Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (591) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1108463 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) ... (708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by elayomohammed(m): 8:24pm On Feb 10, 2023
Hello everyone, greetings smiley
Can anyone please point me to where I can get a presentable document Explaining the Grading System in Nigerian universities? I applied for admission at HTW Berlin, during the application I attach a simple explanation of our grading system but I received a mail from the school with the title 'missing documents' and I'm asked to reply with an 'Explanation of the Grading System'. I need urgent assistance please!
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by iListen(f): 9:08pm On Feb 10, 2023
justt:

Well, not really.
The security guys were the ones trying to cause confusion. They said I must have the amount with me even if it will eventually be returned because I already told them I was on scholarship.

Actually, I tried to go with the amount but the lack of new notes couldn't allow. When they told me I must have the cash with me, I tried to get 30k from POS but the guys said he was going to deduct 10k as his charges!

I just went back to the Embassy to see how things would play out and fortunately, I was eventually allowed in. However, another guy who wasn't with the cash was turned back in my presence although I'm not sure what he was applying for and if he has any scholarship.

Are you also an AvH Fellow?

Wow, thank you for the detailed response. Yes I'm an AvH fellow but I doubt I'll be at the introductory day event due to this appointment date issue. Fingers crossed though.

The fee is 30k in naira?

Fingers crossed for you too...I hope you get a response in good time.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 10:18pm On Feb 10, 2023
elayomohammed:
Can anyone please point me to where I can get a presentable document Explaining the Grading System in Nigerian universities? I applied for admission at HTW Berlin, during the application I attach a simple explanation of our grading system but I received a mail from the school with the title 'missing documents' and I'm asked to reply with an 'Explanation of the Grading System'. I need urgent assistance please!

Contact your university's registrar office/exams and records to provide this explanation.

It informs how your grades were calculated E.g.
A=70-100
B= 60-69
C = 50-59

Then explains the CGPA system
Maximum point =5
Minimum point 1.0

Graduating class classification
4.5-5.0 First class
<1.00 Fail

This information is also on your University handbook and ONLY provide the information handbook as at when you were admitted and/or graduated.

In many universities e.g OAU and UNIBEN, this information is present on the back of the transcript.

If you graduated from DELSU, I may be able to help fast track it.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daewoo2010: 11:46pm On Feb 10, 2023
Please how did you get the express service?
justt:

Updates
I really enjoyed 'super-fast' express service. I received my passport today with the visa. The visa was approved yesterday meaning it only took 2 days!
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by justt: 1:34am On Feb 11, 2023
iListen:

Wow, thank you for the detailed response. Yes I'm an AvH fellow but I doubt I'll be at the introductory day event due to this appointment date issue. Fingers crossed though.

The fee is 30k in naira?

Fingers crossed for you too...I hope you get a response in good time.

When did you book your appointment? I got mine within three days. Have you checked your spam folder?

The security guys asked all the applicants if they were with up to 35k so I guess the visa fee shouldn't be more than that in naira.

I already got a favorable response! I have my visa approved now.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by justt: 1:37am On Feb 11, 2023
daewoo2010:
Please how did you get the express service?

I didn't do anything to fast track the application. However, it appears the Embassy gives priority to certain group of applicants that, fortunately, I belonged to.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by iListen(f): 8:06am On Feb 11, 2023
justt:

When did you book your appointment? I got mine within three days. Have you checked your spam folder?

The security guys asked all the applicants if they were with up to 35k so I guess the visa fee shouldn't be more than that in naira.

I already got a favorable response! I have my visa approved now.

Woooow... congratulations! I also got an appointment date yesterday for March. I applied Feb. 4th.

How will you get your passport? Were you asked to pay for DHL or it's pick up?

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by justt: 11:10am On Feb 11, 2023
iListen:

Woooow... congratulations! I also got an appointment date yesterday for March. I applied Feb. 4th.

Your booking and appointment dates are quite wide apart! Mine was just three days. Maybe mine was so fast because my departure date is fast approaching. My language training starts on March 6 and I should be there some days earlier.

