Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,582 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1109818 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nania: 7:03pm On Sep 08, 2020
What is the e-mail address?

Hope still dey.

Get a new admission letter from school(in case they need one) and a letter of presence from your school. When you have gotten the two documents, send it to them embassy via email.

Your visa will be revisited.

Godspeed bro[/quote]
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 08, 2020
knogbu:
The good news is that at least, they have started considering students. Every other thing will fall in place. God will see una through this bottleneck. I was once in such shoe back in 2018.
However, I will also advice here for people to look at other countries. I get sad when i read about those who keep applying to German embassy every year but to no avail. Spread your tentacles. Before I arrived here, my whole plans were for Canada. The year it failed, I switched to Norway. When that failed too, I switched to Germany and I came here. I never in my wildest dream planned to study here but sometimes, one is destined to follow a path chosen by his God.
Those blocked account monies can comfortable take you to other EU nations that are good.
Such option is better than wasting precious time for German visa appointment that is becoming harder to get. Imagine the admission/semester fee plus blocked account? If really U wish to study, an alternative developed nation is as good as coming here to Germany.
It sad to read all these stories here.
All the best brothers and sisters
Thanks for your kind words and advice.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Valembon: 8:05pm On Sep 08, 2020
grin grin grin
micklovasta:

Pay!!!
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dennison4luv: 9:37pm On Sep 08, 2020
MOP777:
Pls can we create a whatsApp group so everybody will be carried along nd updated pls

If this is a WhatsApp group the informations that have been posted here before you joined the group you will not have access to it. Its better we do everything here so that those that are coming can benefit from it.

5 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by samax207: 9:50pm On Sep 08, 2020
Hi guys, please does anyone know if nigerians with german student visa are allowed to board flight from lagos to germany since flight resumption in the country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by fancyto(m): 10:19pm On Sep 08, 2020
Nania:

What is the e-mail address?

Hope still dey.

Get a new admission letter from school(in case they need one) and a letter of presence from your school. When you have gotten the two documents, send it to them embassy via email.

Your visa will be revisited.

Godspeed bro
Bro from which source.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Mykelpato(m): 11:03pm On Sep 08, 2020
Chai! This german waka.. So ná my own turn this thing come dey get K-leg.
My friends left last year. cry

May God help us.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fatalveli(m): 11:36pm On Sep 08, 2020
samax207:
Hi guys, please does anyone know if nigerians with german student visa are allowed to board flight from lagos to germany since flight resumption in the country
Yes na. If there’s an available flight, you can book
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by obibanks: 1:17am On Sep 09, 2020
Make una calm down joor. See as una dey complain like say una be German Citizens

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nania: 7:44am On Sep 09, 2020
Can someone please direct me on how to get to the German Consulate Lagos @ 15 Walter Carington Crescent, Victoria Island.

I v never been their before and intend getting their on a commercial bus from Oshodi. I would like to know what bus stop to alight.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by charliesyndrom: 7:46am On Sep 09, 2020
Hello Nairalanders! What kind of date of birth is required for students born before 1992. According to the checklist, NPC birth cert is for applicants born after 1992. Can declaration of Age suffice? If yes, the declaration of age I used in school has only my middle name and surname, I did it when I was young and probably didn't know I had to put my 2 names or my first name. I'm thinking Embassy might reject the declaration of age cos my first name isn't there. On the other hand, If I decide to do a new declaration of age , would the date be a problem? cos they might be wandering which birth cert or declaration of age I have been using since the one I presented is of recent date. Please I need advice.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fatalveli(m): 8:11am On Sep 09, 2020
Nania:
Can someone please direct me on how to get to the German Consulate Lagos @ 15 Walter Carington Crescent, Victoria Island.

I v never been their before and intend getting their on a commercial bus from Oshodi. I would like to know what bus stop to alight.
From Oshodi enter CMS, from CMS enter Eko hotel or Adeola odeku, from there you can find your way

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Portex: 8:18am On Sep 09, 2020
Nania:

Use BRT and stop at Obalende or CMS, ask people for directions, you can either use a cab or shuttle from obalende to VI
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by PeacefulPeaceA: 9:22am On Sep 09, 2020
I didn't know that a couple can use just one partner's student visa to leave...

Is this common practice?

Majekodunmi66:
Hello Everyone, Please I need help regarding this situation.

