Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,719 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1114684 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (710) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kathy4jesus: 10:12pm On Jul 12, 2021
Anyone admitted to Berlin business school? Holla we need to talk pls, Comment or send email I need to ask questions please

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by voicephone: 6:49am On Jul 13, 2021
Please with that underlined does it mean germany don't accept sponsorship letter since it is not indicated there?

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 7:03am On Jul 13, 2021
Good Morning, it was indicated. The formal obligation is the sponsor letter. Regards.

voicephone:
Please with that underlined does it mean germany don't accept sponsorship letter since it is not indicated there?

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SpongeBobSP: 8:59am On Jul 13, 2021
Hi bro, so my sponsor said his state in Germany is asking him for health insurance of the person he is sponsoring (me). I don't know what type of health insurance I should get cos I don't even have much money to pay for that now, so is there any you can recommend, and do you know anyone who needed health insurance to get sponsorship letter?
OdogwuEkeke:
Good Morning, it was indicated. The formal obligation is the sponsor letter. Regards.

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Elninoarmando(m): 9:10am On Jul 13, 2021
SpongeBobSP:

Hi bro, so my sponsor said his state in Germany is asking him for health insurance of the person he is sponsoring (me). I don't know what type of health insurance I should get cos I don't even have much money to pay for that now, so is there any you can recommend, and do you know anyone who needed health insurance to get sponsorship letter?

Contact your School in Germany immediately.
Mine gave me some names of insurance companies in Germany to register with this summer semester.
I didn't register because i couldn't travel to Germany then.So,it was of no use to me.
You only pay when you arrive in Germany.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 9:48am On Jul 13, 2021
Omo come see plenty people for embassy this morning.

Ewwwww

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Mbee8187: 10:00am On Jul 13, 2021
oxyba:
Means He or She booked your appointment under CAT A, last I checked the embassy does not allocate Category , you register under the relevant category and for CAT A you’d have to show one that you qualify with one of the requirements

I had to ask the agent about this, he said he didn’t reapply. So, I think it’s the embassy that refreshed all applications before April. (I’m genuinely sorry I passed the wrong information earlier).

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Mbee8187: 10:05am On Jul 13, 2021
Nhkgtf:

Please cancel o so people like us will have space grin

Lol, I believe since I did not attend the interview, it was automatically canceled.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by TonyySS: 10:07am On Jul 13, 2021
Stiflersammy:

Ewwwww

Really? For interview or what?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 10:12am On Jul 13, 2021
Well, I have a letter from a health issurance company and I did not pay for it.

You need to send a mail to the international office of your school and ask them for preferred health insurance companies after which you would need to contact them (insurance company) requesting for a certificate of some sort you would give your sponsor.

Kindly note that regions have insurance preferences.

SpongeBobSP:

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Mbee8187: 10:13am On Jul 13, 2021
[quote author=Kathy4jesus post=103645580][/quote]

No, the agent was not assigned to me by the school. Also, the schools he applied to for me were not private schools. ☺️
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 10:15am On Jul 13, 2021
@SpongeBobSP

Your question was already answered here, I did not see it. Good luck

Elninoarmando:

Mine gave me some names of insurance companies in Germany to register with this summer semester.
I didn't register because i couldn't travel to Germany then.So,it was of no use to me.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 10:16am On Jul 13, 2021
Please did you help us ask if they are CAT B?

Stiflersammy:

Ewwwww
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 10:17am On Jul 13, 2021
TonyySS:

Really? For interview or what?

For interview na

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 10:18am On Jul 13, 2021
Nope, you have to cancel because you would not be able to re-book without doing so, plus I second what @Nhkgtf said grin

Mbee8187:

Lol, I believe since I did not attend the interview, it was automatically canceled.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 10:19am On Jul 13, 2021
OdogwuEkeke:
Please did you help us ask if they are CAT B?

I done commot since na, but will be going back soon, will ask if I see anyone

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 10:19am On Jul 13, 2021
Which Category na?

Abi make I go dry clean my suit ni lol

Stiflersammy:

For interview na
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 10:19am On Jul 13, 2021
Thanks a lot for this .

Stiflersammy:

I done commot since na, but will be going back soon, will ask if I see anyone
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Mbee8187: 10:36am On Jul 13, 2021
OdogwuEkeke:
Nope, you have to cancel because you would not be able to re-book without doing so, plus I second what @Nhkgtf said grin

Haha, I’ve left Nigeria already, I would not have to reapply. However, I’ll cancel now, so that other people can see space like @Nhkgtf said lol.
I pray they respond to those waiting for AD in no time. Nonetheless, I feel like the delay is a ‘Nigeria’ thing!
I applied for German visa from Swiss, and I got an appointment date and the German visa within 3 weeks!

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 10:46am On Jul 13, 2021
Invite us make we apply for swiss too na grin

Mbee8187:

Haha, I’ve left Nigeria already, I would not have to reapply. However, I’ll cancel now, so that other people can see space like @Nhkgtf said lol.
I pray they respond to those waiting for AD in no time. Nonetheless, I feel like the delay is a ‘Nigeria’ thing!
I applied for German visa from Swiss, and I got an appointment date and the German visa within 3 weeks!
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 10:55am On Jul 13, 2021
I don't know who might need this but there are some schools in Africa that are more ranked than some schools in Germany.

SA to be precise, it's a year master's but if the quality of the school is not your interest then kindly ignore it.

