Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy - Crime (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy (127928 Views)

Mother Beat Daughter Who Disappeared For Two Weeks During December Holiday(Video / Man Beat Daughter To Death For Using His Phone To Call Boyfriend (Photo) / Pius Nweke Arrested For Having Unlicensed Guns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Kyari79(m): 6:13pm On Jan 11, 2020
They are all to killed as they killed there daughter
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by topboss1: 6:38pm On Jan 11, 2020
LabDNA:
Igbo families, please, please and please, watch your daughters carefully, go to their school unannounced, visit their hostels. Yes they'll protest, but it is for their own good.

As long as you are feeding her, and she lives under your roof, she remains your responsibility 100%. There is nothing like liberalism here. Our custom, culture and value systems are very clear on marital issue, it is not to be bent over for those who can't bend their for us. The guy was a muslim for Pete's sake! Even muslim parents won't tolerate christian guys stare at their daughters for 2 secs. They kill or disown daughters everyday for dating christians. But this case where christian parents are the aggresors is a 'one off'.

If I were Mr Nweke, I would have left that community or sent Amaka back home to a boarding school in the East.

Just see the way a stubborn girl has brought shame and sorrow to her family because of her stupidity.

I also blame the yoruba muslim Ibrahim guy for Amaka's death, if that girl was my sister, I'll also hunt him down (if the love is not deep enough for him to kill himself and join amaka) and ensure he joins Amaka in the grave. He was warned severally but the agbaya kept coming around to look for trouble. He should have stayed the fuccck away!

It will not be a bad idea for Igbo parents to send their daughters to live in catholic boarding school built for nuns in the east.

This is a very good idea, to pass to eastern governors, so at least all igbo girls will be back in Igboland.

So yoruba men in Lagos can rest and igbo parents can also rest tooo, it is too much.

1 Like

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by topboss1: 6:53pm On Jan 11, 2020
Rekhina:
My brother am so hurt , I was doing fine in my sector and almajiris/afonjas pushed me out from it out of stupidity,now am a hustler in a strange Arab country , expect things weird from me steady ,killing them during sex isn't left out(killed 3 though) , they must pay , all must pay

Now apologize for calling me an illiterate almajiri in d other thread..am waiting

wen did i do dat?

if u can show me, i will apologize. lol
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by dominique(f): 7:10pm On Jan 11, 2020
tungamaje:

That's because the mother thought she has got a free daughter-in-law because her son impregnated an innocent 18 year old girl. If she wanted her as her daughter-in-law in the right way, she should have first approached the parents to take them to the girl's village and collected the list of items to pay. That's how Igbos do and it should serve as a lesson to non Igbos: If you like an Igbo girl and want her, go and settle her people. Don't expect to pass through the back door

You people really see females as commodities to be traded. This is totally wrong. I can't imagine how I'd feel if people are negotiating and deliberating how much my head is to be sold like a piece of item in the market. There no honour in selling a human being, just a bunch of greedy elders enriching themselves

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by dominique(f): 8:08pm On Jan 11, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Anyway amaka mother should move in swiftly and take over the catering for the child before Ibrahim further harms the innocent child.

Ibrahim has no business with the baby again.

Are you ok at all? The same Amaka's mother that beat her own daughter to death should keep custody of the child she left behind? It doesn't matter if the child is subjected through worse suffering than his mother as long as he's not given to his own biological father. I don't think you're ok at all. The way you people trivialize cruelty is making me understand why most of your men turn their wives into punching bags and your women maltreat underage helps. Seems physical abuse is a norm to you. This is upsetting to say the least

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 11, 2020
dominique:

Are you ok at all? The same Amaka's mother that beat her own daughter to death should keep custody of the child she left behind? It doesn't matter if the child is subjected through worse suffering than his mother as long as he's not given to his own biological father. I don't think you're ok at all. The way you people trivialize cruelty is making me understand why most of your men turn their wives into punching bags and your women maltreat underage helps. Seems physical abuse is a norm to you. This is upsetting to say the least

Under right, Amaka's mother should take over the care of the child till further notice and when proved Ibrahim meant well for the young boy.

