Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (475) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1111502 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Buwanadrian(f): 3:25pm On Jan 10, 2022
@ smlye 81

Austin1450:

Congratulations brother. Please I would like to know if anyone has gotten appointment date and is going for studienkolleg
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Buwanadrian(f): 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2022
@ smyle81

adextetoo:
I hope this helps someone

Timeline

Mar 31 - I cancelled my previous booking

Apr 1st (0:05) - resubmitted for Category B

Same first week of April - requested for a new admission letter from school since I deregistered the previous semester due to lack of concentration from online studies and woeful exam (p:s I don't like bad records)

Second week of April - got new admission letter for winter 2021

April to September - I kept hoping for appointment

September 15 - Enrollment for new semester started, but I ignored

October 8 - Miracle happened I received mail from the embassy for appointment

October 9 - I cancelled my vacation trip to Tanzania because I won't be back on the appointment date given by the consulate (devil wanted to double cross me but God no gree)

October 9 - I sent mail to school I wanted to pay for enrollment because I sincerely gave up on the quest. The school told me deadline was October 14

October 10 - I sent money

October 14 - Money hasn't been confirmed (see devils at work)

October 14 - I started sending mail and copied both necessary and unnecessary people from my school. Ema je ki owo jona meaning don't let my money burn.

October 15 - I was given a favourable response that the deadline won't affect me since I told them I have made the payment (yet my mind wasn't at rest)

October 18/20 - Enrollment letter was issued

Nov 5 - Appointment date (something unusual happened; The interviewer told me my block account wasn't fully funded)

Ahhhhhhhhhhh I felt like crying. Although I funded 10600 euros which was more than the stipulated amount because I had a premonition of something like this. Yet I was given a shocker...let me explain what happened!

After registering my fintiba account in 2019 (so you now know I have been on this for 2 years) the embassy initial started with 8600+ euros then moved it up to 9600+ then again 10233 I guess. My fintiba block account read 10233 as the blocking contract which I wasn't even aware it has increased to 10382 euros (if I am correct)

After the interview the BO told me to quickly make the necessary changes within 7 days (she didn't believe I funded fully)... On leaving the Consulate I switched my phone on and started browsing to confirm where the error was, I made the required changes to the blocking contract and immediately sent a mail to the consulate explaining what happened.

Note: I won't talk about my issue with Mr Paulinus...That man ehn!!!

Nov 16 - The embassy sent a mail I should forward my updated blocking contract which I did almost immediately

Another round of silent days I kept calling once every two weeks

December 16 - Approval Mail came and request to send my passport and travel insurance. I forwarded it same day through FedEx

No response again ahhhhhhhhh this people

December 23 - Got a call while eating amala from a courier man, I initially thought it was jumia ....lol but when he said from Ger....man I stood up immediately.

I received my Visa and my original documents

December 27 - I left Nigeria via Lufthansa (I don't want to hear say lockdown hook me for Naija)

December 28 - I arrived Deutschland

All Glory To God

Although it took two years but it eventually worth the wait.

In addition: while looking for alternatives I got:
2 Admissions in US (One with Tuition Waiver)
4 Admissions in UK
Sat for IELTS within one week of preparation ( Scores 7.5)

Can somebody shout hallelujah!!!

9 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 10, 2022
Has anyone been able to navigate Uni Assist recently? Unfortunately, I'm having difficulties navigating the site. I couldn't navigate to the page where all the schools were listed and selected the schools I wanted. Any help to pass through this phase?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 10, 2022
9cguy:
Has anyone been able to navigate Uni Assist recently? Unfortunately, I'm having difficulties navigating the site. I couldn't navigate to the page where all the schools were listed and selected the schools I wanted. Any help to pass through this phase?

