Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,126 members, 7,829,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1121479 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (711) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Precious320(m): 7:44am On Sep 05, 2020
Sent you a pm
uchezdedon:

April
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by djlaqua91(m): 8:09am On Sep 05, 2020
Hello guys,

What's the contact e-mail address for Berlins foreigners office? Danke.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Thermodynamics(m): 8:41am On Sep 05, 2020
Hello, someone should please suggest a Free tuition school in Germany that offers Masters taught program in Mechanical Engineering, and also have a room for internship during the masters program.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Thermodynamics(m): 8:42am On Sep 05, 2020
For those in Germany what kind of engineering skill can I learn that is in high demand Germany?
I mean vocational skills like
Mechanic, Welding and all that.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by micklovasta: 8:58am On Sep 05, 2020
Hannania:
Hard luck, was it an English language course or German taught? Because most of TUM jucy offers demands B2 German language.

And also, are you an engineering applicant?

1- English taught

2- TUM School of Management - Management and Technology in Munich

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dennison4luv: 9:21am On Sep 05, 2020
Use daad.com to search and get what you want.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dennison4luv: 9:43am On Sep 05, 2020
doublegezzy:
Hello guys, Please who has processed a german student visa before. I have some questions to ask regarding the process.

Please when you get your Admission letter, (1)do you email the embassy? Or just apply on the website? (2) when do you open your blocked account before or after getting your appointment date? (3) when do you fund the blocked account and how do you get your money back if the visa was not issued? (4) is the health insurance included in the blocked fund? (5) Are there specific documents that you will need to certify either in the embassy or ministry of education before the interview appointment date? Please i need help Asap because I got admission in Saarland University (Msc High Performance Sport) and the resumption date is November 2nd. Thank you in anticipation

Answers to your questions
you dont email it to the embassy, you will take it and other documents to the embassy the day of your interview. Try and check the embassy website for the documents you are to submit on the day of your interview.

You can open your account any time, but try open it as you book appointment for interview

Please don't fund your account without getting AD or appointment date. Its always good to fund account after getting appointment date. You can get your money if the embassy turn down your Visa.

Some of the block account package comes with health insurance, while some dont come with health insurance. I will advise you to go and get your health insurance from insurance company incase you want to do your enrollment from Nigeria, because you don't know when embassy will give you a date for interview.

You don't need to certify any documents you are taking to embassy for interview.

Congratulations for the admission letter and welcome to the group of those that are waiting AD. Join the cue

8 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dennison4luv: 9:47am On Sep 05, 2020
Thermodynamics:
Hello, someone should please suggest a Free tuition school in Germany that offers Masters taught program in Mechanical Engineering, and also have a room for internship during the masters program.

Use daad.com to search and get what you want.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by oluniyiade: 10:16am On Sep 05, 2020
micklovasta:

I also had an interview with TUM, it went well but unfortunately I was rejected.

I answered all their questions correctly but I was reserved and didn't expatiate

Talk a lot during the Interview, lace your talk with hard facts, be expressive and explain your points, smile, talk loud. Don't be late to the zoom Interview! A guy was denied an interview because he was late.

I appreciate this...thanks so much!!
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by iykelight: 10:21am On Sep 05, 2020
Craaaa:

No I didn't. Just registered and was successful after registration and they sent me all necessary attached docs to my email.
please which health insurance firm is that? I want to register with them
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by awoscop: 11:52am On Sep 05, 2020
i have admission already withRWTH Aachen got there letter of presence and done with my enrolment online awaiting AD applied since May yet to get an AD

Hannania:
Hello house, I don't see people applying to TUM, RWTH Aachen,LUM and the likes of those categories. Are we settling for less or probably going the "soft" part.

Or are we reluctant to write the GRE requested by schools like RWTH?

Prospective students like us with a year or two for application need a little bit of ginger. Good evening
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princejck: 2:06pm On Sep 05, 2020
Thermodynamics:
For those in Germany what kind of engineering skill can I learn that is in high demand Germany?
I mean vocational skills like
Mechanic, Welding and all that.

