Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,545 members, 7,955,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:34 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1217434 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (740) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by chisomonyeke: 4:29pm On Jul 10, 2020
Good afternoon

Please let's be prayerful that consulate resumes on Monday as earlier suggested by someone.

Monday is not far, I equally have this feeling that they will resume soon.

Please let's be together and I believe God will help us in Jesus name

4 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by clintonsparkz(m): 5:52pm On Jul 10, 2020
chisomonyeke:
Good afternoon

Please let's be prayerful that consulate resumes on Monday as earlier suggested by someone.

Monday is not far, I equally have this feeling that they will resume soon.

Please let's be together and I believe God will help us in Jesus name
Do you know how many Mondays I have counted? I keep reading the articles on their website and seeing positive things, yet its not applicable to us, I am hoping on Monday, even as at that the hope is still on a small scale, this AD keeps u stagnant, you can't do any meaningful thing cause u don't want to abandon it, you can't even invest self, I am praying Monday is Monday! or next week they will open cause sincerely most people are tired. its mentally draining.

4 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SOLARPOWER1(f): 6:53pm On Jul 10, 2020
olig:
Guys take things easy.

They have their plans and you can't change that. Just don't cause problems for subsequent set of people.

The situation we are in now is not fault of anyone. So many things have been destabilized already.

Embassy will resume when they feel is right.
The fact that they resume in other African countries does not mean they must resume in Nigeria and the remaining countries at the same time.

After all, Nigeria embassy in Berlin did not resume after all other countries have resumed and normalcy returned.

Inagine if they have given some people Visa since February /March and they can't travel till now, we will still be saying they should extend it or reissue if/when expired.

Also, they are very sure of what those African countries are doing and how soon they can resume international flight. But in Nigeria, is that the case? We can only deceive "ourselves ", which is a big disease. No one knows the trend or when situation will return to normal. PTF is saying there could be another lock down again.

They are not even sure of the number of infections here. Look the the number of test per million in all countries you are comparing.
We are not even consistent yet.

Germany is not the problem. Even people with visa/permit can not travel, why should they keep issuing new ones?

Just calm down, I believe the situation will return to "normal" very soon

Don't creat an unnecessary scene.

God bless

Why are you doing this? If you are a passive person, do you have to transfer that your passivity and cowardice to other people? Please just be observing while men with leadership skills pilot this affair... You are free to celebrate with us when things go well

5 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by adeco2(m): 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2020
Please, do anyone know about GISMA Business School. I intend to enroll for M.Sc in Leadership and Human Resources Management.
Is GISMA well recognized? What are the chances of being employed in Germany after completion of the programme.
I gathered tuition fees can be paid on installment

Please I need your advice.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Miscellaneous(m): 7:14pm On Jul 10, 2020
walexies:

Almost all schools have the caveat stating "you can send in your bachelor certificate later, so far you have your transcript".

Is it possible to sort uni-assist schools that offer courses in English?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SOLARPOWER1(f): 7:21pm On Jul 10, 2020
olig:
Sincerely, its amazing how we think, especially we that called ourselves graduates.
For God sake stop the tweet. I have not seen your tweets and I will not check, because it will be annoying to me that is even a Nigerian.

This is part of the "eyes with which Germans look at Nigerians" we are always in hurry (especially when you tell them you live in Lagos) and desperate. Desperation could also be a sign that one can do anything; including fraud.
Stop sending the wrong signal.
Did Ghanaian tweet before they start interviewing them?
If you are a German, will you consider a Nigerian ahead of a Ghanaian on moral basis? Let us be sincere to ourselves and not be blindfolded by our emotions.

Am forced to now mention this, I am a DAAD, PhD scholar. I returned to Nigeria with a valid residence permit in February for my field work. Unfortunately my return flight was cancelled in Marco by the airline due to the pandemic, and I could not travel back. Unfortunately again my residence permit expired at the end of March and I couldn't travel before they because of the lock down and travel restrictions both in Nigeria and Germany. Unfortunately again I couldn't book for a new visa because embassy is closed. Both my supervisor and DAAD wrote to the embassy but nothing could be done because even with a valid visa I can't even travel because of the restrictions in place. Or would have have chattered a plane from Nigeria to Germany?

