Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Age Difference - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Age Difference (1535 Views)

What Is The Best Age Difference Between Couples / Does Age Difference Matter In A Relationship / Age Difference Sure Matters In 'Will You Marry Me?' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Age Difference by ammamat(f): 8:10pm On Dec 04, 2010
Please this is just me, i want to know if anything is wrong in marrying a person than is older than you, as in the age gap is actually wide lol

I am 27 getting married to a man of 53 please i just need real advice, i LOVE
Re: Age Difference by ammamat(f): 8:12pm On Dec 04, 2010
This is not because of money or what, i just see him being the only man understanding me.
Re: Age Difference by snthesis(m): 8:13pm On Dec 04, 2010
1st tins 1st- tis age "difference" not "different"
2ndly y u wan marry ur granpapa agemate
Re: Age Difference by ammamat(f): 8:20pm On Dec 04, 2010
thanks @snthesis, is a mistake , well that is where I found my peace.
Re: Age Difference by Dyt(f): 8:25pm On Dec 04, 2010
Well u said u happy wit him
go on gal
i can do same 2
Re: Age Difference by DAY12(m): 8:29pm On Dec 04, 2010
*Wonders Shall never end*

Chai, E woooooooooooo. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Age Difference by rainonyou(f): 8:36pm On Dec 04, 2010
The difference seems pretty big,but if you're comfortable with that, no problems!
But just take in consideration all the factors before doing that step!
May God enlighten you!
Re: Age Difference by drious(m): 8:37pm On Dec 04, 2010
op pleaseee dont age gap is toooooo much,if its peace your looking for i'm sure you will find and isn't the old papa married with kids,talk about kids, will both of you hav?,if you marry him eventually i pray you get beautiful,fwesh nd intellignt kids,but still dont his too old for you

Drious.X.Scorpes
Re: Age Difference by ammamat(f): 8:39pm On Dec 04, 2010
Have tried with average guys but they turn to breaking my heart, not open, not honest, many things
Re: Age Difference by Mygoldie(f): 8:47pm On Dec 04, 2010
@OP, you already made up your mind.what do you need our advice for?will it make any difference? ''just wondering''
Re: Age Difference by ammamat(f): 8:50pm On Dec 04, 2010
@ Mygoldie, there is still needs for advice, there are pips that have been there for years , I believe with their experience , they still have some advices to give
Re: Age Difference by drious(m): 8:52pm On Dec 04, 2010
follow your heart sha, but remember old naija men dont really regard easy to get wifes

Drious.X.Scorpes
Re: Age Difference by desertboom(m): 9:37pm On Dec 04, 2010
I know you want us to say something that will make you feel comfortable but the truth is always better. Why must a young able girl like you waste your precious life with a man that is not fully active in almost every sphere of life? Why must a young girl like you want to start what you may regret very soon in life? Why must all the young men break your heart if something is not wrong with you or your behaviour? Why must you turn off all young men and choose old retard man; don't you think is odd? You may claim that you are not after money but the truth is obvious to every smart person. No offence, It's just the better truth.
Re: Age Difference by desertboom(m): 9:56pm On Dec 04, 2010
Please, moderators don't edit my post again. It makes some of sentence senseless.
Re: Age Difference by alfchye(m): 10:23pm On Dec 04, 2010
One advice from me, consider the kids u are going to bring to this world wit dis old man, wat if he dies when the kids are just maybe 3 to 4 years, how will u take care of the kids, becos 53 is close to the grave, I do not wish him dead.
My own advice here. Think nd really think
Re: Age Difference by Dsense(m): 10:38pm On Dec 04, 2010
OP,
It's ur life . . . . .Since u re happy with him and won't be complaining about his sagging willy grin . . .Go ahead!
Re: Age Difference by Carolece(f): 11:10pm On Dec 04, 2010
Age is generally just a number, but that age gap is way too wide. By the time you are his age, he's probably long gone as in dead or very useless to you.
Re: Age Difference by Cosmass(f): 12:35am On Dec 05, 2010
Babe I have always had issues with age differences and even came on here to post about a break up 'bout one but that age difference "27" and "53" is way tooooo much! It doesn't make sense. By the time you are 40, he would be 66 and so on. Not reasonable. I'm sure there are other guys older but not this much. Think wisely wink
Re: Age Difference by freecocoa(f): 1:15am On Dec 05, 2010
Mehn,poster the gap is pretty wide o,but truth is no one can make the decision 4 you,if you think you can live wiv watever comes wiv the union,then its your call,but truthfully honestly i can't marry someone dat old.
Re: Age Difference by ismaeel86(m): 1:33am On Dec 05, 2010
The man is almost twice your age, think before you make the big decision, and will you be able to cope with his already retiring kondo, which is one of d most important thing in any marriage. cheesy
Re: Age Difference by Battery1(m): 1:44am On Dec 05, 2010
ammamat:

