Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy - Crime (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy (127921 Views)

Mother Beat Daughter Who Disappeared For Two Weeks During December Holiday(Video / Man Beat Daughter To Death For Using His Phone To Call Boyfriend (Photo) / Pius Nweke Arrested For Having Unlicensed Guns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Caseless: 12:53am On Jan 12, 2020
tungamaje:
When my son impregnated Amaka, I didn’t reject the pregnancy. I was already used to seeing them together. When it was clear to me that Ibrahim was the owner of the pregnancy, I started taking care of the girl as my daughter-in-law.

Madam, that's not how it is in Igbo culture. If you want to get a daughter-in-law, first approach the parents and pay dowries
stfu!
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Nobody: 6:15am On Jan 12, 2020
Adegunle4:

I don’t understand this guy’s sense of reasoning.
Simple....I’ve gone thru all of his comments and can’t pick out an atom of sense in all he has said so far.

Ibrahim and his likes should date and impregnate their fellow tribes girls and allow others to be.

We are there for business not sex romps.....

Amaka's parents couldn't swallow such bitter pill of disgrace and an external blood .

Everybody should respect others terms pls.

1 Like

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by topboss1: 7:20am On Jan 12, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Ibrahim and his likes should date and impregnate their fellow tribes girls and allow others to be.

We are there for business not sex romps.....

Amaka's parents couldn't swallow such bitter pill of disgrace and an external blood .

Everybody should respect others terms pls.

u can imagine the shame, dey hiding the child from villagers.

dat is y dey did not travel with him.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by yeyeosoronga: 7:28am On Jan 12, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Are you minding that clown? See him justifying the murderous actions of the girl's parents, and saying it should "be a lesson to all," as if killing the girl would have solved the problem?

If they didn't like what she did, why not just chase her out and disown her? Why take her life?

Meanwhile, I have seen many girls from his area shacking up with their unmarried boyfriends in Lagos.

He is such a primitive soul, that he believes killing a girl is the best way to preserve their tradition. Tueh!

There is little difference between those justifying the death of Amaka and those in the middle east/asia (whom they hate so much o, and they think are also barbarians btw) committing honor killings.
The worst set of bigots.
How can a young girl-a new mother btw be killed in such manner by those meant to protect her, and we have the guts to say she deserved it?
Has our humanity gone so much to the dogs that this is even an argument?

3 Likes

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by dominique(f): 7:36am On Jan 12, 2020
danvon:
Hmmm, *sighs* they didn't know the girl was dead, they thought she could still be saved

Go back and read carefully. After the girl died, they travelled to Ebonyi and abandoned the baby with a neighbour. Does that sound like caring grandparents to you? At this point, the baby is better off in the custody of his father
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by topboss1: 8:10am On Jan 12, 2020
dominique:

Go back and read carefully. After the girl died, they travelled to Ebonyi and abandoned the baby with a neighbour. Does that sound like caring grandparents to you? At this point, the baby is better off in the custody of his father

The father said dey cannot take him with them to Ebonyi.

It is not like they locked the baby in the house alone.

They safely engaged the neighbours to baby-seat for them until they return from burial, dat is not a crime.

U people should stop inbreeding and then looking for Igbo blood to cure yourselves of ugliness.

Yoruba have the highest rate of inbreeding in Nigeria.

Explains y u are constantly looking for Igbo blood.

We wont tell u again, dat boy is a compensation to Amaka family after Ibrahim and his family raped and murdered their daughter without their consent.

1 Like

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Johans1991: 8:40am On Jan 12, 2020
franchasng:
I will answer some of the reasons below:

1.) Yoruba Muslims hate Igbos so much; you can feel it everywhere you go, they don't even talk much about it, they act it both in real life and online, Nairaland can bear witness.

Yoruba Muslims hate anything that will help Igbos progress...it is Yoruba Muslims that chairlead any national political attack against Igbos in Nigeria. Whenever you hear or read that Yorubas are against Igbo Presidency or anything else, go and check well, the leader of such group is a Yoruba Muslim.

