Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Help With Travel, Nigeria E-passport Issue - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help With Travel, Nigeria E-passport Issue (2555 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Taxi Driver Zoom Off With Travel Documents In Diera Market, Dubai. / Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Travel, Nigeria E-passport Issue by cruxifixo: 11:09am On Dec 04, 2010
Pls i need help. i think am in big trouble. i want to visit Nigeria in january 2011 and i have d old nigerian passport. i learnt the old passport use will end 31st of december. I rushed to book appointment for the new e-passport online and was SHOCKED when given an interview date of April, 2011. As it is, i have to move my journey back to december precisely next weekend and come back before 31st of December. The problem now is getting a travel ticket at reasonable and affordable price within the short time. PLEASE am looking for reliable, efficient and trustworthy TRAVEL AGENT in the UK who can help out. The review of some i got online were not encouraging and am scared losin money.Any advice and recommendation welcome.
Re: Help With Travel, Nigeria E-passport Issue by axeman85(m): 12:30pm On Dec 04, 2010
Dont rush yourself. the thing there is that, you will be able to travel to 9ja with the old passport BUT might not be able to come back with it. so while in 9ja you can do the new epassport comes out sometimes in 1week or 2weeks max dats if you go through an agent. i also have the old passport and i am travelling to 9ja in jan and thats wat i will be using BUT will do the new one while am dere.

visit this link and see justwise comment think he said its been extended to june or july 2011

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-561755.0.html#msg7264990
Re: Help With Travel, Nigeria E-passport Issue by justwise(m): 2:35pm On Dec 04, 2010
axeman85:

Dont rush yourself. the thing there is that, you will be able to travel to 9ja with the old passport BUT might not be able to come back with it. so while in 9ja you can do the new epassport comes out sometimes in 1week or 2weeks max dats if you go through an agent. i also have the old passport and i am travelling to 9ja in jan and thats wat i will be using BUT will do the new one while am dere.

visit this link and see[b] justwise comment think he said its been extended to june or july 2011[/b]
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-561755.0.html#msg7264990

Yes i read that here a week or two ago, somebody posted the link, and i also read it in one Nigerian newspaper.

Call the embassy for confirmation
Re: Help With Travel, Nigeria E-passport Issue by moonraker(m): 3:23pm On Dec 04, 2010
I called the embassy here!!! its has been extended to april 2011, will do mine earlier , this is causing me

too many nightmares!!!
Re: Help With Travel, Nigeria E-passport Issue by justwise(m): 3:25pm On Dec 04, 2010
moonraker:

I called the embassy here!!! its has been extended to april 2011, will do mine earlier , this is causing me

too many nightmares!!!

Thanks alot for clearing that up.
Re: Help With Travel, Nigeria E-passport Issue by cruxifixo: 1:52am On Dec 05, 2010
thanks guys for the comments. i learnt its bin moved to april, 2011. will travel in January as planned an book directly with the airline as i normally do. Many thanks.
Re: Help With Travel, Nigeria E-passport Issue by helloguys1: 2:45pm On Dec 27, 2010
hello guys thanks for the info here soo far, can someone please tell me if i will be allowed to travel to nigeria and back to the uk with my old passport which got renewed till 2013, few months ago, bacause am on a urgent business trip to nigeria, and wont have time to get the new one when in nigeria, and also my old passport( which was renewed till 2013) got my 4yrs work permit on it, does that mean i will be using two passports to travel?

(1) (Reply)

Tourist Visa To Spain / Description From Ota To Victoria Island / Traveling To Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.