Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,681 members, 7,816,786 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! (70429 Views)

Warning! Dont Buy That Phone Until You Have Read This / Redmi Note 9, Note 9S Or Note 9pro: Don't Buy That Phone Until You Read This.... / Why You Must Not Press Your Phone Or Answer Call On The Road (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by Charleslewizy(m): 10:06am On Jan 10, 2020
Good info
Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by vetrovialMan(m): 10:16am On Jan 10, 2020
grin
nairalee:
This is scary mehnn. Advancement in technology is making privacy harder and harder by the day.

Thanks for the info OP. I'll bookmark it till when I become a multi millionaire cos right now I pity any hacker that hacks my info. He'll yawn to death
Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by Cantonese: 10:21am On Jan 10, 2020
TheRealProphet:
Every sane human being factory reset/format/encrypt his/her phone before selling it...but to the insane and uneducated ones I think this post is for you kiss

Well, imes is coming sha...The end of days. We hope that he'll be coming to clarify the truth about life; the truth of which is hidden to many people.

imes, we await your coming. cheesy

Even you sound very uneducated for making this cheeky comment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by freemi(m): 10:31am On Jan 10, 2020
Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by VICTORCIZA(m): 10:32am On Jan 10, 2020
TheRealProphet:
Every sane human being factory reset/format/encrypt his/her phone before selling it...but to the insane and uneducated ones I think this post is for you kiss

Well, imes is coming sha...The end of days. We hope that he'll be coming to clarify the truth about life; the truth of which is hidden to many people.

please what is imes.please explain
Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by uuzba(m): 10:41am On Jan 10, 2020
QuickStandard:
We buy used Inverter batteries
Them dey format the battery?

1 Like

Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by uuzba(m): 10:46am On Jan 10, 2020
TheRealProphet:

Is this you, "Fulla Shit"?
Your wife, Noe Shit:
Kids, Dip Shit, Dumb Shit and Jack Shit

1 Like

Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by odinga1of: 10:47am On Jan 10, 2020
Burstscam:

https://burstscam.com/blog/2020/01/09/before-you-sell-that-phone-or-give-it-out-a-must-read/

HOW do I encrypt my phone?

What's the difference between encrypt and factory reset
Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by bergs2: 10:48am On Jan 10, 2020
To avoid stories that touch, use your phone until it dies in your hand and then sell the functional parts.

My free 3MB

1 Like

Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by Plama: 10:51am On Jan 10, 2020
Burstscam:

https://burstscam.com/blog/2020/01/09/before-you-sell-that-phone-or-give-it-out-a-must-read/
I just checked my phone and it's say Encrypted. Does that mean i don't need to do anything again?
Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by sammysage(m): 10:52am On Jan 10, 2020
This is so true. I once bought a phone only to see a lot of sex vids and pics of previous user in an hidden folder.
Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by themanderon: 10:57am On Jan 10, 2020
But even at that the finest brains in info tech can still decrypt those encrypted data. It seems nothing is foolproof when it comes to information technology.
Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by emilfischer(m): 11:03am On Jan 10, 2020
OP thanks.
Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by VirtIQ: 11:04am On Jan 10, 2020
Just press reset and wipe out all data factory reset
Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by Tolubory(m): 11:05am On Jan 10, 2020
Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by ikorodureporta: 11:06am On Jan 10, 2020
can I encrypt my Nokia torch?
Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 10, 2020
Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by piagetskinner(m): 11:36am On Jan 10, 2020
Y should you send nudes in the first place... Na God catch you na..
Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by Ejebleje: 11:59am On Jan 10, 2020
nairalee:
This is scary mehnn. Advancement in technology is making privacy harder and harder by the day.

Thanks for the info OP. I'll bookmark it till when I become a multi millionaire cos right now I pity any hacker that hacks my info. He'll yawn to death

Ironically, every advancement in technology continues to demystify the word called privacy.

Now we have 5g.*smiles*
Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by hesilo(m): 12:00pm On Jan 10, 2020
Learnt before you encrypt, you have to use a lock code(secret) for you to be able to decrypt. What would happen if you encrypt the phone and new user buys it. How do dey go about accessing files and folders of encrypted files without the right access code?
Burstscam:

Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by vetrovialMan(m): 12:04pm On Jan 10, 2020
themanderon:
But even at that the finest brains in info tech can still decrypt those encrypted data. It seems nothing is foolproof when it comes to information technology.

I agree with you. I wrote a thesis about information and system security back in my academic years. From all research, discussions and what have not I have been through over the years, I have come to understand that the only way information can be deemed to be reasonably secure is to make the cost of breaching said defence much higher than the value of the information....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by aminusodiq(m): 12:04pm On Jan 10, 2020
TheRealProphet:

wat is imes?
Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 10, 2020
Burstscam:

Please can you help suggest how I retrieve audio files send through xenda to my phone memory but deleted. Thanks
Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by LZAA: 12:17pm On Jan 10, 2020
Greenback:
Any phone bought from anywhere in Ogun or oshogbo and scanned thoroughly will reveal a lot of mining activities and mining industrialists
I can bet afamed's BMC chop-money on that

grin grin grin

Lzaa immhotep bastardmod
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by Timileyin1234(m): 12:35pm On Jan 10, 2020
I don’t have privacy
Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 10, 2020
If you, your brother/sister, cousin/nephew/Niece, children, grandchildren is writing the forth coming Jamb examination then this info is for you. English is compulsory for all candidates so I advise you make Dele Ashade's The invincible teacher your best friend. The Pdf version is available and well as selected salient questions has been compiled for your profiting. To get the two pdfs just message me on https:///2348029614522?text=Hello%20James

Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by seniormallam(m): 12:40pm On Jan 10, 2020
Cherrybae:
This posts are for the illitracys because no educate persin can sell or gave out his old phone without doesing factory Reset.

I hope they can learnt from this post because alot of them is hear on NL

OP you did well. Very educated thread.
Kudos OP
Jesus wept.....

1 Like

Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by Muzikluva(m): 1:13pm On Jan 10, 2020
Cherrybae:
This posts are for the illitracys because no educate persin can sell or gave out his old phone without doesing factory Reset.

I hope they can learnt from this post because alot of them is hear on NL

OP you did well. Very educated thread.
Kudos OP
Lmao.. Are you kidding me? shocked grin grin
Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by akudinaobi(m): 1:57pm On Jan 10, 2020
Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by drginger(f): 3:32pm On Jan 10, 2020
uncleck:
the post said that formatting too isn't full proof
He did not read through. He just wanted to drop a message about his saviour Imes
Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by Youngsage: 3:32pm On Jan 10, 2020
TheRealProphet:

Guy.. what exactly is Imes? I think at this point I need to ask.
Re: Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! by IkePeters(m): 4:30pm On Jan 10, 2020
Nice one. Very helpful. Thanks�

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Ritualist Sent Me A Facebook Friend Request (scary pics) / I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim / How To Check Your MTN, Glo, Airtel & 9mobile Phone Number On Your Mobile Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.