They do most of these in their foolish attempt to please Hausa-Fulanis to start seeing them as worthy Muslims and start taking them serious in Muslim affairs.

2.) Yoruba Muslims are the ones who are always fronting that Igbos should leave Lagos or Southwest, and it is also the same Yoruba Muslims that will start the first attack against Igbos when Igbos try to make move to divide and secede peacefully from Nigeria so that they can forever leave Yoruba land alone for Yorubas!

3.) Yoruba Muslims are the spy and agent Hausa-Fulani and Arab Muslim extremists will use to infiltrate Southern Nigeria...and they see Igbos as an obstacle to their mission of turning Southern Nigeria a Muslim-dominant region, because they know Igbos are 99.999% Christians and don't tolerate any other religion in Igbo land!

There are many more reasons that I cannot state here because I am sure if I do, the mods will delete or hide my post.

Yoruba Muslims are more dangerous than Hausa-Fulanis, they are a waiting time bomb that will shatter Southern Nigeria if not checkmated on time angry
see hate. but you are ready ti die for atiku.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by dominique(f): 11:53am On Jan 12, 2020
topboss1:

The father said dey cannot take him with them to Ebonyi.

It is not like they locked the baby in the house alone.

They safely engaged the neighbours to baby-seat for them until they return from burial, dat is not a crime.

U people should stop inbreeding and then looking for Igbo blood to cure yourselves of ugliness.

Yoruba have the highest rate of inbreeding in Nigeria.

Explains y u are constantly looking for Igbo blood.

We wont tell u again, dat boy is a compensation to Amaka family after Ibrahim and his family raped and murdered their daughter without their consent.

Did your parents ever abandon you as a baby with a neighbour and went ahead to travel? If no then your justification of Amaka's evil parents abandoning a four month old with neighbour is senseless.

Ibrahim did not kill Amaka, her evil parents did. If they're looking for compensation for the child they cruelly murdered, they should go and dig up her corpse.

Mentally unstable cruel parents filled with bile that are capable of torturing their own daughter to death has no business keeping custody of the child they left behind.

The more you try to shift the blame of the dead girl away from her parents, the more I'll keep hammering it that she is was brutally murdered by the same parents that was supposed to protect her. Wanna try me?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by topboss1: 12:09pm On Jan 12, 2020
[s]
dominique:

Did your parents ever abandon you as a baby with a neighbour and went ahead to travel? If no then your justification of Amaka's evil parents abandoning a four month old with neighbour is senseless.

Ibrahim did not kill Amaka, her evil parents did. If they're looking for compensation for the child they cruelly murdered, they should go and dig up her corpse.

Mentally unstable cruel parents filled with bile that are capable of torturing their own daughter to death has no business keeping custody of the child they left behind.

The more you try to shift the blame of the dead girl away from her parents, the more I'll keep hammering it that she is was brutally murdered by the same parents that was supposed to protect her. Wanna try me?
[/s]

Babysitting is never a crime.

People make such arrangement based on the present circumstances.

Ibrahim and his family killed her.

They were aware of their son relationship with her and did not go to see her parents.

Her parents who are poor would have access his capabilities to provide for Amaka and a possible child and Amaka level of maturity before agreeing to anything.

Ibrahim took the back door with full support of his family, got Amaka pregnant and started sending his mother across with plate of food for Amaka.

They killed her becos that plate of food is no child support.

Wateva, she had went to the baby and sooon she took ill and died.

I dont believe the lies yoruba are telling that her parents killed her.

If they were killers, it would have been done wen she was still pregnant.

Better yet they would have aborted the baby.

She was with dem for 9 months and safely delivered with no complication.

The baby stays with Amaka parents as compensation for their loss.

But Amaka’s father, Mike, maintained his innocence and that of his wife.

He said: “Is it possible for a father to kill his only daughter, I don’t beat my children. My wife is a woman of virtue; she doesn’t beat our children, she is not a wicked woman. We didn’t beat her because we saw her going to Ibrahim’s house. Everything Ibrahim’s family said was false because now I’m in mourning. I came from a Christian family. I warned my wife to stop disturbing Amaka and Ibrahim. I told my wife that if God said the union was ordained from Him, they would live together as a husband and wife. I have never disturbed them.

