Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (483) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1111827 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by brown1234: 2:27pm On Feb 04, 2022
Good day all , I am about to apply for Msc , but I am married with a baby can I bring my family over to Germany with a student visa.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Spiff006: 2:36pm On Feb 04, 2022
brown1234:

Please when do you do your booking and how long does it take you
on the 1st of August, last year.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Evalsam92: 4:25pm On Feb 04, 2022
heybaby12:

Go for the interview.

If things have not changed you would be given a time frame to produce it.

Ok so I will just explain to d visa officer the situation on ground, the interview will still be carried out right?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Germanwaka: 4:49pm On Feb 04, 2022
Maurice1320:
Got admission into Bielefeld University for Summer 2022. Is anyone going there too?
wow! Congratulations please reply your mail I am also interested in the school

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Talc001: 6:15pm On Feb 04, 2022
Spiff006:

on the 1st of August, last year.

I reside in Kaduna state, I got an Admission offer to study MSc in Geoscience in Germany. I want to book an appointment, but I am really confused as to which consulate branch to book. Whether in Lagos or Abuja, the site is linking me to the Lagos consulate, meanwhile the site also stated that "the German Embassy in Abuja only processes visa applications for Master and Ph.D. students living in the jurisdiction of the Embassy. All visa applications from students going for Bachelor studies are handled at the Consulate General in Lagos." So since I reside in Kaduna which is part of the jurisdiction of Abuja, which consulate am I supposed to book my appointment, Lagos or Abuja?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Hushee(m): 6:37pm On Feb 04, 2022
freddieking:
I will be very consise and I will entertain few questions
I applied for free to Ruhr University bochum and I got admission for a masters course in cognitive science on the 1st of September 2020.
Applied for visa interview under category B
I blocked my account October 9 2020
Started online courses October 15 2021
Followed up closely, did exams and assignments and gathered some credit points.
Paid every semester fee 345€ per semester
I waited and waited and in that time I could count like 10 people who tried to scam me.
I read so many discouraging things here. People here that talk the most have no experience and they are often wrong.
April 2021  came and the reset happened, I reapplied but something kept telling me this wasn't the way I was gonna get visa.
I prayed, I broke chains of limitations, I fasted, I held on to my belief and one day it occurred to me to mail my course director and talk to him about it. I spoke with him and he made it clear that they cannot influence the embassy. Before we ended the zoom call I pitched the idea that if I had a scholarship it would change my status and I will be given priority status. That moment he told me that there's a scholarship fund for international students due to covid. He asked me to check if I'm eligible, long story short I applied with the following documents
Transcript (featuring credit points I gathered from online classes)
Motivation letter (might share this later)
And recommendation from a lecturer (did well in a few courses so that wasn't so difficult. I just mailed the professor and introduced myself and remembered me)

First week of October I received the scholarship letter.
Switched to category A and interview was for 25th of October

Interview day I got there and met a guy in the compound Mr Tony and he helped my arrange and photocopy all the necessary documents. He seemed to be an expert at this german student waka. I will drop his number on request.
Got to the embassy gate, net paulinus who was being very curt with everyone but when it got to me, he just seemed to mellow down and since I didn't make any silly mistakes with my documents there was no need for animosity.

Visa interview was very straightforward.
In the waiting room there are paintings, stand up and look at them, they have all the 16 German states but if you don't look closely you won't see it.  I stood up to drink water from the dispenser and took a closer look.

Interview questions
What do you know about German politics ?
What do you know about its economy ?
What do you know of its Geography?
What was your research project on?
Why Germany?
Can you speak the language (a plain no is fine. Don't lie sorry sat a little).
While she was asking these questions she was taking my information and we were doing biometrics so you just have to keep talking even if she isn't looking at you.

Dec 5 AM
Dec 17 visum

3 tips
Stick to your online school if you can
Pray
Keep getting more accurate information and don't be discouraged by naysayers.

Hi bro, is it advisable going for a second masters in another field in Germany? I'll like to know how this would be viewed by the VO, and how easy is it to get admitted for such programs?