So my wife while not yet married to me, in March 2020 got an Erasmus NOHA+ Scholarship from the EU for a mobility Masters programme in Poland, Germany and The Netherlands for 24months.

Given the Covid-19 situation, she will be resuming in Germany. in May, she applied for visa as a single lady. We are now married.

Recently she emailed the EU, the Masters Programme Coordinators and her School in Germany to inform them that she just got wedded and that she will like to travel with me (her husband) for the period of her stay and that she has applied for a long term visa for me.

Immediately, the EU wrote to the German Embassy with our ref numbers and informed them that my wife's programme commences in September and that we should be attended to despite the close of the visa office. The Embassy responded to the EU saying that they need a confirmation from my wife's school that it is mandatory for her to be in Germany for the study, which was forwarded to the Embassy.

Cut the story short... we got an appointment same day 7am and 9am respectively for August 2020. The issue here is that her email for an appointment has more requirement than mine because she is the Awardee. They asked my wife to come with all her documents, blocked account or scholarship documentation from the EU, while mine being her husband did not come with any requirement other than for my passport number must not be incorrect. They didnt even ask me for a blocked account or health insurance, absolutely nothing.

By the scholarship, her monthly allowance is 1000 euro and her school is in Bochum, Germany. Please what do you advise that I do on my own part.

Do I just go with my wife to the VISA interview just like that? Because my appointment actually didn't ask me for anything, maybe my wife's documentation would suffice for me, I don't know. I need an Advise on how and what to do before mid August 2020 and what are the possible questions I may be faced with at the interview come August

Thank you
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by wozzopghuy: 9:43am On Sep 09, 2020
I got an admission for Msc Applied Physics winter semester in University of Freiburg. But due to the travel restriction, i might not be able to make it. They also don't allow deferment.

Anyone admitted into Freiburg here??
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SOLARPOWER1(f): 10:08am On Sep 09, 2020
PeacefulPeaceA:

Is this common practice?

Maybe this is coming late but most scholarship like this usually provides a provision for spouse or partner and a particular amount will be added to the monthly stipend to sustain the person you are taking along.

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SOLARPOWER1(f): 10:09am On Sep 09, 2020
PeacefulPeaceA:

Is this common practice?

Maybe this is coming late but most scholarship like this usually provides a provision for spouse or partner and a particular amount will be added to the monthly stipend to sustain the person you are taking along.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SOLARPOWER1(f): 10:10am On Sep 09, 2020
Majekodunmi66:
Hello Everyone, Please I need help regarding this situation.

So my wife while not yet married to me, in March 2020 got an Erasmus NOHA+ Scholarship from the EU for a mobility Masters programme in Poland, Germany and The Netherlands for 24months.

Given the Covid-19 situation, she will be resuming in Germany. in May, she applied for visa as a single lady. We are now married.

Recently she emailed the EU, the Masters Programme Coordinators and her School in Germany to inform them that she just got wedded and that she will like to travel with me (her husband) for the period of her stay and that she has applied for a long term visa for me.

Immediately, the EU wrote to the German Embassy with our ref numbers and informed them that my wife's programme commences in September and that we should be attended to despite the close of the visa office. The Embassy responded to the EU saying that they need a confirmation from my wife's school that it is mandatory for her to be in Germany for the study, which was forwarded to the Embassy.

Cut the story short... we got an appointment same day 7am and 9am respectively for August 2020. The issue here is that her email for an appointment has more requirement than mine because she is the Awardee. They asked my wife to come with all her documents, blocked account or scholarship documentation from the EU, while mine being her husband did not come with any requirement other than for my passport number must not be incorrect. They didnt even ask me for a blocked account or health insurance, absolutely nothing.

By the scholarship, her monthly allowance is 1000 euro and her school is in Bochum, Germany. Please what do you advise that I do on my own part.

Do I just go with my wife to the VISA interview just like that? Because my appointment actually didn't ask me for anything, maybe my wife's documentation would suffice for me, I don't know. I need an Advise on how and what to do before mid August 2020 and what are the possible questions I may be faced with at the interview come August

Thank you

Please tell us your experience at the interview so others can learn

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by PeacefulPeaceA: 11:43am On Sep 09, 2020
Thank you.