First learn the langauge its the number one skill you need....

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hannania(m): 2:48pm On Sep 05, 2020
awoscop:
i have admission already withRWTH Aachen got there letter of presence and done with my enrolment online awaiting AD applied since May yet to get an AD

wow, congrats. Is your course an engineering one? Most especially ECE. I'll love to know if you wrote GRE, because the faculty of ECE request for it.

Congratulations once gain. That's a top school globally �
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by cmark11: 3:08pm On Sep 05, 2020
fuffy1994:
Focus your ML on the school, because they are the one who will recommend you to daad but include that you are applying for daad scholarship in your course of study. Let every other content of your ML be about your school requirements

Thank you so much.

Please, could you respond to my mail? I'd really love to connect. Please ��
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ErickSam: 3:32pm On Sep 05, 2020
TU Chemnitz (east Germany) just offered me admission, After passing through a rigorous TEST and process.

quick questions to the gurus and most informed persons here

IS THE GERMAN GERMAN EMBASSY IN LAGOS AND ABUJA OPENED?

HAS THE GERMAN GOVERNMENT APPROVED THE INBOUND INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT FROM AFRICAN COUNTRIES (NIGERIA TO BE MORE SPECIFIC)?

your response to my question will be so much appreciated, kindly quote my post or my name while responding.
thanks.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Craaaa: 3:59pm On Sep 05, 2020
iykelight:
please which health insurance firm is that? I want to register with them
Mawista
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by sunfrost(m): 10:44pm On Sep 05, 2020
dennison4luv:

The health insurance is for enrolment
Please I need your assistance as regards this public health insurance.... i went directly to tk’s page online and applied is there any shortfall as to that. Since it’s not an exemption... don’t know ... please help me understand. Thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by sunfrost(m): 10:54pm On Sep 05, 2020
Revman:

That's nice smiley...thanks for replying smiley
I got the exemption letter from the TK guy that I found on my school FAQs section. He sent it to me after I applied for statutory Insurance and he realized that I don't qualify for it.

I will pm you now.
Please help me out with this information. Thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Starrmax1: 11:49pm On Sep 05, 2020
uchezdedon:

April

HI, thanks for the good news
My interview was also canceled, how did she go about her rescheduling please, did she call or anything?
Cos I'm yet to receive a mail as regards my reschedule.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 2:59am On Sep 06, 2020
Hello Fellas,
I am trying to book appointment but emails to vfsglobal which is handling visa application to Germany keeps bringing one auto response of COVID-19 blah blah blah.
I guess the steps are:
1. Fill the application form
2. Book an appointment
3/4. Interview with and Pay 75 Euros at embassy.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 3:02am On Sep 06, 2020
MrAAA2:
Hello Fellas,
I am trying to book appointment but emails to vfsglobal which is handling visa application to Germany keeps bringing one auto response of COVID-19 blah blah blah.
I guess the steps are:
2. Book an appointment

For which country? because Nigeria doesn't use VFSGLOBAL.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Masei25: 7:47am On Sep 06, 2020
Thermodynamics:
Check the Daad website
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Masei25: 7:57am On Sep 06, 2020
Hello Guys,
Please I need your honest advice.

I got admission to Frankfurt University of Applied sciences.

I have booked an appointment but yet to get any response from the embassy, the school has given us a deadline for payment of semester fee which is this month end, if the fee is not paid on or before then the admission would be forfeited.

Please should I go on to pay the semester fee, despite the fact that we are not sure when we will get an appointment date

Or should I just defer the admission till next summer?

Quite confused about this, please I need advice on this.

Thank you guys.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Masei25: 8:01am On Sep 06, 2020
uchezdedon:
Good news!!!!

Congratulations bro.

Please when did you book for the appointment?
I am yet to get a response from the embassy.