Moreover, it hasn't been ascertained that the parents beat amaka to death, it is still a mere rumour.

But let it be known that at this point, Ibrahim should hands off from the child.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by dominique(f): 8:22pm On Jan 11, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Under right, Amaka's mother should take over the care of the child till further notice and when proved Ibrahim meant well for the young boy.

Moreover, it hasn't been ascertained that the parents beat amaka to death, it is still a mere rumour.

But let it be known that at this point, Ibrahim should hands off from the child.

So neighbours and Amaka's friend decided to gang up and lie against her parents right? What do they stand to gain?

In the eye of the law, if one parent dies, the other surviving parent takes custody of the child unless he's ruled incapable. I'm not talking about primitive customs and tradition here. If Ibrahim sues Amaka's parents for custody of his son, he'll win unless Amaka's parents can prove he's physically or mentally incapable of taking care of the child. Why should a grandparent assume full custody of a child when one parent is alive and healthy?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by dominique(f): 8:23pm On Jan 11, 2020
dominique:

So neighbours and Amaka's friend decided to gang up and lie against her parents right? What do they stand to gain?

Ibrahim has more rights to the baby than the deceased's parents. In the eye of the law, if one parent dies, the other surviving parent takes custody of the child unless he's ruled incapable. I'm not talking about primitive customs and tradition here. If Ibrahim sues Amaka's parents for custody of his son, he'll win unless Amaka's parents can prove he's physically or mentally incapable of taking care of the child. Why should a grandparent assume full custody of a child when one parent is alive and healthy?
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 11, 2020
dominique:

In the eye of the law, if one parent dies, the other surviving parent takes custody of the child unless he's ruled incapable. I'm not talking about primitive customs and tradition here. If Ibrahim sues Amaka's parents for custody of his son, he'll win unless Amaka's parents can prove he's physically or mentally incapable of taking care of the child. Why should a grandparent assume full custody of a child when one parent is alive and healthy?

Are you for real?

We have customary court to handle such issues I guess?

Ibrahim is not in anyway married to Amaka and we don't have out of wedlock courts in Nigeria.

Ibrahim has no single legitimate claim over the child.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by mapet: 8:29pm On Jan 11, 2020
dominique:

For the sake of the boy, they should just do the rites. It's their belief that a child born by their daughter belongs to them until she's paid for (like a piece of object). An evil family that can beat their daughter to death will do worse to the son she left behind. For the sake of the boys future, they should just do the appropriate rites and collect the child.

You somewhat have a point...
I must confess I did not put this into consideration
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by danvon(m): 8:34pm On Jan 11, 2020
dominique:

You people really see females as commodities to be traded. This is totally wrong. I can't imagine how I'd feel if people are negotiating and deliberating how much my head is to be sold like a piece of item in the market. There no honour in selling a human being, just a bunch of greedy elders enriching themselves

Spoken like a true Yoruba girl despite all your false charades at objectivity

What you just typed now, line for line is something I've heard Yoruba girls say a lot when they wish to rationalize their tribalism

The bride price isn't for selling the daughter, it's top atleast prove your capable of taking care of her

1 Like

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by danvon(m): 8:36pm On Jan 11, 2020
dominique:

Another one
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by dominique(f): 8:47pm On Jan 11, 2020
danvon:

Spoken like a true Yoruba girl despite all your false charades at objectivity

What you just typed now, line for line is something I've heard Yoruba girls say a lot when they wish to rationalize their tribalism

The bride price isn't for selling the daughter, it's top atleast prove your capable of taking care of her

If yorubas had similar bride price traditions, I'd speak against it. There are other ways you can verify if a man can take care of your daughter (as if she's an invalid) without putting a price tag on her head. Say what you like but the bride price custom is fuelled by greed more than anything else.

danvon:

Another one

Have you gone through the posts one here justifying physical abuse, cruelty and murder? If it doesn't bother you, it bothers me. I'm not bigoted but if some sets of people are so keen on justifying cruelty and murder, they deserve to be called out. Now kindly buzz off my mentions

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by CeterisXVII: 9:23pm On Jan 11, 2020
dominique:
Are you minding that clown? See him justifying the murderous actions of the girl's parents, and saying it should "be a lesson to all," as if killing the girl would have solved the problem?