SOLARPOWER1:

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Vrepman: 12:32pm On Sep 09, 2020
Yea, got admitted to Uni Freiburg too. In the same situation with you though ive got a letter from my department requesting for my presence in Germany, problem now is how to send it to Embassy as I've not got Visa Appointment Date
wozzopghuy:
I got an admission for Msc Applied Physics winter semester in University of Freiburg. But due to the travel restriction, i might not be able to make it. They also don't allow deferment.

Anyone admitted into Freiburg here??
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by samax207: 12:59pm On Sep 09, 2020
Hi guys, please does anyone know if nigerians with german student visa are allowed to board flight from lagos to germany since flight resumption in the country. A travel agent told me there is restriction to europe from nigeria. I wanna know before I book my flight..
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by starboychan: 1:30pm On Sep 09, 2020
Provided that you have a letter of presence from your school, you're good to go

samax207:
Hi guys, please does anyone know if nigerians with german student visa are allowed to board flight from lagos to germany since flight resumption in the country. A travel agent told me there is restriction to europe from nigeria. I wanna know before I book my flight..
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bolabyte: 1:52pm On Sep 09, 2020
@Nania I also want to book appointment for certification of my documents, how did you get a date? I have been trying for the past 2weeks and its showing "no appointment date"

Nania:
Thank God I had finally got an appointment for 14/09/2020 for certification of my documents. Uni Bremen had insisted on only The German Consulate for certification of documents. If you are heading to Uni Bremen log in now and book your appointment before they get filled up again. I d been on it for weeks and couldn't get appointment. I will also seize the opportunity to ask questions when I get their on Monday as regards AD. Best of luck guys

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 3:34pm On Sep 09, 2020
Nania:
Thank God I had finally got an appointment for 14/09/2020 for certification of my documents. Uni Bremen had insisted on only The German Consulate for certification of documents. If you are heading to Uni Bremen log in now and book your appointment before they get filled up again. I d been on it for weeks and couldn't get appointment. I will also seize the opportunity to ask questions when I get their on Monday as regards AD. Best of luck guys

when you got there what was said regarding AD?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nania: 4:43pm On Sep 09, 2020
Check the date... I haven't gone yet.

Stiflersammy:

when you got there what was said regarding AD?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nania: 4:46pm On Sep 09, 2020
U try in the morning, afternoon, night everyday. I was lucky, after two weeks of trying. Just one came up, u won't believe how snappy at the speed of light I took the appointment b4 somebody else grabs it. This people are really stressing us.

Bolabyte:
@Nania I also want to book appointment for certification of my documents, how did you get a date? I have been trying for the past 2weeks and its showing "no appointment date"

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Pinkwizard: 5:54pm On Sep 09, 2020
Hi Everybody.

Please i am very new here I have been going through the thread bit by bit and I would like to book an appointment date at the German embassy. Please can anyone direct me on the correct link and where to apply

Thank you
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 6:07pm On Sep 09, 2020
Just got my letter of required presence from the department, International Master in Environmental Science.
I am yet to receive official admission letter from University of Cologne though.
1. Those of you who have received admission letters, was it by email or post mail(physical) copy?
2. Is letter of presence issued by the department or the university itself (note the difference in letter head address)?

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Portex: 7:34pm On Sep 09, 2020
I don’t know if this is a good news but the German embassy in Turkey has stated that students going to Germany do not need to provide “letter of presence”.

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 8:11pm On Sep 09, 2020
Portex:
I don’t know if this is a good news but the German embassy in Turkey has stated that students going to Germany do not need to provide “letter of presence”.

Although Turkey is not a member of the EU States, but its negotiating its way and this is a green light.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by KristinaKan: 1:08am On Sep 10, 2020
Portex:

Turkey; that is definitely a system that works! What exactly is our minister of foreign affairs doing about this...sadly, typical Nigerian situation, the man who should be acting might not be aware of this problem.

How many Nigerian students can get accepted into scholarship programs?...

"No be like cey we dull o...some of us graduated from medical school with first class honors however after house-job/internship and NYSC, we don't even stand a chance to fit into category A again".

Why are Nigerians being denied a chance on the basis of being Nigerians or being resident in Nigeria? If the German schools find us intellectually worthy to be admitted into their programs why can't their embassy give us the same chance the give students' from Ghana, South Africa, Benin Republic, etc?

Our leaders have got to look into their diplomatic relationship with Germany!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (709) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.