Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1108008 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by olig(m): 9:21am On Jul 11, 2020
[b][/b]
I don't claim to know all, we are all learning.
I am a geologist, I may be a novice on some issues.

But I believe we have people that read international relations and other related courses here in the thread, also people that read virology, medicine, etc, and the political scientist.

Please come up with a short write up and tell us what German embassy in Nigeria did wrong and what they should have done differently.

Am really willing to learn from sensible people.

Thank you for your time.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Abacino007(m): 10:25am On Jul 11, 2020
Good day everyone,

Can someone please help me with the actual link to Germany embassy so that I can also be following every updates.

Thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by segzysexy(m): 10:47am On Jul 11, 2020
For DAAD EPOS scholarship the 2 years post working experience is mandatory (NYSC experience inclusive) but for the DAAD PPGG program it is not really relevant.
2. I don't have much idea on this.

quote author=Judee99 post=91566659]

Please How compulsory is the criteria for 2 years of work experience. I have just over 1 year of post BSc, though I have several years experience before my Bsc.
2. Some universities require that you send paper documents certified by German embassy. How do I go about it?
Thank you [/quote]

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by olig(m): 10:48am On Jul 11, 2020
https://nigeria.diplo.de/ng-en/vertretungen/generalkonsulatlagos

You can also follow shengen news here;

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/latest/#

Abacino007:
Good day everyone,

Can someone please help me with the actual link to Germany embassy so that I can also be following every updates.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Abacino007(m): 12:05pm On Jul 11, 2020
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by nixymax(f): 12:11pm On Jul 11, 2020
Hi family, this post was copied from a WhatsApp group and I think it may be useful here concerning the German visa palava.

*INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP FORUM (ISF)*�
ISF, we are moving✈.....

Dear erudite scholars,

ISF, we are moving✈....

*TRAVELLING TO EUROPE AND OTHER CONTINENTS DURING THE ONGOING LOCKDOWN AND INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL BAN*

Obtaining a first class degree in biochemistry and graduating as one of the best in the class of 2017, Chukwemeka Odumegwu motivated me towards searching for a greener pasture abroad.

At first, I thought it was all about having a good result, but experiences have made me realize that, although good results can give you an edge towards achieving your goal, they are not close to being the ultimate requirement.

I did my first application in 2018, to Australian universities using a study agent, I was able to get two admission with both 50% scholarships.

I lost interest in them because the remaining 50% I was to pay was above 8 million naira.

Fast forward to 2019, I did several applications to US universities, got 3 admission letters and one came with a partial scholarship of about 75 percent but was denied visa twice on weekly intervals��. I was depressed, local man wanted to give up.

In march, 2019, after US visa denial even on scholarship, I had to think about Germany.
My first application to Germany, was to three schools, I got only one admission that year for winter semester at Rhein Waal, received two rejection letters. I was happy cos one admission letter is enough to get me a visa.
I applied for visa, no interview date�‍♂️�‍♂️ then U got demoralised. Early 2019 bleeped me up.

Afterwards, I started my admission/scholarship hunt with no preference to a particular country. I applied to any country I see a notification of their scholarship in my email with most of my applications going to UK and Germany.

I got a total of above 20 admission letters in UK with some as partial scholarships. 7 admission letters in Germany ( got three admission letters for winter 2020 even when I applied for summer�), I also received offers in China, Saudi Arabia and Italy. I had to go with my Germany cos of the free tuition.

I applied for an interview date for summer in August 16 2019, waited for 3 months, got my visa interview date on 31 December 2019.

I was meant to be interviewed on Feb 4 2020, I prepared well, got to the German embassy that day, they said they they don't have light, that all interviews are cancelled and automatically rescheduled for the next day, depending on an individual consent.
That was when I know that village people dey vex�.

A whole German embassy Lagos doesn't have light��, the first to have been witnessed since 7years of their existence here.

I left, came back the next day. On 5th, ready to pour my long crammed practiced interview transcripts.� But luckily for her, my interview was not up to 5 mins. I left with full conviction that visa is certain.

Fast forward to 3rd march, while coming back from Frau Jennifer's Deutsch class, I got my AM. Sent my doc n passport on 5th, got my visa on 11th march, all in my birth month�, but my visa stamp came with 18th march as the starting date, meaning that I cannot come to Germany unless it is 18th of march.

I booked my flight to travel by 18th march, came to Lagos on 16 to fly on 18, Germany locked down on 17th march�‍♂️�‍♂️.

Ever since then, I was stuck in Lagos and watching my hard earned visa expire in my presence while I do nothing. I waited for 3 months and 18 days until on Monday dis week when I have decided to take a bold step.

I have seen many people give reasons why you and I can't enter Germany because of the pandemic. Some said Nigerians are not allowed to come in forgetting that students are exempted.

I was looking for that one person to give me reason why I should look for a way and get out of this country but couldn't. I got an information that Cotonou airport has been functional with out any form of lockdown ever since the conception of the lock down. I looked for a way to confirm the info, and on validating it, I had to go to Cotonou by fire by force��

I booked my ticket to travel on 8th, being yesterday. Just arrived here today, and I was not convinced yet until I had to enter the wrong train to my house and spend another money...�

Wen I was checked in today at Frankfurt by immigration, I had to come back to the officer to ask him if it is only the stamp that I require because I was afraid for the point that students are not allowed to come in, but it is a lie.

As a student, if u can get a good letter from your school indicating that your presence is needed, you are good to go, or an enrollment letter can do.

