Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,140 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1111622 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Martinogie9: 4:11pm On Sep 07, 2020
Wow so does it mean no body in CAT B got appointment last year?
Coldie:
When i told sm ppl reality last year, coz i started applying for ad since june under cat A, til october i couldnt get a date, so i tried using scholarship, i got ad in less than a week.

I gave the solution to the ad problem but nigerians came after me. I had to use the term nigerian coz of the kind of people who came after me, coz obviously their thinking was very ridiculous.

We have an ad problem, fix it no. Lets come out wit how to fix it no, ok this is my submission what do u think. Them brand me devil even report me join lol. They hv dz do nothing and rely on faith. One year later we still have same problem
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Coldie(m): 4:14pm On Sep 07, 2020
Martinogie9:
Wow so does it mean no body in CAT B got appointment last year?
As at from July down I am very sure nobody from both category A or B got AD people under cat A that got were scholarship people
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nania: 4:19pm On Sep 07, 2020
Thank God I had finally got an appointment for 14/09/2020 for certification of my documents. Uni Bremen had insisted on only The German Consulate for certification of documents. If you are heading to Uni Bremen log in now and book your appointment before they get filled up again. I d been on it for weeks and couldn't get appointment. I will also seize the opportunity to ask questions when I get their on Monday as regards AD. Best of luck guys

Afeez234:
Good Morning everyone, it's a new week now. Let's all try to reach out to the consulate possibly via phone cause international flights are on now, what other excuses do they have...... Dates are like peanuts for Cat A in Ghana where people get to select there preferred time.... Let's all try to reach out to them.....
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2020
SOLARPOWER1:

Stop sending emails.. Call them or work straight to their office.

Well, I would do that but helpline is not working. But I got response from one of the emails this morning stating that due to restrictions on COVID-19, only exempted categories of visa application would be entertained of which student visa is among.

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nania: 4:28pm On Sep 07, 2020
Exactly what they are not doing... Where is the link to share/ upload these documents to them.

MrAAA2:

Well, I would do that but helpline is not working. But I got response from one of the emails this morning stating that due to restrictions on COVID-19, only exempted categories of visa application would be entertained of which student visa is among.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fatalveli(m): 4:38pm On Sep 07, 2020
Nania:
Thank God I had finally got an appointment for 14/09/2020 for certification of my documents. Uni Bremen had insisted on only The German Consulate for certification of documents. If you are heading to Uni Bremen log in now and book your appointment before they get filled up again. I d been on it for weeks and couldn't get appointment. I will also seize the opportunity to ask questions when I get their on Monday as regards AD. Best of luck guys

Did you pay the compulsory semester fee before enrollment?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Afeez234: 4:50pm On Sep 07, 2020
Nania:

Thanks bro, please do ask them what's going on?
They should let us all know if it's just scholarship recipients they are giving dates cause this is really depressing....
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nania: 5:21pm On Sep 07, 2020
Of course you had to. It's way past the deadline was 15/07/2020.

Fatalveli:
Did you pay the compulsory semester fee before enrollment?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fatalveli(m): 5:25pm On Sep 07, 2020
Nania:
Of course you had to. It's way past the deadline was 15/07/2020.

Mine is 09/09

Fortunately I have AL from another school, so I’ll pass
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by eddya: 5:28pm On Sep 07, 2020
[quote author=Afeez234 post=93674375]
OK, so what do you propojse now?
I think it's time to act and put up something [/quoted

Pls enlighten us on what is the way forward.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by yr2020: 5:31pm On Sep 07, 2020
Please I need a sincere response. Thanks

yr2020:
Please using the block account option. How much will be needed in the account for myself, husband and two kids.

Response will be appreciated
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nania: 5:43pm On Sep 07, 2020
Ok

Fatalveli:
Mine is 09/09

Fortunately I have AL from another school, so I’ll pass
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Peejayolapeju15(f): 5:45pm On Sep 07, 2020
Hello everyone please I need ur assistance, I studied industrial relations and personnel management for my bsc and I want to go for masters in Germany, please I need to know the courses that are related to my course of study for masters and which school can I apply to,I tried checking but I can’t find my course on their list, I need advise on any course that is related to industrial relations and personnel management. Thank you.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Masei25: 7:45pm On Sep 07, 2020
Coldie:

As far as it's not a scholarship u can always get another admission. Even if u want to pay out of risk of loosing your admission read about the schools refund policy and deferment of admission policy.

To me though don't pay, I don't know about now but last year when I tried Germany only people who got AD were scholarship people. I have read through most of these post apart from some random people telling u they know of someone nobody here had talked about getting an AD, maybe nothing has changed

Kallyyally read up

Thank you for the response bro.
I appreciate
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Masei25: 7:48pm On Sep 07, 2020
kallyyally:
I'm in the same position as you. Please, who has a helpful response to this?

Hello,

Read through the post, someone dropped a helpful response.