Sent you an email
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by vinlyreeks(m): 7:44pm On Jan 10, 2022
9cguy:

Uni Assist is working perfectly fine.
It might be your network.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Engrkia1703: 8:03am On Jan 11, 2022
Good morning all, Please for those that travelled to Germany in recent, I would like to know the latest travel protocol for Covid 19. Thanks and do have a wonderful day.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daviesblaze(m): 2:33pm On Jan 11, 2022
TripleJ03:
Seasons greetings from a grateful heart

Admission letter 8/9/2019
Deferred and got a new one on the 1/10/2020

Booked for appointment date and canceled several times

Booked appointment again 5th of April 2021

Got a mail for appointment date 19/10/2021

Appointment date 3/11/2021 for 9am

I was at the embassy as early as 6.50am got all documents checked met only few people that day.
My Interview started at 7.45am... Note I did not even know I had started my Interview.
Interview finished at 8am
My passport was retained though I was given the option if I wanted to go back with it.

Got A.M... 6/12/2021
Visum...... 14/12/2021

Spent Christmas with my family got to Germany on 3/01/2022
Interview questions
VO: Why are you here?
ME: .......
VO: Name of school?
ME: University of Göttingen
VO: course
ME: ........
VO: Undergraduate thesis?
ME: .......
VO: What you know about Germany politically, economically etc.
ME: I stated that Germany has the biggest cathedral in the world
VO: where is the cathedral located and what is the name
ME: I don't know sir, and I don't want to guess... V.O starts laughing
VO: any questions
ME: No sir
VO: do you want to go back with your passport
ME: No sir, when u stamp it send it to me.
VO: what if it's not stamped
ME: I will still give God the glory

Thank God it ended in praise.

Please did you do any verification of certificate at the Embassy before your appointment date
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by heroshark(m): 8:05pm On Jan 11, 2022
Victoria94:
, the tuition is about the same amount with the offer I got to UK too.

The Tuition fee listed here is about 8,000 Euro the cheapest university I have seen in the UK is about 14,000 Pounds, please how much is your tuition for the UK university and whats the name?

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ojabo123: 1:42pm On Jan 12, 2022
9cguy:
click on advance search.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by amila20042001: 2:51pm On Jan 12, 2022
FOR SOMEONE THAT STUDIED INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY, WHICH TUITION FREE SCHOOL CAN I APPLY FOR MASTERS DIRECTLY WITHOUT USING UNI-ASSIST? PLEASE HELP A BROTHER
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by amila20042001: 2:51pm On Jan 12, 2022
FOR SOMEONE THAT STUDIED CHEMISTRY, WHICH TUITION FREE SCHOOL CAN I APPLY FOR MASTERS DIRECTLY WITHOUT USING UNI-ASSIST? PLEASE HELP A BROTHER
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 3:34pm On Jan 12, 2022
Just curious, anyone from 2020 still waiting for appointments date?

Cos I think by now, everyone should have moved on to planB
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by vinlyreeks(m): 4:13pm On Jan 12, 2022
amila20042001:
FOR SOMEONE THAT STUDIED CHEMISTRY, WHICH TUITION FREE SCHOOL CAN I APPLY FOR MASTERS DIRECTLY WITHOUT USING UNI-ASSIST? PLEASE HELP A BROTHER

Seriously this is not a question someone can help you answer.
Your intended course is ICH. Fine
1. Make research on daad.de on masters programs related to Chemistry.
2. Visit the school pages of your proposed choice. Worst come to worst mail them to know I their applications are through uniassist.
3. Take note of your choices and apply as directed by school.

I think uniassist too gives details on some study programs on wether uniassist application Is applicable or not. It all boils down to your research.

My own cool

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by vinlyreeks(m): 4:17pm On Jan 12, 2022
OdogwuEkeke:
Just curious, anyone from 2020 still waiting for appointments date?