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by heybaby12(f): 7:28pm On Feb 04, 2022
Evalsam92:

Ok so I will just explain to d visa officer the situation on ground, the interview will still be carried out right?
In the past that was fine, because you are given time to bring missing documents.
But I honestly don't know how things are now?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nzealibaba: 8:34pm On Feb 04, 2022
So I just got appointment for category B.. after applying for the third time.. my issue is that the blocked account money is no longer ready now . And the interview date is 28th of this month .. should I cancel or go like that

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by roseisy: 9:02pm On Feb 04, 2022
Please what category are you A or B
peteviz:
Someone posted this a while back

Seasons greetings from a grateful heart

Admission letter 8/9/2019
Deferred and got a new one on the 1/10/2020

Booked for appointment date and canceled several times

Booked appointment again 5th of April 2021

Got a mail for appointment date 19/10/2021

Appointment date 3/11/2021 for 9am

I was at the embassy as early as 6.50am got all documents checked met only few people that day.
My interview started at 7.45am... Note I did not even know I had started my interview.
interview finished at 8am
My passport was retained though I was given the option if I wanted to go back with it.

Got A.M... 6/12/2021
Visum...... 14/12/2021

Spent Christmas with my family got to germany on 3/01/2022
interview questions
vo: Why are you here?
ME: .......
vo: Name of school?
ME: University of Göttingen
vo: course
ME: ........
vo: Undergraduate thesis?
ME: .......
vo: What you know about germany politically, economically etc.
ME: I stated that germany has the biggest cathedral in the world
vo: where is the cathedral located and what is the name
ME: I don't know sir, and I don't want to guess... V.O starts laughing
vo: any questions
ME: No sir
vo: do you want to go back with your passport
ME: No sir, when u stamp it send it to me.
vo: what if it's not stamped
ME: I will still give God the glory

Thank God it ended in praise.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by roseisy: 9:05pm On Feb 04, 2022
Please when did you send your application.
Is it that block account isn't needed for visa application?
Pls I need help here.
Spiff006:
Good afternoon everyone, I hope the day is going well.
I just got an appointment under category B, and the date is on the 9th of this month but I don't have any proof of funds. Please, if you know anyone that can help me with a sponsorship letter, I will be grateful please. Any assistance is highly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by roseisy: 9:08pm On Feb 04, 2022
Congratulations
Pls when did you send in your last application
Nzealibaba:
So I just got appointment for category B.. after applying for the third time.. my issue is that the blocked account money is no longer ready now . And the interview date is 28th of this month .. should I cancel or go like that
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nzealibaba: 9:18pm On Feb 04, 2022
roseisy:
Congratulations
Pls when did you send in your last application
september. Started applying in 2020

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by roseisy: 9:21pm On Feb 04, 2022
Congratulations
Pls when did you make your last application
Nzealibaba:
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by roseisy: 9:22pm On Feb 04, 2022
Wow! 2years cry cry
Nzealibaba:
september. Started applying in 2020
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by IanKirkby(m): 9:51pm On Feb 04, 2022
brown1234:

Please when do you do your booking and how long does it take you

Follow this link https://service2.diplo.de/rktermin/extern/choose_realmList.do;jsessionid=84FF6B69B96A14DDBDB9E10B96967C83?request_locale=de&locationCode=lago
and click on continue when you're done reading

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by IanKirkby(m): 10:03pm On Feb 04, 2022
adekunletosin:
My appointment is 11th... Someone in Germany wants to help. me with blocked account funding. He charged me 3750€ to be paid upfront.
Is this ok.? Can I go with this transaction?

what's the payment for? charges to help you open a block account? that's a rip-off. Isn't that more than one-third of the total balance you're supposed to have in that account? That's a NO for me.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by IanKirkby(m): 10:35pm On Feb 04, 2022
I had an interview at the German embassy first day of this month, I have some pointers to share

1. Print the appointment email. That mail that said you had an appointment in so so date. Without it, you're going nowhere.

2. Print everything you need before coming, it's massive extortion there. I met a guy who printed his documents for 64k, he told me colored printing is 3k, 30k for filling of the visa application form.

3. Go with a face mask.

4. The moment you queue up switch off your phone.

5. The time specified on your appointment is never followed, it's first come first serve. My appointment was at 8 AM, I was attended to at 2 PM despite the fact that I got there at 7:32 AM. If you can get there by 6 am please do, some people will literally sleep there.