“When Amaka took ill, we rushed her to two private hospitals before we were referred to Gbagada General Hospital where she died.”

When asked about Amaka’s baby, Mike said they left the baby with a neighbour in Lagos to take care of him, because he couldn’t take him to Ebonyi State.He added: “I’m only going to Ebonyi State with Amaka’s mother and siblings.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Bala Elkana, said the command was aware of the issue.

He said: “We are waiting for medical report to ascertain the cause of death. Investigation is still ongoing.

How can dey beat somebody to death and no evidence on her body of such beating.

They are waiting to hear medical cause of death.

1 Like

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by topboss1: 12:24pm On Jan 12, 2020
If truth be told here, tribe and religion have nothing to do with anything.

If the guy was Igbo her parents will react the same way.

Nobody like their young teenager becoming a baby mama.

However, bloggers as usual were looking for sensation so they played the tribe and religion card together to get a hit.

Looking at the number of pages on this thread, it worked well.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by dominique(f): 1:46pm On Jan 12, 2020
topboss1:
[s][/s]

Babysitting is never a crime.

People make such arrangement based on the present circumstances.

Ibrahim and his family killed her.

They were aware of their son relationship with her and did not go to see her parents.

Her parents who are poor would have access his capabilities to provide for Amaka and a possible child and Amaka level of maturity before agreeing to anything.

Ibrahim took the back door with full support of his family, got Amaka pregnant and started sending his mother across with plate of food for Amaka.

They killed her becos that plate of food is no child support.

Wateva, she had went to the baby and sooon she took ill and died.

I dont believe the lies yoruba are telling that her parents killed her.

If they were killers, it would have been done wen she was still pregnant.

Better yet they would have aborted the baby.

She was with dem for 9 months and safely delivered with no complication.

The baby stays with Amaka parents as compensation for their loss.

How can dey beat somebody to death and no evidence on her body of such beating.

They are waiting to hear medical cause of death.

Story, do you think it was one day's beating that killed her? The beatings started from her pregnancy days till after she delivered. Amaka's evil parents tortured and starved her till her frail body could no longer take it and she passed away. Now they're transferring their wickedness to an innocent 4-month-old by abandoning him with strangers when he had blood relatives he could have been secured with. May they live long enough to suffer the consequences of their wickedness and die miserably afterwards.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by topboss1: 2:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
[s]
dominique:

Story, do you think it was one day's beating that killed her? The beatings started from her pregnancy days till after she delivered. Amaka's evil parents tortured and starved her till her frail body could no longer take it and she passed away. Now they're transferring their wickedness to an innocent 4-month-old by abandoning him with strangers when he had blood relatives he could have been secured with. May they live long enough to suffer the consequences of their wickedness and die miserably afterwards.
[/s]

I will not continue this pointless back and forth with you this yoruba woman.

All wat u are saying are lies and you know it.

Alll the people saying wat you are saying happen to be yoruba too.

I am happy the Lagos state government is following due process and waiting for the medical cause of death.

1 Like

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by CeterisXVII: 9:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
dominique:

You dey mind that joker? Can you imagine how he is defending the vile murderous antics of Amaka's parents, just because they are Igbo? Meanwhile, he is putting the blame on Ibrahim and his parents who did everything to help the girl.

The neighbours saw them beating her several times. Even Ibrahim's mother saw Amaka's mum beating her. Ibrahim and his family paid the girl's medical bills, because Amaka's parents were too poor, to do so.

Yet, they were not even grateful that they did so. In the midst of their poverty, they killed the poor girl. May God punish those evil parents.

