Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (432) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1111043 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by CooKeed(m): 7:04pm On Jul 21, 2021
Itstomisin:
The person didn't apply from Nigeria. So there's no category situation where he applied from.
Oh I see. Thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by victor5996: 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2021
This guy was intentional and consistent!!!
Where did you apply from?
Energygod:

There's no category here
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daintyprincess(f): 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2021
Energygod:

There's no category here
What country are you from, please
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Energygod: 8:20pm On Jul 21, 2021
victor5996:
This guy was intentional and consistent!!!
Where did you apply from?

Thank you so much brother. I had to be bro
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 12:37am On Jul 22, 2021
Omo @Energygod na real energy ooh. I just finished reading through all his Nairaland post.

Baba entered another country before entering Germany ni ooh. He don old for this journey omo he deserved it.

He tried, Ukraine and Lithuanian.

He got Ukraine student visa ending last year, spent some time there and then applied to Germany.

Congratulations Brother.

4 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 12:41am On Jul 22, 2021
If to say I get one money now shebi I go don enter somewhere first lol.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Energygod: 1:40am On Jul 22, 2021
daintyprincess:

What country are you from, please

I'm from Nigeria
But I didn't apply from Nigeria.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Energygod: 1:41am On Jul 22, 2021
OdogwuEkeke:
Omo @Energygod na real energy ooh. I just finished reading through all his Nairaland post.

Baba entered another country before entering Germany ni ooh. He don old for this journey omo he deserved it.

He tried, Ukraine and Lithuanian.

He got Ukraine student visa ending last year, spent some time there and then applied to Germany.

Congratulations Brother.

Thank you so much brother I sincerely appreciate. This is It took the grace of God because my energy almost gave up on me lol.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daintyprincess(f): 3:47am On Jul 22, 2021
Energygod:

I'm from Nigeria
But I didn't apply from Nigeria.
Thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by obibanks: 12:48pm On Jul 22, 2021
computaholicGoc:
Don’t notarize or certify your original docs.

It’s even not ideal to laminate your original docs.

Make copy(copies) of them and then certify or notarize

I used to do I wouldn't laminate my original certificates till I dropped my documents during my interview 2 years ago. The way my original unlaminated documents were rumpled when it was returned gave me brain. Na sorry dem for tell me if it tore

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by TonyySS: 3:48pm On Jul 22, 2021
obibanks:

I used to do I wouldn't laminate my original certificates till I dropped my documents during my interview 2 years ago. The way my original unlaminated documents were rumpled when it was returned gave me brain. Na sorry dem for tell me if it tore

I don't know but I was also adviced not to laminate. Cuz most times international bodies would want to check if authentic or not
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 7:54am On Jul 23, 2021
If you are no longer going to Germany after creating and funding the block account, how will I be able to get the money back.
I have done legitimation, but the next step is to upload a supporting document, how will I get the supporting document (my visa application wasn't rejected, I didn't even get a date)

Helping someone to get information
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by romolayo: 1:46pm On Jul 23, 2021
VISUM FINALLY!

I’ve been a silent member on here but I have learnt so much and I hope to learn much more. Kudos to everybody that has been contributing.

My German school waka started 2019. I started by applying for DAAD scholarships. I didn’t get a scholarship but by 2020 July, I got an admission for a MA program into the University of Bayreuth, Bavaria.

I applied for an appointment but didn’t get a date till the semester started in October so I had to defer till this year (2021) winter session. I reapplied to the same school and got my new admission letter by March.

I applied for Category A (using first class result of 2018) on March 11, received feedback on May 20.

AD: June 16th
AM: July 13th
Visum: July 22nd

*My interview transcript*

I got to Walter Carington some minutes to 7am. I was the first on the queue. Oga Paulinus trouble me small for arrangement of docs but we later settle. He even said that’s how we will be saying things about him on Nairaland. (I laugh small for my mind).

The VO was a soft spoken lady.

She asked ‘what Category are you?’ I told her. She said are you sure? Then she checked. Did biometrics first.