I am even permitted to apply to another certificate (by the virtue of my residency and the situation on ground) that entitle me to travel without a visa. But I didn't apply for that until last week when interstate lock down was lifted, and I hope international restrictions will be lifted by Nigerian Government in two months..

Al am saying is that; I am more willing that visa procedures resume soon than anyone here. But we must show some level of literacy, understanding and calmness.

All "we" do on tweeter only indicates that we lack proper understanding of the current situation.

That is why I don't blame those criticizing WHO and the leader been and African because of the way they handled the issue when it first started.

If you are a CEO of a "company name Germany", is what you are telly Germany to do now because you are a Nigeriam what you all do?

Beyond this appointment date issue, what is wrong in asking questions on why the appointment system is so traditional and disorganized compared um what is obtainable in other African countries....Germany is coming to sign more contracts with Nigeria in the power sector and other areas, they do business flawlessly with our government but they treat the citizens this way because we don't have leaders to speak for us and imagine what somebody like you is saying, where then is the hope ..

Some of the lines you used here are very demeaning and shows signs of inferiority complex..I can't believe somebody as educated as you are can find any iota of alliance or comfort in such racist submission that " WHO and the leader being an African because of the way they handled the issue when it first started"

If you agree Africans are up to nothing just keep it to yourself while you continue to allow other race to brain watch you...

8 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by IceColdVeins(m): 7:43pm On Jul 10, 2020
Please who has/ever had a valid admission into University of Hohenheim? I need help with the housing application portal
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by IceColdVeins(m): 8:08pm On Jul 10, 2020
olig:
Thank you bro, and thank you all.

Bro I support this notion of yours. Though you typed a bit too much, which is tantamount to flogging a dead horse. Believe me, your highly grandiloquent points still won’t make sense to these shenanigans. This country is fvcked up and there’s nothing you can do about it.
Everything is just bamboozling!

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by 4realisreal(m): 8:09pm On Jul 10, 2020
@ Olig, u may be the type that wait forever for things to take its natural cause, while some others have the potential and the willingness to make changes.

If u were in the US it's very clear that u would have discouraged people from coming out for "black lives matter" protest.

Am sure ur point would have been " is George Floyd the first black to be killed? Blacks should be grateful that the whites are allowing them to stay in the US and if they can't stay they should return to their country". But today the protest has gained ground all over the world. One person started it

Olig, do u think Nigeria students should not be given the same opportunity as their African counterpart to have quality education in Germany?

Is it covid-19 that also made them to hurled appointment date for summer students ie since last year? Or u think is because Nigerian students are not doing well in Germany, Or Nigerian students are the highest number in Germany hence they want to reduce the population.

Olig, the truth is whites don't reason the way u do. They beliv in human right, right to information. If they don't want to give Nigerian students visa anymore, they should come out plain and say it so that people can turn to other countries. And not beign cowardice or fear of unknown consequence as u have displayed.

The tweet is not a provocative one, it is a simple call for them to attend to Nigerian students as we are no longer satisfied with their neglect since prior covid-19 and now. This is not the same as desperation. People deferred admissions from summer to winter.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by clintonsparkz(m): 8:20pm On Jul 10, 2020
4realisreal:
@ Olig, u may be the type that wait forever for things to take its natural cause, while some others have the potential and the willingness to make changes.

If u were in the US it's very clear that u would have discouraged people from coming out for "black lives matter" protest.

Am sure ur point would have been " is George Floyd the first black to be killed? Blacks should be grateful that the whites are allowing them to stay in the US and if they can't stay they should return to their country". But today the protest has gained ground all over the world. One person started it

Olig, do u think Nigeria students should not be given the same opportunity as their African counterpart to have quality education in Germany?

Is it covid-19 that also made them to hurled appointment date for summer students ie since last year? Or u think is because Nigerian students are not doing well in Germany, Or Nigerian students are the highest number in Germany hence they want to reduce the population.

Olig, the truth is whites don't reason the way u do. They beliv in human right, right to information. If they don't want to give Nigerian students visa anymore, they should come out plain and say it so that people can turn to other countries. And not beign cowardice or fear of unknown consequence as u have displayed.

The tweet is not a provocative one, it is a simple call for them to attend to Nigerian students as we are no longer satisfied with their neglect since prior covid-19 and now. This is not the same as desperation. People deferred admissions from summer to winter.

nice one here!

