAVE TO TELL THE EMBASSY WHEN U WILL TRAVEL AND U MUST FILL IT ON YOUR VISA FORM.

SO ASSUMING NOW, THEY GAVE U AN APPOINTMENT DATE WHY THE INTL FLIGHT IS NOT YET ONGOING, THEN HOW WILL U BE ABLE TO FORCAST TO THEM THAT THE INTL FLIGHT WILL START BEFORE THAT YOUR TRAVEL DATE,, SO DO U SEE THAT THE SITUATION IS LOGICAL NOW, SO THAT'S WHY WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE EMBASSY AND PRAY THAT THE NIGERIAN GOVT RESUMES THE INTL FLIGHT SOON JUST LIKE THE AVIATIONS HAS SAID EALIER.

CHINA HAS THE HIGHEST NO OF INTL STUDENTS IN GERMANY WHILE INDIA HAS THE SECOND, BUT INDIA HAVING THE SECOND HIGHEST NO OF STUDENTS IN GERMANY ITS EMBASSY IS NOT EVEN YET OPEN DUE TO NO INTL FLIGHT AND THERE IS STILL A LITTLE LOCKDOWN IN A POPULAR COMMUNITY CLOSER TO THE CONSULATE IN INDIA. AND THE WEBSITE OF GERMAN EMBASSY IN INDIA STATED THAT WOULD NOT RESUME YET DUE TO THE INT'L FLIGHT NOT YET RESUMED.

SO GUYS REMEMBER SINCE INDIA ARE ONE OF THE POPULAR AND HIGHEST NO OF STUDENTS IN GERMANY, GERMANY WOULDN'T LIKELY TO LEAVE THEM BEHIND, THE WHOLE WORLD ARE STILL RELIEVING FROM THE DISASTER.

THIS A SCREENSHOT FROM THE EMBASSY OF GERMANY IN INDIA

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by GreatMage: 10:48am On Jul 12, 2020
SusanDaves069:
Good morning guys. Please when is the best time to apply to public schools in Germany. Everybody is talking about waiting for AD, AL, AP. Abeg someone should help a sister o. I want to apply too but seems the deadline has passed or something.
Awaiting different response. Thanks and God bless

You can still apply...
Depending on the school...
Check daad.de
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by GreatMage: 12:10pm On Jul 12, 2020
But to be frank;

You guys are disturbing...

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by segzysexy(m): 12:56pm On Jul 12, 2020
[quote author=handello post=91625604][/quote]yes .
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by uchezdedon(m): 2:38pm On Jul 12, 2020
Delaria:

HI, good day all, please can anyone let me in on how to apply to Ghana embassy or Kotonu as a Nigerian. What do I need, how do I go about it please? Cos I already blocked and got a date which was canceled due to the pandemic.

I'm meant to resume school in October and the embassy asked me to call the back when our international flights are open. God knows I don't know when.
So what's the process of getting a permit in these countries and applying for Visa please?
Help a sister... Thanks.

I believe the German embassy in Lagos will soon open.
If you want to try Ghana or kotonu, u will still need to get their resident permit and must have lived there for atleast 6months.

My sister was issued an interview date in lagos, but it was cancelled due to the pandemic and I'm very sure she will get a new date as soon as they re-open. She's equally starting October.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 12, 2020
uchezdedon:

If you want to try Ghana or kotonu, u will still need to get their resident permit and must have lived there for atleast 6months.

My sister was issued an interview date in lagos, but it was cancelled due to the pandemic and I'm very sure she will get a new date as soon as they re-open. She's equally starting October.

Okay. Thank you very much.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Mrchippychappy(m): 4:52pm On Jul 12, 2020
uchezdedon:

Hope they resume services soon! wish you guys good luck.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 5:40pm On Jul 12, 2020
I want to ask that if someone while applying for school use Nigeria as the address and when you want to apply for visa now applied for visa in another country.

I hope issue won't arise that why did you put Nigeria in the school application now applied for visa in another country?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Rilwan3628(m): 7:07pm On Jul 12, 2020
No one will answer.

Think on another way to get response to this your inquire.

To the appropriate authority..

Stiflersammy:
I want to ask that if someone while applying for school use Nigeria as the address and when you want to apply for visa now applied for visa in another country.

I hope issue won't arise that why did you put Nigeria in the school application now applied for visa in another country?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Acuna91: 12:51am On Jul 13, 2020
uchezdedon:

Is your sister in cat A or B?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by PhilJames: 1:30am On Jul 13, 2020
Guys please I need your input on this. Your clarification would be very much appreciated....

1. Assuming that I want to apply for masters admission to 5 different schools via uniassit, do I have to certify my documents five different times for each school? Or is one batch certification sufficient for the five schools?

2. Do I have to pay the processing fee for each school?

3. Do I still have to pay for anything for school that doesn't require processing fee?

Thank you.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by uchezdedon(m): 4:57am On Jul 13, 2020
Acuna91:

Is your sister in cat A or B?

