Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1113976 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (710) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by cmark11: 7:11pm On Sep 03, 2020
Please Help Out

I'm applying for DAAD EPOS and I'm not clear on how many Motivation Letters I'm to submit to the school I'm applying through.

The school requires a motivation letter for admission as well as the DAAD.

Please anyone here applying/applied? Please help out.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Crownxballer: 7:14pm On Sep 03, 2020
Hello guys,

I received a letter of admission to study toxicology in Potsdam university and I was asked to send a letter of acceptance which I have done but it has not been acknowledged. The deadline for the submission of the letter is on the 7th of this month. Should I be worried about the non-acknowledgement? Your prompt response will be highly appreciated as I'm getting worried.

Also, if you also got an admission in the school, I'd like to link up with you.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by starboychan: 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2020
How did you send the letter of acceptance?
Is it by post?

Best thing is to write your course coordinator

Crownxballer:
Hello guys,

I received a letter of admission to study toxicology in Potsdam university and I was asked to send a letter of acceptance which I have done but it has not been acknowledged. The deadline for the submission of the letter is on the 7th of this month. Should I be worried about the non-acknowledgement? Your prompt response will be highly appreciated as I'm getting worried.

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ChibuGP: 7:48pm On Sep 03, 2020
Thanks bro
dennison4luv:

You dont need health insurance for visa interview. What the embassy will ask you to provide is your travelling insurance and that one is after your interview, when the they have approved your visa, they will ask you to send your travelling insurance and international passport
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fatalveli(m): 8:39pm On Sep 03, 2020
Crownxballer:
Hello guys,

Also got admission in Potsdam.

I wasn’t asked to sign any letter of acceptance.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Crownxballer: 8:45pm On Sep 03, 2020
All right. Thank you. May I know your course please?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by oluniyiade: 8:52pm On Sep 03, 2020
biglord:

I am assuming you are referring to the Bachelor in Mgt & Technology (but if its the Master, see the last link below. A lot below does apply though)
First, congratulations on getting through the first stage. Here is my 2cents, hoping that you have not had the interview already.

Purpose of the Interview:
To check that you are able to complete the course at TUM. Also to check your fluency in discussing current economic affairs. That is being able to use terms in the area of management and technology.

How the Interview is Structured:
You will be graded in 3 areas: a. current economic affairs(3/5), b. natural sciences like math and computer science(based on your specialization but you don't need to know stuff that is contained in the course)(1/5), c. I don't remember the last part now but it accounts for the remaining 1/5.

So you can see that most of the grade will rest on your being able to discuss current affairs and their economic impact(think covid-19, US-China trade war, Wirecard scandal, etc)

How to Approach the interview:
1. Know your ML very well.
2. Prepare for current economic affairs, best source will be the wi.tum.de website's news section. The professors and faculty have published a ton that you can read for this. The trick here is to be able to talk about these issues with respect to their impact on the economy, management and so on. For example, stating that the country X economy contracted by 10.1% due to covid will be better than .. 'Covid has really impacted Country X'
3. Prepare for questions in the area of your specialization and know specific courses in this area that are in the program. Here also, the questions will depend on the professor, e.g a math professor may be math heavy, the CS professor, CS heavy... you get the idea.

My advice would be to read about current topics in the news and know how they affect the economy or different sectors of the economy.

Depending on the professor, you could also lead the conversation. This means that you might be able to freely choose a topic you want to talk about and then questions will be asked based on that.

The truth is that a professor may just follow your lead right from your introduction and ask questions based on what you said at the beginning. So it is important that you conduct your conversation wisely. Do not start talking about things you do not know enough about. Because there will be follow-up questions to every answer. Like in every interview you have the opportunity to lead its direction.

And finally: Don't be late, don't be afraid, show that you are excited to study this course at TUM(your excitement and interest is taking into account too). So try to smile.

Some links (translate as needed):
https://www.studis-online.de/Fragen-Brett/read.php?71,2193579
https://www.wi.tum.de/news-events/
https://www.studis-online.de/Fragen-Brett/read.php?71,2351077

thanks, i really appreciate this....kindly check your pm pls..thanks

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Masei25: 9:31pm On Sep 03, 2020
OSO1993:

Good morning everyone, pls i applied for my visa appointment since may 2020 and have not received an invitation. my school resumption date is October 27th, pls how do i go about it

Same here, I even got a mail that I would be contacted within 4-6 weeks. But I haven’t heard anything yet

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Masei25: 9:33pm On Sep 03, 2020
Crownxballer:
Hello guys,

You can put a phone call through to admission office, I’m sure they have acknowledged it.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Masei25: 9:36pm On Sep 03, 2020
Hello guys.