*Main Interview* Questions:

Do you speak/understand german? I said no but my course is taught in English and I hope to learn German over there too.

Why this course?

Is there no University for this MA program in Nigeria?

Why Germany for this course?

Do you have a goal of setting up your own firm in Nigeria?

What are your future aspirations?

What is your bachelor's thesis?

What is your school's city and state.. What is the capital of that state?

Have you applied for any visa before? I said no.

What do you know about Germany's economy, politics and geography? You can start with any one. (I talk till she tire)

Thank you and have a nice day.

She asked if I had any question for her. I was speechless as everything wey I cram na him still dey my head and I gently said no thank you ma’m.

I left the embassy around 7:50am. The interview didn’t take more than 15mins.

I encourage guys still trying to keep pushing, your turn will come. I had to share this here because I have learnt a lot from this platform.

Don’t give up fam! Danke.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by tobimvo: 2:43pm On Jul 23, 2021
But i no get first class cry Congrats though.

romolayo:
VISUM FINALLY!

I’ve been a silent member on here but I have learnt so much and I hope to learn much more. Kudos to everybody that has been contributing.

My German school waka started 2019. I started by applying for DAAD scholarships. I didn’t get a scholarship but by 2020 July, I got an admission for a MA program into the University of Bayreuth, Bavaria.

I applied for an appointment but didn’t get a date till the semester started in October so I had to defer till this year (2021) winter session. I reapplied to the same school and got my new admission letter by March.

I applied for Category A (using first class result of 2018) on March 11, received feedback on May 20.

AD: June 16th
AM: July 13th
Visum: July 22nd

*My interview transcript*

I got to Walter Carington some minutes to 7am. I was the first on the queue. Oga Paulinus trouble me small for arrangement of docs but we later settle. He even said that’s how we will be saying things about him on Nairaland. (I laugh small for my mind).

The VO was a soft spoken lady.

She asked ‘what Category are you?’ I told her. She said are you sure? Then she checked. Did biometrics first.

*Main Interview* Questions:

Do you speak/understand german? I said no but my course is taught in English and I hope to learn German over there too.

Why this course?

Is there no University for this MA program in Nigeria?

Why Germany for this course?

Do you have a goal of setting up your own firm in Nigeria?

What are your future aspirations?

What is your bachelor's thesis?

What is your school's city and state.. What is the capital of that state?

Have you applied for any visa before? I said no.

What do you know about Germany's economy, politics and geography? You can start with any one. (I talk till she tire)

Thank you and have a nice day.

She asked if I had any question for her. I was speechless as everything wey I cram na him still dey my head and I gently said no thank you ma’m.

I left the embassy around 7:50am. The interview didn’t take more than 15mins.

I encourage guys still trying to keep pushing, your turn will come. I had to share this here because I have learnt a lot from this platform.

Don’t give up fam! Danke.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Rumplestilzchen: 3:11pm On Jul 23, 2021
Good day guys, I attended medical school in Nigeria, and our transcripts/degrees aren't graded in terms of 1st class, second class, etc.

I've called the embassy and sent a mail to no avail.
does anyone have any idea what category doctors apply to? or if Uniassist does conversion of degrees to the German grading scale.
i have been applying for AD since June 2019 and it is getting really frustrating
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ohswagz: 5:11pm On Jul 23, 2021
Rumplestilzchen:
Good day guys, I attended medical school in Nigeria, and our transcripts/degrees aren't graded in terms of 1st class, second class, etc.

I've called the embassy and sent a mail to no avail.
does anyone have any idea what category doctors apply to? or if Uniassist does conversion of degrees to the German grading scale.
i have been applying for AD since June 2019 and it is getting really frustrating
As a Doctor, you are in category A (if u graduated no earlier than January 1st, 2019)....if u graduated earlier, then u are in B

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Franklinsmooth: 6:23pm On Jul 23, 2021
Greetings to you all, what's the easiest way to book appointment with German embassy?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nhkgtf: 7:36pm On Jul 23, 2021
Franklinsmooth:
Greetings to you all, what's the easiest way to book appointment with German embassy?