If they didn't like what she did, why not just chase her out and disown her? Why take her life?

Meanwhile, I have seen many girls from his area shacking up with their unmarried boyfriends in Lagos.

He is such a primitive soul, that he believes killing a girl is the best way to preserve their tradition. Tueh!

1 Like

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by topboss1: 9:24pm On Jan 11, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Are you minding that clown? See him justifying the murderous actions of the girl's parents, and saying it should "be a lesson to all," as if killing the girl would have solved the problem?

If they didn't like what she did, why not just chase her out and disown her? Why take her life?

Meanwhile, I have seen many girls from his area shacking up with their unmarried boyfriends in Lagos.

He is such a primitive soul, that he believes killing a girl is the best way to preserve their tradition. Tueh!

Ibrahim and his mother have been ascertained as the murderers by law.

Nobody else but Ibarahim and his mother killed Amaka.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by CeterisXVII: 9:29pm On Jan 11, 2020
Osagyefo98:
Are you for real?

We have customary court to handle such issues I guess?

Ibrahim is not in anyway married to Amaka and we don't have out of wedlock courts in Nigeria.

Ibrahim has no single legitimate claim over the child.
A customary court is NOT higher than a state high court, or federal high court. Even in terms of customary law, where there is a conflict, the constitution or state law or edicts, will supercede any silly custom.

All Ibrahim has to do is file for custody, in a high court!

Once the judge calls for a paternity test, and it is proven that Ibrahim is the father, and there are receipts and documents to show he sent money to Amaka to pay her bills in hospital, and also support her when she was pregnant, then Amaka's family has no case, and they will be compelled to either give the boy custody, or visiting rights!

So this nonsensical story about customary court, can be dealt with, in different ways.

Thank God, that there are still enlightened Igbo families, that do not think like the backward parents, of Amaka!
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by topboss1: 9:29pm On Jan 11, 2020
[s]
dominique:

[/s]

The difference here is Ibrahim was not a parent.

The baby has been under the care and custody of Amaka parents.

Ibrahim and his family have no claim. Ibrahim mother bringing plate of rice for Amaka, is not child support.

Let this be a lesson to those that will go through back door to defile the marriage institution.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by CeterisXVII: 9:32pm On Jan 11, 2020
topboss1:

At your age, you are telling huge lies that even a little kid would be ashamed to say out loud.

Amaka's parents beat her to death. They inflicted sheer cruelty on her. May they rot in jail and burn in hell, for their crimes!
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by topboss1: 9:34pm On Jan 11, 2020
[s]
CeterisXVII:

At your age, you are telling huge lies that even a little kid would be ashamed to say out loud.

Amaka's parents beat her to death. They inflicted sheer cruelty on her. May rot in jail and burn in hell, for their crimes!
[/s]

Ibrahim andf his mother poisoned Amaka with their plate of rice.

Amaka parents warned her to stop collecting food but she did not listen.

After killing their daughter, the only thing they have to replace that is the son she left behind.

Ibrahim and his family killed Amaka.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by CeterisXVII: 9:38pm On Jan 11, 2020
topboss1:
The difference here is Ibrahim was not a parent.

The baby has been under the care and custody of Amaka parents.

Ibrahim and his family have no claim. Ibrahim mother bringing plate of rice for Amaka, is not child support.

Let this be a lesson to those that will go through back door to defile the marriage institution.
Reply: And those Amaka's Igbo parents, who chose to murder a poor girl because they didn't want her to "defile the marriage institution," will be thrown in jail and sentenced to life imprisonment.

