Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (594) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1113938 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (710) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daviesblaze(m): 1:49pm On Feb 19, 2023
Muzansama:
Yeah but it's like a receipt right?
yes

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Muzansama: 3:52pm On Feb 19, 2023
Please are there any telegram or whatsapp groups?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 8:12pm On Feb 19, 2023
JulieChan:
Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me how to convert my German university transcript into English before sending it to wes in Canada.
I don't know how to get this done as Wes only accepts official transcripts directly from the university.

Regards

Google official translation near you
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ozonaija(m): 9:15am On Feb 20, 2023
Good day House, please who has gotten an appointment recently? Notify the house to help us keep track of progress.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 20, 2023
Still waiting for an appointment date hopefully this week.

Application date Jan 20th, 2022
Cat B
MSc

ozonaija:
Good day House, please who has gotten an appointment recently? Notify the house to help us keep track of progress.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by John854: 12:10pm On Feb 20, 2023
somto234567:

Cat B
MSc

by God's grace you will get this friday please share when it comes. God bless!
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by sowetto(m): 1:05pm On Feb 20, 2023
CooKeed:

Now sounds like the perfect time to apply.
However, nothing is guaranteed. I'd say have a backup plan.

In addition, ensure that you have a valid admission at all times. If you get an interview invite but have no valid admission, you will have waited in vain. It may be wise to target schools that defer admission and schools that allow you to start both in winter and summer semesters.

And even if April 2024 is your desired start date, if you meet the admission requirements, then you should apply for winter 2023.

All the best.

Thanks for your response. If a person doesn't get an appointment for the semester they applied, will they need to reply for a new appointment for the next semester or will they remain on the queue?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kingju: 1:57pm On Feb 20, 2023
Please if I have dropped out from uni but have my transcript, can I use that and my Waec as a means to apply for bsc in Germany?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Excel221: 2:36pm On Feb 20, 2023
Kingju:
Please if I have dropped out from uni but have my transcript, can I use that and my Waec as a means to apply for bsc in Germany?

Yes you can
I have a friend who did the same thing
But she didn’t bother using her uni transcript
She only applied using her WAEC
But it depends if your school requests for the transcript
But to be on a safer side,submit both.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by filcast(m): 5:22pm On Feb 20, 2023
Hello House,
Is English Language Proficiency tests required for Masters degree applicants from Nigeria?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Waposh(m): 6:26pm On Feb 20, 2023
filcast:
Hello House,
Is English Language Proficiency tests required for Masters degree applicants from Nigeria?
No its not for most German public schools, however what you will be submitting is an English proficiency letter collected from the uni you finished here in Nigeria, can be collected from the school registrar or one of your lecturers depending on you.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Waposh(m): 6:28pm On Feb 20, 2023
somto234567:

Cat B
MSc

Pls get us posted when your AD eventually drops, wishing you all the best
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Waposh(m): 6:34pm On Feb 20, 2023
Muzansama:
What is difference between first semester and higher semester in germany?
After the first semester of a university course, all subsequent semesters are to be considered β€œhigher semestersβ€œ. If you have already attained academic achievements in Germany or abroad, you can apply for a higher semester if not then you are applying for first semester.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by CooKeed(m): 8:06pm On Feb 20, 2023
sowetto:

Thanks for your response. If a person doesn't get an appointment for the semester they applied, will they need to reply for a new appointment for the next semester or will they remain on the queue?

You will remain on the queue. That's the situation as of now. I don't know if they will change it.

You can choose april 2024 as your start date for visa. I'm just saying you could also get an admission for winter 2023. The reason is that summer admission period is usually short. And you could get visa interview invite before you are issued admission letter. The idea is to always have a valid admission at hand.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by sowetto(m): 9:11am On Feb 21, 2023
CooKeed:

You will remain on the queue. That's the situation as of now. I don't know if they will change it.

You can choose april 2024 as your start date for visa. I'm just saying you could also get an admission for winter 2023. The reason is that summer admission period is usually short. And you could get visa interview invite before you are issued admission letter. The idea is to always have a valid admission at hand.

Thanks a lot. Can someone book an appointment for Bachelor degree and use that appointment to apply for a Masters degree and vice versa?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by CooKeed(m): 9:26am On Feb 21, 2023
sowetto:

Thanks a lot. Can someone book an appointment for Bachelor degree and use that appointment to apply for a Masters degree and vice versa?

