Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,582 members, 7,812,903 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel (59632 Views)

FUOYE Invents Mail Dispatch Robot / MATMUSIC: Ishola Salami, University Of Ibadan Lecturer Invents Hip-Hop Song / Trailer Carries 100 UNILORIN Students Due To Fuel Scarcity (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by Mouthgag: 7:21pm On Jan 10, 2020
Richdad50:
shocked

The technological independence and know how
In the east is breathtaking. Some said it is the home of craftsmen with engineers hearts.

If I were a president, I will unleash upon the nation, the incredible scientific, technological, and entrepreneurship potentials of the East.

Needless to say, every region in the country possess tremendous and diverse abilities. It requires only a cohesive force to make Nigeria one of the greatest countries on earth.

Richdad
lol
mediocrity...

yeye

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by vineyardfarms: 7:25pm On Jan 10, 2020
Mishael42019:
Hahahah

I pity black people if the white started by constructing death trap like this the world would have been in dark age by now

I spit on this project

I spit on the school that accept such evil

I spit on black r***

I spit on Africa

God bless America
YOUR SOUL AND HEART IS EVIL, YOUR MIND IS EVIL, YOUR BLOOD IS EVIL. AMERICA WAS NOT BUILT BY AN ARMY OF ANGELS. THEY STARTED SOME WHERE. THEY ARE YET TO ARRIVED. FREE YOUR EVIL MIND AND HAVE PEACE
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by IdrisE(m): 7:29pm On Jan 10, 2020
Waw! This invention do catch my interest already o...
But hope say no be a whole trunk of plastic waste na em we go burn before producing a litter of diesel (fuel)... I just want to know o
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by IdrisE(m): 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2020
Waw! This invention don catch my interest already o...
But hope say no be a whole trunk of plastic waste na em we go burn before producing a litter of diesel (fuel)... I just want to know o
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by kareemkamil(m): 7:34pm On Jan 10, 2020
Reasonable person
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by domido(m): 7:36pm On Jan 10, 2020
bujebudanu1:
Nice one. But this is not a new invention na.

Pyrolysis vessel was my final project back in 2017

Over a thousand people don do this stuff for naija sef
Are you serious?!! And nothing has been done about it?

1 Like

Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by 2Ways(m): 7:38pm On Jan 10, 2020
Mishael42019:
Hahahah

I pity black people if the white started by constructing death trap like this the world would have been in dark age by now

I spit on this project

I spit on black r***

I spit on Africa

God bless America

you have zero (0) sense
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by Bbbwings: 7:40pm On Jan 10, 2020
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
You may spit out your intestines on any intellectual output of the Black since you are a fellow Black, may be out of complex. This invention may not be fanciful at this stage, but it is a true invention.

Nylon are essentially hydrocarbons and therefore have the potentials of giving out energy. Whichever gymnastics the dude might have played in successfully converting the energy into use is highly commendable and deserve attention of the public.

Note, fuel is not just about petrol and diesel. Even firewoods, clothes and any material that can burn on its own giving out heat is fuel. So shut up if you can't praise him.

I, personally don't subscribe to fantasies and foolishness borne out of ignorance. You may check my post on that crapy nonsense that "generates" electricity from water.
Generating electricity from water as fuel for generator is crappy nonsense though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by Fabuloski(m): 7:46pm On Jan 10, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

When he figures out how to produce heat with less fuel, then he can come back on social media to claim support for a real invention...more efficient energy production. For now, he should stop claiming (or others should stop claiming on his behalf) that he has invented something. And it's not about skin colour. It's about making false claims instead of doing the real research. A plastic pyrolysis machine like this will be a 12th grade science project in the US...and it will be more attractively built too.
I am telling you, I and my colleagues at Jet club at Ibadan built this while we were in ss3 and that was 2014.
I don't know what this people are making noise about

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by Bobbies007(m): 7:50pm On Jan 10, 2020
Mishael42019:
Hahahah

