Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,120 members, 7,953,454 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:33 PM

Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel (59905 Views)

FUOYE Invents Mail Dispatch Robot / MATMUSIC: Ishola Salami, University Of Ibadan Lecturer Invents Hip-Hop Song / Trailer Carries 100 UNILORIN Students Due To Fuel Scarcity (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by Cj4charles(m): 6:54am On Jan 11, 2020
Mishael42019:
Hahahah

I pity black people if the white started by constructing death trap like this the world would have been in dark age by now

I spit on this project

I spit on the school that accept such evil

I spit on black r***

I spit on Africa

God bless America
i spit on you also, Idiot
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 11, 2020
Cj4charles:
i spit on you also, Idiot
don’t you have fear for a man of God?
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by solreb: 8:52am On Jan 11, 2020
iamstanc:
Photos Of Machine Invented By Unizik Student That Can convert Pure Water Nylon to fuel

A just graduated student of  Chemical Engineering Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Anthony Obikwelu, has stunned the science world after he developed and manufactured a machine that can convert plastic and other waste materials into fuel.

Below is the detailed inscription on what the machine is all about. He writes,

This machine produces petroleum based fuel (closely diesel) from thermal pyrolysis of waste plastics.

Pyrolysis is the process of heating organic material at high temperatures in the absence of oxygen. Since no oxygen is present, the organic material does not combust. Instead, the chemical compounds that make up the material decompose into combustible gases and char. The produced gases is condensed to give a liquid fuel.

Pyrolysis presents an opportunity to manufacture low- carbon liquid fuels and decrease the emissions of the industry. These fuels are also compatible with our existing transportation infrastructure which eliminates the need to introduce costly new infrastructure. Complete pyrolysis of organic matter usually leaves a solid residue that consists mostly of elemental carbon; the process is then called carbonization.

As we all know, Plastic goods and packaging and the inevitable plastic waste resulting from them are found all over the world. Plastic is a relatively cheap, durable and versatile material. However, as waste it constitutes a sizeable percentage of the litter we see every day in public places. It is also non-biodegradable; presents risks to human health and the environment; and some types are difficult to re-use and/or recycle. Almost 100 million tons per annum are produced every day. So the process of pyrolysis of plastics is attempted to reduce the waste plastics and to find a source for alternative fuel.

This is really quite an invention as it solves the problem of cost of mining oil. It would help reduce the emiison of harmful waste matters into the air which affects our ozone layer. It will prevent issues of oil spilliage and ocean pollution. It'll also create direct and indirect employment as plastics and other waste materials would be sourced for, thereby creating an avenue through which people can earn a living.

Right now, the only hindrance to this machine is that it needs funding from the government, so it can be developed into a large scale model where millions of litres of oil can be produced daily. He can be contacted via email on Tonytopaz1@gmail.com or Facebook with the name Anthony Obikwelu.

https://www.unizikstudents.com/2020/01/10/photos-of-machine-invented-by-unizik-student-that-can-convert-pure-water-nylon-to-fuel
The guy does not need government for funding. There are standard protocols to follow for any invention. His former school can enlighten him. If he follows that, it will protect his intellectual property and he can attract funding from several organisations set up for this kind.
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 11, 2020
This machine was originally invented by a French engineer. The idea was copied, but he really tried.
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by Emylas(m): 12:45pm On Jan 11, 2020
Nice.. more grace to him
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 11, 2020
Person needs to test that fuel on a Power generator.

If it runs, then give children small change to go and pick kilograms of waste pure water sachets.
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by onosChrisbrown1: 2:12pm On Jan 11, 2020
Refinery
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by vivienD: 4:28pm On Jan 11, 2020
Mishael42019:
Hahahah

I pity black people if the white started by constructing death trap like this the world would have been in dark age by now

I spit on this project

I spit on black r***

I spit on Africa

God bless America
you are simply *MAD*
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by adollyboy(m): 5:55pm On Jan 11, 2020
I need the guy contact so that he build one for me to power my generator
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by vinkihillz(m): 12:02am On Jan 12, 2020
cassidy1996:
good but Nigerians don't give a damn.... na naria Marley and tacha

so sad things like this don't survive in Nigeria......kudos boy
baba no na just try luck em dy
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by obstead200(m): 1:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
bujebudanu1:
Nice one. But this is not a new invention na.

Pyrolysis vessel was my final project back in 2017

Over a thousand people don do this stuff for naija sef
exactly my point. We shud stop celebrating mediocrity in this country
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by tck2000(m): 10:42am On Jan 13, 2020
Richdad50:
shocked

The technological independence and know how
In the east is breathtaking. Some said it is the home of craftsmen with engineers hearts.

If I were a president, I will unleash upon the nation, the incredible scientific, technological, and entrepreneurship potentials of the East.

Needless to say, every region in the country possess tremendous and diverse abilities. It requires only a cohesive force to make Nigeria one of the greatest countries on earth.

Richdad
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by yungemmy234: 1:52pm On Jan 13, 2020
Nicklaus619:
We. As a people undermine our intelligence, and the shitty government ain't doing anything to help, they will rather gift one of their numerous girlfriend 20 million naira than spend 1 million on this project
What a country sad

I deigned an app like Instagram and facebook. I have not gone viral.
www.veva.site
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by Omohumble465: 1:59pm On Jan 17, 2020
Whatever your name is, please ehn, next time do something new and not claiming victory on someone else's lifework.
Hyderabad: A 45-year-old mechanical engineer from Hyderabad has come up with a novel idea of making petrol out of used plastic. Professor Satish Kumar, who has founded a company registered with the ministry of micro, small and medium enterprises, said the three-step process of converting plastic into fuel is known as plastic pyrolysis.

“The process helps recycle plastic into diesel, aviation fuel and petrol. About 500-kg of non-recyclable plastic can produce 400 litres of fuel. It is a simple process which requires no water and doesn’t release wastewater. Neither does it pollute the air as the process happens in a vacuum,” Kumar told News18.

Since 2016, the professor has converted 50 tonnes of ‘end-life’ plastic (that cannot be recycled) into fuel. At present, his company is producing 200 litre of petrol on a daily basis out of 200kg of plastic and selling the same at local industries for Rs 40/50 per litre.

However, the usability of this fuel for vehicles is yet to be tested. All kinds of plastics, except PVC (polyvinyl chloride) and PET (polyethylene terephthalate), can be used without the need for segregation. “Our main aim behind starting this plant is to help the environment. We are not expecting commercial benefits. We are only trying to do our bit to ensure a cleaner future. We are ready to share our technology with any interested entrepreneur,” he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news18.com/amp/news/india/this-man-in-hyderabad-is-making-fuel-out-of-plastic-and-selling-it-for-rs-40-a-litre-2203359.html
Re: Anthony Obikwelu Invents Machine That Converts Pure Water Nylon To Fuel by Oritsewhandey(m): 3:03am On Sep 14, 2020
Hahahah

I spit on this project

I spit on black r***

I spit on Africa

God bless America

Thanks a lot. Mr. Junkie.
Bless your soon to be deported slunk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Approves Six New Private Universities (names) / Professor's Nude Photos: UNILAG Releases Press Statement. / Former Scondary School Teacher Marries His Former Student In Delta (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.