4 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Judee99(m): 9:07pm On Jul 10, 2020
Judee99:

Please How compulsory is the criteria for 2 years of work experience. I have just over 1 year of post BSc, though I have several years experience before my Bsc.
2. Some universities require that you send paper documents certified by German embassy. How do I go about it?
Thank you
Please scholars help me out
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Georgy12: 9:10pm On Jul 10, 2020
CooKeed:

Try potsdam. You are required to upload documents on Uni-assist but you don't need to send physical documents by courier. Also, no processing fee is charged. Application deadline should be July 15th.

Leuphana Univ of Lüneburg too. Same as above. But you will have to pay processing fee
Thanks alot...I really appreciate.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Gboye123: 9:11pm On Jul 10, 2020
walexies:
This is dicey. My opinion is we should not blame the embassy, neither should we blame those going on Twitter.

Why we should not blame the embassy: put into consideration that the EU/Germany made their decision far before this month. And if we look farther, we would see that there was restriction on movement in Nigeria (interstate). If the embassy were to be opened for CAT B interviews far before now, how will those living outside Lagos and Abuja get to embassy for their interviews. Moreover, there was restriction on local flight, until yesterday. So, since the government has relaxed local flight restriction, it makes sense to believe the person that said they may open for CAT B interview on Monday.

Why we should not blame those that went on Twitter: All around the world, peaceful protest is the order of the day, just like the ongoing BLM. Let us see theirs as virtual protest due to the on-going coronavirus. I am not against what they are doing so far it is guided and has a solid goal.

This call for my question: what is the goal.

Is it for the embassy to start sending emails for appointment dates? If that it the case, it was impossible until 8th of July as we had flight restriction locally, don't forget FGN relaxed interstate travels July 1st and German government were not in the know until when FGN announced; they can't wait for our government before they will make theirs, Ghana relaxed theirs (local flight) far before July; hence why Germany inculcated Ghana's when making their decision in June. So in nutshell, they can interview Ghanians even if they are yet to relax international flight ban coz their was no restriction locally. For ours, that was what they thought coz no one knows our govt would relax July 1st, which was same day when embassy of countries under EU were directed to resume; but for Nigerians, if they had decided to call us for interview when we had interstate restriction, how will the person in borno get to Abuja or Lagos; and even if Germany had given the order to call for interviews the next day after FGN announcement of interstate movement, don't forget we had local flight restriction (not everybody can travel that long distance by road due to one or 2 things)

The second goal: Is it for us to be able to choose our appointment dates like our counterparts in other countries? If this is the case, it is arguable but not 100%. Our government is not helping, our international profile is not assisting, some of the Nigerians in diaspora are making matter worst and tarnishing the image of the country, just like our so called politician.

It is arguable because they can still do something about it rather than making us look less human (if you see it that way; believe me, no one can treat Americans like this); but think about it, if our economy is on point (like China) or thriving to be there (like Rwanda), German govt and EU won't have option but call our government to the table, and address her citizens like Kings and queens.

Free education with German tax payers money extended to foreigners is a privilege; and for those with the school of thought that the 10,236 euros (payment into blocked account) is an investment in German economy are also damn right.

However, to guys on Twitter, nice work but be guided. Remember there is a thin line between how fine what you are doing is and how bad it can be. If it is bad, is going to affect not just us but generations to come; and if it is a good job, is going to also have effect on generations to come.

I believe with no expectation from a seer that they will start calling for interviews next week since our govt already relaxed the local flight restriction yesterday (8th of July, 2020).

Well said brother. Well said
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 9:17pm On Jul 10, 2020
Let me add to something you people have said.

We are all here when they posted a screenshot of a family unification, didn't they remember that international airport have not resumed in Nigeria, so you see what they are doing?

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Gboye123: 9:28pm On Jul 10, 2020
olig:
Thank you bro, and thank you all.

I will sit down as recommend by Stiflersammy.

It's not my problem.

All am just saying is not to use your over desperation ruin the hope/chance of subsequent applicants.

As educated fellow, one would understand higher level of understanding from people of this category. We are in an unprecedented situation now all over the world. However, situation differs from one country to another.