Not sure about this, but the answer is most likely no.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dennison4luv: 1:01pm On Feb 21, 2023
sowetto:

When you are booking for appointment there is no place to indicate if you are going for BSC or MSC. So your appointment can be use for both Bsc and Msc
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Waposh(m): 4:04pm On Feb 21, 2023
dennison4luv:

When you are booking for appointment there is no place to indicate if you are going for BSC or MSC. So your appointment can be use for both Bsc and Msc
Actually there is, there is a place that would be indicated if you are applying for BSc, MSc or PhD.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kingju: 4:23pm On Feb 21, 2023
Excel221:

Yes you can
I have a friend who did the same thing
But she didn’t bother using her uni transcript
She only applied using her WAEC
But it depends if your school requests for the transcript
But to be on a safer side,submit both.

OK, thank you. Let me try
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dennison4luv: 4:52pm On Feb 21, 2023
Waposh:

Actually there is, there is a place that would be indicated if you are applying for BSc, MSc or PhD.

It means the booking page of Ghana and Senegal are different with that of Nigeria.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ozonaija(m): 6:15am On Feb 22, 2023
somto234567:

Cat B
MSc

Congratulations in advance. All the best
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Eudes(m): 1:10pm On Feb 22, 2023
From my research so far, all the schools I saw require IELT and GRE for Masters in Science and Engineering courses.

Please can someone get admission for Masters program into any of these fields in Germany without IELT and GRE?

If yes, please can you list some of the schools πŸ™
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 7:57pm On Feb 22, 2023
Eudes:
From my research so far, all the schools I saw require IELT and GRE for Masters in Science and Engineering courses.

Please can someone get admission for Masters program into any of these fields in Germany without IELT and GRE?

If yes, please can you list some of the schools πŸ™

Yes but do your research. Its pretty easy yet difficult.

Use uniassist
Use daad.de

If nothing works, Google the public Universities list in Germany.
Carefully, visit one after the other's website and look up their requirements.

Painstaking? Yes, do it.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Priwillo: 8:52pm On Feb 22, 2023
Finally had my interview in Ghana today,and all I can say is,na so Dem dey do for hereπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

Interview just took 5mins with basic questions ,I had to ask the VO if we were done sefπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

My humble advice to guys that have admission and either sl or fully funded block account and that hasn't book appointment for a one year waiting period to try other African countries ASAP.you will be glad you did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Excel221: 11:25pm On Feb 22, 2023
Priwillo:
Finally had my interview in Ghana today,and all I can say is,na so Dem dey do for hereπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

Interview just took 5mins with basic questions ,I had to ask the VO if we were done sefπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

My humble advice to guys that have admission and either sl or fully funded block account and that hasn't book appointment for a one year waiting period to try other African countries ASAP.you will be glad you did.

When did you book appointment in Ghana and how long did it take for you to be given a date?πŸ™
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Priwillo: 8:57am On Feb 23, 2023
Excel221:

When did you book appointment in Ghana and how long did it take for you to be given a date?πŸ™
first time I booked on the 21dec ,and I got date immediately because unlike like naija,you can choose your date ,cancelled because I couldn't get Sl,called the embassy on Feb 17th as soon as my sl arrived to reschedule and I was given 22nd of Feb to come for interview.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by megaxart(m): 9:49am On Feb 23, 2023
Priwillo:
first time I booked on the 21dec ,and I got date immediately because unlike like naija,you can choose your date ,cancelled because I couldn't get Sl,called the embassy on Feb 17th as soon as my sl arrived to reschedule and I was given 22nd of Feb to come for interview.

Did you need the residence permit and did you have to stay there for 6 months?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daewoo2010: 9:56am On Feb 23, 2023
Are you a student in Ghana and Did you have to present a recommendation letter from the school alongside your resident permit?
Priwillo:
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kizzygentle: 5:52pm On Feb 23, 2023
Immacharles:
yes
Is it for winter?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Priwillo: 6:06pm On Feb 23, 2023
megaxart:

Did you need the residence permit and did you have to stay there for 6 months?
nope,last week was my first time in Ghana actually.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Priwillo: 6:10pm On Feb 23, 2023
daewoo2010:
Are you a student in Ghana and Did you have to present a recommendation letter from the school alongside your resident permit?
no,I am not a student in Ghana,you know that saying ,a friend of a friend knows someone? Na wetin happen to me be that. smiley ,And the most interesting thing Is Ghana process takes less than four weeks to recieve approval mail. I know this because my friend that also went through this route just got his visa last week,and it took just two weeks after interview.

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (710) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.