Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:43 AM

Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital (43458 Views)

Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation / Another Conjoined Twins Separated In ATBUTH Bauchi (Graphic Pics) / Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by Geekamon(m): 3:46pm On Jan 09, 2020
Wow! I'm glad I asked. I have learnt something new today
dominique:

The liver cells regenerates when cut. Within a short time, each twin's half liver would have grown into normal sized liver. No other organ can do this.
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by Geekamon(m): 3:46pm On Jan 09, 2020
Thanks man.
Peterblack:
the liver is an organ that regenerates, I think it will be shared between them as they grow individually their liver grows to maturity
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by Geekamon(m): 3:47pm On Jan 09, 2020
Interesting. Thanks
funmisticqueen:
the liver can easily regenerate especially as they are young.
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by Bbbwings: 3:50pm On Jan 09, 2020
Flygeriansteve:
This is fantastic news! Kudos to the professor.

It further shows that our politicians do not need all the medical tourism they go on.

If we can separate conjoined twins here, why will you travel abroad because your ear is paining you?!

Fixed
zombie always afraid of saying the truth
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by Deejaygold(m): 3:52pm On Jan 09, 2020
So Buhari will still prefer this hospital to the UK own abi?
God dey
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by Texty: 4:26pm On Jan 09, 2020
Amanee:

They divided the liver into two

The liver is the only human organ capable or regeneration. So if they split it into two for the two children, it can still function well
Thanx a lot for the information guess
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by GogetterMD(m): 4:32pm On Jan 09, 2020
It's a shame that the pioneer of the separation of siamese twins in Nigeria, late Emeritus Professor Bankole of paediatric surgery wasn't given a worthy mention
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by Abcruz(m): 4:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
Aladegba:
It's not a matter of let somebody shout hallelujah. They said those twins shared one kidney ABI liver? Wetin the other one go dey use now? ABI govt don dey produce human spare parts ni? Or I'm I the only dullard here?

The liver has an enormous regenerative capacity i.e if half of it is cut and shared to both of them, within a period of 8 months or less, it will grow back as a full organ in their system.
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by Sniper101(m): 6:07pm On Jan 09, 2020
Quick Question...

twins wey dey join together, how Dem take dey come out from woman pvssy ?

Are they pushed out at the same time
Or What undecided
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by DelilahMakinde(f): 7:10pm On Jan 09, 2020
Texty:
One question though which of them now took the liver and what liver is the other one having

I read the liver is a self regenerative organ.
Leave each one a small piece and it will continue to grow till adulthood.
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by Theenchanter2: 7:57pm On Jan 09, 2020
Sniper101:
Quick Question...

twins wey dey join together, how Dem take dey come out from woman pvssy ?

Are they pushed out at the same time
Or What undecided
maybe CS.
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by COMPENGRFRANK(m): 7:59pm On Jan 09, 2020
TO GOD BE THE GLORY
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by COMPENGRFRANK(m): 8:01pm On Jan 09, 2020
sLentlover7778:
Nigeria, one day I know say you go make me proud..

But I was determined to never give up when the embassy say I shouldn't apply for Canadian visa again. Now I can join my brother papilo and say.. it's in you.. grin grin grin
ITS IN US BRO
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by SexytorresE(f): 10:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
Why not church? angry Weldon and good job to the doctors. Watch how some people will give the thanks or credit to sky God shocked it’s a pity
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by Digmygold: 12:28am On Jan 10, 2020
These are the kind of intellectuals we need in Naija right now not some pvssy brained old cargo who chased pvssy and Cougars all their lives and are now wailing here on Nairaland.

Ubunja how far nah?
Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by Nobody: 1:42am On Jan 10, 2020
Abcruz:

The liver has an enormous regenerative capacity i.e if half of it is cut and shared to both of them, within a period of 8 months or less, it will grow back as a full organ in their system.

Is that the reason why they ignored that side of the news and put me in delusional climate? cry

1 Like

Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by Nobody: 1:44am On Jan 10, 2020
Digmygold:
These are the kind of intellectuals we need in Naija right now not some pvssy brained old cargo who chased pvssy and Cougars all their lives and are now wailing here on Nairaland.

Ubunja how far nah?

E don do....the same way u are talking is the way Buhari started (Nigerian youths are lazy) and he became a symbol of hate for them. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital by babtunns(m): 9:53am On Jan 10, 2020
Great job... But wait o, 72 Doctor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Beijing Shuts Food Market And Goes Into 'wartime Emergency Mode' / Ghanaian Boy Born With His Organs Outside His Stomach (exomphalos) / Men’s Sex Organs Are Shrinking Because Of Phthalates Chemicals, Pollution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.