6. Arrange your document in such a way that the original is at the top and copies at the bottom. For example, if you were to submit WAEC and Primary School Certificate; put original WAEC at the top, copies at the bottom, followed by Primary School Certificate original at the top, copies at the bottom. Do this for all your document.

7. If you're paying 75 Euros it's #35,500; no more, no less. You will have to look for change if you don't have the exact amount.

8. Your phone will be collected when you're told to go to the visa section. You'll be given a key to the locker your phone is being kept.

9. Be mentally prepared. If you go there late you're going to stand a lot before you get called to check your documents if it's complete after which when you get inside you will sit waiting for your turn.

10. When you get inside the waiting area of the visa application section the securities there might approach you to pay a token so they can accelerate your interview. This one is on you, it's your decision. I was approached.

11. When you're done with your interview they'll still approach you to drop something for them. Your decision here too.

12. When you're done with your interview and on your way out, those securities that collected your phone will still approach you to drop something for them.

Word of caution:

On your way to the embassy, the touts there will do everything to steal from you, don't listen to them. Don't even stand for a second to listen to what they have to say. One of them told me to drop my phone somewhere, and come and pick after my interview, please don't do it.

PS: I can't answer questions regarding student visa, went there for a work permit

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by JB01(m): 1:16am On Feb 05, 2022
Please, how can I legalize my certificates?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by adekunletosin(m): 1:18am On Feb 05, 2022
Thank you noted...

IanKirkby:
I had an interview at the German embassy first day of this month, I have some pointers to share

1. Print the appointment email. That mail that said you had an appointment in so so date. Without it, you're going nowhere.

2. Print everything you need before coming, it's massive extortion there. I met a guy who printed his documents for 64k, he told me colored printing is 3k, 30k for filling of the visa application form.

3. Go with a face mask.

5. The time specified on your appointment is never followed, it's first come first serve. My appointment was at 8 AM, I was attended to at 2 PM despite the fact that I got there at 7:32 AM. If you can get there by 6 am please do, some people will literally sleep there.

6. Arrange your document in such a way that the original is at the top and copies at the bottom. For example, if you were to submit WAEC and Primary School Certificate; put original WAEC at the top, copies at the bottom, followed by Primary School Certificate original at the top, copies at the bottom. Do this for all your document.

7. If you're paying 75 Euros it's #35,500; no more, no less. You will have to look for change if you don't have the exact amount.

8. Your phone will be collected when you're told to go to the visa section. You'll be given a key to the locker your phone is being kept.

9. Be mentally prepared. If you go there late you're going to stand a lot before you get called to check your documents if it's complete after which when you get inside you will sit waiting for your turn.

10. When you get inside the waiting area of the visa application section the securities there might approach you to pay a token so they can accelerate your interview. This one is on you, it's your decision. I was approached.

11. When you're done with your interview they'll still approach you to drop something for them. Your decision here too.

12. When you're done with your interview and on your way out, those securities that collected your phone will still approach you to drop something for them.

Word of caution:

On your way to the embassy, the touts there will do everything to steal from you, don't listen to them. Don't even stand for a second to listen to what they have to say. One of them told me to drop my phone somewhere, and come and pick after my interview, please don't do it.

PS: I can't answer questions regarding student visa, went there for a work permit

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Engrkia1703: 8:36am On Feb 05, 2022
(1)Know more about Germany, Politically, economically and financially, during mine, When I was talking about the Politics of Germany, and I mentioned Angela Merkel, the year she assumed office, the madam asked me the name of the person that was there b4 her, I told her, "I don't know" she just laughed and told me to continue. Please any question asked and u don't have an idea, or you are not sure of ur answer, Just answer with honesty, don't try to manipulate things.
(2) Get some facts about the city u are going to, the school and your course very important, if you are going for master program, your undergraduate project title would be asked. she would definitely ask u about it and type it down.
(3) Why are u going for this course, is it not offered in Nigeria, why did you choose Germany, why not the USA, Uk or Canada?
(4)I was also given a written test, questions related to my course(MSc in Physics)( simple Physics questions, maths questions, and one question like what is subject combination for a Mechanical engineering course). While I was answering the written questions she continued with the oral interview. she would definitely mark the written questions in ur presence and attach it to ur submitted documents.
(5) What is your plan after your studies? I was also asked if i have anybody in Germany if I have ever applied for any Schengen country visa before.
These are all I could remember for now. Which u all the best.
adekunletosin1:
hello house, got an appointment interview on 11th February...

preparing for the interview .. going to Geog-august-universitat gottingen...