I have my passport with me already. Yes, I paid for DHL. It appears the option of pick up is not available.

How do you guys book pocket-friendly flight to Germany? The quotes from Lufthansa are really expensive!
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by iListen(f): 12:08pm On Feb 11, 2023
justt:

Your booking and appointment dates are quite wide apart! Mine was just three days. Maybe mine was so fast because my departure date is fast approaching. My language training starts on March 6 and I should be there some days earlier.

I have my passport with me already. Yes, I paid for DHL. It appears the option of pick up is not available.

How do you guys book pocket-friendly flight to Germany? The quotes from Lufthansa are really expensive!

Lol...six days gap isn't wide apart compared to what I've been seeing in this travel section .

Thank you for the heads-up on the DHL. I'm looking forward to seeing/learning how you solve the high flight fare issue. Safe trip!

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 12:45pm On Feb 11, 2023
justt:

Search using lastminute.de and Google flight search. You should book for a one way or book a 2 way flight with insurance for flexible flight dates change.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by elayomohammed(m): 3:58pm On Feb 11, 2023
MrAAA2:

Contact your university's registrar office/exams and records to provide this explanation.

It informs how your grades were calculated E.g.
A=70-100
B= 60-69
C = 50-59

Then explains the CGPA system
Maximum point =5
Minimum point 1.0

Graduating class classification
4.5-5.0 First class
<1.00 Fail

This information is also on your University handbook and ONLY provide the information handbook as at when you were admitted and/or graduated.

In many universities e.g OAU and UNIBEN, this information is present on the back of the transcript.

If you graduated from DELSU, I may be able to help fast track it.
Thanks for the explanation smiley
So tentatively I will have to request this from my University, for my mind I'm done and dusted with any request to that school.

No sor, I did not graduate from DELSU.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by CooKeed(m): 8:38am On Feb 12, 2023
elayomohammed:

Your uni in Nigeria should have that. It's usually in the Faculty handbook that you receive upon matriculation. Many schools also have it as pdf on their website. So check your uni's website. It contains details of the grading system and description of the courses.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by flange: 10:50pm On Feb 12, 2023
Hey guys, What kind of test questions can one expect at the interview for Msc program. For instance environmental engineering
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by xteem001(m): 11:26pm On Feb 12, 2023
I also applied for bsc at htw berlin for international business studies but was sent a message that i needed to submit English proficiency certificate knowing fully well that in their website it wasnt required seems your certificate from your former sch are English language
elayomohammed:
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by AdepekoVincent: 5:30am On Feb 13, 2023
Hello everyone, greetings
Please, do the embassy accept cashless payment for the visa fee due to scarcity naira at period
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 6:56am On Feb 13, 2023
AdepekoVincent:
Please, do the embassy accept cashless payment for the visa fee due to scarcity naira at period

I doubt... All embassies seem to take cash only in exact amount!
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daviesblaze(m): 7:21am On Feb 13, 2023
AdepekoVincent:
No just cash. Look for abokis that exchanges dollars, they have.

How long did you had to wait for your appointment?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by elayomohammed(m): 9:05am On Feb 13, 2023
CooKeed:

Your uni in Nigeria should have that. It's usually in the Faculty handbook that you receive upon matriculation. Many schools also have it as pdf on their website. So check your uni's website. It contains details of the grading system and description of the courses.
Alright, thanks for the heads-up, I will visit the website and find it there.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by elayomohammed(m): 9:07am On Feb 13, 2023
xteem001:
I also applied for bsc at htw berlin for international business studies but was sent a message that i needed to submit English proficiency certificate knowing fully well that in their website it wasnt required seems your certificate from your former sch are English language

Hello sir, how do you mean by my certificate from former sch are in English.

I actually got a letter from my school that serves as a Proof of English Language Proficiency.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by elayomohammed(m): 9:12am On Feb 13, 2023
Hello everyone, greetings. I live in Karu LGA, Nasarawa State. Recently I booked an appointment for Visa application. Two days later I got this email from the embassy.

”Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email. Please be informed that the German Consulate General in Lagos is responsible for all visa applications for study purposes.

You can find all information on the application process on our website: https://nigeria.diplo.de/ng-en/service/visa/student-research-and-language-course-visa/1015536.

Yours sincerely,”

Meanwhile from the embassy's website, it states clearly that I can apply through the embassy in Abuja.

Tentatively, does this mean that I must have to apply through the consolate in Lagos?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by AdepekoVincent: 9:24am On Feb 13, 2023
daviesblaze:

No just cash. Look for abokis that exchanges dollars, they have.

How long did you had to wait for your appointment?

One year
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kizzygentle: 11:15am On Feb 13, 2023
AdepekoVincent:

One year
Is it bachelor or masters?
And did you have to resend them a mail reminding them about the AD
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 12:24pm On Feb 13, 2023
elayomohammed:
Hello everyone, greetings. I live in Karu LGA, Nasarawa State. Recently I booked an appointment for Visa application. Two days later I got this email from the embassy.

”Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email. Please be informed that the German Consulate General in Lagos is responsible for all visa applications for study purposes.

You can find all information on the application process on our website: https://nigeria.diplo.de/ng-en/service/visa/student-research-and-language-course-visa/1015536.

Yours sincerely,”

Meanwhile from the embassy's website, it states clearly that I can apply through the embassy in Abuja.

Tentatively, does this mean that I must have to apply through the consolate in Lagos?

If you read the website very carefully, you will notice that Abuja is responsible for ONLY CONSULAR Services, everything except for Visa purposes.

Lagos is responsible for visas.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 12:27pm On Feb 13, 2023
elayomohammed:

I actually got a letter from my school that serves as a Proof of English Language Proficiency.

I guess he meant if your certificate is in English meaning that your language of instruction was in English.

Germany will not issue me an English written certificate if my study was in German, then, I will need a translation or apostille

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by jadenj(m): 1:34pm On Feb 13, 2023
Hello guys, Please I need clarification on something.
I got my degree 21st Novermber 2019 (1st Class). Do you think I qualify for Cat A or did i just miss out?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by AdepekoVincent: 2:07pm On Feb 13, 2023
Kizzygentle:

Is it bachelor or masters?
And did you have to resend them a mail reminding them about the AD

Masters
No
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by AdepekoVincent: 2:12pm On Feb 13, 2023
Hello guys, pls, are they going to collect old naira at the embassy for this week's interview?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kratos14: 2:39pm On Feb 13, 2023
How much is the visa fee in Naira for study visa ?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by xteem001(m): 3:11pm On Feb 13, 2023
I also did the same i collected clarification from my fomer school, i wanted to switch from mass communication HND to international busines studies BSc..but was later told that my former cause don't relate with the new one
elayomohammed:

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by justt: 3:32pm On Feb 13, 2023
iListen:

Hi, I guess this may be of help as you prepare for your appointment. Ensure you go with the following essential documents in addition to other required ones:

1. Hosting agreement. This is different from the award letter. You can download it and send to your host to fill, sign and stamp

2. If you will be participating in language training, print out the email information indicating your stipend details during the period.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by iListen(f): 4:16pm On Feb 13, 2023
justt:

Hi, I guess this may be of help as you prepare for your appointment. Ensure you go with the following essential documents in addition to other required ones:

1. Hosting agreement. This is different from the award letter. You can download it and send to your host to fill, sign and stamp

2. If you will be participating in language training, print out the email information indicating your stipend details during the period.

Good luck!

Thank you very much. The hosting agreement isn't a 'downloadable' form from the link sent to me.

Where did you download yours from please and how did you do the prepaid return envelope?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 4:41pm On Feb 13, 2023
iListen:

Thank you very much. The hosting agreement isn't a 'downloadable' form from the link sent to me.

Where did you download yours from please and how did you do the prepaid return envelope?

Open the link and Ctrl + P will make it printable or save it as .pdf.

(1) (2) (3) ... (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) ... (708) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: WpressBeginner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.