Category A, as at when she applied.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by decide: 6:26am On Jul 13, 2020
PhilJames:
Guys please I need your input on this. Your clarification would be very much appreciated....

1. Assuming that I want to apply for masters admission to 5 different schools via uniassit, do I have to certify my documents five different times for each school? Or is one batch certification sufficient for the five schools?

2. Do I have to pay the processing fee for each school?

3. Do I still have to pay for anything for school that doesn't require processing fee?

Thank you.

1. You submit 1 set of certified document to uniassist
2. Yes, except the school paid for the processing fee like TU Berlin and Uni of Potsdam

3. No
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by GreatMage: 8:15am On Jul 13, 2020
My people!

What's the movement this week? grin
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Valentinejeco: 8:20am On Jul 13, 2020
walexies:

Yes bro.
ok bro I pmed you
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dollypeeee: 8:26am On Jul 13, 2020
GreatMage:
My people!

What's the movement this week? grin

We look up to Baba God and German embassy for AD...

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ghettonews: 9:37am On Jul 13, 2020
German embassy for Nigeria na Bleep-up, guys u see that non sense German ambassador for Nigeria, u see that woman something dey worry am.

Everything about women too dey dey difference, if na man he would have considered somethings at least to start accepting visa applications from students who have limited time so they don't Miss their enrollment deadlines.

I wish we have the kind of ambassador benin,Ghana,south Africa has here in Nigeria things would have been better.

Na this kind thing wey make me no dey like women. Mcheeew
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Acuna91: 9:50am On Jul 13, 2020
ghettonews:
German embassy for Nigeria na Bleep-up, guys u see that non sense German ambassador for Nigeria, u see that woman something dey worry am.

Everything about women too dey dey difference, if na man he would have considered somethings at least to start accepting visa applications from students who have limited time so they don't Miss their enrollment deadlines.

I wish we have the kind of ambassador benin,Ghana,south Africa has here in Nigeria things would have been better.

Na this kind thing wey make me no dey like women. Mcheeew
Bros calm down ooo. This is world wide web, everybody is seeing it. Don't throw insult on any of the consulars here is totally out of their control and I don't support your idea.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 13, 2020
So much wisdom here.

I think we all should just calm down and be hopeful. There is nothing worrying will do.

ghettonews:
GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY IM THE HOUSE, I CONFIRMED THAT THE REAL READON FOR THE DELAYING OF THE EMBASSY REOPENING IS DUE TO THE INTL FLIGHT.

GUYS DO REMEMBER THAT WHEN U ARE BOOKING YOUR APPLICATION, U WILL HAVE TO TELL THE EMBASSY WHEN U WILL TRAVEL AND U MUST FILL IT ON YOUR VISA FORM.

SO ASSUMING NOW, THEY GAVE U AN APPOINTMENT DATE WHY THE INTL FLIGHT IS NOT YET ONGOING, THEN HOW WILL U BE ABLE TO FORCAST TO THEM THAT THE INTL FLIGHT WILL START BEFORE THAT YOUR TRAVEL DATE,, SO DO U SEE THAT THE SITUATION IS LOGICAL NOW, SO THAT'S WHY WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE EMBASSY AND PRAY THAT THE NIGERIAN GOVT RESUMES THE INTL FLIGHT SOON JUST LIKE THE AVIATIONS HAS SAID EALIER.

CHINA HAS THE HIGHEST NO OF INTL STUDENTS IN GERMANY WHILE INDIA HAS THE SECOND, BUT INDIA HAVING THE SECOND HIGHEST NO OF STUDENTS IN GERMANY ITS EMBASSY IS NOT EVEN YET OPEN DUE TO NO INTL FLIGHT AND THERE IS STILL A LITTLE LOCKDOWN IN A POPULAR COMMUNITY CLOSER TO THE CONSULATE IN INDIA. AND THE WEBSITE OF GERMAN EMBASSY IN INDIA STATED THAT WOULD NOT RESUME YET DUE TO THE INT'L FLIGHT NOT YET RESUMED.

SO GUYS REMEMBER SINCE INDIA ARE ONE OF THE POPULAR AND HIGHEST NO OF STUDENTS IN GERMANY, GERMANY WOULDN'T LIKELY TO LEAVE THEM BEHIND, THE WHOLE WORLD ARE STILL RELIEVING FROM THE DISASTER.

THIS A SCREENSHOT FROM THE EMBASSY OF GERMANY IN INDIA
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ghettonews: 10:35am On Jul 13, 2020
authe911:
So much wisdom here.

I think we all should just calm down and be hopeful. There is nothing worrying will do.

well someone said he spoke with an insider and he told this week, so I pray so bro

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by clintonsparkz(m): 11:06am On Jul 13, 2020
ghettonews:
well someone said he spoke with an insider and he told this week, so I pray so bro
He said Monday, and Monday we are, so we go know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (708) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.