I have applied for visa appointment since July, but I am yet to get any response.

Does anyone know if the German embassy has started interview yet?

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 9:54pm On Sep 03, 2020
Have anyone heard from University of Potsdam for Data Science course?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 03, 2020
oluniyiade:
thanks, i really appreciate this....kindly check your pm pls..thanks
hi, you can ask your questions if you don't mind.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Masei25: 10:04pm On Sep 03, 2020
Revman:
Hi guys, please I will be going to OTH Amberg-Weiden for my second degree (International Business). I have finished my online enrollment and the school just sent me a letter of presence stating that some of my courses will be in person. I have opened my blocked account with expatrio though still unfunded, got my statutory insurance exemption letter from TK and done my health insurance with Dr. Walter. I have also booked appointment with the consulate...pls what's the next step? I would appreciate it if someone can guide me properly.

Also is anyone going to my school with me? Or at least a school in Bavaria somehow close to mine. I would appreciate if we can rub minds together.

Please how did you get your health insurance?
I have also booked an appointment, but I’m yet to get a response
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Masei25: 10:06pm On Sep 03, 2020
29Ade07:
Hello hopefuls,
Can somebody please tell me where and how to get a certified copy of a document? I am being requested to produce that by a German university.
Thanks

You can do that at any high court
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Masei25: 10:45pm On Sep 03, 2020
Hello house, please is anyone going to Frankfurt, Hesse?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Masei25: 11:19pm On Sep 03, 2020
litem234:
I got this message

Please when did you apply for the appointment, and how did you apply?

I await your response.
Thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by oluwasojikenny: 11:28pm On Sep 03, 2020
Crownxballer:
Hello guys,

i also got AM in same school to study toxicology. i also send a letter of acceptance through DHL it has been delivered but yet to be acknowledge. i received my AL on Aug 24. i think they will reply after the deadline
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by oluwasojikenny: 12:25am On Sep 04, 2020
Tundelex:
Hello my Naira land people, please must someone be residing at Abuja before they can book for an appointment date instead of applying to Lagos? ........ . Can't someone input a friend's residence address, on the Visa application form, then back it up with Letter of presence required by Embassy/ Consulate ?

Is there anyone that has experienced or followed through this process??.

Thanks
please which one is letter of presence
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by oluwasojikenny: 12:37am On Sep 04, 2020
"German Consulate General in Lagos: Appointments for the certification of a signature for the opening of a blocked account and the certification of copies for university applications can be booked online. Please click here to be forwarded to the appointment booking system"

hello house, please i need clarification on the opening of a blocked account as regard to certification of a signature
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Incognit0: 2:34am On Sep 04, 2020
Is anyone still waiting forAL from CAU Kiel?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Cande75: 3:48am On Sep 04, 2020
oluwasojikenny:
"German Consulate General in Lagos: Appointments for the certification of a signature for the opening of a blocked account and the certification of copies for university applications can be booked online. Please click here to be forwarded to the appointment booking system"

hello house, please i need clarification on the opening of a blocked account as regard to certification of a signature
Certification of a signature for BA? What does that mean?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Crownxballer: 5:19am On Sep 04, 2020
starboychan:
How did you send the letter of acceptance?
Is it by post?

Best thing is to write your course coordinator

I sent it through email. I sent to the email available on the admission letter, I also sent it to the email that sent the admission letter and I copied the course coordinator because he was also copied on the admission letter.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kekeiyke(m): 6:45am On Sep 04, 2020
Cande75:

Certification of a signature for BA? What does that mean?

It's for those who want to open BA with Deutsche Bank. That's one of their requirements. You'll also need to certify ur bank statement, Intl passport before opening BA with them.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Mizfabulous18(f): 8:40am On Sep 04, 2020
If there is anyone who wants to send documents to uni assist please send me a message let split the cost
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Philamags(m): 8:59am On Sep 04, 2020
Hello friend's!

I was wondering if there is any information regarding AD? I also received letter of Appearance /Presence from my uni., Any one with good idea on how to send it to the embassy?

Thanks!
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by theochael(m): 9:08am On Sep 04, 2020
Kekeiyke:

Go to TK's website, chat with their online consultant, you'll be sent a link where you would download the application form and an email to send the form when completed. Make sure you have your private insurance confirmation. Also the form is in German, get ready to translate and fill. All the best.