I think it’s better to defer it, because paying for semester fee doesn’t guarantee AD
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Coldie(m): 7:56pm On Sep 07, 2020
Masei25:

Thank you for the response bro.
I appreciate
Don't pay any money, even if u decide to apply faith make sure u read up the schools refund policy.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by clintonsparkz(m): 8:08pm On Sep 07, 2020
Coldie:

Don't pay any money, even if u decide to apply faith make sure u read up the schools refund policy.

Since last year July till now I am not sure anybody under category B or A without scholarship has gotten AD, am sure of this cause even after I gave up on Germany I tried to study the system I see if I could know how I could find a loophole, I applied for category A just to test and measure, after a while like that covid19 period all applications we're cancelled, everyone received mail of cancellation of all AD cause of covid19.

Sinc they resumed nothing has still changed, cause u will think that since all AD was cancelled from their system and their system flushed all entries will be new and their would be space. Yet nothing.

What does this tell u, it tells u that theirs probably an invisible policy or a shadow ban to restrict Nigerian student entry into Germany for the time being.

Proof of this is that the booking system hasn't changed, before now u book and choose an AD, but now u can't choose an AD. Despite the fact that it's that style they use in other countries. It's only in Nigeria that u would book AD then start waiting.

All in all no pay any money, even if there's a refund policy it would involce
Say what you are sure of bro, some category A got date, dipotol is in nairaland here, he had AD and he was in category A, he got date for may or so. it was cancelled because of the pandemic.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Coldie(m): 8:35pm On Sep 07, 2020
clintonsparkz:
Say what you are sure of bro, some category A got date, dipotol is in nairaland here, he had AD and he was in category A, he got date for may or so. it was cancelled because of the pandemic.
As much as I don't want to spoil anybodys testimony I just read through dipotols post.

That he booked for appointment and in less than 2 days got a date for next month lol read up my post this is me experiencing sth similar the difference is that I clicked scholarship...
Coldie:
When i told sm ppl reality last year, coz i started applying for ad since june under cat A, til october i couldnt get a date, so i tried using scholarship, i got ad in less than a week.

There's a high chance that maybe out of desperation he picked scholarship or maybe according to him his faith worked for him. We never can tell as he didn't finally go for the interview
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dipotol: 8:53pm On Sep 07, 2020
There's a high chance that maybe out of desperation he picked scholarship or maybe according to him his faith worked for him. We never can tell as he didn't finally go for the interview
[/quote]

Well, I didn't pick scholarship and my AD didn't signify anything of such. I know of someone else that got AD and wasn't a scholarship holder.

Thank you Clinton

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by micklovasta: 8:57pm On Sep 07, 2020
Coldie:

Y would u say this?

Semester contribution is a small financial risk. If you don't get student visa to go to Germany, you can always ask for a refund.

If you don't get a refund, it's better than regretting when people on here begin to get AD and AM.

People take far dangerous and costly risk crossing the Mediterranean.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Coldie(m): 9:03pm On Sep 07, 2020
micklovasta:

Semester contribution is a small financial risk. If you don't student visa to go to Germany you can always ask for a refund.

If you don't get a refund consider it far better than not taking the risk to come to study in the biggest economy in Europe.
Like I said he should lookup the refund policy on the school... There's nothing as fvcked up loosing money yet at the end u don't get an AD
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princejck: 11:34pm On Sep 07, 2020
Coldie:

Lol...Oga u dey vex oo. You re right no one should waste money if they re not sure of AD. I wish this time could be spent looking for other EU countries to study instead of applying faith and wasting time with study in Germany only.

If 60% here start the research for considerable alternative within 4 weeks there will be solution. Germany no be do or die matter, I know some go say nahh becuz I dey Germany, that’s why I’m talking this way. Even if I don’t agree with Coldie method last year, he was right to say this problem has been there for more than a year and it not cuz of corona or international flight.

Make unah rest on Germany waka and open fresh ideas to other EU countries even if the first year unah go pay school fees but it’s better to waste ur life hopping.

Not all part of Germany you get tuition free education and I have seen people here who got admission into schools in Baden-Württemberg knowing fully they have to pay 1500 euros tuition per semester excluding semester fees and tickets. If you can spend such amount why wasting ur time waiting for AD when u can with that amount school in other EU countries

This problem won’t go away and even if there’s AD this year it will mostly be for scholarships students.

There most than 2000 IQ here make unah take hamm find other reasonable solutions.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princejck: 11:43pm On Sep 07, 2020
micklovasta:

Semester contribution is a small financial risk. If you don't get student visa to go to Germany, you can always ask for a refund.

If you don't get a refund, it's better than regretting when people on here begin to get AD and AM.

People take far dangerous and costly risk crossing the Mediterranean.

If u re a true student I don’t think u will reason this way. Do u considered the fact that u might not get AD this year especially if u fall under Cat. B.