If I may now ask, (1) why don't you ask them to open border to Nigerians because they opened to some other African countries? If your claim is right that they must interview Nigerians because there are doing same in other countries (2) initial visa will expire from 2 weeks to 6 months depending on categories) and from your interview it takes average of 6 weeks to a couple of months to process your visa. If they issue 3 months visa to you in March, you will still be on twitter complaining again. (3) how do you intend to attend visa interview during the lock down? Or you think they break every rules like us?
(4) how do you intend to travel even when it is not know when your own country will allow international travel?
(5) why is Nigerian embassy in Berlin not opened to her own citizens, even when all other embassy have opened?
(6) why did Nigeria not relax the curfew and lock down when Ghana and all other countries you are comparing with did?
(7) why not take to tweeter when Ghana relax curfew for Nigeria to relax too? Since we must be the same.
(cool why is traveling to France still possible from Benin Republic till today and Nigeria is internationally locked?
(9) if you ask for the reason why Ghana can chose their own date for interview and Nigerians can not, I will also like to know why visa was not required for a Nigerian citizens traveling to UK at a time in history but now a requirement?
(10) why is Nigerian part of those that can not apply for lottery to US for instance whereas some other Africans can still apply?
(11) what is the population of Ghanaian in Germany compare to Nigerians, and how many applications do they receive in each country?
(12) what percentage of Ghanaian return to their country after studies compared to Nigerians?
(13) what is the abuse of system rate in Ghana compare to Nigeria?
(14) why are Nigerians (including myself) always desperate to leave their country compared to Ghana?

Note; all this desperattions will only worsen the situation over time.
Before now, no blocked account was required.
Before now, to book interview require only half page of paper; name, passport number, travel date, destination, signature and date.
Before now, they allow us to do interview without funding.
Before now, they issue visa to some even without funding blocked account.

This is diplomatic issue, there is nothing your tweet can do about it. They have their reasons and valid data; even the one you don't have on your own country.
We can only deceive ourselves.

Are Nigerians more important to Germany than US? Or is Ghana even more important? Why are they interviewing and will soon allow Ghanaian to enter as against US?

All I will say again is please and please, don't cut the ladder by the way you handle things.

Is UK even undertaking visa process at the moment? Don't we have better link/ history with UK than Germany ?

Are we the only student in the world in this category?

The truth is, Nigerians just like most other African countries always look for who to blame. Whereas, we are the cause of our own problems, including racism.

Good luck all.

I think we should also call out the Nigerian Embassy in Berlin to open up as their action(s)/ inaction(s) is/are having bad effect on us over here.
I read in one of the press releases by the EU concerning resumption of Embassies and border lockdown relaxations. There is a condition that was given. RECIPROCITY. if any EU country is to open it's borders or consular services to a particular country, the same country must show reciprocity. I think that could be the cause of the issue we are having.
I want to suggest we call out the Nigerian embassy in Berlin to open quickly. This way we will have, hopefully, better results.
Let the Gurus in the house lead the way and we'll all follow. We will tag abike dabiri. Tag every official concerned with diaspora matters
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 9:54pm On Jul 10, 2020
Gboye123:

I think we should also call out the Nigerian Embassy in Berlin to open up as their action(s)/ inaction(s) is/are having bad effect on us over here.
I read in one of the press releases by the EU concerning resumption of Embassies and border lockdown relaxations. There is a condition that was given. RECIPROCITY. if any EU country is to open it's borders or consular services to a particular country, the same country must show reciprocity. I think that could be the cause of the issue we are having.
I want to suggest we call out the Nigerian embassy in Berlin to open quickly. This way we will have, hopefully, better results.
Let the Gurus in the house lead the way and we'll all follow. We will tag abike dabiri. Tag every official concerned with diaspora matters

That's the handle @NigeriaBerlin

Have tweeted them although inform of question I hope they get back. I didn't add the tag though.

This is the link if you wanna support the tweet and comment.

https://twitter.com/Stifler_Sammy/status/1281693572237012998?s=19

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Gboye123: 9:59pm On Jul 10, 2020
Stiflersammy:

Have tweeted them although inform of question I hope they get back. I didn't add the tag though.

Ok. Very good
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 10:04pm On Jul 10, 2020
Gboye123:

Ok. Very good

You guys should not lead me on and leave me hanging o.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Gboye123: 10:32pm On Jul 10, 2020
Stiflersammy:

You guys should not lead me on and leave me hanging o.