2 Likes

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by victory36(m): 12:43am On Jan 14, 2020
fairfora:
Rubbish! There's no need to carry out any further investigations into what killed amaka. The evidence from the witnesses like mrs Ebunola who reported the case to the police before her death, the nwekes' neighbour and the facebook messages between the nurse friend and late amaka should suffice. Instead of beating her, the moment they noticed she was dating ibrahim, why not relocate her to the east to complete her education with close monitoring to prevent them from seeing eachother for a while, in case the parents were interested in her education. The Ibrahim's parents too ought to have advised the lovebirds to focus on their education and not allow the unexpected to happen with stern warning. I remember the day my mum caught me talking to a girl by the fence. She talked my head off that day. I became afraid so , I focused on my studies. This could have helped a lot. The nwekes also had the right to keep their daughter from being released to the Ibrahim's family because no bride price had been paid yet...you can't claim the goods you've not paid for.

That said, I remember when my cousin was dating a girl from the east too. It was like a tug of war. The parents especially the father was expressly opposed to it. The lady's sister even abused her for dating a poor guy who could hardly feed himself. As God would have it, the girl's granddad stood his ground, that he was in support of the union when they were ready, that nobody was born with money, we made it when we came here in this world so, they should stop disturbing them. After series of consultations, they reluctantly accepted and they got married. A few years later, they relocated to canada and now, the father is proud of her. The girl works with a renown IT firm over there and husband works with a robotic firm. He shuttles between South Korea and Canada due to his job schedule. Now, he's pushing for an establishment of the african branch. The company is considering either south africa, Kenya or Nigeria to serve african market. The younger sister who was abusing her of dating a poor yoruba boy is neither here nor there. Her husband she married beats her like hell. The mother had visited my cousin's wife in Canada 2ice to take care of their babies.

Parents should allow their children to marry whoever they like. All these old feud and traditions must stop. This is a new generation who weren't there when it all happened. We only were told the history. Everything we met here would end here. It's high time we began to see ourselves as one. My friend got married to an imo girl and today, they've been blessed with everything people yearn or aspire to have in life.
stop lying
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by victory36(m): 12:45am On Jan 14, 2020
yeyeosoronga:

There is little difference between those justifying the death of Amaka and those in the middle east/asia (whom they hate so much o, and they think are also barbarians btw) committing honor killings.
The worst set of bigots.
How can a young girl-a new mother btw be killed in such manner by those meant to protect her, and we have the guts to say she deserved it?
Has our humanity gone so much to the dogs that this is even an argument?
go and marry a Berber or a fulani then.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Meliann: 2:03am On Jan 14, 2020
valarinz:

Have I ever called you out when your own people mess up? Quote me one post of mine engaging in your senseless tribal superiority contest here on NL

Pls I'll ask you one more time, stop mentioning my moniker anytime you want to exhibit your stupidity, it's a disgrace where I come from to be caught dancing naked in public like you do.

I'm Igbo, yes, but I have no interest in your rubbish, next unwarranted mention and you'll get this your second moniker banned, then you create a third.

Thanks

Oh pls shatap and stop sulking like a baby chicken jare. Ahn ahn..you just took hypocrisy to a whole new level. Or have you forgotten? Forgotten how you used to quote me when I didn't even know you existed? You said when my people mess up? Yes we mess up but your people are downright horrible!!!!
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 14, 2020
victory36:
stop lying
You don't even know me, neither have you met me before. What suggests to you am lying?
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by chukkz: 6:07pm On Jan 14, 2020
I don't think its that easy to leave your family like dat o
AwkaetitiBabe:
The Amaka should have taken her wellbeing into her own hands and left her family.

I've seen an Igbo woman who married a Muslim, so it shouldn't b worth d stress. Everyone should have the right to pick their religion or partner they choose to spend d rest of their lives with
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by chukkz: 6:11pm On Jan 14, 2020
Lagos is not igboland and whether you like it the child is Yoruba and so it makes sense to leave it in the boys family
thatigboman:
All these yoruba people talking rubbish, a child born out of wedlock belongs to the girl's family in igboland.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by chukkz: 6:12pm On Jan 14, 2020
That is very true
BiafraforTrump:
Why get pregnant for Afonja and she is still a very young girl. Igbo girls can really bring disgrace to their parents I swear...
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by chukkz: 6:14pm On Jan 14, 2020
Your not serious
jimyjames:
Yoruba Muslims dominated and enslaved themselves with Islam they now want to enslave Igbo's with Islam? It won't work o

