Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,382 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

In United States Of America, This Is How Blacks Are Seen - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / In United States Of America, This Is How Blacks Are Seen (2500 Views)

MALL OF AMERICA: Beautiful Pictures From Inside The Biggest Mall In The USA / Nigerian Man Blasts Indians Over Maltreatment Of Blacks / My Cousin Has An Opportunity To Visit America. This Is His Only Problem. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In United States Of America, This Is How Blacks Are Seen by NairaLEARN: 12:02pm On May 26, 2020
USA, How The White Sees The Black In The United State and How Black Sees White In Africa

By Nairalearn

Black people in the United States have known racism since they were born, and they can see it from a distance, and often rally against someone who is amplifying racism and behind someone who is fighting it .

The Black people in Africa have experienced racism as well, although indirectly, but they think they have not.

The white people black people in Africa get to know are diplomats and tourists, or businesspeople who are making a lot of money and therefore, like diplomats and tourists, appear to be just nice, very nice.

While the Black people in Africa hardly see a white person go to a black person's house and assassinate them and claim they thought they were in their house, or another one jogging, and they eliminate them and say they thought he was a thief, or another one murdered while he's in the car with his girlfriend and complying with all their orders, or even another one running away, or chocked to death by the police while they are handcuffed.

And so the black person in Africa likes the white person, all the white people. Unlike the black person in the United States who will like the white person who is fighting for their cause, the black person in Africa likes all white people,

Democrats and Republicans alike. The policies by those people that affect them are not faraway ideas. It's just like living in Africa and you have never heard of the IMF and even when you have heard of it, it does not cross your mind that almost half of your country's money goes back there to service the debt.

And when I write daily about the IMF, it's almost like a waste of time. What you see is just your 'bad and corrupt' government official. You do not see the big picture.

Often, when those black people come to the United States and see black people here struggling to earn a living, they blame them.

They tend to blame the victims for being lazy, for being wrong. That distance, that view of the United States from cable news or little pieces of content or brief touristic visits where you focus only on the malls, the beautiful roads and your friends, makes it hard to grasp the full picture.

And so that may explain why while black people in America do not seem to back Donald Trump,

While black people in Africa love him. They say he's being tough. When he bans Africans from living in the United States, those black people say he's right.

When he is reported to refer to African nations as a shit-hole, those black people say he's the best and he is saying the truth

When he decides to pull U.S. Troop from Africa or decide no longer to fund the UN for peacekeeping missions in Africa, those black people say he's right, something must be wrong somewhere. It's just like the perpetrator and the victim. At some point, the victim begins to justify the behaviors by the perpetrator. To be continued.

From

[url=wwww.nairalearn.com]Nairalearn.com[/url]

4 Likes

Re: In United States Of America, This Is How Blacks Are Seen by traihit: 5:09pm On May 26, 2020
If only African countries would rise up and become an enviable place where Blacks in America would want to go and see their roots. Imagine Blacks who have face racism saying to themselves "Africa is as good as the US, why not go and see what it feels like to live among the people of your skin". But how can that happen when we're still here. Igbo vs Yoruba vs Hausa-Fulani vs Southsoutherners, black South Africans vs other nationalities from Africa especially Nigerians.

But to the rest of the world, if you're black, you're black and no one care how nuch of blackness you have.

3 Likes

Re: In United States Of America, This Is How Blacks Are Seen by NairaLEARN: 5:19pm On May 26, 2020
True talk

U made some points here
traihit:
If only African countries would rise up and become an enviable place where Blacks in America would want to go and see their roots. Imagine Blacks who have face racism saying to themselves "Africa is as good as the US, why not go and see what it feels like to live among the people of your skin". But how can that happen when we're still here. Igbo vs Yoruba vs Hausa-Fulani vs Southsoutherners, black South Africans vs other nationalities from Africa especially Nigerians.

But to the rest of the world, if you're black, you're black and no one care how nuch of blackness you have.
Re: In United States Of America, This Is How Blacks Are Seen by xcabczyxabczzzz: 5:35pm On May 26, 2020
traihit:

You don talk am finish,
Re: In United States Of America, This Is How Blacks Are Seen by Eaztzide: 5:57pm On May 26, 2020
NairaLEARN:
USA, How The White Sees The Black In The United State and How Black Sees White In Africa

By Nairalearn

Black people in the United States have known racism since they were born, and they can see it from a distance, and often rally against someone who is amplifying racism and behind someone who is fighting it .

The Black people in Africa have experienced racism as well, although indirectly, but they think they have not.

The white people black people in Africa get to know are diplomats and tourists, or businesspeople who are making a lot of money and therefore, like diplomats and tourists, appear to be just nice, very nice.

While the Black people in Africa hardly see a white person go to a black person's house and assassinate them and claim they thought they were in their house, or another one jogging, and they eliminate them and say they thought he was a thief, or another one murdered while he's in the car with his girlfriend and complying with all their orders, or even another one running away, or chocked to death by the police while they are handcuffed.