You liked my post and retweeted.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 10, 2020
Like Olig said;

Hello everyone, I was going through this thread and I just wanna say, please some “forcing” yourselves on the German embassy in Lagos.

Germany is a very bureaucratic country and everything goes according to law, Nigeria has not resumed international flights and I’m not sure if interstate travel or lockdown has been lifted. Basically, Nigeria is not at the moment working 100% in all her sectors. The embassy of course liaise with the federal government for every visa application and if the liaison office is not working at the moment, there’s nothing they can do.

Germany herself is not totally working and life is just at the moment going back to Normal slowly, the main priority is containing the Corona virus, and EU travels only resumed June 15th. There’s a lot of complications that will arise if the embassy start visa issuance at the moment because the Corona virus can be spread from prospective German students coming into the country for the first time. German citizens traveling to countries like Bosnia have to compulsorily take a corona test when returning to Germany “Reisewarnung”.

Stay calm, keep your eyes out for new informations and perfect your documents. Please stop trying to force another country to open their embassy to give you visas to study in their country in the midst of a pandemic when your country or their country is not fully operational. It just makes you look like entitled people.

Life outside is so much different from the average Nigerian point of view.

6 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ulysses71: 11:50pm On Jul 10, 2020
Hey guys, first time commenting. Lately I’ve been giving serious thought to the idea of studying abroad. Did basic checks online and Germany is already looking like a good destination( I like the idea of free Education lol). Anyways my issue is, how easy would it be to transfer my studies there, because am already a Med student here in Nigeria. I wouldn’t mind going back to 2nd yr there(am kind of in d middle of yr3 and 4 now, 2nd mbbs wahala). I want to know if it’s possible and what my options are. Thanks.

Ps: University of Freiburg is what agama eyes on for now.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by olig(m): 12:50am On Jul 11, 2020
I laugh and laugh.

I don't blame you.

By the time you get there and if you have good mind and good behavior, you will see what am saying. Even you yourself will not want to associate with some blacks. Especially from Nigeria. You will remember this later.

My point is we are the ones that tell or show them who we really are.

Some people's past bad behavior are causing the issue.

Now, for instance they don't allow you to be doing several master again. Some guys have been there for more than 10 years and have never finished a program.
Few years back now they stop that. Is now becoming difficult for a person that genuinely want to do 2 or 3 masters.

I strongly pray you are successful. You will soon see what am talking about. That is if you yourself are "upright". You will hear of some opportunities the past students have closed against you.

Am sure you will still blame the Germans for it.

What am saying is not about being inferior, you are not just being objective enough in your reasoning and discussion.

What am saying is that, there are certain people in Nigeria today that you yourself will not want to consider in some instamces based on some reasons, or what they have done before, will it be nice to put the blame on you?

Of course asking questions is not a sin. But what am saying is be reasonable in questions you ask.

Am sure some of these will be asked during some of the interview, and you will tell them that you would have just be interviewing everyone from every country and giving visa.
Am sure they will clap for you.

Mind you most of their questions are not pure academics. Some are denied visa due to over desperation and they feel he will mever come back.

Am sure you will still take to tweeter and ask they why did dry give 2:2 visa and deny 2:1 or First Class.

Am a foolish man, I don't need to be told. But am sure one day you will remember some of what am saying.

Do you know that some supervisors at higher level dig as far a your social media before they accept you?

Do things gently and sensibly.

My own little advice again is, tweet at ministry of interior and that of foreign affairs. They should give exemption to the restrictions and everything will be fine.
Am very sure all embassy are communicating with them and they will only resume visa process when they thing is visible.

Tell me which embassy in Nigeria is currently giving visa or undertaking visa procedures. Why do you feel Germany is the worst.

SOLARPOWER1:

Beyond this appointment date issue, what is wrong in asking questions on why the appointment system is so traditional and disorganized compared um what is obtainable in other African countries....Germany is coming to sign more contracts with Nigeria in the power sector and other areas, they do business flawlessly with our government but they treat the citizens this way because we don't have leaders to speak for us and imagine what somebody like you is saying, where then is the hope ..