They are not as expensive and you can globally be a hot cake but I know with the recent protest you fit talk say na rubbish place the same thing happened in Nigeria anyway and no be all parts of Nigeria BH dey. Check for top Universities in Africa and check their global ranking with the University you wan go for Germany.

I just think it might be a good backup (Plan B) for those wey don dey old for this journey lol

https://edurank.org/geo/de/

At the end of the day, na God dey protect person, nowhere is 100% safe.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 11:01am On Jul 13, 2021
OdogwuEkeke:
Thanks a lot for this .

Before I got there no one left.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kubernetes: 11:02am On Jul 13, 2021
vivianobas:
My name is vivianobas and I have been away from Nairaland for almost two years studying for a Masters degree in Germany and finished my program in June 2021. I am currently working for a recruitment firm called TalentDiverse EU. We have the below opening and I decided to post it here since our client is interested in a diverse workforce and the job can be done remotely. if anyone is interested, reach out to me so that I can take you through the process. I know we also have professionals among us

What we are looking for

� For this role, we are looking for someone who has extensive practical experience with building and maintaining systems with Amazon Web Services (AWS), ideally with services such as Elastic Compute Cloud, Virtual Private Cloud, and Aurora.

⚙️ Our infrastructure stack is based on Terraform and Kubernetes. This role requires you to have extensive professional experience in these technologies, ideally having built and maintained a multi-region cloud infrastructure setup.

� You care about the people you work with and you are willing to grow together. You also care about the wider team and you want to work on a service that adds value for others.

� We work together very closely and with short feedback cycles, both within our team and towards our peers.

� You proactively seek to support and collaborate with others, not just when you’re stuck, but also whenever you can lend a hand. We are largely self-organized, so we require you as our teammate to proactively come forward and take the lead at times without being explicitly told to do so.

Hello, I see you are into devOps.
you may interested in a on the attached portable battery powered Linux computer as powerful as raspberry pi.

Are you conversant with Linux operating system?
Are you a system admin that likes remote work etc?
Buy this mini hardware that works like a raspberry pi.

Specifications:
CPU: 1GHz Single-Core AllWinner R8 ARM Cortex-A8
GPU: ARM Mali 400
RAM: 512MB DDR3
Storage: 4GB eMMC
Networking: 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
Ports: 1x USB, Analogue TRRS AV, 2x 40-pin GPIO (1x 25-pin on PocketCHIP)
Display (PocketCHIP): 4.25in, 480 x 272 backlit resistive touch LCD
Size (CHIP) (mm): 62.9 x 41.3 x 14.8
Weight (CHIP): 30g
Size (PocketCHIP) (mm): 112.5 x 165.1 x 26.2
Weight (PocketCHIP): 267g

I currently have two pieces and want to dispose one. I bought it off eBay when I was learning Linux years back.
Email me if interested to enable us exchange phone no's.

U can market it to your geek friends.

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by computaholicGoc(m): 11:30am On Jul 13, 2021
Hey!

Go for PKV - private Krankenversicherung (private health insurance ) if u re over 23 but under 30.

Public insurance like AOK and Barmer are quite expensive tho is worth it if u re working / plan to retire in germany and/or u re sickly.

I once used mawista ( 37 euros pro Monate ). U can google it.

All the best

SpongeBobSP:

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by computaholicGoc(m): 11:36am On Jul 13, 2021
Regions?

I don’t think so!

Any insurance can suffice; so far as you re eligible for private or public.

Tho some schools have their preference but re not obliged to use a particular one.

OdogwuEkeke:

You need to send a mail to the international office of your school and ask them for preferred health insurance companies after which you would need to contact them (insurance company) requesting for a certificate of some sort you would give your sponsor.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SpongeBobSP: 8:17pm On Jul 13, 2021
I really appreciate your help on this.
Thanks, I'll mail my school ASAP.
Elninoarmando:

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SpongeBobSP: 8:20pm On Jul 13, 2021
Much appreciated brother.
Thanks.
OdogwuEkeke:

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SpongeBobSP: 8:50pm On Jul 13, 2021
Senior man! How far?
So these ones you mentioned, I mean the private insurance, are they the same as the AOK that odogwu mentioned earlier, in that I don't have to pay until I get to Germany?
I'll still contact the university tomorrow.
Thanks.

computaholicGoc:
Hey!

Go for PKV - private Krankenversicherung (private health insurance ) if u re over 23 but under 30.

Public insurance like AOK and Barmer are quite expensive tho is worth it if u re working / plan to retire in germany and/or u re sickly.

I once used mawista ( 37 euros pro Monate ). U can google it.

All the best

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by computaholicGoc(m): 11:39pm On Jul 13, 2021
AOK, barmer, Tk are public insurance. They re diff from mawista ( private ) you dont need to pay until u re in germany.

SpongeBobSP:
Senior man! How far?
So these ones you mentioned, I mean the private insurance, are they the same as the AOK that odogwu mentioned earlier, in that I don't have to pay until I get to Germany?
I'll still contact the university tomorrow.
Thanks.

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Escanor(m): 12:46am On Jul 14, 2021
Mbee8187:

Sorry how many years did you stay in Swiss before applying for Germany visa?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Mbee8187: 6:22am On Jul 14, 2021
Escanor:

Six months actually
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hazardd(m): 6:35am On Jul 14, 2021
Escanor:

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (710) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.