There is no easiest way except you are category A
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Mbee8187: 8:00pm On Jul 23, 2021
Escanor:

Okay you applied with a visa or a Swiss residency card..cause I wanna launch mine too from poland

Residence permit. Good luck! cheesy
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nhkgtf: 4:52pm On Jul 24, 2021
So no one has gotten date except those that applied on the first of April
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Aafiyah: 5:05pm On Jul 24, 2021
Nhkgtf:

*Sighs*
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Vantades(m): 8:37pm On Jul 24, 2021
Please does anyone have any information on Applying for Language course in Germany? My little sister wants to study nursing but instead of doing the course in Lagos i was thinking if she could apply for the language course and do it in Germany. i am asking because i havent seen a lot of people doing that, so is there a downside?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Adisa471: 11:25pm On Jul 24, 2021
April 1st, 00:10 but still no appointment date.

Nhkgtf:
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by walexy06(m): 9:22am On Jul 25, 2021
Adisa471:
April 1st, 00:10 but still no appointment date.

April 1. 00:30 and no date.
Last I heard was 00:05.
AD issuance is slow
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by EMMA8888: 10:07am On Jul 25, 2021
walexy06:

April 1. 00:30 and no date.
Last I heard was 00:05.
AD issuance is slow
Please, which date did you submit as your start date?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by walexy06(m): 12:14pm On Jul 25, 2021
EMMA8888:

Please, which date did you submit as your start date?

Used Oct 25 as start date.
Na my 3rd semester that one go be.
When n what time did you book with start date?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by EMMA8888: 12:53pm On Jul 25, 2021
walexy06:

Used Oct 25 as start date.
Na my 3rd semester that one go be.
When n what time did you book with start date?
Booked 1.4.21 by 8:13am... Start date: 1.10.21. likewise, it's going to be my 3rd semester; infact, d online classes for the two semester has not been easy, as there are lab courses that must be in-person, couple with the fact that one is missing the motivation of a learning environment.
By God's Grace, we will smile at the end, let's keep hope alive.

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by vampire2020: 1:32pm On Jul 25, 2021
Vantades:
Please does anyone have any information on Applying for Language course in Germany? My little sister wants to study nursing but instead of doing the course in Lagos i was thinking if she could apply for the language course and do it in Germany. i am asking because i havent seen a lot of people doing that, so is there a downside?
she should do dsh course

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by nestkojex(m): 2:38pm On Jul 25, 2021
Good afternoon, please where can I get health insurance and covid insurance.
Thanks

Energygod:

What God cannot do does not exist!!
Finally I'm sharing this!!

AL: 12th of June
AD:18th of June
Visum: 19th of July

Glory to God for this feat. It may look small but I know wetin my eyes see. God has been faithful. Please don't ever give up it may tarry but it will come. It took only a phone call to book my appointment and even then I changed the date later as I deemed fit. Everything was totally stress free. (N.B I didn't apply from Nigeria) . I hope everyone achieves his or her dream. Delay is never denial when you put everything in God's hands and make efforts Deutschland here I come ���.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 6:25pm On Jul 25, 2021
Who has Abike Dabiri’s contact!?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by chika0072(m): 7:17pm On Jul 25, 2021
How long does it take to fund block account with form A. I intend using zenith bank.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Eater0011: 9:02pm On Jul 25, 2021
Finally arrived at Munich,not an easy task, but worth it,I promised myself not to comment on this platform, but just need to drop this..goodluck to the people waiting for A.D and visa (cat A only)..those in category B sorry to burst your bubbles ,please forget about it, this consulate are not ready to attend to you guys except you are ready to wait till next two years or when Nigeria change government, ignore those coming here saying they got a date, I told you guys what to do so the embassy can consider you,but quite unfortunate we Nigerians are bunch of corward,other countries are travelling without issues but here it a big issue and we fold our hands hoping lol..Nigerian resilience equal to suffering..guys speak out ,I know why am saying this,I can't just come out to say this ,if you like keep hoping..stay safe and goodbye all

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (709) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.