Some of the lines you used here are very demeaning and shows signs of inferiority complex..I can't believe somebody as educated as you are can find any iota of alliance or comfort in such racist submission that " WHO and the leader being an African because of the way they handled the issue when it first started"

If you agree Africans are up to nothing just keep it to yourself while you continue to allow other race to brain watch you...

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by olig(m): 1:18am On Jul 11, 2020
It is very important that I comment on this again.
Am not dragging anything with you. Just further explanation.

Did I say one should wait for ever on this issue? And have they denied you your opportunity yet?

I don't even understand the point you guys are making. Nigerian government formerly lifted restrictions on July 1st for God's sake. Just 10 days ago.
What are you saying exactly, because it seems I don't understand. All the major wait now is just 10 days, except you don't have value for your life.

Do you expect them to disobey federal government order? You want them to be going to office during lock down and offices are closed? You want them to give date may be because you are in Lagos or Abuja when someone from Sokoto can not travel? "You want them to also risk their own lives and later you will say black lives matter"?

How have we showed that black lives matter even in the black countries? The truth is, the day we start showing value for our own lives, other countries will start valuing us. Are more black people not killed in their own countries even by their own government and nothing will happen?

Mind you, am not justifying the act. It doesn't matter what you believe or say about me. What am saying is, "if you say your wedding suit is rag, people will definitely help you to use it to clean the chair at the reception"

Let us be truthful with ourselves, if Gorge was a Nigerian and killed by Nigerian polices, what do you think will happen? Or is that not happening.
Why did you not lead protest against it.

If we continue to look at the surface rather than the root cause, we are going no where.

4realisreal:

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by GentleChief: 2:36am On Jul 11, 2020
When I was small, my father always advised me;

"Son, always resist the temptation to Shalaye."

Most times, too much talk is unnecessary. Most times, its better to close your mouth and look like a rabble rouser than open it and confirm that u are one.

8 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Mrbigman1(m): 4:49am On Jul 11, 2020
olig:
I laugh and laugh.

I don't blame you.

By the time you get there and if you have good mind and good behavior, you will see what am saying. Even you yourself will not want to associate with some blacks. Especially from Nigeria. You will remember this later.

My point is we are the ones that tell or show them who we really are.

Some people's past bad behavior are causing the issue.

Now, for instance they don't allow you to be doing several master again. Some guys have been there for more than 10 years and have never finished a program.
Few years back now they stop that. Is now becoming difficult for a person that genuinely want to do 2 or 3 masters.

I strongly pray you are successful. You will soon see what am talking about. That is if you yourself are "upright". You will hear of some opportunities the past students have closed against you.

Am sure you will still blame the Germans for it.

What am saying is not about being inferior, you are not just being objective enough in your reasoning and discussion.

What am saying is that, there are certain people in Nigeria today that you yourself will not want to consider in some instamces based on some reasons, or what they have done before, will it be nice to put the blame on you?

Of course asking questions is not a sin. But what am saying is be reasonable in questions you ask.

Am sure some of these will be asked during some of the interview, and you will tell them that you would have just be interviewing everyone from every country and giving visa.
Am sure they will clap for you.

Mind you most of their questions are not pure academics. Some are denied visa due to over desperation and they feel he will mever come back.

Am sure you will still take to tweeter and ask they why did dry give 2:2 visa and deny 2:1 or First Class.

Am a foolish man, I don't need to be told. But am sure one day you will remember some of what am saying.

Do you know that some supervisors at higher level dig as far a your social media before they accept you?

Do things gently and sensibly.

My own little advice again is, tweet at ministry of interior and that of foreign affairs. They should give exemption to the restrictions and everything will be fine.
Am very sure all embassy are communicating with them and they will only resume visa process when they thing is visible.

Tell me which embassy in Nigeria is currently giving visa or undertaking visa procedures. Why do you feel Germany is the worst.

Oga stop this Rubbish osiso.
I read where you said when they come here they wouldn’t want to associate themselves with Nigerians. Na una type dey spoil innocent minds.

During my time in visa waiting, embassy Stoped issuing interview date by August against Schools like TUM who gets late admission say middle July. We all went haywire and everyone sent mails massively to the German embassy and even Twitted Bukola saraki who responded to some Twitts. Few weeks later, thee german embassy started issuing date for late November and visas in December.