And so the black person in Africa likes the white person, all the white people. Unlike the black person in the United States who will like the white person who is fighting for their cause, the black person in Africa likes all white people,

Democrats and Republicans alike. The policies by those people that affect them are not faraway ideas. It's just like living in Africa and you have never heard of the IMF and even when you have heard of it, it does not cross your mind that almost half of your country's money goes back there to service the debt.

And when I write daily about the IMF, it's almost like a waste of time. What you see is just your 'bad and corrupt' government official. You do not see the big picture.

Often, when those black people come to the United States and see black people here struggling to earn a living, they blame them.

They tend to blame the victims for being lazy, for being wrong. That distance, that view of the United States from cable news or little pieces of content or brief touristic visits where you focus only on the malls, the beautiful roads and your friends, makes it hard to grasp the full picture.

And so that may explain why while black people in America do not seem to back Donald Trump,

While black people in Africa love him. They say he's being tough. When he bans Africans from living in the United States, those black people say he's right.

When he is reported to refer to African nations as a shit-hole, those black people say he's the best and he is saying the truth

When he decides to pull U.S. Troop from Africa or decide no longer to fund the UN for peacekeeping missions in Africa, those black people say he's right, something must be wrong somewhere. It's just like the perpetrator and the victim. At some point, the victim begins to justify the behaviors by the perpetrator. To be continued.

From

[url=wwww.nairalearn.com]Nairalearn.com[/url]
You were making sense until you decided to bring Donald Trump into this matter. Robert Mugabe was doing the same thing Trump was doing and nobody called him racist. Who told you that he stopped funding UN peacekeeping missions in Africa. Even if he did, it wasn't in Africa alone. Who told you that there ain't no black American that likes Trump or white American that dislikes him. Donald Trump is doing what the founding fathers of the US did. Mind you, he's going to win the next election whether you like it or not. Stop spreading hate speech. Peace out.

2 Likes

Re: In United States Of America, This Is How Blacks Are Seen by babakb: 7:46pm On May 26, 2020
I always get angry when I hear people talk about racism in US, UK or Europe, I'm asking which racism is worst than the killings going on in Nigeria.

Unknown gunmen invade villages in Zamfara, Benue, Katsina, Niger, Kaduna, Plateau and Taraba States and kill people at will, instead of us to think of how to end these killings we are worrying ourselves about inconsequential racism in America.
A Black has been a President in America so what else does blacks want again?

3 Likes

Re: In United States Of America, This Is How Blacks Are Seen by NairaLEARN: 9:35pm On May 26, 2020
Facts

So sad about this

Nigeria case is too bad

Yes racism is higher in. Nigeria

May God Help us

babakb:
I always get angry when I hear people talk about racism in US, UK or Europe, I'm asking which racism is worst than the killings going on in Nigeria.

Unknown gunmen invade villages in Zamfara, Benue, Katsina, Niger, Kaduna, Plateau and Taraba States and kill people at will, instead of us to think of how to end these killings we are worrying ourselves about inconsequential racism in America.

1 Like

Re: In United States Of America, This Is How Blacks Are Seen by babakb: 4:49am On May 27, 2020
NairaLEARN:
Facts

So sad about this

Nigeria case is too bad

Yes racism is higher in. Nigeria

May God Help us

Imagine an African will go abroad and be finding faults there, if you want to feel like a King go back to your country and fix it, as long as you're out there take whatever you see...
Re: In United States Of America, This Is How Blacks Are Seen by Mindlog: 5:36am On May 27, 2020
How do we see each other in Nigeria?
Re: In United States Of America, This Is How Blacks Are Seen by HarryDuce(m): 6:01am On May 27, 2020
Hmmm. For what it's worth, many people don't live their lives thinking about what the black man or white man does on a daily basis.

This feels more like an anti Trump triade than what the heading implies. And it is true that many Africans are misguided on what they think Trump stands for. It pains my heart to witness such massive scale brain washing, but the vote is ultimately up to the American people. I personally don't fancy Biden.

It would serve Africans better if they fix up their countries so it would be desirable for blacks across the world.
Re: In United States Of America, This Is How Blacks Are Seen by Freestainworld(m): 6:13am On May 27, 2020
if Chinese can treat Africans as foreigners in Africa, we are finished then
Re: In United States Of America, This Is How Blacks Are Seen by Gordieshegz(m): 7:31am On May 27, 2020
Overtime, I have strongly maintained that blacks are worse racists than the whites they are trying hard to vilify.

And in black men's hypocrisy, tribalists are commended but racists comdemned. We Africans then pretend as if tribalism isnt the extreme form of racism.

It is imperative to note that no African community will allow white men represent them in African politics as we have in the US. Or do we think an hausa man can be the governor of Anambra state, or an ivorian the president of Ghana irrespective of how long he had lived there?

President Trump and the white supremacists have many ills no doubt and I am not trying to exonerate them on that. Yes, every human being has a right to live, regardless of his skin colour. Every life matters. But before we look to the West, we should examine our centre first.