This is not because of money or what, i just see him being the only man understanding me.
There must be sometin wrong wit u,its either u are a difficult lady or u are possessed or ur problem wil be 4rm ur village.
Re: Age Difference by LordReed(m): 2:27am On Dec 05, 2010
From ur name am guessing u are muslim n thus ur background has an influence on ur choice. I personally will not advise such a gap but if u are confident in ur love for one another then let nothing stop u.
Re: Age Difference by Dyt(f): 11:14am On Dec 05, 2010
^^^ n wat has muslim got 2 do wit choices?
Gosh sm ppl thinks so abnormal sef
Re: Age Difference by Tinksh(f): 11:24am On Dec 05, 2010
I guess your happy and thats what matters but even my father and myself is only 21 years apart in age!!!!! What about when your 40 and he is 60! Others are right about kids. Will he be able to keep up with his own children when he is a grandfathers age. Your way too young for this. But as i said, no one can stop you if you have made up your mind. My father was a grandfather at his age!!!
Re: Age Difference by obowunmi(m): 11:44am On Dec 05, 2010
Nothing wrong as long as ure happy and can manage his shrinking and wrinkling balls.
Re: Age Difference by Tinksh(f): 11:47am On Dec 05, 2010
obowunmi:

Nothing wrong as long as ure happy and can manage his shrinking and wrinkling balls.

Eeeewwwwwww!!!!!! grin grin Just got a visual!! Get it outta my head, get it out!!!!!!
Re: Age Difference by Dyt(f): 2:00pm On Dec 05, 2010
^^^ mayb i didnt read wel b4 u modified
m.oron.
Re: Age Difference by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 05, 2010
My cousine who is a medical doctor got married 2 a woman much older than he is,they are livin hapily and their first issues were twins (a boy and a girl).
Re: Age Difference by excoba101: 3:41pm On Dec 05, 2010
Have you asked your immediate friends and close family member(s) for advise?
Re: Age Difference by Tinksh(f): 2:07am On Dec 06, 2010
Dyt:

^^^ mayb i didnt read wel b4 u modified
m.oron.

What the
Re: Age Difference by stranger: 5:36am On Dec 06, 2010
ammamat:

Please this is just me, i want to know if anything is wrong in marrying a person than is older than you, as in the age gap is actually wide lol

I am 27 getting married to a man of 53 please i just need real advice, i LOVE

Don't you have parents?

Is he a billionaire?
If he is a billionaire, then I'd advise you to marry him, make him will everything he has to you, then get in contact with me for cyanide;afterwards, we will live happily ever after.
Re: Age Difference by ammamat(f): 6:53pm On Dec 06, 2010
Some pips are saying that something is wrong with me, Am possessing, difficult, all are wrong, I once post something about a guy I trusted so much, how He woke up one day and tell me that am too good for him to date, left me just like that in the name of what is best known to him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Does A Man Treat A Woman He Likes? / The Reasons Why Men Won't Commit / I'm In Luv: Matured Minds, Ur Advice Needed, Ow Do I Keep Her 4 Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.