I spit on this project

I spit on black r***

I spit on Africa

God bless America

Ode ni e, God bless America, what do you know about America, you think America gives a Bleep about you, black Ape, i don't think you will make it in life, its people like you that i wish bokoharam has killed years ago, Kudos to the guy jare, he deserves some accolades
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by Lina2020: 7:58pm On Jan 10, 2020
Mishael42019:
Hahahah

I spit on this project

I spit on black r***

I spit on Africa

God bless America
undecided Nwamaikpe wannabe

1 Like

Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by Nicklaus619(m): 8:31pm On Jan 10, 2020
KingAzubuike:

This so called "invention" has been on since time immemorial. Nigerians exagerrate things alot. You call an outdated high school physics an invention lol

This among others, I have seen dreams died many times among Nigerians because of lacadastical attitude of the government.
If this is to be china or so, dey will simply improve on this idea and it becomes the next big tin .
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by Abagworo(m): 8:32pm On Jan 10, 2020
Primary chemistry
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by tiziano(m): 8:35pm On Jan 10, 2020
Mishael42019:
Hahahah

I spit on this project

I spit on black r***

I spit on Africa

God bless America
I spit on your sense. Oops! You don't even have
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by jaxxy(m): 8:57pm On Jan 10, 2020
I’m not sure this is a new discovery and its seems like a rather simple process, the end product hasn’t been confirmed exactly yet bt called near diese fuell. More R and d is needed.
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by bujebudanu1(m): 9:04pm On Jan 10, 2020
bilulu:

Did you produce anything or you only copy and paste like most of us

Oga,, we fabricated a large vessel, plus the cooling system.

U get a gas, and biofuel after cooling the gas

U fit burn d whole plastic wey dey Lagos, u no go see 200litres of fuel
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by MXrap: 9:11pm On Jan 10, 2020
Abagworo:
Primary chemistry

Useless old man which one have you ever produced? Ezi
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by vr0xen: 9:14pm On Jan 10, 2020
FMP Aiyeee
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by KarsanHughston: 9:19pm On Jan 10, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:

Water in the form of steam must have been heated up, and something must be producing the heat, so ultimately, the source of the heat is the actual source of the energy, water is just used as the medium for the energy transfer.

Again, water falling from a height on a turbine blade to drive the turbine actually possesses some potential energy which is converted to kinetic energy as it falls, and this energy drives the turbine. Now, if stones fall from a height on the blade, it can as well drive the turbine. So it is not as if the water itself has some energy for propelling the blade.

But water, as a chemical has no energy to fuel any machine contrary to what that "invention" was trying to make us believe.
[/s]
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by perpeling22(f): 9:20pm On Jan 10, 2020
Mishael42019:
Hahahah

I spit on this project

I spit on black r***

I spit on Africa

God bless America

Says CRK graduate. Shior!!!
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by Nascimento(m): 9:44pm On Jan 10, 2020
iamstanc:
Photos Of Machine Invented By Unizik Student That Can convert Pure Water Nylon to fuel

A just graduated student of  Chemical Engineering Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Anthony Obikwelu, has stunned the science world after he developed and manufactured a machine that can convert plastic and other waste materials into fuel.

Below is the detailed inscription on what the machine is all about. He writes,

This machine produces petroleum based fuel (closely diesel) from thermal pyrolysis of waste plastics.

Pyrolysis is the process of heating organic material at high temperatures in the absence of oxygen. Since no oxygen is present, the organic material does not combust. Instead, the chemical compounds that make up the material decompose into combustible gases and char. The produced gases is condensed to give a liquid fuel.

Pyrolysis presents an opportunity to manufacture low- carbon liquid fuels and decrease the emissions of the industry. These fuels are also compatible with our existing transportation infrastructure which eliminates the need to introduce costly new infrastructure. Complete pyrolysis of organic matter usually leaves a solid residue that consists mostly of elemental carbon; the process is then called carbonization.