Good morning sir,

Thank you.
God bless you, Amen.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by fatsonm: 9:32am On Sep 04, 2020
Godtemi:

Wisdom, someone gave me this same advice years back, I kept on saying miracle will happen, fasted for days, traveled to mountains for prayer, my last rejection was same day I was coming back from mountain.

To recapitulate my point. This year I had to put in other EU country, omo come see how admission dey come like rain. Even without Block account, just prove that I have something in my account or a relative.

I even got scholarship from a best university which beat the Germany university I want to kill myself on in world ranking.

The wisdom is, once you enter any EU country, you can do study transfer to Germany or even Canada,
Secondly, if you apply to Germany with any EU certificate, both the university and VO will surely consider you want than Yeye Nigeria certificate.
This is the fact.

Don't be too prayerful and forget reality or to apply wisdom. Time wait for no 1. Starting from small EU country is better than waiting for Germany for your year's and nothing happened.

Remember, before you say God, I even took flight to Abuja to fast and pray in a well known church for days.

But this other EU country, my prayer was just some minutes in my room with no fasting.
And boom, admission came, no Block account, no visa interview, scholarship that I don't worth ( which university will give HND scholarship)

So this our brother is giving a good advice
Am talking from experience.

Bible says, watch and pray
Mean: pray and apply wisdom

Danke

Pls check your mail.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 10:25am On Sep 04, 2020
I received an early INFORMAL email from the department i applied to, International Masters in Environmental Science, University of Cologne. However, I am resident in Dubai. I have these questions to ask:
1. What documents are required by the German Embassy?
2. I only have my original documents, DO I NEED CERTIFIED OR ATTESTED DOCUMENTS SINCE I WILL BE PRESENTING THE ORIGINALS AT THE INTERVIEW
3. Which health insurance is best regarding price?

bobbybiggs:

If it is not stated that the said document should be certified/authenticated at the German Embassy then it suffices to use a high court for certification purposes.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by fuffy1994: 11:28am On Sep 04, 2020
If you are applying to daad with three schools,
firstly you will complete each school application which must comprise of each motivation letter. E.g. school a (complete document + motivation letter) school b ( complete document + its motivation letter. School c ( complete document +its motivation)
But you are filling the same daad form for the three documents, it means you fill the daad form in three places since you are sending the documents to each school and not daad.
Is the school that will later nominate you for scholarship to daad.

That is why you must ensure you meet each school requirements first in other for them to nominate you to daad.

I hope I answered your question correctly.

cmark11:
Please Help Out

I'm applying for DAAD EPOS and I'm not clear on how many Motivation Letters I'm to submit to the school I'm applying through.

The school requires a motivation letter for admission as well as the DAAD.

Please anyone here applying/applied? Please help out.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Thermodynamics(m): 2:06pm On Sep 04, 2020
Hello, someone should please suggest a Free tuition school in Germany that offers Masters taught program in Mechanical Engineering, and also have a room for internship during the masters program.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Thermodynamics(m): 2:14pm On Sep 04, 2020
For those in Germany what kind of engineering skill can I learn that is in high demand Germany?
I mean vocational skills like
Mechanic, Welding and all that.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dennison4luv: 2:33pm On Sep 04, 2020
MrAAA2:
I received an early INFORMAL email from the department i applied to, International Masters in Environmental Science, University of Cologne. However, I am resident in Dubai. I have these questions to ask:
1. What documents are required by the German Embassy?
2. I only have my original documents, DO I NEED CERTIFIED OR ATTESTED DOCUMENTS SINCE I WILL BE PRESENTING THE ORIGINALS AT THE INTERVIEW
3. Which health insurance is best regarding price?

If the have given you admission and you have your emirate card and BA or SL, please dont come to Nigeria, do your interview there is much better.
Check this link for the documents required for interview
https://uae.diplo.de/blob/2369362/09f8c9fdd6b858a58b2d1cd7ff102ddd/student-juni-2020-data.pdf

And check this one for booking of appointment
https://uae.diplo.de/ae-en/vertretungen/generalkonsulat1

You don't need to attest or certify your documents for interview. You only need one Original copy and 2 photocopies of each document you are taking to embassy. The link above will give you more information.

For health insurance MAWISTA or care concept is okay... but you dont need health insurance for visa interview or do you want to do your enrollment??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (710) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.