Maybe u can afford enrollment, but what about those who can’t afford it, don’t advise people to take risk just because u did. Admission letter is more than enough to appeal for a visa and it can always be deferred with most school.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Afeez234: 7:17am On Sep 08, 2020
princejck:

Lol...Oga u dey vex oo. You re right no one should waste money if they re not sure of AD. I wish this time could be spent looking for other EU countries to study instead of applying faith and wasting time with study in Germany only.

If 60% here start the research for considerable alternative within 4 weeks there will be solution. Germany no be do or die matter, I know some go say nahh becuz I dey Germany, that’s why I’m talking this way. Even if I don’t agree with Coldie method last year, he was right to say this problem has been there for more than a year and it not cuz of corona or international flight.

Make unah rest on Germany waka and open fresh ideas to other EU countries even if the first year unah go pay school fees but it’s better to waste ur life hopping.

Not all part of Germany you get tuition free education and I have seen people here who got admission into schools in Baden-Württemberg knowing fully they have to pay 1500 euros tuition per semester excluding semester fees and tickets. If you can spend such amount why wasting ur time waiting for AD when u can with that amount school in other EU countries

This problem won’t go away and even if there’s AD this year it will mostly be for scholarships students.

There most than 2000 IQ here make unah take hamm find other reasonable solutions.
True talk bro but logically speaking.... Even if they chose to answer scholarship students first, they must have been done with them already..... . Cause they are giving dates to family reunion which translates to the fact that students are also getting dates, where are the students? Not even one on Nairaland? There's an agenda somewhere...

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by micklovasta: 7:21am On Sep 08, 2020
princejck:

If u re a true student I don’t think u will reason this way. Do u considered the fact that u might not get AD this year especially if u fall under Cat. B.

Maybe u can afford enrollment, but what about those who can’t afford it, don’t advise people to take risk just because u did. Admission letter is more than enough to appeal for a visa and it can always be deferred with most school.

Then don't pay
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by fancyto(m): 7:41am On Sep 08, 2020
If I know this is all the wahala I will face wouldn't have waste my money applying to any German university is not worth it at all.
Extremely stressful.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by fancyto(m): 7:43am On Sep 08, 2020
If they don't want us to come to their country, why give us admission.
They would have just stated it categorically on their school and consulates website that nigerians are exempted from the process.
Rather than parking admission letters to us without hope of coming in.
Some of us have 5 admission letters, what a waste of application fees.
Mtcheeww.

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by promisengr(m): 7:48am On Sep 08, 2020
Please can I get the email to the Germany embassy in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Afeez234: 7:49am On Sep 08, 2020
fancyto:
If they don't want us to come to their country, why give us admission.
They should just state it categorically on their school and consulates website that nigerians are excepted from the process.
Rather than parking admission letters to us without hope of coming in.
Lol, don't blame the schools. They gave me you admission cause you're qualified for it.
The annoying thing is if anyone books an appointment today and ticks scholarship even though the person has no scholarship, he or she will get an AD, where did that AD come from that Cat A and B people can't get assuming the scholarship recipient did not apply.?
Let's try to call them again. Both Abuja embassy and Lagos consulate. The numbers are on this links

https://nigeria.diplo.de/ng-en/vertretungen/botschaft

https://nigeria.diplo.de/ng-en/vertretungen/generalkonsulatlagos
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SOLARPOWER1(f): 8:08am On Sep 08, 2020
Coldie:
like i said only ppl with schorlarship.

Me i even went to the german embassy and tried to sneak in via scholarship coz i got a discount of 2000euros dem bounce me. I was the only student there. Others were either nigerians with german citizenship, or people applying for reunion or govt officials applying for a visa to enable them attend conferences.

Lowkey germany is trying to reduce infux of nigerians

Stop giving out information that you don't have enough data to validate... My friend in category B got AD last summer and he is currently in DE as we speak
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by GreatMage: 8:12am On Sep 08, 2020
This is very sad...

Those of last year rolled over to this year hoping everything will work out good but then embassy continued being embassy...

This will make it 2 years! Two years of complete wastage on AL, couriers, enrollment payment, semester contribution, etc...

Our money are going but nothing is being given back!
But what can we do?

Welcome to the journey of Deutschland aimless waka!

I am tired embarassed

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Coldie(m): 8:36am On Sep 08, 2020
SOLARPOWER1:

Stop giving out information that you don't have enough data to validate... My friend in category B got AD last summer and he is currently in DE as we speak
People got Ad last year I didn't argue it with u, but from July down getting AD became difficult.

When u mean summer can u be specific about the month, reason why we have not been able to make any reasonable conclusion is that almost every one here we all started this hustle last year, am not sure anyone has gotten AD and gone for interview, but we always here somebody I know, one of my friend this and that.

A friend of mine left last year too, but she got AD before that July period, it seems it's from around July that getting AD started becoming hard

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (709) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.