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by CeterisXVII: 9:40pm On Jan 11, 2020
topboss1:

After killing their daughter, the only thing they have to replace that is the son she left behind.

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by topboss1: 9:41pm On Jan 11, 2020
topboss1:
[s][/s]

CeterisXVII:

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by danvon(m): 9:41pm On Jan 11, 2020
See the way they are talking as if the parents are jubilating, as if they don't regret it, as if their heart hasn't broken already, the parents know they did something wrong

Prison won't punish enough, the parents should be allowed to raise the child as penance

As for those so called lovers out there destroying families, causing rift between the parents and children... it is well with you
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by CeterisXVII: 9:44pm On Jan 11, 2020
topboss1:

Ibrahim andf his mother Amaka's parents poisoned Amaka with their plate of rice, and beat her to death.

Ibrahim Amaka's parents and his family killed Amaka.

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by CeterisXVII: 9:46pm On Jan 11, 2020
danvon:
See the way they are talking as if the parents are jubilating, as if they don't regret it, as if their heart hasn't broken already, the parents know they did something wrong

Prison won't punish enough, the parents should be allowed to raise the child as penance

As for those so called lovers out there destroying families, causing rift between the parents and children... it is well with you
Raise the child? After killing their daughter, who is the mother of that same child? Are you sure they will not kill the child, too?

1 Like

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by danvon(m): 9:49pm On Jan 11, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Raise the child? After killing their daughter, who is the mother of that same child? Are you sure they will not kill the child, too?
Well they won't, infact they are even less likely to do it, knowing their daughter died for the child they'll give the child everything

Most people are not stupid enough for proper heartlessness
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Adegunle4(m): 10:36pm On Jan 11, 2020
topboss1:

I don’t understand this guy’s sense of reasoning.
Simple....I’ve gone thru all of his comments and can’t pick out an atom of sense in all he has said so far.

1 Like

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by CeterisXVII: 10:58pm On Jan 11, 2020
Adegunle4:
I don’t understand this guy’s sense of reasoning.
Simple....I’ve gone thru all of his comments and can’t pick out an atom of sense in all he has said so far.
He has a screw loose upstairs in his brain.....
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by CeterisXVII: 11:01pm On Jan 11, 2020
danvon:
Well they won't, infact they are even less likely to do it, knowing their daughter died for the child they'll give the child everything

Most people are not stupid enough for proper heartlessness
Re-ea-ally?? shocked Are you in their minds? The same parents that travelled and could not take the baby with them? Instead they abandoned the baby with a neighbour.

What if that child falls ill, while he is in the custody of the neighbour?

What if the child is poorly treated by the neighbours?

Forget that girl's family, o! They are wicked! angry
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by danvon(m): 11:02pm On Jan 11, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Re-ea-ally?? shocked Are you in their minds? The same parents that travelled and could not take the baby with them? Instead they abandoned the baby with a neighbour.

What if that child falls ill, while he is in the custody of the neighbour?

What if the child is poorly treated by the neighbours?

Forget that girl's family, o! They are wicked! angry

They left the baby with the neighbor so they could go and treat their daughter
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by CeterisXVII: 11:04pm On Jan 11, 2020
danvon:
They left the baby with the neighbor so they could go and treat their daughter
The girl is dead. Which treatment do they want to give the daughter, again?
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by danvon(m): 11:05pm On Jan 11, 2020
CeterisXVII:

The girl is dead. Which treatment do they want to give the daughter, again?
Hmmm, *sighs* they didn't know the girl was dead, they thought she could still be saved

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply)

Lawrence Anini: Life And Death Of Nigeria’s Most Notorious Armed Robber (photos) / Rahinatu Is Dead: 'Queen Of Dick, Hajia Pussy' Killed By Sakawa Boys / Salman Hassan Stabs Husband To Death In Bauchi Over Sex (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.