I am still worried that you guys have not fired weapons on why they are asking only first class to be in class A and most likely the only ones getting invited for interviews.

Don’t limit anyone brother.

And as for your expired permit, germany granted everyone with expired documents till September. Ask someone to check ur mail box, the Ausländerbehörde Must have sent u a Fiktionbescheinigung, use it and fly from cotonu or Togo. By the way, there was a chartered flight for german student two weeks ago, why u no follow ?

6 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Dj2019: 6:48am On Jul 11, 2020
Please house, I need help from anyone who know how I can get Police Character cert in Akure without paying exhorbitantly. It is urgent please
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 7:06am On Jul 11, 2020
Stiflersammy:

You guys have not engaged on the post so that they will know our plights, Nigeria embassy in Berlin is not having much followers so they can easily notice the post, if you can comment on mine maybe you should post yours too then, so they can know we are really not happy with what's going on, maybe they can have answers or they can talk to Germany embassy in Nigeria on our behalf.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by abdquadr: 7:29am On Jul 11, 2020
You really made a lot of sense bro. But he said “you will not want to associate yourself with some blacks, especially Nigerians”
So where is the lie?
Here in abroad, you must choose your friends wisely and carefully or you get yourself into trouble.

As for the tweets, we can’t stop anybody from tweeting, they are just tired of waiting. But if you have to tweet, just tweet very reasonably because it could either make things very better or very worse.

Bless!!!

I read where you said when they come here they wouldn’t want to associate themselves with Nigerians. Na una type dey spoil innocent minds.

During my time in visa waiting, embassy Stoped issuing interview date by August against Schools like TUM who gets late admission say middle July. We all went haywire and everyone sent mails massively to the German embassy and even Twitted Bukola saraki who responded to some Twitts. Few weeks later, thee german embassy started issuing date for late November and visas in December.

I am still worried that you guys have not fired weapons on why they are asking only first class to be in class A and most likely the only ones getting invited for interviews.

And as for your expired permit, germany granted everyone with expired documents till September. Ask someone to check ur mail box, the Ausländerbehörde Must have sent u a Fiktionbescheinigung, use it and fly from cotonu or Togo. By the way, there was a chartered flight for german student two weeks ago, why u no follow ? [/quote]
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OtunbaBlack(m): 8:00am On Jul 11, 2020
olig:
It is very important that I comment on this again.
Am not dragging anything with you. Just further explanation.

Did I say one should wait for ever on this issue? And have they denied you your opportunity yet?

I don't even understand the point you guys are making. Nigerian government formerly lifted restrictions on July 1st for God's sake. Just 10 days ago.
What are you saying exactly, because it seems I don't understand. All the major wait now is just 10 days, except you don't have value for your life.

Do you expect them to disobey federal government order? You want them to be going to office during lock down and offices are closed? You want them to give date may be because you are in Lagos or Abuja when someone from Sokoto can not travel? "You want them to also risk their own lives and later you will say black lives matter"?

How have we showed that black lives matter even in the black countries? The truth is, the day we start showing value for our own lives, other countries will start valuing us. Are more black people not killed in their own countries even by their own government and nothing will happen?

Mind you, am not justifying the act. It doesn't matter what you believe or say about me. What am saying is, "if you say your wedding suit is rag, people will definitely help you to use it to clean the chair at the reception"

Let us be truthful with ourselves, if Gorge was a Nigerian and killed by Nigerian polices, what do you think will happen? Or is that not happening.
Why did you not lead protest against it.

If we continue to look at the surface rather than the root cause, we are going no where.

Good day,

You have spoken your mind which is very good as there’s always right to speak but I think it’s best you don’t respond on the matter any longer. You should stop trying to convince people to see from your point of view. If you look at the thread (176-177) you are the one that have the most post making it difficult for us to see the information we really need.

Please if you are not partaking in the protest the other folks here intend to carry out there’s no reason to be at loggerhead with them. You can watch from a distance so you don’t derail the thread. Please

Thank you

6 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by evergreen9: 8:48am On Jul 11, 2020
I never wanted to comment on this but I said what the hell, maybe I should. See ehn, i have been on this German matter since december 2018. I no be new comer for here, so pay attention and read with a sense of rationality!

Your anger and grievance is totally misplaced!!