But perhaps we need to remind ourselves on police and army brutalities in Nigeria; the herdsmen massacres of the farmers across the nation and how they are shielded by the dominant tribe in presidency.

We Africans must understand that we cant keep demanding from the whites in their lands what isnt obtainable in our lands. Blacks should quit entitlement mentality and exemplify how we would love to be treated.

3 Likes

Re: In United States Of America, This Is How Blacks Are Seen by HarryDuce(m): 2:16pm On May 27, 2020
Gordieshegz:
Overtime, I have strongly maintained that blacks are worse racists than the whites they are trying hard to vilify.

And in black men's hypocrisy, tribalists are commended but racists comdemned. We Africans then pretend as if tribalism isnt the extreme form of racism.

It is imperative to note that no African community will allow white men represent them in African politics as we have in the US. Or do we think an hausa man can be the governor of Anambra state, or an ivorian the president of Ghana irrespective of how long he had lived there?

President Trump and the white supremacists have many ills no doubt and I am not trying to exonerate them on that. Yes, every human being has a right to live, regardless of his skin colour. Every life matters. But before we look to the West, we should examine our centre first.

But perhaps we need to remind ourselves on police and army brutalities in Nigeria; the herdsmen massacres of the farmers across the nation and how they are shielded by the dominant tribe in presidency.

We Africans must understand that we cant keep demanding from the whites in their lands what isnt obtainable in our lands. Blacks should quit entitlement mentality and exemplify how we would love to be treated.
The bold is obviously wrong. Since you didn't bother to do your research there's no point for me to stress it further.
Re: In United States Of America, This Is How Blacks Are Seen by babakb: 8:43pm On May 27, 2020
HarryDuce:
The bold is obviously wrong. Since you didn't bother to do your research there's no point for me to stress it further.

He is very right...
Re: In United States Of America, This Is How Blacks Are Seen by NairaLEARN: 8:49pm On May 27, 2020
You can be great irrespective of where u are, join Nairalearn.com to learn online and earn online
Re: In United States Of America, This Is How Blacks Are Seen by HarryDuce(m): 9:03pm On May 27, 2020
babakb:

He is very right...
He's not. "No African" is a broad generalisation. Zambia, Kenya, Namibia, South Africa beg to differ.
Re: In United States Of America, This Is How Blacks Are Seen by Gordieshegz(m): 10:25pm On May 27, 2020
HarryDuce:

Really?
I hope you aren't trying to bank on South Africa as your example and if you do, it then will call for some discourse.

Perhaps if you have any other to state, the burden of proof is on you bro.
Re: In United States Of America, This Is How Blacks Are Seen by Originalsly: 4:34am On May 28, 2020
babakb:

Hmmmmm........ OP did write about this kind African. Bro.... did it ever occur to you that the violence you talk about may be orchestrated from abroad? Chew on the following..... it may help clear your eyes.

Re: In United States Of America, This Is How Blacks Are Seen by babakb: 5:01am On May 28, 2020
Originalsly:

Hmmmmm........ OP did write about this kind African. Bro.... did it ever occur to you that the violence you talk about may be orchestrated from abroad? Chew on the following..... it may help clear your eyes.

We are saying the same thing, even if these killings were orchestrated from abroad, "who are the foot soldiers" are they not Nigerians, what is happening now is ethnic cleansing.

Check the history of Africans, even before the advent of colonialists African societies and villages do fight wars among each other, is that not racism and hate....
Re: In United States Of America, This Is How Blacks Are Seen by Originalsly: 9:46am On May 28, 2020
babakb:

Check the history of Africans, even before the advent of colonialists African societies and villages do fight wars among each other, is that not racism and hate....

Check the history ..... which continent had no such wars? Again.... this is what OP is talking about..... Africans grabbing every opportunity to pull down Africans.
Re: In United States Of America, This Is How Blacks Are Seen by Beautyaddy: 4:59pm On May 28, 2020
Originalsly:

Check the history ..... which continent had no such wars? Again.... this is what OP is talking about..... Africans grabbing every opportunity to pull down Africans.

Yes now...cause as usual Africans never like to hear the bitter truth.

Let Africans keep blaming the Europeans for their lazy and corrupt thinking to each other. The World is Moving on.

1 Like

Re: In United States Of America, This Is How Blacks Are Seen by NaijadrivaCars: 9:36pm On May 28, 2020
As far as the world remain, until Jesus reigns, man would hate other men just because of skin color, religion etc.

Even among your tribe, yes you, are you united Don't a section of your people see others as inferior As a Lagosian once called an Ekiti man "ara oko"(I hope I got the spelling) or bush man , As an Anambranian sees himself superior to other Igbos and as Nnewi man sees himself as superior to other Anambrianians or as a Fulani man being " superior " to other northerner?

This world self, elu uwa nka sef

(1) (Reply)

Travel To Cyprus (eu) Without Much / 10 Of The Most Dangerous Cities Never To Travel To / Which Can I Go With 450k Germany Or Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.