Cos I think by now, everyone should have moved on to planB

Please us there any hope in sight that they might scrape this Cat A and B order in booking appointments?.
Because really that's why most people have draw backs when thinking of going to Germany. And it has kinda made this thread boring and unresourceful as usual, by now the thread should have been in part 10 or so angry
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MICng: 5:27pm On Jan 12, 2022
vinlyreeks:

Please us there any hope in sight that they might scrape this Cat A and B order in booking appointments?.
Because really that's why most people have draw backs when thinking of going to Germany. And it has kinda made this thread boring and unresourceful as usual, by now the thread should have been in part 10 or so angry

Omo 2020 still dey here o no date
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 5:51pm On Jan 12, 2022
MICng:

Omo 2020 still dey here o no date

Wooow. Seriously!! Maybe you should consider other countries. Portugal, Sweden etc.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Beegb: 11:27pm On Jan 12, 2022
From 2020, Write a mail to the embassy especially if you have completed a semester or two, add your transcripts and relevant documents. Send it to this mail, it works.

info@lago.auswaertiges-amt.de
rk-visa12@lago.auswaertiges-amt.de
backoffice@lago.auswaertiges-amt.de
Student@lago.diplo.de

5 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MICng: 9:34am On Jan 13, 2022
Beegb:
From 2020, Write a mail to the embassy especially if you have completed a semester or two, add your transcripts and relevant documents. Send it to this mail, it works.

Student@lago.diplo.de
Thanks but this two emails seems not to be correct. Is it @lago or lagos?
Student@lago.diplo.de
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Beegb: 9:41am On Jan 13, 2022
[quote author=MICng post=109328197]
Thanks but this two emails seems not to be correct. Is it @lago or lagos?
Student@lago.diplo.de[ you are right , I sent it as it was forwarded to me , the first one is more important I think]
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MICng: 9:57am On Jan 13, 2022
[quote author=Beegb post=109328375][/quote]
Still not going
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MICng: 11:25am On Jan 13, 2022
Beegb:

Student@lago.diplo.de
Jesus it worked wow thank you very much. Just got appointment now oo

12 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 13, 2022
MICng:

Congratulations, happy for you.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 13, 2022
2022 is gonna be a good year, there's gonna be a lot of appointments and testimonies. Not just for Germany, but other countries. All you have to do is trust in God.

Hallelujah

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Beegb: 1:49pm On Jan 13, 2022
What I discovered is that not sharing your testimony affects others in return.

I saw a post here when someone sent a mail to the embassy and got appointment in October. I did the same and got too . Someone else got appointment date just now and shouted Jesus lol.

I encourage people to share their testimony and a brief of how it worked for them. It will encourage many more who are giving up already.

@MICng you owe me a drink in Germany, let's talk
Congratulations.

6 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by olawale360: 1:52pm On Jan 13, 2022
MICng:

Congratulations. Which of the emails did you used?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MICng: 2:13pm On Jan 13, 2022
MICng:

This ones
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MICng: 2:14pm On Jan 13, 2022
Beegb:

Student@lago.diplo.de
This ones

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by richy16(m): 3:21pm On Jan 13, 2022
Glad people are sharing their testimonies,I actually shared mine,and explained how I got an appointment date in less than one hour after sending mail.
Just keep praying.God will pave way for us

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 13, 2022
MICng:

This ones

Sent you an email
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MICng: 10:27pm On Jan 13, 2022
Beegb:
What I discovered is that not sharing your testimony affects others in return.

I saw a post here when someone sent a mail to the embassy and got appointment in October. I did the same and got too . Someone else got appointment date just now and shouted Jesus lol.

I encourage people to share their testimony and a brief of how it worked for them. It will encourage many more who are giving up already.

@MICng you owe me a drink in Germany, let's talk
Congratulations.
Lol I have been sending mail since but to the wrong address I think
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by hammed71(m): 7:57am On Jan 14, 2022
richy16:
Glad people are sharing their testimonies,I actually shared mine,and explained how I got an appointment date in less than one hour after sending mail.
Just keep praying.God will pave way for us
with category b?

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by richy16(m): 10:18am On Jan 14, 2022
hammed71:
with category b?
Category B

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (709) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.