Guys, channel your anger to the clueless aboki man that was appointed as the ambassador to Germany based on nepotism, focus your anger on the Nigerian embassy in Germany, focus on Abike dabiri and Onyema both of whom work in the foreign affairs division of the Nigerian government. I could mention 100 people whom you guys should blame FIRST before blaming the Germans.

The Nigerian government is at an all time low! Our diplomatic representation has never been this bad. The Germans are only playing by the rules. Trump was racist when he banned ALL African countries, we can't say the Germans are racist when I know people in Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana , Angola who have all done their own interview at the German embassy.

Don't let anyone deceive you. The fault lies in the hands of our inept government and our representatives in the various foreign ministries we have in Nigeria. As students we can all go down to these ministries to protest, get some legal practitioner to draft and sign a petition against our embassy in Germany, our foreign ministry and our travel ministry also.

We can't start calling the Germans out when our own house is not in order.

How can the Germans be racist and still give Ghanaians and Ethiopians interview and visa? Selective racism? Lol, black is black my brethrens.

U are in Nigeria Protesting, Insulting and making the Germans look bad on the internet, saying that Germany should let you in, the Germans are very practical, they would say if they react like this now, imagine what they would do when they arrive Germany?

Guys smarten up! This f0rk up na Naija government cos am! We have stupid people claiming to represent Nigeria on the international stage, people with little or no diplomatic experience!

I am out!

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by olig(m): 8:49am On Jul 11, 2020
Am aware of that.
But stop saying what you know little or nothing about.

Family reunion is different. It takes longer time to process. Check the website of the embassy.
A colleague of mine did the interview with is wife in December 2018 before he travel. The visa for his wife was only issued in December 2019. And many more that I personally know are more than a year to issue their visa.

Before you start making family reunion your competitors again, do you know when they have booked for the appointment? Definitely over 10 months before they can even get a date. They still need to verify their certificate, which they will pay for (about 250k or more), which takes several months.

Always get your facts right please.

Thank you.

Stiflersammy:
Let me add to something you people have said.

We are all here when they posted a screenshot of a family unification, didn't they remember that international airport have not resumed in Nigeria, so you see what they are doing?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by olig(m): 9:12am On Jul 11, 2020
Thank you bro. At least you made some points.

I am well aware of everything you said.

I am only telling you what I have seen and what I know. Am I not a Nigerian? Why would I like to spoil Nigerians for no reasons. Just ask how some things was before and why they changed it. I have seen a lot of them that you can't even be bold to say his your friend. Am not saying there are no good ones. I know some very good people also. But is it Nigerian that scarm Nigerian you want to be associated with? Or the one that can go any length, even if it's crime or fraud. I know what am saying, I know some of them and I know some of the victims. Some are even still paying their debt.

Some some supervisors at research level simply prefer north Africans, South Africa or Ghana. Ghana is probably more black than Nigeria, so don't tell me it's colour issue.

About the fiction certificate, read all I have said please. Does it look like am not aware of that.
Am aware of possibility of traveling from Benin also. Read my posts well.

Actualy not here to really here to talk about myself, if not the situation warrants it.

Of course, is free to tweet at anything. Be be mindful of what you tweet.

But pleas, let me ask you again, you really also believe the long wait is the fault of the embassy? Lagos for instance was on lock down from March till end of June, what exactly do you suggest they do during this period?

Or you think is only students that are affected by the wrong approach of our own government? Sorry to say that. Am not a politician, before you take it to another level.
But the truth is that when we are supposed to lock down, we did not, and when we did it too long when we did.

abdquadr:
You really made a lot of sense bro. But he said “you will not want to associate yourself with some blacks, especially Nigerians”
So where is the lie?
Here in abroad, you must choose your friends wisely and carefully or you get yourself into trouble.

As for the tweets, we can’t stop anybody from tweeting, they are just tired of waiting. But if you have to tweet, just tweet very reasonably because it could either make things very better or very worse.

Bless!!!

And as for your expired permit, germany granted everyone with expired documents till September. Ask someone to check ur mail box, the Ausländerbehörde Must have sent u a Fiktionbescheinigung, use it and fly from cotonu or Togo. By the way, there was a chartered flight for german student two weeks ago, why u no follow ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (740) (Reply)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.