*PS*
Note:. 99.9% of the passengers I saw in Cotonou yesterday are Nigerians with my igbo brethrens dominating. So act fast

✍️
For: Theorem

18 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by olig(m): 1:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 2:14pm On Jul 11, 2020
olig:
https://nigeriaembassygermany.org/

Bro what is the link actually for, am not sounding rude just asking.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 2:16pm On Jul 11, 2020
nixymax:
Hi family, this post was copied from a WhatsApp group and I think it may be useful here concerning the German visa palava.

ISF, we are moving✈.....

Dear erudite scholars,

ISF, we are moving✈....

*TRAVELLING TO EUROPE AND OTHER CONTINENTS DURING THE ONGOING LOCKDOWN AND INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL BAN*

Obtaining a first class degree in biochemistry and graduating as one of the best in the class of 2017, Chukwemeka Odumegwu motivated me towards searching for a greener pasture abroad.

At first, I thought it was all about having a good result, but experiences have made me realize that, although good results can give you an edge towards achieving your goal, they are not close to being the ultimate requirement.

I did my first application in 2018, to Australian universities using a study agent, I was able to get two admission with both 50% scholarships.

I lost interest in them because the remaining 50% I was to pay was above 8 million naira.

Fast forward to 2019, I did several applications to US universities, got 3 admission letters and one came with a partial scholarship of about 75 percent but was denied visa twice on weekly intervals��. I was depressed, local man wanted to give up.

In march, 2019, after US visa denial even on scholarship, I had to think about Germany.
My first application to Germany, was to three schools, I got only one admission that year for winter semester at Rhein Waal, received two rejection letters. I was happy cos one admission letter is enough to get me a visa.
I applied for visa, no interview date�‍♂️�‍♂️ then U got demoralised. Early 2019 bleeped me up.

Afterwards, I started my admission/scholarship hunt with no preference to a particular country. I applied to any country I see a notification of their scholarship in my email with most of my applications going to UK and Germany.

I got a total of above 20 admission letters in UK with some as partial scholarships. 7 admission letters in Germany ( got three admission letters for winter 2020 even when I applied for summer�), I also received offers in China, Saudi Arabia and Italy. I had to go with my Germany cos of the free tuition.

I applied for an interview date for summer in August 16 2019, waited for 3 months, got my visa interview date on 31 December 2019.

I was meant to be interviewed on Feb 4 2020, I prepared well, got to the German embassy that day, they said they they don't have light, that all interviews are cancelled and automatically rescheduled for the next day, depending on an individual consent.
That was when I know that village people dey vex�.

A whole German embassy Lagos doesn't have light��, the first to have been witnessed since 7years of their existence here.

I left, came back the next day. On 5th, ready to pour my long crammed practiced interview transcripts.� But luckily for her, my interview was not up to 5 mins. I left with full conviction that visa is certain.

Fast forward to 3rd march, while coming back from Frau Jennifer's Deutsch class, I got my AM. Sent my doc n passport on 5th, got my visa on 11th march, all in my birth month�, but my visa stamp came with 18th march as the starting date, meaning that I cannot come to Germany unless it is 18th of march.

I booked my flight to travel by 18th march, came to Lagos on 16 to fly on 18, Germany locked down on 17th march�‍♂️�‍♂️.

Ever since then, I was stuck in Lagos and watching my hard earned visa expire in my presence while I do nothing. I waited for 3 months and 18 days until on Monday dis week when I have decided to take a bold step.

I have seen many people give reasons why you and I can't enter Germany because of the pandemic. Some said Nigerians are not allowed to come in forgetting that students are exempted.

I was looking for that one person to give me reason why I should look for a way and get out of this country but couldn't. I got an information that Cotonou airport has been functional with out any form of lockdown ever since the conception of the lock down. I looked for a way to confirm the info, and on validating it, I had to go to Cotonou by fire by force��

I booked my ticket to travel on 8th, being yesterday. Just arrived here today, and I was not convinced yet until I had to enter the wrong train to my house and spend another money...�

Wen I was checked in today at Frankfurt by immigration, I had to come back to the officer to ask him if it is only the stamp that I require because I was afraid for the point that students are not allowed to come in, but it is a lie.

As a student, if u can get a good letter from your school indicating that your presence is needed, you are good to go, or an enrollment letter can do.

*PS*
Note:. 99.9% of the passengers I saw in Cotonou yesterday are Nigerians with my igbo brethrens dominating. So act fast

✍️
For: Theorem

Is this person saying we can enter in for an appointment in cotonou or what?

Because for Cotonou all you need to do is just to bring all the document and enter for an appointment no booking.

Am not sure if that will work.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by abdquadr: 4:05pm On Jul 11, 2020

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by abdquadr: 4:06pm On Jul 11, 2020
abdquadr:
Bro, I am not blaming you for whatever you’ve said. I’m just trying to say that it’s really difficult to make friends with Nigerians when you live abroad.

I don’t live in Nigeria, I live in Istanbul and I am talking from experience.

About the tweets, nobody will listen because they are tired of waiting. But the truth is, those tweets might not change anything and if you have to tweet, do that reasonably because we are dealing with embassy o, not someone’s shop abi office. I strongly hope it make the changes we want to effect.

Chanel your anger to Nigerians in power. Especially the foreign ministry. If embassy vex finish, Na big deal o. but we have to be careful.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by clintonsparkz(m): 4:15pm On Jul 11, 2020
Stiflersammy:

Is this person saying we can enter in for an appointment in cotonou or what?

Because for Cotonou all you need to do is just to bring all the document and enter for an appointment no booking.

Am not sure if that will work.
The write up said he traveled through Benin, not that he had interview in Benin, he already got the visa in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (708) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.