As we all know, Plastic goods and packaging and the inevitable plastic waste resulting from them are found all over the world. Plastic is a relatively cheap, durable and versatile material. However, as waste it constitutes a sizeable percentage of the litter we see every day in public places. It is also non-biodegradable; presents risks to human health and the environment; and some types are difficult to re-use and/or recycle. Almost 100 million tons per annum are produced every day. So the process of pyrolysis of plastics is attempted to reduce the waste plastics and to find a source for alternative fuel.

This is really quite an invention as it solves the problem of cost of mining oil. It would help reduce the emiison of harmful waste matters into the air which affects our ozone layer. It will prevent issues of oil spilliage and ocean pollution. It'll also create direct and indirect employment as plastics and other waste materials would be sourced for, thereby creating an avenue through which people can earn a living.

Right now, the only hindrance to this machine is that it needs funding from the government, so it can be developed into a large scale model where millions of litres of oil can be produced daily. He can be contacted via email on Tonytopaz1@gmail.com or Facebook with the name Anthony Obikwelu.

https://www.unizikstudents.com/2020/01/10/photos-of-machine-invented-by-unizik-student-that-can-convert-pure-water-nylon-to-fuel

Nice.
But how does he take care of the methane release during pyrolysis of the plastics? I don't see any device that extract the methane. In large prod, this is a disaster waiting to happen.
Whats the source of the heat?
Should have made the machine look nice.
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 10, 2020
Chai too bad he wasn't born in somewhere like Finland we hardly find people like this in uni, everybody's own is degree. Mtcheeeeeeew.
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by Tocheagle(m): 10:34pm On Jan 10, 2020
Mishael42019:
Hahahah

I spit on this project

I spit on black r***

I spit on Africa

God bless America

I spit on you, wherever you are. Anulo

Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by Ogbeni111(m): 11:38pm On Jan 10, 2020
BLESSICA:
Omg I hope nothing happened to him??
Did he finish washing the movie @least?
What about the press?, were they able to resume from vacation?.
The do more than you expected...
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by comrChris(m): 11:49pm On Jan 10, 2020
Kudos Anthony, my good friend and senior colleague.
He was one time the general secretary of the department
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by Nobody: 1:04am On Jan 11, 2020
bujebudanu1:
Nice one. But this is not a new invention na.

Pyrolysis vessel was my final project back in 2017

Over a thousand people don do this stuff for naija sef
I did it too for my thesis in 2016. Fuel from waste plastic, an alternative for internal combustion engine...
Nigerian universities is just about recycling of project topics no new thing...nothing is done to expand a research.
Thank God I left
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by Nobody: 1:18am On Jan 11, 2020
Commendable!

Can only come from the East... But meanwhile, somewhere in the west, his agemate is eating a human heart with his mother.

Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by caye(m): 3:44am On Jan 11, 2020
Mishael42019:
Hahahah

I spit on this project

I spit on black r***

I spit on Africa

God bless America

Don't fall for this; he probably might be a white racist (white supremacist)
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by Nobody: 4:58am On Jan 11, 2020
caye:

Don't fall for this; he probably might be a white racist (white supremacist)
[quote author=mzBEAM post=85675470]
Mumu
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by larryking540: 5:30am On Jan 11, 2020
Nicklaus619:
We. As a people undermine our intelligence, and the shitty government ain't doing anything to help, they will rather gift one of their numerous girlfriend 20 million naira than spend 1 million on this project
What a country sad

Make this one come UAE,and get a chance to meet with their Emirates,forget it ,his life is transformed for generation,.

This are the people UAE are looking for
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by Nobody: 6:12am On Jan 11, 2020
Emeka nelson has a student nice, congratulations @ emeka nelson

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Memories Of A Dashing Male Teacher In An All Girls School / Man Buys N1500 Pencil In Ikoyi Lagos, Shares Photo / Top 3 Most Difficult Exams In The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.