Pleae what do i ned to know. Anything that can help me for the interview.

Helpful Link on this trend...

thank you...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Engrkia1703: 9:00am On Feb 05, 2022
Go with whatever document u have, during mine, I was unable to go with the blocking confirmation. Though the interview was not conducted but I was told to send a mail to the embassy with d blocking confirmation document when I have it and also ref my appointment reference number in my email. I did exactly and I was given another appointment date slated for a month after(14/10/201 first and 15/11/2021new)
Evalsam92:

Ok so I will just explain to d visa officer the situation on the ground, the interview will still be carried out right?

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by abycash: 11:09am On Feb 05, 2022
Good morning,

Please I haven’t been able to fund my blocked account because i got a mail yesterday and my appointment is 9th feb.

Do you think they would listen to me if I explain to them at d interview that i cldnt get a full confirmation from fitinba on time because the embassy gave me a really short notice Or Should I reschedule?

Secondly, even if i eventually go,can i switch from blocked account to SL after my interview.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 05, 2022
IanKirkby:

3. Go with a face mask.

Word of caution:

Hello, let's chat for a but, just sent you an email
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Bavkk: 11:46am On Feb 05, 2022
Talc001:

Thanks for your response, one more question bro. The school I got admission is demanding for health insurance as part of its enrolment documents, please can I use the health insurance from fintiba plus? I have no health insurance at all

Yes heath insurance from Finita is a good one and it is accepted.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by IanKirkby(m): 11:54am On Feb 05, 2022
nameundisclosed:

Hello, let's chat for a bit, just sent you an email

I just replied.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Spiff006: 12:28pm On Feb 05, 2022
abycash:
Good morning,

Please I haven’t been able to fund my blocked account because i got a mail yesterday and my appointment is 9th feb.

Do you think they would listen to me if I explain to them at d interview that i cldnt get a full confirmation from fitinba on time because the embassy gave me a really short notice Or Should I reschedule?

Secondly, even if i eventually go,can i switch from blocked account to SL after my interview.
My date is also on the 9th (short notice), and I have got no proof of funds yet. I intend going with just the account opening form. I pray they don't have issues with it.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by LetsTravel: 3:47pm On Feb 05, 2022
Hey guys, i have a werkstudent in Berlin and I am looking for a lead in Berlin to getting a WG or studio. If you’ve got someone subletting of you have any leads at all please let me know. I really really need a place.

Also please Nigerian students living in Berlin, I’d like to be added to the group chat, if anyone is in there please quote this message so I can contact you.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by abycash: 4:22pm On Feb 05, 2022
Please I need advise here.
What if i wanna use SL but I can’t get the original copy till Friday and my interview is on Wednesday.

Is it possible to get the scanned copy of the SL amd take it as a proof to the embassy pending when i’ll get the original on Friday and send it to them
OR
i shld just go with blocked account opening form and tell them i had a short notice which is why i couldn’t get full confirmation of funds.

Which of the option is safer?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ancrath: 5:04pm On Feb 05, 2022
Hey Abycash. I got admission to OTH summer 2022 as well. Let's connect.

abycash:
Good afternoon everyone,

I got admission to OTH for summer 2022 and the school sent me a visa letter addressed to the embassy telling them I'm needed in person and they should facilitate my visa process asap.

I have sent this letter to the consulate's email address shared on this platform since Monday but I'm yet to get a response. I called them this morning and the lady I spoke to told me my visa letter doesn't make me special , she was like is my appointment over a year now??and I should wait till whenever I get appointment date which would be over a year as stated.

please, I would like to know if anyone has experienced this before and is my visa letter addressed to the embassy from my school irrelevant?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Irene150: 6:26pm On Feb 05, 2022
Hello everyone, please i would like to ask if its possible to book an appointment while waiting for an admission in order to beat the one year waiting time for AD. Any experience with this please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (709) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: Redcup(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.