I sent you a pm.
Will be glad to get to response.
Thank you.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by yezzyshow: 12:33pm On Sep 06, 2020
Hmm, congratulations. Pls can we link up? Am expecting admission from Aachen too. I need to know y no feedback yet
awoscop:

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Walter987: 1:06pm On Sep 06, 2020
[b][/b]
GeneviveNnadi:
[This important information is for all winter semester applicants and future ones that will be using Verpflichtungserklarung fur studium (sponsorship letter, SL), please read carefully all that is involved using SL and how the embassy operates with it.[b]

Firstly, I want to let you know that using a Verpflichtungserklarung fur studium does not guarantee the issuance of student visa (I don’t care where you will be getting it from whether issued by a family, an acquaintance, or you paid), you stand the same chance as every other applicant using Blocked account. If you are using SL, you can still be rejected on the basis that your sponsor is not capable. The rejection is always in this form from the embassy.

“Your secured subsistence cost is not ensured in germany”
“There are doubts regarding your secured subsistence cost in germany”

Now I know you want to ask me why the office in germany gave your sponsor the letter if he wasn’t capable to sponsor you in the first place. I want you to know that different cities/town in germany have their own criteria in giving out the SL. Let’s take a case like the Auslanderbehorde in Munich, if your sponsor is living in Munich which is the most expensive city in germany, as of September 2018, your sponsor must be earning 1,880 Euro monthly before tax to sponsor 1 person if he is single (and must be earning 2,610 Euro to sponsor 2 people), if he has a kid living with him or married without kid, he must be earning 2,300 Euro monthly before tax to sponsor 1 person (and must be earning 3,040 Euro to sponsor 2 people), if he is married with a kid, he must be earning 2,540 Euro monthly before tax to sponsor 1 person (and must be earning 3,270 Euro to sponsor 2 people), if he is married with 2 kids, he must be earning 2,780 Euro monthly before tax to sponsor 1 person (and must be earning 3,510 Euro to sponsor 2 people). This is the breakdown of how Munich checks your sponsor to see his/her eligibility to sponsor you. So different cities got its own breakdown of how much your sponsor must be earning monthly to sponsor you. Normally, after all monthly tax, bills and have been deducted from his monthly salary, he must have 720 or 730 Euro left, that’s how they do it. You can see it equates to the amount of blocked account (BA) to be dispensed to you monthly if you are using BA.

Now, some cities issues this letter even without your sponsor not being capable or not earning that stipulated amount and that is where you start having issues with the foreigners office of the city you are heading to and definitely with the embassy. A city I know that gives sponsors the SL without the sponsor being capable is Pforzheim, germany. This city dishes out the letters anyhow and most of the letters I have seen that comes from Pforzheim always ended up being rejected by the embassy. Part of the criteria generally in germany in issuing this SL is that your sponsor must hold a Permanent Residence permit or Temporary residence permit or must be a German citizen or EU citizen to sponsor you (This is the only residence titles your sponsor must have to be issued the SL). Now there is what they call fiktionbeschenigung (fiction certificate), this is the permit they give people living in germany that applied for a residence permit and the foreigners office has not yet decided on the residence permit whether to issue the applicant or not, so they give the person a fiktionbeschenigung, this person can work with it pending the time they decide on his/her RP. This person is not allowed to stand as a sponsor which is clearly stated by most cities in germany but Pforzheim can give people with a fiktionbeschenigung (that’s how bad Pforzheim is), now imagine you are applying to another city with this SL signed by a person with a fiktionbeschenigung, that’s auto rejection.