R.I.p to the young girl, at least she should have dated a rich Yoruba Muslims not an agbero
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 14, 2020
chukkz:
I don't think its that easy to leave your family like dat o
It's easy for whites
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by chukkz: 6:21pm On Jan 14, 2020
Anioma is Igbo. Biko o. Chukwuma Nzeogwu who was from Delta State was an Igbo man gbonkwem. Don't start this your wahala.
Ebenezar2020:
Because I'm neither Igbo nor Yoruba.
I'm from Asaba in Delta State, Anioma by Tribe from the Anioma Ethnic Group cool, South South and a Niger-Deltan cool
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by chukkz: 6:27pm On Jan 14, 2020
That is harsh
degamemaster:

My friend talk what you know. Would you have allowed your Muslim daughter to come closer yo a Christian boy talkless of dating him? Why are you musims so hypocritical like this? Every yoruba family wants their son to marry or have a baby with an IGBO girl but would fight to death to prevent their daughters going the Igbo ways.

To the girl, she found what she was looking for since she refused to take her parents advise.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by chukkz: 6:29pm On Jan 14, 2020
Nzuzu comment

agadez007:
I really pity Your Yoruba girls
Nobody wants them not even The fulanis that you guys like kissing their balls

Bad time to be an Afonjoo
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by chukkz: 7:10pm On Jan 14, 2020
Stupid
BiafraforTrump:

Ugly Yoruba women marrying Igbo man you mean?
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by chukkz: 7:20pm On Jan 14, 2020
Igbo women can disgrace d Igbo nation. Any Igbo woman that is not married to an igbo man is not part of the Igbo nation
topboss1:
baby mama more like. 4 wives business. Spits on Igbo prostitutes disgracing us becos of 100naira sex.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by chukkz: 7:22pm On Jan 14, 2020
Word
CSTR2:
There were disappointed probably. Small girl wey carry belle.

They didn't know when they finally beat her to death.

Igbo girls no dey hear word. Waka Waka everywhere.

Now she has put her parents in trouble.
And they may be good people who just got annoyed and the devil used it .
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by chukkz: 7:24pm On Jan 14, 2020
No be small
freshvine:
I don't think it was because of tribe but religion. Muslims doesn't give out their daughters in marriage to Christians but will force the hands of Christians parents to marry their daughters. What you can't give, don't collect.

The parent should've relocated the girl back to the east and in few years the infatuation will fizzle out.

I wonder the mentality of Muslim parents. Why force a minor under the care of her parents for marriage against their wish. While the parents of the girl are trying to inculcate discipline and moral to their ward, they go about forcing what not ought to be.

The girl parents may be culpable for her death, but she'll answer to God for being disobedient, fornication, and yoking with unbeliever including destroying her entire family because of preek.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by chukkz: 7:31pm On Jan 14, 2020
A large proportion of Igbo girls are ashewo

topboss1:
. Igbo girls today are a disgrace to their mothers and grand mothers, truth be told. Even aboki dey take I get igbo wife insult their tribe. Every Tom, dick and Harry . Just 100 naira
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by chukkz: 7:34pm On Jan 14, 2020
Hm. U be igbo?
missyblissy:
Amaka's parents must not go unpunished. They should be persecuted for the death of the poor girl. This is really useless. What's wrong is dating and marrying a yoruba man. Am married to a youruba man and if I have missed him eh ah whala for dey I tell you. Parents should learn to live with the decision made by their kids. Killing her did it change anything angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply)

Lawrence Anini: Life And Death Of Nigeria’s Most Notorious Armed Robber (photos) / Rahinatu Is Dead: 'Queen Of Dick, Hajia Pussy' Killed By Sakawa Boys / Salman Hassan Stabs Husband To Death In Bauchi Over Sex (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.