Let me talk about Hannover city, now Hannover has one of the strictest foreigners’ office in germany, and the place is always filled up. If your SL is coming from any city in germany, whether from Munich, Hamburg, and so on, just know that Hannover will write your sponsor through postal mail to send some documents including his/her 3 month payslips to check the creditworthiness of the SL, Hannover will now make their own calculations to see if your sponsor is really capable (they always do this because they know some cities are not strict with the letter and due to fluctuating credit-rating of different cities), after making their own calculations and they see your sponsor does not meet up their criteria, then sorry is your case, even if your sponsor is a white German or White EU citizen, they will write him, and if your sponsor doesn’t get the letter Hannover sent him asking for his docs, that’s not their problem, and they wont write another one, so your sponsor must have a working mail box. You might want to ask how they will know your sponsor’s address, your sponsors address will be asked when filling the SL. So I advise you all, please if your letter is coming from another city and you are going to Hannover, don’t try it, you will be disappointed, the best is for your SL to come from Hannover if you are heading to hannover, you wont even have issues, that’s auto acceptance. Hannover is the only city I know that writes sponsors to send documents and this is how to verify SL issued from other cities.

Furthermore, there is a particular number of people a person can sponsor (I don’t the exact number) but let me give you a real life case that happened summer 2018 and winter 2018. There is this German-Nigerian man in germany, he own a company so he is earning so much money to even sponsor 40 students, in summer 2018, he sponsored about 7 people and they made it to germany. In winter 2018, he gave about 11 people SL again, and embassy rejected all of the 11 people. Why? Because there is a rule of how many people you can sponsor. Why did they give him in the office in germany since he was already sponsoring 7 people? The answer is he went to another city to get the SL. Yes, your sponsor can leave his residence city and go to another city to get the SL.

If your sponsor is living in Berlin, Berlin has 2 offices where this SL is issued from, there is one for long term (student, family reunioun and so on) and there is office for short term (visiting, tourism and so on.)
Also, the embassy are not the ones that verifies SL, embassy send your SL to the city you are heading to in germany and the city does the verification, now the embassy can still decide whether to give you the visa or not, meaning even if your foreigners office in germany approves your visa, embassy can still reject you for different reasons. They might say “they doubt your indicated purpose of trip” they have their own convictions are you cant sue or fight them.

I hope I have stated all what prospective applicant that wants to use SL needs to know. And please and please, don’t pay anybody you don’t know personally for SL, I read part 4 of this thread where a guy was scammed 400k, a lot of scammers in town now cause they know people are desperate to leave Nigeria, and there are scammers in germany too, if you get scammed, you get scammed for life, you cant hold anybody, and even if you got the SL and the embassy rejects you based on any reason, then the money you paid is gone.
This is my 2 cents. BE WISE and BE SHARP!!!! [/b]A lot of people are crying in one corner now for this.[b]
I read a post some pages back where one Guy was saying he has 2 million naira and he can’t raise the remaining 1.6 million for the blocked account. Dude if you are reading this, you better hustle for that complete money. I have a friend that had to stay back for a year in Nigeria to get the complete blocked account money and now he is in DE.

NB: SL can be handwritten (filled with pen) or typed-written. SL from Munich is always handwritten except for the official remark, date of entry, employer of your sponsor, and date of issuance of the SL, all these I mentioned are always typed. To get a sample of SL and how it looks like, type “Verpflichtungserklarung” on google, facebook or Instagram, you will see samples.
And please when you get your SL, before the sponsor sends the original by post mail, always request for the softcopy and check that your details (Full name, passport number, date of birth, purpose of stay in germany) is correct.

copied
My relative in Germany went for the sponsorship letter sometime around July and said they were not giving it out please how true is this?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SOLARPOWER1(f): 1:24pm On Sep 06, 2020
MrAAA2:
Hello Fellas,
I guess the steps are:
2. Book an appointment

Are you in India?... This vfsglobal is for people applying from India

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by FreeMejoor1(m): 1:24pm On Sep 06, 2020
Can someone help me with germany admission process for a undergraduate degree program..am new here..
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by sokoto: 1:42pm On Sep 06, 2020
Pls is the sponsorship letter a guarantee for visa?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 06, 2020
sunfrost:

Please help me out with this information. Thanks
Sent you pm
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by fancyto(m): 3:07pm On Sep 06, 2020
sokoto:
Pls is the sponsorship letter a guarantee for visa?
Don't think so

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 06, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (711) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: Geesab, nikdam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.